DUB-MULE FOR NYE

From www.mule.net:

NYE ANNOUNCEMENT: DUB SIDE OF THE MULE

Gov't Mule
Gov't Mule is pleased to announce that the New Year's tradition will continue, and the Mule will be performing for three nights at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. This year the theme for New Year's Eve will be Dub Side of the Mule, and Gov't Mule will again be performing Three Sets on New Years Eve. Mule Tickets will go on-sale on Friday September 15th through Mule Ticketing. More info, including opening acts and special guests will be announced shortly.

[Published on: 9/11/06]

Comments

craikes13 Mon 9/11/2006 12:52PM

craikes13

Dub Side of the Moon?

....Like the Easy Star All-Stars Dub Side?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstar Mon 9/11/2006 01:56PM

Maybe there will be a special reggae guest in the house?
after all unring the bell is a reggae tune on the new album
go mule!!! eeeaaahhhh mule!!! peace ya'll

gkord Mon 9/11/2006 03:09PM

i'm pretty sure that this means they're gonna do a reggae set. kinda like how last year they did a "soul" set doing james brown, otis redding and ray charles, etc...

spaceface7 starstarstarstarstar Mon 9/11/2006 04:46PM

Sounds awesome, kinda waiting to see where cheese is playin. But mule for 2 nights and moe. for 1 sounds like a good game plan

Luthur starstarstarstarstar Tue 9/12/2006 12:05PM

Just heard on the SIrius that yeah, it's some sort of reggae deal. It always cracks me up when Stef talks about Warren's projects. She's always like, "I heard" or "Rumor has it" or "The word on the street is". I honestly think she can just say, "Last night over dinner with Warren, my husband, he told me they are doing a reggae themed set for NYE." Long live the Mule.

joshp1731 Wed 9/13/2006 07:56AM

mule playing reggae? that would be kinda weird, no?

Hippie_RN starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/13/2006 03:50PM

Hippie_RN

I love me some mule, hard and loud in theatres and clubs has always been how i pictured this band, but seeing them step up and headline the big stage at red rocks a couple weeks ago was truly awesome...
LONG LIVE THE MULE

gkord starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/13/2006 08:35PM

joshp. have you heard the song Unring the Bell from Mule's new album? it's totally reggae. there are some reggae elements at times in the Mule's music. like the verses of "Time to Confess", or them breaking out the "reggae version" of Soulshine at several shows. this one should be the heat!

DaMule starstarstar Tue 10/10/2006 06:53AM

DaMule

I'm goin to all three nights of the NYE shows and soooooo pumped for all of em. When i first heard it was called dub side of the mule, i kinda figured it would be a nonstop Pink Floyd cover evening, but the announcement of Toots Hibbert for NYE just makes it even better, especially considering the island-rythym kinda route the Mule has been taking recently. CANT WAIT.

pandaracer Sun 11/19/2006 05:37AM

Woo Woo!...New years in New York! I'm comin' from Toronto for the Dub Side show. Stopping in Albany on the way for Trey on the 29th. Also lookin for tix for moe on the 30th.
Any advice for visiting Canadian friends would be greatly appreciated...eh! If anyone's coming to the Dec 1st show up here I'd be happy to provide assitance too! Cheers All!

DamnDiva Thu 11/30/2006 11:21AM

DamnDiva

Going to 30th, & 31st, so far. I LOVE BACK TO BACK SHOWS!!! 1st NYE in NYC @ The Beacon w/ Big Daddy & The Mule. I said it before & I'll say it again--I think Sexy Motherf&%$#* by Prince is in reach, Big Daddy. I realize it's not reggae-flavor, but I'm guessing neither was "Soulshine". Regardless, as always, just thrilled and thankful to be a part of the "Music For 'Yo Ass".
Big Daddy Warren, how can I get to you to get my Guitar Player magazine autographed??? Will there be opportunity to accomplish this mission in NYC?? until next time, Kathleen/DamnDiva(s) ..... aka "The Hi Stepa"

Related Goods