LIVE, VOLUME 2: NAIL & TOOTH OUT
AUGUST 28 ON SOUTHERN GROUND ARTISTS
With inspiration ranging from a tin roof shack in the jungle to David Lynch, The Wood Brothers' Live, Volume 2: Nail & Tooth, the second installment of their live set, will be released August 28 on Southern Ground Artists.
The Wood Brothers|
Captured in front of sold-out crowds over the course of a 20-date U.S. tour, the eight-song album features revamped songs from previous albums, including "Spirit," the aforementioned original about finding inspiration written in a shack on a volcanic island, and the lascivious crowd-pleaser "Shoofly Pie."
The band rounds out the set with covers of some of their biggest influences, including Sister Rosetta Tharpe's "Up Above My Head" ("her amazing voice and guitar playing are a big inspiration") and "Get Out My Life Woman" by Allen Toussaint, whom Chris and Oliver call "one of our songwriting heroes."
As with Volume 1, Live, Volume 2: Nail & Tooth features drummer/percussionist Jano Rix and special guest Clay Cook of Zac Brown Band, who appears on "Ain't No More Cane" and the closer "Atlas." The album bottles the same energy and focus behind Vol. 1.
1. Up Above My Head (Sister Rosetta Tharpe)
2. Where My Baby Might Be (Christopher Long, Oliver Wood, Gregory Baba)
3. When I Was Young (Oliver Wood, Chris Wood)
4. Spirit (Oliver Wood)
5. Shoofly Pie (Oliver Wood, Chris Wood, Tyler Greenwell)
6. Ain't No More Cane (Traditional)
7. Get Out My Life (Allen Toussaint)
8. Atlas (Oliver Wood, Christopher Long, Gregory Baba, Adam Mewherter, Marcus Henderson, Christopher Uhler)
The Wood Brothers Tour Dates
The Wood Brothers News