MICKEY HART ANNOUNCES CAMP MYSTERIUM AT
FULL MOON RESORT IN BIG INDIAN, NY SEPT 3-6
Mickey Hart announces Camp Mysterium, an intimate 4 day adventure on the lands of the beautiful Full Moon Resort in Big Indian, NY- one half hour West of Woodstock, taking place September 3-6, 2012. The camp will feature a long list of rare activities including late night jam sessions with the band, a "Q & A" with Hart, individual workshops with the band, a talk with Hart and Fred Lieberman (UCSC Enthnomusicologist/Co-Author of Planet Drum, Drumming at the Edge Of Magic, Spirit Into Sound/Grateful Dead Archives), a drum building workshop, a drum circle with Hart and the band playing the sounds of the universe, and many more unique events.
The band will perform during the opening night celebration on the grounds and once more on the final night at the Bearsville Theatre in Woodstock, NY where camp attendees will also get to attend a private VIP soundcheck. There will be a limited number of resort packages available (180 maximum) for the camp. For reservations and more details, go to www.MickeyHart.net/camp-mysterium. For a full list of activities, see below.
Opening Day- 9/3/12
- Meet the band and opening remarks from Mickey. Welcome event with open bar and hors d'oeuvres.
- Everyone receives a Mysterium Tremendum Buffalo Drum
- Mickey Hart Band Show
- "The rhythm of the universe is introduced" - Mickey speaks on the world of space and drumming intertwined. Learn about the individual sounds sampled from the universe and get acquainted with the "Mysterium".
Day 2- 9/4/12
- Interactive Rhythm Experience (Join Mickey, and other band members in a 1 hour drum circle as you play with the sounds from the universe).
- Q & A with Mickey
- Individual Workshops with members of the band
- Evening hike/Frisbee game
- Jam session with the band leading into the evening...
- After dinner Activities such as:
- Evening Firepit Jams
- Building of the drum workshop
- Talk with Fred Lieberman
- Yoga + Drone
Day 3- 9/5/12
- Fred Lieberman/Mickey joint talk on:
- Why music?
- Sound is god.
- World is sound
- Bring this back to spiritual
- Various Afternoon Activities
- Evening: Mickey Hart Band Show at the Bearsville Theatre in Woodstock (Transportation Provided)
Everyone gets a VIP experience and gets to attend the 2nd half of sound check
Day 4- 9/6/12
- Farewell brunch
- Group Photo before departure
**Schedule is subject to change
**All activities are optional