Phish: Red Rocks Ticket Snafu

TICKETMASTER RELEASES TICKETS EARLY, THEN CANCELS ORDERS

While tickets for Phish's Red Rocks Amphitheatre shows weren't set to go on sale until March 26, alert fans realized that Ticketmaster was selling 4-day passes last night. Rather than a surprise for true believers, this was a system error and the orders were quickly cancelled.

Phish issued the following statement on their site this afternoon:

Last night we learned Ticketmaster mistakenly put on sale a substantial number of four-day passes to Phish's concerts this summer at Red Rocks Amphitheater, giving some fans an unfair advantage to purchase tickets ahead of the March 26th publicly announced on sale date. Ticketmaster has fully acknowledged this significant error, and to make sure that all of our fans have the same, fair opportunity to purchase tickets to this event, they have cancelled all of these orders with all charges being refunded.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause our fans. We are in active dialogue with Ticketmaster to push them to address the inconvenience their error has caused.

Phish takes this and all ticketing matters extremely seriously. We will seek assurances this type of error will not happen again in the future. The high demand for the tickets on Phish's return has overwhelmed the prevailing ticketing systems and revealed their flaws. We are putting pressure on the ticketing providers to improve their systems. We are focused on the ticket broker activity in our tickets and the inability of the existing ticket systems to stop this. We are actively seeking options to limit this.

As a reminder, the public on sale date for Red Rocks is Thursday, March 26th at 12:00 Noon Mountain time and additionally Phish's ticket request period will remain open until 11:59PM eastern time this Sunday the 22nd. Please visit phish.portals.musictoday.com/ to request tickets.

Thank you for your continued support.

Here's a sampling of the chatter this glitch has stirred up:

Rolling Stone article

Glide Magazine article

So, Phans are left to cross their fingers and hope that come March 26 that ticket sales go smoother than the they did for the Hampton run.

In the meantime, here's "Fluffhead" from the recently released Clifford Ball DVD to calm our nerves.

[Published on: 3/19/09]

Comments

Happy Husk Thu 3/19/2009 11:59AM

Happy Husk

Just when you thought it was safe to go outside...

BRabbit Thu 3/19/2009 12:04PM
panicpanicpanic! star Thu 3/19/2009 12:07PM

panicpanicpanic!

^^NEVER!

nickrbk Thu 3/19/2009 12:07PM

nickrbk

shity

Seattlesublime Thu 3/19/2009 12:10PM

Seattlesublime

You'll Get Over It

farquha star Thu 3/19/2009 12:10PM

what a Rollercoaster of a ride that was last night! Went to bed with (6) 4-day passes thinking me and all my phishhead phriends were going to the show, to wake up and see all my tix CANCELLED! Fuck You TM/LN for all you have fucked me over for! i thought it was my lucky day....should have known it was too good to be true!

WharfRat Thu 3/19/2009 12:14PM
bob sacamano Thu 3/19/2009 12:17PM

bob sacamano

i didnt get tickets, but knew of friends that did, and I am upset about it too. these people that got those tickets are phans. even though my chances would be slimmer I still think its a bummer that they didnt get tickets.

Oh well the world keeps turning and the bands keep rocking.

EricTW83 Thu 3/19/2009 12:20PM

I bought 2x4 packs last night. Needless to say I was thrilled, but still apprehensive because it seemed too goo to be true (it was). From reading other message boards it seems way way way more true fans got tickets than happen during this snafu. If i don't pull in the lottery for Red Rocks I might just say fuck it to ticketmaster day and not go.

I live in Colorado, 30 mins from Red Rocks. If I can't go see my favorite band at our local concert venue (without shelling out a few grand), what is the point in even being a fan anymore? Time for me to give it up, stop taking this shit so seriously, and move on with my life.

phishmann star Thu 3/19/2009 12:21PM

phishmann

I hope I win the lotto!!!

