ZERO REUNION IN THE ROCKIES

From www.kimock.com:

ZERO: CHANCE IN A MILLION REUNION

Steve Kimock
It's true! Steve Kimock and Greg Anton present Zero: Chance in a Million Reunion. Three nights in Denver, CO at Cervantes' Masterpiece Ballroom March 9th, 10th, & 11th, you don't want to miss this! The show will feature players from the Chance in a Million record: Steve Kimock, Greg Anton, Martin Fierro, Liam Hanrahan, Pete Sears and very special guest John Morgan Kimock.
[Published on: 2/3/06]

Comments

rpmills starstarstarstarstar Fri 2/3/2006 04:31PM

HOLY SHIT! This is great news, I read something last week that this was possibly in the works but damn that was fast.
Might have to make the 20 hr. to Denver for this run.

assafjaffe starstarstarstarstar Fri 2/3/2006 06:37PM

assafjaffe

Hell Yeah. I only hope they can do some shows back in the Bay. It's nice to see Liam, one of the best bass players around get to revisit his stint with the band.

gos starstarstarstarstar Sat 2/4/2006 05:17AM

gos

Great news - one of my all time favorite bands.

RothburyWithCheese star Sat 2/4/2006 10:27AM

RothburyWithCheese

I have never heard Zero but I have heard Kimrock's guitar playing. He's pretty sharp. I just dont know about Fierro. I saw him play with SCI in Vegas on Halloween 2003 and heard him on Jerry's Legion of Mary cds and man he can turn even legendary bands into lounge acts.

Marcsmall starstarstarstar Sat 2/4/2006 05:46PM

Marcsmall

kellerhead-- Martin is one of the best at what he does...Legion of Mary was perhaps the best project Garcia ever worked on. When you are at Cervantes (if you go) you will be blown away when he works the wa-wa pedal with that Sax. He turned Jerry's band into a truly powerful machine. Also, if you saw Martin with SCI, I would recommend seeing him with some guys who can actually play.

Buckner Sat 2/4/2006 06:29PM

Kellerhead - you think Legion of Mary sounds like a lounge act? You obviously know Zero about Martin or Jerry for that matter. Martin is an inspirational sax player, who, on the occasions I've seen him, has only elevated the show. He is master improvisationist and can hang with best of them.

shakobe starstarstarstar Sat 2/4/2006 09:03PM

wow! i think that's wonderful.not a real big fan of kimock solo
but have always enjoyed him in zero,you know funny thing, even before jerry died i somehow felt that zero would be carrying the deads torch.well so much for that assumption.

alltimepanic starstarstar Sun 2/5/2006 05:54AM

cool cool,
Zero's back for for three in denver...what about us east coast freaks. ride those Horses east old friends.

jakeh Mon 2/6/2006 07:25AM

Fierro IS a legend. I'm not sure which LOM shows you were listening to, but listen again.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Mon 2/6/2006 12:14PM

Hehe.. Kellerhead is showing his age.. Its not many younger fans that know about zero.. Hell, I didnt know about them till after the furtherfest tours with kimock on board, and I am 35!!! I had to get into SKB before I even found out about zero. Awww, Marc Small, dont be so hard on SCI. They can play when they are feeling it, and besides, I have always loved the wide range of covers they play, its all about having fun with music :) peace ya'll.

Marcsmall starstarstarstarstar Mon 2/6/2006 06:08PM

Marcsmall

Miles--You're correct. I was just busting his chops. Some people on here take everything waaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously, this is all good clean fun.

joshp1731 Tue 2/7/2006 12:01AM

never really listened to zero...can anyone recomend a show or even a year i should hear?

slopeside starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/7/2006 06:35AM

whoohoo~ this possibly has to be the best yr. for me with kimock~ i have never seen zero :blush but i have tix for all 3 ngts and REALLY looking forward to more kimock experiences. thank you from colorado!

blainecole Tue 2/7/2006 07:02AM

This is going to be fantastic. If you have never been to Cervantes, you’re in for a treat! Start early in the evening next door at Quixote’s True blue for some pool, suds…. Then head over to the Ballroom… relax upstairs on the couches, or hang down on the main floor with the Band… either way it will be a great evening of good friends, good drink, and jammin’ music! Jay Bianchi and team run a great venue! Come and join the fun! IT's worth a 20 hour Drive! Heck make a week of it... there is sooo much snow in the rockies it is sick!

hoponopono starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/7/2006 07:47AM

Sick.. after all the hooplah of the infamous flip off show at cervantes, Kimock sure is good to us Coloradians.. can't wait. You east and west coasters better make it out for this collaberation, it is some of Jerry's favorite musicians:)

uptoyou starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/7/2006 09:19AM

Dude this is it..... This is the best possible thing that could happen for the true zero family and Marin County locals!!!!

stoge99 starstarstarstarstar Tue 2/7/2006 10:18AM

This is the best news I've heard in a long, long time. We Coloradans have been mighty blessed the past few months with great shows by Steve! I just saw an unbelievable line-up last Friday at Cervantes! Kimock & Banyan put on a show that's a must-have for any fan of good impromptu music! If the Zero shows are going to be anything close to this (I'm sure they'll even be better!) than we're in for a Chance in a Million treat! I'll be going to all three shows!!

littlehandss starstarstar Tue 2/7/2006 11:31AM

Everyone else from the last Zero lineup is in, but no Bobby Vega? I'm sure these shows will be good, but how good remains to be seen. To bad Vega and Kimock had a falling out. He's the bass player that compliments Kimock the best from the shows I've seen, but I will keep an open mind/ear.

putzu starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/16/2006 10:04AM

putzu

awwww man...that's the same w/e as Langerado in Fla...and I'll be down there soaking up the sun...and enjoying the great tunes at the best spring break party around...hopefully...maybe, if we all wish hard enough...it'll happen again...and out west...anyway, all you CO heads enjoy the sh!t out of those shows...hmmm...just one tiny reason I wish I was still in the Fort...
ttfn