SCI, TREY AT 10KLF

10,000 Lakes Festival Confirms for July 19 - 22 in Northern Minnesota
4th Annual Event to Feature Trey Anastasio, The String Cheese Incident as Headliners

The 4th Annual 10,000 Lakes Festival (10KLF) will open its gates July 19 - 22, 2006 at the scenic Soo Pass Ranch in Detroit Lakes, MN for four special days of live musical performances and campout experiences in the Minnesota North Woods.

10,000 Lakes Festival’s current line-up includes:

Trey Anastasio
The String Cheese Incident
• Keller Williams Incident (with String Cheese Incident)
O.A.R. (...Of A Revolution)
Keller Williams
New Primitives
Fat Maw Rooney
Trampled By Turtles
Backyard Tire Fire
Moses Mayes
Hooch

Additional artists will be announced in the coming weeks. Visit www.10KLF.com for a complete list of performers.

The 10,000 Lakes Festival community comes together once a year to celebrate great music in an enchanting natural setting within a participatory, dynamic festival environment. In 2005, the Minneapolis Star Tribune admired that the 10,000 Lakes Festival was “filled with thousands of good vibes.” Jambase.com calls 10KLF “gold from the North Country”. The Star Tribune continues “Even the musicians are impressed by the fest site.” Backstage at 10KLF, Jon Bell, singer/guitarist with Widespread Panic told the Tribune "There's room to move and lots of friendliness and not too crazy. It''s a very open vibe. You can't create that."

Dotting the spacious festival and campgrounds are 4 stages showcasing the 40+ bands performing on the Barn Stage, a shady hill overlooking the concert bowl, the open air Field Stage, the Saloon Stage for intimate concerts and late night jams, and the Main Stage where everyone gathers in the evening for the headliners'' concerts featuring Trey Anastasio, The String Cheese Incident and more.

Additionally, independent and unsigned bands will have the opportunity to perform at the festival through the ''Cosmic Break'' competition. Please visit the festival website after March 1 for information on how a band may submit materials for consideration to perform the 10,000 Lakes Festival.

Show Details:
Wednesday, July 19 - Saturday, July 22, 2006
Soo Pass Ranch
25526 Cty Hwy 22
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501

For tickets or more information visit www.10KLF.com or call 800-493-3378.

Advance General Admission Music & Camping Tickets are $120. VIP Ticket Packages are $350 per person and are available for a premium music and camping experience. Each VIP Ticket includes 2 meals per day Thurs - Sat, 10KLF camping chair, 6 drink tickets, access to the backstage VIP lounge, and VIP seating section at the Main Stage. Each General Admission and VIP ticket covers camping and all music from Wednesday, July 19 through Sunday, July 23. For non-camping music enthusiasts, there are 3-Day Music Only tickets available for $75 which include music Thursday, July 20 - Saturday, July 22. 1-Day Music Only: $50 any day - Wednesday, July 19 - Saturday, July 22. Children 12 and under are admitted free with paid adults.

All listed artists have confirmed their appearance at the 10,000 Lakes Festival; however, artists are subject to change without notice. Tickets are available at the Official 10,000 Lakes Festival website: 10KLF.com or by calling 800-493-3378 and at Ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster locations and MusicToday outlets.

[Published on: 2/22/06]

Comments

jonjuandemarco starstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 11:43AM

I went last year because it was my dream lineup. This year, not so much. The venue is really nice, and I had a really great time, as there were lots of really great people/staff there. If you are into SCI, Trey, I would recommend going. I am not, so I will save my 12 hour drive for a different Fest. I'd definitely go back for a different lineup however. Have fun.

kdensonrocks starstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 11:50AM

dont get me wrong i like trey and sci but i dont think they should be headlining, we are now in the umphreys era they should be headliningg with sci, i mean really trey closed it last year and his performance was mediocre at best, when he is playing his solo dates he is simply a pompous show off and his soloing just gets down right repetitive and boring, and his new songs are too happy and melodic. On the other hand if Mike Gordon comes on stage with him like at x-mas jam that will be completely different and straight up ILL!!! They need to get karl denson too to make they show more diverse!

mistia Mon 2/20/2006 12:11PM

I really didn't think that they could top last year.....boy, they sure did!! Who knows, there is still an open spot on the main stage for Sat night;) See everone up here in July! Cheers.

migsmaster starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 12:15PM

widespread panic as other headliner...