BRabbit Thu 3/19/2009 12:22PM

BRabbit

so true eric

phishmann star Thu 3/19/2009 12:25PM

phishmann

Cmon guys lets not throw in the towel yet

gorfolio Thu 3/19/2009 12:27PM

gorfolio

whine whine whine...get over it, a mistake occured and the right thing is being done. Think about how many people may have been at work or doing something else that couldn't take advantage of this!!! That is why they post a PUBLIC ON SALE DATE!!! Good luck with the lottery.

Mr_McDankenstein Thu 3/19/2009 12:27PM

Mr_McDankenstein

Maybe they'll pass out free ice cream cones the whole run because of this.

bob sacamano Thu 3/19/2009 12:32PM

bob sacamano

^^ YUM ^^

Benjamin Human Thu 3/19/2009 12:32PM

Benjamin Human

SITUATION NORMAL ALL FUCKED UP

shanky95 Thu 3/19/2009 12:35PM

anyone who bought tickets last night and actually thought they would have them in the morning is an ass-clown. "Magic pre-sale" for Red Rocks? What do you think this is?? Fantasy Island?? the Mork and Mindie show? Epcot Center? ...seeing Phish shows now is all about winning a lottery, that's what it's become. So everyone should request tickets, try and buy them on the Public On-Sale date, then meet people, trade, and swindle to try and get tickets to WHATEVER shows, then try and trade or something. If you get pissed and give up you'll never get to a show, if you keep your eyes open and try hard you'll probably make it. Or if you have like 5 grand saved up... PHISH AT EPCOT CENTER for NEW YEARS (i know people) sit-ins with Pluto for Runaway Jim, and Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum for My Friend My Friend. GOOD LUCK!!

oompapa Thu 3/19/2009 12:36PM

oompapa

Phish Comment on Ticketing Fiasco

Phish has publicly commented on last night’s Red Rocks ticketing fiasco. A message posted on the group’s homepage said the following:

As a reminder, the public on sale date for Red Rocks is Thursday, March 26th at 12:00 noon Mountain time and additionally Phish's ticket request period will remain open until 11:59 pm eastern time this Sunday the 22nd.

GeorgieP Thu 3/19/2009 12:36PM

GeorgieP

It's like this whole summer tour ticketing process is being handled by a bunch of chimps.

chuckus Thu 3/19/2009 12:38PM

If the sale date was already set for 3/26, how would an "alert fans" know that the 4 day passes were on sale? Are folks already camped out in front of their computers for a ticket sale that is a week away? Please advise.

phishmann star Thu 3/19/2009 12:38PM

phishmann

what are those chimps spending all those service fees on?

bwh100 Thu 3/19/2009 12:42PM

bwh100

Of course they take it extremely seroiusly, its money.

fishbone1 Thu 3/19/2009 12:47PM

fishbone1

"We are putting pressure on the ticketing providers to improve their systems. We are focused on the ticket broker activity in our tickets and the inability of the existing ticket systems to stop this. We are actively seeking options to limit this."

Here's an idea - sell the damn tickets yourselves through your own system. That way, an already flawed system can't fuck shit up!

bob sacamano Thu 3/19/2009 01:00PM

bob sacamano

you kno bananna prices went up.^

karrvingwaves Thu 3/19/2009 01:02PM

karrvingwaves

why is Fish's face covered in the picture?

HighwayBill star Thu 3/19/2009 01:03PM

eh things happen. I got a pass and couldn't believe it but figured this would happen

mattchu Thu 3/19/2009 01:06PM

mattchu

fishbone, thats a foolish comment.

A. they do, the lottery

B. they cant do any more than that, because contracts with almost all major venues, ticketmaster must be in control of X amount of the ticket sales, otherwise phish wouldnt be playing the venues we love to be at, (or hate to be...)

willydog Thu 3/19/2009 01:07PM
Phish_Phan2003 Thu 3/19/2009 01:20PM

Bummer. I would have been pretty excited too. Too bad for me I was waiting to here back on the lottery and also waiting knowing that I'll hit the internet sale. To say that your a bigger fan than the next guy because your already refreshing ticketmaster pages again and again a week in advance is a little much. Say what you have to say to vent your rage. That's what this is all about after all right...ha. I wish everyone luck on their lottery picks and the public sale. It seems to be all about luck this summer that's for sure.

