Ratdog and JamCam Remember Jerry with New Release
Clocking in at close to three hours total and boasting nearly 60 minutes of Ratdog concert footage, JamCam Chronicles' latest offering marks Bob Weir and Ratdog's first officially sanctioned appearance on a commercially released DVD.
Shot just days after what would have been Jerry Garcia's 63rd Birthday (August 1st) and just prior to the anniversary of his passing (August 9th) at Sunshine Daydream Farm's 20th Annual Jerry Garcia Birthday Bash Festival in Terra Alta, WV, JamCam's Season Two, Set Four serves as a fitting tribute to the Bob Weir described "workingman's hero." Ratdog leads the way, delivering standout performances of Grateful Dead classics "Sugar Magnolia," "Jack Straw," "Standing on the Moon," "One More Saturday Night" and the location appropriate "Sunshine Daydream" show closer, each seamlessly bridged by an eloquently spoken Bob Weir. The centerpiece of the DVD allows Bob to beam about his current pride and joy, Ratdog, touching on both its present state ("...we pick up from where we left off the night before and we just keep kickin' this stuff around... it's a lotta fun") and its future ("Ratdog is gonna tell me what it wants... I'm not the ringmaster... it's our band") prior to segueing into a stunning "Ashes and Glass."
The Codetalkers (featuring Bobby Lee Rodgers, Col. Bruce Hampton & Jimmy Herring), David Nelson Band, ekoostik hookah, Toni Brown Band (w/former GD keyboardist Tom Constanten), One-Eyed Jack and G-13 provide musical highlights as well, and members of each are given the opportunity to share their own thoughts on Jerry by way of entertaining, yet poignant interview segues.
A fun-filled "Favorite Jerry Moments" segment, a look at "Trip's Farm and the 20th Annual" and more than 30 minutes of bonus material (including almost five minutes of additional Bob Weir interview footage) round out this latest and arguably most essential addition to the JamCam time capsule. JamCam Chronicles DVDs can be ordered individually or at a heavily discounted subscription rate at www.jamcamdvd.com or by calling toll free (877) JamCam1.
JamCam Chronicles Jerry Bash 2005 Official Track List:
02. Ratdog - "Sugar Magnolia" > Bob Weir Interview > "Jack Straw"
03. The David Nelson Band - "Iko Iko" > Interview > "The Wheel"
04. G-13 - Interview segue > "Stars"
05. The Toni Brown Band - Interview > "Double Shot of Tequila"
06. Trip's Farm & the 20th Annual (w/Trip interview/Jerry Bash sights)
07. Ratdog - Bob Weir Interview > "Ashes and Glass"
08. The Codetalkers - "Yield Not to Temptation" >Interview > "Ike Stubblefield"
09. One-Eyed Jack - Interview > "Hard to Find the Time"
10. ekoostik hookah - Interview > "Another Good Man Gone"
11. Favorite Jerry Moments (w/band interview clips/Jerry Bash sights)
12. Ratdog - Bob Weir Interview > "Standing on the Moon" > Trip Interview > "One More Saturday Night" > "Sunshine Daydream"
13. Credits (w/additional interview clips)
Plus bonus music, more Bobby interview clips, etc.
JamCam Chronicles 2005 Jerry Garcia B'day Bash Trailer available here!