Adam T.s. Mon 2/20/2006 12:30PM

Adam T.s.

This looks like an insane good time. Too bad I'm heading to Waka and Roo already and can't get more time off. Work is a bitch. Anyone know of any short-term seriouse illnesses I could come down with?

larry starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 12:40PM

larry

Sweet! Best fest of the year. Nothing like waking up on a beautiful MN morning and grooving with some kind heads to some fantastic music. These people really have their act together. Everything was thought out and done well. I can't wait to hear the Duo W/ Mike again!!!! Sweet!!!!

phishski starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 12:48PM

phishski

Got to love 10k it is going to be one of the best festivals of the summer. SCI in northern Minnesota? Does it get much better than that? I can't wait for this one. Wouldn't miss this one for the world. Mr. Soccerball head will see you all there.

StonerDude Mon 2/20/2006 12:55PM

sweet line-up

jamtheman Mon 2/20/2006 01:02PM

Wheres Panic?

ParrotheadFargo starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 01:14PM

ParrotheadFargo

"Gold from the North Counrty" -- That is the best description for this laid back, top notch festival. Its too bad that everyone know about it now!!!! Great Lineup, just wish that OAR was not on the bill, but SCI and Keller Williams Project will be F**kin' crazy!

See You at 10k!

lil parrot

cheesehead05 starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 01:20PM

cheesehead05

I can't explain the goosebumps I got reading this line-up. Its difficult to match the atmosphere and crowd at 10KLF. Another weekend of great music, friends, and memories. See you there!!

rowdiex starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 01:31PM

rowdiex

Ohh shit this looks like a festy I will be at. Cant beat K-Dub w/ SCI. Umph late night, Medeski late night, and Mike w/ The Duo. Yep Im getting a ticket sooner then later. See yall there.

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 01:37PM

RothburyWithCheese

Finally!!! This is what Bonnaroo should have been!!! Trey, Cheese, Keller w/ a side of Cheese, The Duo, Hot Rum, plus OAR, MMW, the Big Wu. Hell yeah!!!! Not to crazy about Umph or Bore Head Todd but beggars cant be choosers.....

mohouse starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 02:04PM

Festival time is here and in full form. I had a weird intuition that SCI would be in beautiful MN this year, it was confirmed today. Yipeeeeeeee It is going to be a magestic weedkend for sure. The lineup is only going to grow, I would say get better, but it is amazing as is. Waka/10klakes is where its at this summer. See all you kind folks on the dance floor. Peace from IL.

xilz Mon 2/20/2006 02:29PM

xilz

Finally a festy with good headlineres (IF trey can get his head out of his ass)all they need now is some claypool,particle,and the dead. WHERE IS THE SERIALPOD AT? I am going to take the 30 hour trip from S.c to go

loyalfamily Mon 2/20/2006 02:38PM

loyalfamily

This just in... 10KLF Cosmic Break Tour is coming April 2006. If you are into new bands, there will be a good dose at this year's fest. Big Thanks to 10KLF for giving the little bands a chance to be a part of a great weekend.