GammaJamma Thu 3/19/2009 01:22PM

GammaJamma

I would go to a Lost island Fest for sure. I want to echo what "chuckus" said: Why are people already floating around ticketmaster now anyways? did one person find out and then spread across boards? I hate TM's monopoly. But I think Phish SHOULD be playing other venues, TM doesn't own everything just the great paying places. Take a hit for the team phish and play at my farm for free- 50,000 capacity easily

conrad65 Thu 3/19/2009 01:24PM

Let this be the catalyst for an uprising against the rising tide of Ticketmaster/Live Nation. We cannot abide this kind of tyranny, especially in the world of music. They MUST be stopped!

zachn00b Thu 3/19/2009 01:32PM

zachn00b

If Phish were truly loyal to it Phans, there would take the route SCI did and start thier own ticketing company so that the fans feel appreciated rather than screwed by the corporate takeover of the music world

travpf Thu 3/19/2009 01:33PM

I don't plan on attending any of the Phish reunion (greed fest) shows. This could all be prevented if Phish would just do what most other large national acts do and announce a full fledged tour and quit just releasing shows here and there. This trickle of dates just causes the panic to get tickets and promotes the scalping even more. Oh and who's the IDIOT in Phish's Management that didn't expect OVERWHELMING responses to the tour and tickets. This entire process was a fiasco from the get go. I love Phish seen them many times, but it's gotten too out of hand. I'd rather go and supply my hard earned money in this crappy economy to other up and coming artists, local non TM/LN controlled venues or established acts whose management understands how to effectively beat the stupid TM/LN scam.

I wish everyone the best in their endeavours to obtain tickets.

Just my opionion.

Jokerman Thu 3/19/2009 01:34PM

fish's face is covered because the band thought that his weight would be an eyesore and hinder publicity...

ScottyB starstarstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 01:36PM

ScottyB

Great post and thanks for the link to Hidden Track! We love you guys too.

jazzfester Thu 3/19/2009 01:37PM

Did TM keep the "convenience charge"?

travpf Thu 3/19/2009 01:38PM

My "greed fest" comment wasn't directed at Phish as I believe they've put effort into keeping the ticket prices low. My comment was in regards to the entire process and it involving TM/LN, other entities and individuals scalping tickets for astronomical prices.

BGsteveBG Thu 3/19/2009 01:40PM

BGsteveBG

On the bright side, at least Phish is gonna shred this tour.

Lets hope the actual sale date doesn't have as many problems, but, third time's the charm!

GeorgieP Thu 3/19/2009 01:42PM

GeorgieP

All these Tom Brady ads are driving me fucking crazy.

BGsteveBG Thu 3/19/2009 01:42PM

BGsteveBG

^ travpf, I agree... It feels like ever since Phish announced the reunion, EVERYBODY is reaching into my pockets to grab as much $ as possible BESIDES Phish... Keep in mind, they only want $49.50/ticket

Broesau Thu 3/19/2009 01:51PM

So what the fuck, people are pissed cause their orders were canceled? This was the right thing to do people, what if you're like me and don't spend every waking fucking second hooked into the internet (ie "alert fans")and you found out this morning that the show was sold out before tickets supposedly even went on sale?

Having the erroneous order canceled is not getting "fucked by a corporation" as some bright soul up top said, but getting shut out of a show for not checking the TM website every 10 minutes would have been a major "grab your ankles" moment.

