Blue Bear School of Music Master Class Artist Series Presents:
Skerik + Radioactive = SKERDIO!!!
Seattle's highly acclaimed madman saxophonist and Bay Area favorite Skerik will physically appear along with worldwide underground legend emcee and beatboxer Radioactive as the newly formed duo SKERDIO. The event will take place at the Blue Bear School of Music on Saturday, March 13 at 6 P.M.
Skerik (Critters Buggin, Dead Kenny G's, Garage a Trois, Syncopated Taint Septet, Roger Waters, Les Claypool, etc.) will bring his latest electronics set up that allows him to efficiently change timbres, sounds and directions. Skerik will demonstrate signal path, unity gain and survival in the electronic music world, meaning survival techniques
using any sound system found in any club, theater, church or cult headquarters.
Radioactive, (New Native, Top Four Flights, New Clear Vision, True World Order, and Formally of Michael Franti and Spearhead) who holds two Australian Gold Records, will teach standard beatboxing, mic rocking, looping, lyric writing and hook making, as well as crowd participation, mic control, stage presence, album concepts, marketing
strategies, freestyling and tour expectations. Random tips for saxophonists, lyricists, beatboxers and musicians of all types will be brought forth.
These demonstrations and techniques are for:
1. Saxophonists: acoustic and rhythmic techniques will be demonstrated.
2. Individuals seeking an alternative outlet of expression.
3. Electronically curious DJs, musicians, seeking new signal paths, effects and monitoring techniques.
4. Aspiring musicians wondering what backstage is really like and what to say if someone asks you to license your hot new single.
5. Non-performing fans of music looking for insight into the mystery of creation.
6. Emcees, beatboxers, poets, and lyricists wanting easy to do steps for moving forward in the seriousness of their
7. Those wanting to engage stage presence, crowd rocking, and being comfortable in front of a crowd
8. Artist and speakers curious about gaining proper mic control and technique
9. Lyricists and musicians interested in improvisation and freestyling. Anyone wondering what hip hop is.
Date: Saturday, March 13 2010
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Where: Blue Bear School of Music - Performance Hall in San Francisco
Ticket: Price: Sliding Scale $5 - $25
Purchase tickets through the web site or at the Front Desk during normal
business hours Bldg. D, Fort Mason Center, San Francisco, CA 94123 (415) 673-3600
Skerik Tour Dates :: Skerik News :: Skerik Concert Reviews