Joshua
LF

blnkjrd starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 02:58PM

Wow, great line up! See you'll in MN

professorwormbog Mon 2/20/2006 03:03PM

professorwormbog

The Keller Incident looks great on paper, but the set times show they will be playing on the Main Stage on Friday, 7/21 at 6:00pm. wtf? I was fortunate enough to see the Keller Incident at the original Bonnaroo, which ran from midnight until 4am. It was one of the sickest shows I've ever seen, and if you haven't heard it, I suggest you check it out. But my point is, KWI at 6pm is whack. We need to contact 10klf and tell them to change this show to a late night crowdpleaser. What do you say?

sdhamilton20 starstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 03:20PM

This is going to be my first 10K Lakes festival and I am totally stoked. I went to Roo last year and it was alright. This year the Roo sucks, Wakarusa is in the middle of a wedding I have to go to. 10K Lakes looks sick. I would like to see some Panic though. See you all there. Got my ticket today!! WOO HOOOO

peaton starstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 03:25PM

peaton

This line-up is sick! I still think they should give O.A.R. the boot and add a band like widespread, bisco, or mmj.

smkybandit3 starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 04:06PM

C You All There...

Sblank85 starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 04:43PM

Sblank85

AHHHHHHHHHHH! SCI at 10k, I've been praying for them to headline this show since last years. If you see this Brian, do I get VIP again??? Can't wait for the insane music and the trippy fireworks. THIS IS GONAA BE SO BAD ASS!! Best Fest Yet...see you there :) ~Shannah

dyzank starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 04:45PM

i think im the only one that thinks this isnt amazing...medeski and tea leaf would be cool so would cheese and keller but im not a big fan of either...trey sucks

scifan06 starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 05:49PM

This si best lineup a festival could hae langerado came close last year with keller and cheese onstage together but a whole sety and they arent even headlining, who could follow that set? Still to come is the best part of thsi lineup. The lineup is amazing without it and the still to come keeps my heart racing I won't sleep for 5 months thinking about it.

Gizmo Mon 2/20/2006 05:59PM

one question - where is Buckethead?!?!

panicing420 starstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 06:37PM

i agree where is my panic. a great line up but i personally would not pay to go to a fest if panic is not headlining

jlwilliams3 starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 08:11PM

My boyfriend has gone to every one of the 10K festivals and has just raved about it for the past few years- I am really looking forward to joining him this summer as the lineup looks amazing. I've gone to Telluride for the past few summers but will be giving up my spot in Town Park for a ticket to 10K Lakes. Can't wait!! Anyone have suggestions on the best campground??

youngphan starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 08:13PM

A proud day to live in Minnesota i will be at waka and sierra and topping it off with a litlle 10klf what a summer and what a graduation present what do all three of those have in common? they kick the shit out of radiohead and the rest of roo

saxdizzle starstarstar Mon 2/20/2006 11:50PM

the lineup this year isn't so hot, but my current favorite band, BACKYARD TIRE FIRE, will be there. They are definitely worth a listen! Check out this show I just recorded in St. Louis.

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 03:50AM

RothburyWithCheese

For the people talking smack about this festival, i ask you: If this lineup isnt that great, what is your "dream lineup"? Trey, Cheese, Keller. The only thing missing is maybe Phil and Friends with Ryan Adams or Yonder Mountain or maybe Dark Star or Assembly of Dust. Les and something with Mr. Haynes would be nice too. But I think this lineup could be one for the ages. Just please no Widespread Panic!!!

doublejayteam starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 05:30AM

Sounds good to me....i dont understand why people have to rag on Trey, some stupid elite phan being an arse as usual. U think u can write any better. If u dont like the line up just dont go, quite simple really. Cant wait the show sounds awesome.

youngphan starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 05:55AM

I was just thinking about what could make this better and i hope the promoters look at this... maybe add the greyboy allstars. No one rocks harder then karl and robert

umphrees starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 06:03AM

umphrees

I new it and called it this has to be the best festival this summer. I really dont cair if i dont go to any other festivals. Its sweet to see trey heldline with SCI instead of WSP. The only thing that they need there now is some Les claypool. Even if he doesnt play there its still going to be sick

Trecmd starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 06:57AM

I love the new up and coming acts that make it into this festival. Looking forward to LICORICE this year!!!

cinnamongirl starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 09:15AM

Best fest out there. None of that over-commercialized, over-crowded crap you get at other good festivals....It just keeps getting better and better. Parrothead, we are gonna rock out even better than last year :)...See ya at te lakes!