Thanks for doing the right thing, now just keep the brokers off the site on the real sale date. fuckers.

danalog Thu 3/19/2009 01:51PM

danalog

Don't be fooled. The reason Phish is on tour is to reach into your pockets.....for money, that is.

nsafay Thu 3/19/2009 01:54PM

That "only the true fans got the tickets last night" comment adds to the jackassness that has been said on this website since Phish announced a their comeback. Ewww...I'm a "true fan" because I saw them more, or I saw them way before you even knew who they were...fucking pathetic.

BRAHnnie_lott Thu 3/19/2009 01:55PM

BRAHnnie_lott

as i was the first person to bring it up on the other phish thread sorry if you bought tickets then got canceled, i think most people were pretty sure it was 50/50 of holding up but TM has their asses covered, disclaimer'd...

Pricing and Other Errors

If the amount you pay for a ticket is incorrect regardless of whether because of an error in a price posted on this web site or otherwise communicated to you, or you are able to order a ticket before its scheduled on-sale or presale date or you are able to order a ticket that was not supposed to have been released for sale, then: Ticketmaster will have the right to cancel that ticket (or the order for that ticket) and refund to you the amount that you paid. This will apply regardless of whether because of human error or a transactional malfunction of this web site or other Ticketmaster operated system.

DAMONCORY Thu 3/19/2009 01:55PM

DAMONCORY

Imagine that? Morons working for Ticketmaster.

Broesau Thu 3/19/2009 01:57PM

"these people that got those tickets are phans."

Yeah, and the people that didn't like myself don't like phish at all. Hippies are fucking stupid.

EricTW83 Thu 3/19/2009 01:57PM

I got tipped off for the Red Rocks "pre-sale" accident from Phantasy Tour. I honestly deep down kinda knew it wouldn't hold up, but I couldn't contain getting all giddy thinking, what if it was really some sort of limited pre-sale event of a few hundred passes? I also knew that if it was a legit pre-sale it definitely wasn't 100% fair and those fans that didn't know about would be all salty and bitch about it. But seriously, a shit load fans would have gotten tickets through this mistake who are all gonna get shut out come 3/26 when the ticketmaster system is all jammed up. Truth. Plus like a bunch of chimps, they decided to stagger the on sale date so instead of people in NY going for SPAC, Darien etc while I am going for Red Rocks...everyone in the frickin' country is going to go after Red Rocks on 3/26 just like with Hampton.

If I don't pull in the lottery, I seriously think thats gonna be it for me. I can afford scalper prices, but come on people Hampton was sick (i was not there) but Phish peaked in mid-90s. I don't care who is playing $400+ per ticket ain't worth it. Last year i took a 8 day wilderness rafting trip in Utah, epic in all senses. Cost me $250, total. There are many epic experiences to had in life other than going to phish shows.

Mark Price former NBA star Thu 3/19/2009 01:59PM

Mark Price former NBA star

So many people went to bed last night thinking they were set to see Phish at the Rocks. I'm sure sweet dreams were happening all night, and then they wake up to see their tickets CANCELED. That would SUCK big time. Good luck everybody in the Lotto. And does anybody know if on the 26th if they are offering 4 day passes, or do you have to buy tickets one at a time?

EricTW83 Thu 3/19/2009 02:00PM

Sorry for negativity today...I know this is totally self-serving, but they should preference local people for local shows in PTBM lottery.

BRAHnnie_lott Thu 3/19/2009 02:02PM

BRAHnnie_lott

this is not the first time this has ever happened for a band and certainly not the last or ticketmaster would not have a disclaimer such as that posted above and below....

Pricing and Other Errors

mykedakyke starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 02:06PM

i was online with tickets in cart when i relized i dint have enough money to cover the charge i went to borrow my brothers card, meanwile ticketmasters time limit ran out and re released the tickets when i tried to log back on it was not availbale anymore. i put in my requests for red rocks but hopefully i get em.

gdboston Thu 3/19/2009 02:09PM
braintunes Thu 3/19/2009 02:14PM

thanks for the fluffhead...look forward to the full DVD...here's to fond memories and new beginnings!

