UMPH NYE IN CHICAGO

Umphrey's McGee
Chicago's favorite jamband, Umphrey's McGee, will ring in the New Year with three shows in their hometown venue, Aragon Ballroom. The three show run is being called: All Roads Lead to Chicago, and will take place December 29th - 31st.

North Mississippi Allstars will open the Friday 12/29 gig, Los Lobos will support on 12/30, and Taj Mahal will join the Umph for the NYE show. The 12/31 show will feature three sets by Umphrey's McGee with Jeff Coffin and Mike "Mad Dog" Mavridoglou adding horns.

UMPHREY'S McGEE TOUR DATES
01.02 | Jam Cruise 5 | Fort Lauderdale, FL
01.03 | Jam Cruise 5 | Fort Lauderdale, FL
01.04 | Jam Cruise 5 | Fort Lauderdale, FL
01.05 | Jam Cruise 5 | Fort Lauderdale, FL
01.06 | Jam Cruise 5 | Fort Lauderdale, FL

[Published on: 9/21/06]

Comments

spaceface7 starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/21/2006 12:09PM

WOOHOO!!!! 6 days till they rock the town ballroom. Last years nye was amazing (my first new years show!!) but this year it all comes down to weather or not cheese is playin on the east, although I DO LOVE CHICAGO!!!

NickBoeka Thu 9/21/2006 02:02PM

NickBoeka

well I don't know about the Weather, but cheese will be in SF for New Years, so pick your coast.

thatpassivekid starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/21/2006 02:12PM

thatpassivekid

this is 4 of my favorite acts from bonnaroo 04 in one NYE show, i can't wait. plus UM 3 nights in a row is gunna be awesome.

schmidt420 starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/21/2006 02:44PM

three nights of umphreys, sounds like its just gets better every year. I'll be there for sure, 120 bucks for a three night pass though. I don't care I'd pay 200+ to see these shows!

QuantumTubaMan Thu 9/21/2006 02:49PM

QuantumTubaMan

QuantumTubaMan Thu 9/21/2006 02:49PM

QuantumTubaMan

Well the shows all sound fabulous, but 2 are 18+ so I can't legally attend. Can someone, please explain the rationale behind 18+ shows. Since no one can legally drink until their 21, that's no reason. What the HECK is the point!?

umphreak420 Thu 9/21/2006 02:54PM

tubaman3, chicago has what is called a curfew law. this means that anyone under 18 has to legally be off the streets and at home after a certain time of night. 1030 on weekdays and 1130 on weekends i think. so, they cant have a show that goes past these times if there are people there under 18. sorry dude, before you know it youll be 21, believe me

theorb419 Thu 9/21/2006 05:46PM

theorb419

yeah man 18+ shows are weak.

skmullen Thu 9/21/2006 08:38PM

Actually, 18+ shows rage somethin' fierce. But I hear ya', I went last year when I was 17 and they didn't check ID's, and no, I wasn't one of those n00bs in that picture.

nershi6string starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/22/2006 01:15AM

This is going to be so fucking sick last years new years with keller is going to be hard to beat the horn section was sweet as hell but nothing compared to mother fucking JEFF COFFIN!! this is going to be a show that you dont want to miss as far as the age limit goes i went last year and was one of the few people in my group that was 18 or older its prolly not a problem

umphreak5000 starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/22/2006 06:18AM

Ragin it once again in Chi-town with the boys! 3 nights are ALWAYS better then 2!

NuGgG Fri 9/22/2006 08:25AM

actually umphreak420 chicagos curfew is 17

PopcornAquarium starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/22/2006 10:19AM

HOLY SHIT! JEFF COFFIN?!?!?! fuck k-dub, his shit is bland and played out. Not into Los Lobos, probably get extra toast on the 30th while skipping LL, taj and nmas are going to be sweet, but jeff coffin?!?!?! i'm buying my pass NOW

p.s. all ages shows suck, 21+ shows are where it's motherfucking at. no drunken minors spewing my shoes, please

rakeyracoon starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/22/2006 11:18AM

Don't all of you remember when you where under 21. Why dont we all treat everybody with a little respect and let the the drunken idiots seperate themselves from the pack instead of just stereotyping everyone underage, because personally I've seen overage drunken idiots at shows than i have underage. Or is it just more socially acceptable for overage people to be smashed at these events.
On a musical note the shows are going to rock. the only thing that even makes me think twice about this show is Widespread in Atlanta and that is just a very little bit

spaceface7 starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/22/2006 11:45AM

Hey popcorn, wanna buy a $6 brew for this underage mofro?promise I won't spew on your shoes, just in the toilet like everyone else.

QuantumTubaMan Fri 9/22/2006 07:00PM

QuantumTubaMan

OK Popcorn Aquarium, you have proven yourself to be quite good at making irrational stereotypes. I have not noticed such behavior among minors, but I am quite new to "the scene." Indirectly, however, Popcorn Aquarium has shown why there are 18+/21+ shows. Many minors are more into mainstream music than jam, roots, jazz, and prog, so the venues do not gain much profits due to attendance by minors, but rather lose money, via lack of attendance on the part of folks like Popcorn Aquarium. Not sure if this is true, but it's a suitable conjecture.

tay1222 starstarstarstarstar Sat 9/23/2006 08:46AM

Atl for NYE is where its at. sorry...

cuttyfives starstarstarstarstar Sat 9/23/2006 02:11PM

saw umph last year for 2 nights..despite the sickness of CHI-TOWN i felt it was weak. The ballroom is dope but im passing this year. I skipped a DJ Logic show to see em too which i am bitter about. BEARS

schmidt420 starstarstarstarstar Sun 9/24/2006 01:18PM

You thought last year was weak? I guess you can't please everyone, Personally I don't think I would want to be anywhere else for new years eve than at an umphreys show like these. But again, thats just my tastes, the Atlanta shows will rock too, but this is where I belong.

Hanover starstarstarstarstar Mon 9/25/2006 09:17AM

Holy Shit!!!!! Last year was amazing as was WRAPPED AROUND THE CHIZZZZIII!!!!! and if anyone has seen them at all this year....than we all know this year will be heavenly!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} star Wed 9/27/2006 08:35AM

ahhh.. who cares.. Umph, pgroove, mss... eehhh..
not my thing. good for u if it makes ur world spinn..
peace ya'll

1048 starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/27/2006 08:49PM

1048

anyone think they'll check Id's i just turned 17 but i gotta go

1048 starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/27/2006 08:49PM

1048

anyone think they'll check Id's i just turned 17 but i gotta go

Doris Fink Sun 10/8/2006 05:53AM

Doris Fink

i couldnt think of a better way to celebrate the new year! can i get a hell yeah!

JakeCinningerisgod starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/13/2006 02:06PM

Jake is a god among men, god he shreads so does bayliss joel and meyers stasik keeps is so fucking real on the bass with farag on the perc and what not u must see all three of these fucking shows!!!!1

joolzen1 Wed 11/15/2006 08:40AM

joolzen1

ill check it out friday, ticket prices are killin me but hey umph is sick

beekerzoid starstarstarstar Sat 12/9/2006 03:28PM

beekerzoid

18 and over shows= no 14 year old hippies... LOVE IT!!