pronice Tue 2/21/2006 10:16AM

Finally some postings that don't take dumps on Trey in each and every one. He's hittin' his groove this summer, just wait. Trey's just chargin' up the ole light saber. Trey and the Gordo Zone...it's on!
I am foregoing the Roo this year. Went to all 4 but this is the one where Superfly starts to sell out and becomes far too commercialized - in it fer the loot. Too bad cause Oysterhead is going be there and I'm not. &%$#!!!!
Eh, I'd rather make the trek to MN to the 'gold of the North country' and be able to sleep in until at least 8 or 9am. Better than rolling around in a steaming hot tent in TN and TRYING to sleep for 3 hours before the Tennesuckee sun beats down. It shall be grand in MN. I just hope Panic signs on as the last headliner!!
Northeast meets Midwest. Wicked fun! Peace pirates unite!!!

chancevb Tue 2/21/2006 10:22AM

chancevb

this is the best line-up for a festival since roo one and two. yet better because they finally left panic off the bill. thank you 10klf. hope they add john butler and xavier rudd

Chopdogg starstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 10:52AM

lineup looks sick, but looks like i'll be in Europe with the boys from Georgia; no panic on any festival lineups so far...hope that means a Europe tour for me...but what do i know???

cam0083 starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 11:28AM

cam0083

This looks like a great lineup that could only get better. Anyone planning on coming from other parts of the country outside the midwest, make sure not to miss the 19th with MN bands Trampled by Turtles and WookieFoot. Come see some good local music plus the great national bands. See ya there.

cocheese Tue 2/21/2006 02:13PM

cocheese

I don't understand why everyone is so down on Panic. O.A.R. can really bring it live, so don't knock it until you've tried it. Seriously guys, I am a fan of Phish, the early stuff especially, but Trey has lost his touch. "Story of the Ghost" started it and when OysterHead came along I didn't think he could get any worse, but then came "Shine" and WOW! a new meaning for suckin' Still love the early stuff. And PRONICE your name doesn't fit your attitude, why do you have to hate on TENNESSEE for? I love the 90degree temps. You don't won't to sleep your life away do ya?

Snatcher starstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 02:34PM

WHERE THE HELL IS PANIC IN ALL THESE FESTIVAL LINEUPS THIS YEAR??!! WE ALL KNOW THEY ARE DIRTIEST BAND OUT THERE. TWO WORDS = DAVE SCHOOLS

ColoradoMatt starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 03:32PM

Looking forward to a hell of a good time. The Keller Incident is for sure going to be epic!!!...............Going to be making the trip up from northwest colorado.

phishfreak Tue 2/21/2006 03:57PM

2006 -- The Summer of Green......Tea Leaf Green!

gazzy starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 04:25PM

gazzy

You got to love those Minnesota folks. Bands miss us all the time, but now they come here for a huge throw down annually. And we do it right. I have gone every year and you all will love it. Just Be Cool, that is the only motto. I have a feeling that Saturday nite is saved for Panic because they started this thing and have participated each year. (Stockholm Syndrome while on hiatus got the headline) I am getting psyched all over again, you won't believe it.

andvon Tue 2/21/2006 06:22PM

andvon

why's everyone so down on trey and panic...especially if the other great bands are gonna be there. Old phish was better than new trey, but i gotta admit that Shine makes me feel good. Panic is set to put out a new record, im exicted to hear what they'll be like playing more songs that weren't written by houser, with george playing them. We need to release ourselves from houser, not forget him, but accept the fact that he is gone and Panic is changing and still rockin.

they should add State Radio, maybe try and snag galactic, and get MMJ up there. And don't forget NMAS.

shakobe star Tue 2/21/2006 07:09PM

can we please have a fest without those annoying damn hoolahoops.if there's one band that drives me up the wall it's sci and there crappy happy music making there poser fans do the charlie brown dance the whole show.bring me DOOM!!,bring me PANIC!!!as for trey, i only hope the best from him!

doses420rolls starstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 07:43PM

I just ordered my 10k tickets for this summer. While i am extremely excited, I pretty dissapointed that frou of my favorite bands are not making it to either 10K or wakarusa - STS9, Galactic, Particle, and Darkstar. I heard Darkstar put on an amazing show at 10k last year and god knows the other three put on nothing but amazing show. Cant wait for MMW though, still have never seen them. Oh and Keller Williams incident came out of nowhere but should be worth all 120 right there, im pumped.