Putnameter Thu 3/19/2009 02:16PM
ReturntoLettuce Thu 3/19/2009 02:16PM

so what's the deal with Fenway?

Broesau Thu 3/19/2009 02:16PM

eric

i have always thought they should do that. I'm not trying to see Phish in your town, i just want to see em in mine. I don't think that's unreasonable.

zeus283 Thu 3/19/2009 02:28PM

zeus283

Do not give me that shti about venues! There are plenty of places to play that do not have to involve ticket bastard. I say phuck these greedy bands and their management! Dude I know this a different era but, my uncle went to GD shows that were held at parks that were FREE. Yes you heard it FREE! And he was at the Blind Faith Hyde park show also FREE! Now I know there's a lot more carp involved now with safety and whatever but, all i'm saying is that they put forth the effort to reward fans and not phuck them all the time.

eask Thu 3/19/2009 02:32PM

eask

panic dude!!

nmack05 Thu 3/19/2009 02:37PM

Any official estimates as to how many people will request tickes to the red rocks shows? Any idea how many requested for Hampton?

DeadBandofPhishes420 Thu 3/19/2009 02:45PM

Dear Phish,

Please announce that you will be playing your own festival for a whole week, then and only then will people stop bitching about not being able to see yous guys. Big Cyprus would be nice, but somewhere in the heartland so it is equally accessible to all the phans.

An annoyed phan.

PS-if you wouldnt mind playing a free 4/20 show in toledo, ohio that would be cool i guess...haha

thamollusk Thu 3/19/2009 02:50PM

thamollusk

Shoreline amp actually sells a limited number of tickets two days in advance to locals who live in Mountain View. I don't think it's a bad idea.

acomma Thu 3/19/2009 02:52PM

acomma

Phish in Toledo hahaha!!! I'm from Toledo, and the biggest jam acts we've had in the past few years are DSO and hookah. It is nice to think about, maybe a show in BG?

MOERON10 Thu 3/19/2009 02:52PM

i will wait till dvd comes out and watch it in my living room.without a bunch of meth heads who have no idea what seein phish live is really about.dont get me wrong ive seen phish and love em.cant stand the kids that made a good scene bad.

nomemory Thu 3/19/2009 03:05PM

nomemory

Geesh, this band only broke up for about 5 years, what's the big deal? There will be plenty of shows to go around. Some bands go longer than 5 years without an album or tour, but because they don't officially break up, the demand is lower. The Dead took a few years off, no one really seems to care. Not really a fan of big crowds any more. But, I guess for the peeps that haven't seen them yet, it's exciting. Don't worry though, I doubt they'll break up for at least another 10 years, so plenty to go around. Then five years later of course there'll be another big "reunion"...whatev. Oh yeah, Ticketmaster sucks, don't give them your money.

EricTW83 Thu 3/19/2009 03:06PM

Thanks Broesau. It only makes sense and it wouldn't be hard to sort the lottery by credit card zip code. Plus, there 9 shows in NY, NJ, PA, MD, and MA, all easily drivable for any northeast heads with the slightest ambition. NC isn't too far away either. We're talking about 4 shows at Red Rocks down the road from me, then the next closest are Alpine and Shoreline, each over 1000 miles away requiring a significant investment of time and resources (Okay i guess Fox theatre is only about 850 miles, a virtual walk around the block from Denver). I am certain many Colorado people are gonna get shut out of Red Rocks while a shit ton of out of east coast people are gonna get tickets. I would make the same argument with Hampton, Asheville, Fox, etc... That shit ain't right. Local people should be getting tickets first.

BIGDOOBIE starstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 03:09PM

BIGDOOBIE

Well i just read that everyone who paid the price last night is getting a $50.00 gift certificate through ticketmaster. so i guess they can show a little remorse after all. (p.s. they will NEVER play in BG or toledo... that is beyond wishful thinking)

rollamcnut Thu 3/19/2009 03:34PM

rollamcnut

Yeah, Our Bad....

