A TASTE OF JAZZ FEST: FIRST WEEKEND

THE NEW ORLEANS JAZZ & HERITAGE FESTIVAL
WEEKEND ONE :: 04.28 - 04.30
IMAGES BY ZACK SMITH

There is no debate that this year's New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival is of the utmost importance. Music fans are flocking to the Crescent City searching for rejuvenation, life, love, hope, music and more. What follows is just a teaser, some images to get you excited for the extensive coverage that JamBase will bring you in the days ahead.

Leo Nocentelli - The Meters :: Jazz Fest 2006

Nocentelli & Porter - The Meters :: Jazz Fest 2006

Trombone Shorty :: Jazz Fest 2006

Hurricane Flags :: Jazz Fest 2006

Jazz Fest 2006

JamBase | New Orleans
Go See Live Music!

[Published on: 5/3/06]

Comments

flowwmasta starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/4/2006 12:04PM

flowwmasta

nice photos! trombone shorty certainly is up and coming with buku talent....and style to boot. wish i could be there.

thesaxophonist starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/4/2006 01:21PM

thesaxophonist

Ching starstarstarstarstar Fri 5/5/2006 08:38PM

good Ol Zachary......YEAH U RITE.....

sfjason starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/11/2006 06:40PM

Again..I wish I could provide for New Orleans what it provides for me on a yearly basis @ J-fest...a total spiritual revival and a complete renewel in the power of what music holds for me...This is my personal Jazz Ramadan...the high holy days of groove.

CHEESYLEROY starstarstarstarstar Sun 5/14/2006 06:14PM

Damn Trombone Shorty playing with the Meters. They have a chance to invite anybody on that stage.

nolajosh starstarstarstarstar Tue 5/16/2006 11:37AM

Just wanted to add that the last picture is of the TBC (To Be Continued)Brass Band playing on the corner by my house ,They played my back yard on my 6th for our wedding party.These guys got more talent than Ive ever seen for being so young.These guys blow Rebirth off the map.