Tomfoolery starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 10:53PM

Tomfoolery

By far the best line up I've seen since the original bonnaroo. A Keller Incident??!!! Are you fuckin' kidding me!! Those of us who saw Big Summer Classic/KWI @ Bonnaroo 2002 know those motherfuckers throw down. Furthermore, I'm gonna go out on a limb and call it right now....a whole summer tour of Keller Incidents. We can only be so god damn lucky.

totalot starstarstar Tue 2/21/2006 11:09PM

Would love to see the Delta Nove boys back. I realize they are on the smaller side but I would enjoy seeing them develop in my backyard! Drums in the tunnel were sick....

styleelongboard starstarstarstarstar Wed 2/22/2006 01:41AM

should be called the 10,000 wooksfest! Good place for it though, in the middle of nowhere. a bunch of stinky neanderthals listening to a bunch of noodeling.

ParrotheadFargo Wed 2/22/2006 07:11AM

ParrotheadFargo

cinnamongirl, Bring it! We hold it strong in the Upper Midwest!

Lake Sallie is the best spot to camp, for whoever asked.

parrotheadfargo

kdensonrocks starstarstarstar Wed 2/22/2006 07:48AM

I know all you panic fans are dissapointed but I'm kinda glad, I saw them four times last year (twice at bonnaroo and twice up here in Minnesota)and they were sick but, I'm ready for something else, a little change in pace. How sick would it be if the open spot was for karl denson and robert walter playing with the greyboy allstars like at wakarusa!!! Please tell me that is who the open saturday spot is for, and is it too late to replace trey?!??!?!?!

Boonyer Wed 2/22/2006 07:52AM

Another great lineup. Waka, roo, and 10k will be fun this year. And look, no panic!!! These guys have been given too much the past few years. I saw them at deer creek in indy last summer and the whole crowd could havce squeezed into the pavilion, what a joke. Its time for the younger bands to step up.

Boonyer Wed 2/22/2006 07:58AM

Plus Panic's show at vegoose was so lame. The Trey band ripped it suprisingly and Phil w/ warren haynes was great!

ambrosiajam starstarstarstarstar Wed 2/22/2006 08:52AM

Umphrey's McGee finally playing at 10K. Never went to 10K but this year looks crazy..

Umphrey's and CHEESE! Hell yeah! Nobody knows this yet, but cheese and umphreys are the new 'gods' of the 'jamband' scene. They just rage it like no other bands.

keller will play with umphreys, someone from umphreys will play with cheese, someone from cheese will play with umphreys, and maybe even umphreys williams incident. Big summer classic? keller + umphreys nye? it all adds up to be one hell of a time for some damn good possibilities.

Gordon?! hell yeah! trey? that makes it seem really weird...i bet i wont even see trey, but hell, he's got the whole phish thing under his belt, so it adds up to be the best lineup i've seen yet.

i guess i dont listen to too much panic so i'm not real bummed about no panic.

wookiefoot is real good, check em out.

hopefull sts9 gets involved.... and maybe more friends of cheese, too....