MOERON10 Thu 3/19/2009 03:44PM

does anyone know why phish quit playing red rocks?

BRAHnnie_lott Thu 3/19/2009 03:47PM

BRAHnnie_lott

i hear their fanbase isn't strong enough to sell the place out ^

jmt354 starstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 03:50PM

Honest question: what does everyone think is so great about phish? I just don't understand what i'm missing.

Broesau Thu 3/19/2009 03:59PM

4corner,

sho nuff. NM is local. Like eric said, these are the only shows in the RM region, you're in the RM region, i say you're local. Although I've seen phish in NM a few times too.

jmt354,

Phish sucks. You're not missing anything. don't try to buy any tickets, total waste.

BRAHnnie_lott Thu 3/19/2009 03:59PM

BRAHnnie_lott

pronice starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 04:07PM

Limestone August '09 We'll call this one 'Godshit'

shoffer Thu 3/19/2009 04:10PM

Out of curiosity, can someone name a few venues that ticketmaster does not control?

twophargone Thu 3/19/2009 04:11PM

Broesau- You've been cracking me up with your comments trying to steer people away from Red Rocks the past couple days! Dude, if you live hear the best chance for tix is dropping by the LEAST popular ticketmaster in your area. Its worked for me in the past even on the Vegas Halloween run. For instance, Don't go to Boulder to buy your tix, better off in Thornton where few hippies live! I actually live in Morrison and know what a shit show it's gonna be around here that weekend! Guarantee they are banned for another ten years after this one. Another heads up! Be prepared for a ton of arrests. Red Rocks has there own holding cells! I know since I was in one of them for the Trey shows back in the day. Busted smokin' a bowl in the lot! How random is that at Red Rocks where everyone around you is blazing! Of course I had a bag of fungi in my pocket which is what landed me in the holding cell! No charges though and I think that was cuz I'm local. Anyway good luck! Going to Knoxville and Roo but it sure would be nice to see them right down the street at least one night. Worse comes to worse I'm on the hill!

mykey120 Thu 3/19/2009 04:20PM

moeron, they did not stop playing RR b/c they cant sell the place out that is bogus they easily will sell out all four nights. They havent played there in 10+ years b/c of the craziness of the "phans" in morrison who didnt get tickets to the show(~'96) who caused problems and the cops got involved, google phish at red rocks 96 for more details

bob sacamano Thu 3/19/2009 04:22PM

bob sacamano

I,ll be on the hill fo sho if no ticket. been back there and its better than nothing.

isthatyoujerry Thu 3/19/2009 04:24PM

isthatyoujerry

ZZZZ-YAWN,..ya everyones bummed cause now they cant sell there red rocks tickets for a zillion dollars,..i.e. hampton,...what a load of crap,..just a bunch of greedy spoiled brats,..i was there and did not see one tic sold at face value let alone a miracle to some one deserving,..no just a bunch of greed, 500 600 dollars for a tic {right}> i got one for a 115 on sat night....

from a friendand anyone who says im lucky to get a sat nite tic for 115, not face from a friend no less,..just doesnt get it and probably never will- peace/one

twophargone Thu 3/19/2009 04:25PM

My one worry about the hill for this is security. I've sat there for many of shows with no issues but imagine thousands of people on the hill! Could be ugly!

slomojojo Thu 3/19/2009 04:33PM

slomojojo

Ticketbastard should die

torn&treyed Thu 3/19/2009 04:43PM
BRAHnnie_lott Thu 3/19/2009 04:47PM

BRAHnnie_lott

really mykey120? i'm pretty sure no other phish people have ever heard of this before way to go with the late breaking news, i thought simply they have such a small fan base all from the NE. I mean i think last night proved no one is really trying to go to these red rocks shows. phish sell out red rocks haha nice one mykey120 you have me knee slappin' laughin' with that kind of humor.

easy_jim Thu 3/19/2009 04:56PM

easy_jim

All your tickets are belong to LiveTicketNationMaster...

