The 2004 Austin City Limits Music Festival will take place September
17-19 in Austin, TX. More than 130 bands will play on eight stages set up in Zilker Park in the heart of downtown Austin for three days. In the spirit of the legendary public television show--Austin City Limits, the longest-running popular music show in the United States--the artists performing at the Festival will continue to represent the same wide variety of music genres found on the groundbreaking program. Confirmed artists for this year's Festival include:
Photo by Chris Goodyear
Robert Randolph & the Family Band
Big Head Todd and the Monsters
Tickets are available online at ACLFestival.com.
Last year more than 155,000 people attended the festival from all 50 states and more than five countries, including the UK and Japan.
Here are some other cool things about Austin City Limits Festival:
* Free internet access for all attendees in the SBC YahooDSL!
* Cingular customers get text messaging updates and special offers
* Ticket giveaways to attend tapings of the television show Austin City Limits
* The food market at the festival represents the flavor of Austin, from BBQ and TexMex to haute cuisine
* SoCo art market on site features local artisans selling everything from cowboy hats to clothing to handmade art
* ACL Experience tent invites people to learn more about the long-running television series and see classic episodes ranging from Tom Wait's performance from Season 4 (1979), to Lucinda Williams from Season 15 (1990), to Beck from Season 28 (2002).
JamBase | Austin
Go See Live Music
[Published on: 5/10/04]