EVERYONE GET SUPER PUMPED!

i'd like to see peak experience collaborate with it all to make it an ultimate experience, but i'm sure it will be sweet as it is

pronice Wed 2/22/2006 10:07AM

t-gets-boned-a-plenty...that name sounds much more like your style. You must be from the dirty south. And you must be the guy that slashed my brother's tent and stole my backpack and flag at Roo '05. Probably stole my cooler at Coventry too.
It seems as though some unruley individuals wait for postings and then hack them down quickly. I've fallen victim here...hey guy, I was just making it a point that, as much fun and excitement that the Roo has to offer, it's a fucking 27 hour drive for me and it is hot as balls at Bonnaroo. Coming from the northeast where the weather is much more cooperative in the summer, Tennesee sucks that time of year. That's your opinion if you like the heat.
I don't. Awe-ight? I never said I was hatin' on TN. And getting some sleep ain't a bad thing. Not my style to stay up doing piles of 'goodies' all night long only to be a pile of junk the next day.
Also, the Panic brings it at these festies, bro-ham. Besides the sick-ass late night shows AND TREY IN '02, and because Phish quit on us, Panic is only real band that can headline the Roo. They know how to bring the thund-ah!! That's my opinion, we welcome yours.

cocheese Wed 2/22/2006 01:02PM

cocheese

Hey PRONICE I belive you've contraDICKed yourself, cause you were hating on my beloved TENNESSEE, (remember how u spelled it). I don't know what u mean by "goodies" but no that ain't me bro. Sorry bout your loot but shit happens buddy. I down with the Panic too, they bring the heat always. I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there that's all, after all that is what this is for, right?

pronice Wed 2/22/2006 01:11PM

shizzle, I just realized that was wrong of me to dis tboneaplenty like that. I'm not like that - really. In fact, I'll buy you a shot of whickey at 10K. We'll party down, get toe up from the flo' up! Team North (aka Team Drink) can throw down like the rest of y'all.
I just get sick and tired of reading these posts of people shittin' on bands/musicians/artists that have created some of the most incredible music I have ever heard and still do. Yes, Trey isn't playing up to his absolute potential these days (he isn't with his boys any more!) and Panic doesn't have Mikey any more. It doesn't take away from what they did with Herbie at the Roo last summer! But fuck, I'll still go see 'em all and have a good time in my own little circle of friends...'so glad you could make it' And yes, I am lovin' the new grooves out there and NEED to go see more, that is if they would come over to the far regions of the northeast. We're isolated over here.

cocheese Wed 2/22/2006 01:21PM

cocheese

PRONICE no beef bro, I'm from the south so I have a lot of pride for TENNESSEE. The 'ickey sounds nice, maybe I'll bring a batch of my home brewed Jack Daniels, I call it JD 7 1/2. Much more of a kick to it. Can you say "jack daniels if u please, knock me to my knees!" (anyone curious of how to make it at home, just shout)

ekoostikrib starstarstar Wed 2/22/2006 01:45PM

10k lakes is going to a blast this year. Great music in a great place. i cant wait. one thing i cant believe how much people are dogging great musical talent like trey and panic and chesse and who the fuck ever. if these bands sucked so bad they would not be the main event at the summer fests. if you dont like it dont go. save your money and save your bitchen for something eles- not my good time.

I would like to see ekoostik hookah or one under at 10k lakes or the roo
peace everyone see you in the sun

VWFiend Wed 2/22/2006 08:52PM

O.A.R is a bunch of wussies but the rest of the lineup looks sick. Umphreys + Cheese + KW = madness.

pronice Thu 2/23/2006 06:15AM

o.k. last one. so yeah, no beef with ya tbone. I got to thinkin' last night about how rude I was. That's not my style. Bad day = on the edge. Just nix that posting. I'm still pissed that someone stole my shit at those festivals. Who does that shit? Is that what the Roo is coming down to? Thieves and heroin addicts. I like the 'ickey idea...that's my style. I'll meet up wit ya at the Panic show on Sat. You bring the JD 7 1/2 and I'll bring the Crown & coke. Maybe even some Maine potato vodka. It's the new style.
Where's OYSTERHEAD???