EricTW83 Thu 3/19/2009 05:05PM

@4corner, I agree with you completely. As Broesau said, in this case Red Rocks IS your local show, same with Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, etc. You should get preference over the New Englanders in the lottery who have a slew of shows in within short driving distances from them (and will continue to get many many more shows in their area then we will ever see out west). Now if there was a Santa Fe show as well, I would argue a greater weight of tickets should be given to Coloradans, but obviously that isn't the case. The unfortunate truth is there are enough fans living on the front range alone to sell out Red Rocks in 5 min. Throw in the greater West and it's already gonna be a ticket shit show without every single mo fo on the east wanting come out for the run as well.

glitch Thu 3/19/2009 05:09PM

heh. i say they should have let the error's consequences take affect. not everyone will get tickets anyway, judging by my luck with the other phish sales. i say give the sharp-minded/lucky phans a break.

bwh100 Thu 3/19/2009 05:17PM

bwh100

rothbury goes on sale tommorow

jmt354 Thu 3/19/2009 05:23PM

Where is the communist rock? Surely we need it now more than ever.

phishspread-aholic Thu 3/19/2009 05:27PM

phishspread-aholic

that sucks that that happend. that fluff video was da shiz though. thanks for that.

tjames Thu 3/19/2009 05:28PM

tjames

RELAX

cliftonhanger420 star Thu 3/19/2009 05:30PM

i did see 2 miracles at Hampton so there is a few good people out there. mistakes happen. i agree that ticketmaster is b.s., but not everyone was logged onto tickemaster a week early.

brendan3 starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 06:05PM

what the hell is BG?

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks Thu 3/19/2009 06:57PM

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks

I hope I get lottery tics, but seriously, ther are so many good fests and tours you can see for the same $. Relax, they are going to tour for years to come. 2 nights of WSP @ 10k!!

philhitz Thu 3/19/2009 07:08PM

BG = Bowling Green State U.

wambamsam Thu 3/19/2009 07:11PM

wambamsam

EVERYONE THAT GOT THEIR TICKETS CANCELLED WILL BE ISSUED A "INCONVIENCE" CREDIT FROM TICKETMASTER...

bubbarock starstar Thu 3/19/2009 08:08PM

bubbarock

Can anyone tell me...is it better to fill out the ticket request info for 03/22 deadline...or just wait and try to get tix when they go on sale on 03/26?

Coconut Phil star Thu 3/19/2009 08:37PM

Coconut Phil

Man, ticketmaster really screwed everyone good, like, I'm still sore from the screwing I got trying to get tickets last time. Maybe they will give the mp3's away again. I'm not going to make it to RR, to far west for me. I'm on the east coast. Keep jamming, phuck ticketmaster, and their horses.

BRAHnnie_lott Thu 3/19/2009 08:53PM

BRAHnnie_lott

you should not do either bubbarock

BRAHnnie_lott Thu 3/19/2009 08:54PM

BRAHnnie_lott

i'm sure if you wait til the 30th you will have better chances

Mr_McDankenstein Thu 3/19/2009 10:54PM

Mr_McDankenstein

How about a mass boycott of buying tickets on TM/LN on the day of the sale? I think that's the best idea, let's start organizing it. Who is first?

thadbosetti starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 11:40PM

thadbosetti

Sure, it was a mistake (I also got 2 4 day passes), BUT im gonna go out on a whim and say the 90% of the tickets purchased were by REAL music fans who had full intentions of getting all of their REAL, music loving friends into the shows as well. All I want to do is get down with Phish and share in the groove with all of the amazing colleagues I have been fortunate enough to be come acquainted with over the past decade again, is it really going to be that hard? I wish there was some sort of mail order ticketing like in the past. I wish everyone good luck and hopefully we can all get our fix without too much hassle. I'm 0/2 so far in Phish 3.0 tickets, so, 1/3 is a hell of a lot more probable! Hope everyone has a safe and amazing summer! SO moral of the story? Fuck scalpers, fuck punk bitches who buy extra tix and screw the music lovers out of seeing their favorite band, and fuck TM/LN. This whole ticketing thing is being taken to a whole new level and it, in my opinion, is a shame.