Teabagger starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/23/2006 06:58AM

Teabagger

I wouldn't count out Panic yet. There is still one open headliner spot. Also a bunch of other spots for bands mentioned earlier like Galactic or Greyboys. But it all comes down to three words people: Tea Leaf Green. Best band out there right now.

thethrill Thu 2/23/2006 01:25PM

I would love to see some Railroad Earth added to this show. But to agree with ericgorsuch, TLG will rip it up.

gazzy Thu 2/23/2006 07:55PM

gazzy

The last spot could be reserved for phil and SCI and Trey as Friends. Phil just played with Trey in NY and he had SCI almost help him in the beginning of Phil and Friends. One Super band lead by Phil embracing the memories of the Grateful Dead would be special occurance. If not, then well panic

TWhitt420 starstarstarstarstar Fri 2/24/2006 12:13AM

Panic Schmanik.....TLG!!!!!!

NuGgG Fri 2/24/2006 06:44AM

cheese! keller!.....cheese + keller??!!! :)
lets see some yonder now

pronice Fri 2/24/2006 11:21AM

Tea Leaf Green - Green Leaf Tea HMMM? Have to see it for myself...what's it all about?
Panic drops it like it's hot.
Trey, Les, Stu = OYSTERHEAD late night
Need to bring back DSO
JEMP, oh wait, that's halloween

Jazzzzz starstarstarstarstar Fri 2/24/2006 12:38PM

Jazzzzz

Came from out West last year first time solo V.I.P.! Humm, M,M,W? The fest/people was amazing and beats the overpriced attitudes of High Sierra... road trip!

deeznugs Sat 2/25/2006 12:25PM

i heard something about a reunion? hmmm. im sure i dont have to tell you that this should be taken with MANY grains of salt.

just what i heard.

huckfather Sat 2/25/2006 01:31PM

I dig the line-up so far. Only SCI sighting so far this summer. Not to mention a keller williams incident, dont' get to many of those. Would love to see yonder but is right on top of rocky grass so I don't think we will. John Butler Trio would be a welcoming addition along with Bisco, Blues Traveler, and some galactic. I wonder if the Keels will make up to play with keller too? Where is Panic people? keep checking the site but not getting any info. Maybe JB will come back to chicago on opening day for the cubs and give us another acoustic duet at the bar accross from wrigley field. the best $3 cover I ever payed. Back to 10k lakes fest. I will be there will you?

nphilli1 Sun 2/26/2006 05:23PM

I am stoked on this line-up. I have never seen Phish but I do I must say that some of the worst current festival goers seem to be those people who have nothing good to say about music. I am so F***ing tired of hearing about how bad Trey sucks. And would someone please tell me why it is that Panic seems to be the biggest headliner for every show they play if they suck so bad. Will a Phish fan please tell me why Trey and Panic supposedly suck please. Panic improvises like no other band currrently touring. I can't wait to see KWI and Umphrey's late night. Has anyone seen Mutaytor before?

worldbefree Mon 2/27/2006 06:51AM

worldbefree

Hey jazzzzz(or anyone else) I've been to High Sierra twice and have mixed feelings about it. I'd be curious to hear any elaboration of comparing and contrasting to 10kLakes,(or Waka that I'm also considering) which i've never attended. It seems to me the crowd vibe, traffic, logistics, camping etc. shade one's enjoyment of a fest as much as who's headlining. Any comments appreciated.

beggarsmoon starstarstarstar Mon 2/27/2006 08:49AM

quit drawling lines between good music. I think are personal interests should not result in us judging a band that set somebody else's head free. Isn't that what it's all about. I really thought I wouldn't appreciate any band like the dead , but then I caught umphrysmegee, keller and sci and the vibe was right. Where's moe? I'm ready for a little hot butter I missed them too many times and now the time is right. for all you doubters of panic checkout love tractor their opener in roo 03'. That was crazy. the whole show was on point. oysterhead coming back FINALLY for roo. till MN.

ToddWalton Mon 2/27/2006 11:58AM

now this.. is a festival

freekfreely starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/27/2006 02:01PM

Quit your bitchin WSP has played there every year. Trey and Gordo and UMph and Keller Incident sounds f@cking great to me. Ill make the twenty plus drive out from Colorado and love it. now lets get some Pgroove and Disco Biscuits.
Peace and Hula Hoops

gesenhues Tue 2/28/2006 11:00AM

You all need to grow up, it's just music. One day you'll dicover you're just too high, and these bands all make a mockery of why music is really important. At the same time , you support their prolonged, adolesent, selfish, lifestyles.

Jazzzzz starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/28/2006 01:32PM

Jazzzzz

Worldbefree -
First the drive out to 10,000 lakes was amazing in it's self. With camping along the way, stop at Red Rocks, Custer State Park to see the Prez., and back through the badlands and montanna yellow stone, and finally ending upcamping in the Grand Tetons was a spectacular adventure indeed! I felt like the Midwest (firt time out there) was great because people seemed really connected to themselves and earth; a refreshing concept. The fest it's self was a great site! Plenty of space and kindness to go around, many lakes to swim in, canopy trees, hot during the day but not unbarrable. It truly is beautiful country. The fest was well organized (o.k. they are into fire works late night big time, but bring ear plugs) met some cali's and colorado folks.... It was just a great big chill.... The VIP pass was well worth the $$$ you get all meals and a really cool chills space. Having my summers off, I am very tempted to go out again. Then I saw the line up for 'All Good" and was like 10,000 lakes is right after that!!!!! wwweeeeee summmmmmerrrrrrr timeeee can't come soon enough! Higly recommend a different experince...... Especially if your from the bay area.

chow!

adamben1 Tue 2/28/2006 03:40PM

sadly ill miss this.. a midwest cheesehead and im missin their only somewhat close festival appearance.. and i heard their return tour in 06 will be west coast explicit :(

as far as wookiefoot.. i went to basic training (summer training for the guard is why im missing this) with one of the band member's brother.. from what i remember i hated their album, beastie boys but shitty

as far as trey..........lol, nuff said

hellyeah Tue 2/28/2006 10:02PM

gesenhues, what does it mean that all these bands make a mockery of what makes music important. that makes absolutely no sense.

worldbefree Wed 3/1/2006 07:47AM

worldbefree

Jazzzzz, thanks for the comments. I rather enjoy "sandwiching" a fest with a few side ventures myself. Sounds like 10klf is a good one in this regard.

raelee Thu 3/2/2006 11:48AM

is anyone going from the east coast/ny that wants to go hike and camp along the way?

huggett starstarstarstarstar Fri 3/3/2006 04:27PM

Railroad Earth is confirmed its on their site

goodlovingroove starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/5/2006 10:16AM

goodlovingroove

10kl has got it right: CHEESE! what good festival wouldn't have cheese....oh yeah...bonaroo

hackitup starstarstar Sun 3/5/2006 02:11PM

I just want to say that I'm sick of hearing all this trey bashing. Yeah maybe he's loosing his touch, but so did clapton and we don't all go around saying Cream sucks do we? Also anyone of you out there that says Trey sucks should pick up a guitar and try to play YEM or stash, and then we'll really see who sucks.

ambrosiajam Tue 3/7/2006 11:20AM

trey's a lazy man. a hypocrite, as well.

keep on singing for the sake of the song, after the thrill is gone. he said phish was turning into a nostalgia act, but it seems like the 70 volt parade is worse than a nostalgia act. i hope 10K isnt the 70 volt parade and instead his awesome horn band.

cheese, umphreys, mmw, gordon, and so on.... yeah, thats more thrilling. :)

juls1158 starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/7/2006 01:38PM

Would like to see NBFB on the bill this year. Get some East Coast music in that lineup!

And, I second the Oysterhead vote! Bring it!

shineball Wed 3/15/2006 06:45PM

you know Trey can still put on a good show.I admit his newer stuff sucks but the overall show quality is good. phish might be back who knows(to all the haters fuck ya)but until that and still you cant compare a Trey show to a Phish show. or mike and the duo or mike and kotke(Mike's solo stuff is better i will admit that) but to say that Trey is lazy and all that crap. Whatever

cannabisking Thu 3/23/2006 10:32AM