evandw starstarstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 11:44PM

evandw

Get a life you hippies. Big deal. Get over it and buy them when you were supposed to. lol I get to see Phish for free at Bonnaroo for street team. Weeeeeeeeeeee I dont' have to worry about shitty Ticketmasterbater.

adubvu Fri 3/20/2009 05:50AM

adubvu

i heard of phish before.

GeorgieP Fri 3/20/2009 06:11AM

GeorgieP

"jmt354 maybe you should get some chips and a side of tartar sauce to see what you have been missing"

Brahnnie, that was straight poetry right there. Question: Has anyone ever been to the Meadows Music Theater (or whatever the hell it used to be called) in Hartford? If so, what is that venue like?

phish_420 Fri 3/20/2009 06:24AM

phish_420

All I know is I live like 30 minutes away in the mountains, and if my Red Rocks employee friends can't get me tickets for free, I probably won't be there. With that said, Bisco, STS9, and PHISH at the Rocks this summer, shapin up pretty good I would say.

Dnumde Fri 3/20/2009 06:27AM

Dnumde

Meadows in Hartford is sick, or should I say was sick as I haven't been back in 6 years. Great lot scene, and pretty chill security back in the day. We'll see now, I am sure its gotten tighter. The good news is the amount of wooded area around the lots, so do your business there and all should be well..Sorry to all of those who got messed with by TM/LN, but don't let it get you down, the boys are still playin and we the faithful will still be there sharin in the groove.

WhistlingPeanut Fri 3/20/2009 06:28AM

WhistlingPeanut

WOW this created a lot of controversy, also phish doesnt have the systems to sell their tickets themselves, too much traffic for even the biggest ticketing companies in the world, but i do think it is real cool that they gave out 50$$ gift certificates to all the peeps that got screwed

Sixmilliondollarman Fri 3/20/2009 07:29AM

Sixmilliondollarman

Snafu my ass. Ticketbastard sucks shwettyy ballz.

worthlesswampyfool Fri 3/20/2009 08:34AM

worthlesswampyfool

yeah everyone boycott tm-ln. whatever you do DO NOT BUY TICKETS! we'll show em

lovejahlive Fri 3/20/2009 08:45AM

lovejahlive

...After the show, the party continued in the parking area. An endless line of hitchhikers fanned out toward the highway, in the true spirit of Phish, without a plan...

(From a '96 Gazette Telegraph article about the Red Rocks run)

Eco Funk Fri 3/20/2009 09:08AM
delaneyira star Fri 3/20/2009 09:51AM

Im so god damned tired of this ticketing situation. These bands need to take back control of ticket distro. There is no reason why a band that makes zillions of dollars on tour can shell out 10-20grand a year to run its own ticketing operation. With computers and shit these days it probably wouldnt even cost that much to keep ticketing internal. Ticketmaster and livenation are nothing but a bunch of criminals who take advantage of a situation and the bands act like a bunch of lazy asshole by letting them handle it. All of this is at the expense of the consumer. If any of you out there are in contact with any of the big bands out there or if the editors of Jambase are reading this, if the big bands like the dead, phish, panic, mule, ect got together and conspired to sell tickets direct, i think, at least in our scene, we could put ticketmaster out of commission. I think as soon as we set the example, the pussy pop bands would try the same thing and before we knew it ticketmaster wouldnt be able to function as a profitable organization. Who knows, the editors of jambase are probably a bunch of coked out, acid heads with only 3 or 4 braincells between them. I doubt they are intelectually capabale of trying to get something liek that going...

EricTW83 Fri 3/20/2009 10:08AM

^ Ticketmaster has ticketing agreements with most major venues. I am not well versed on the Dead/WSP ticketing systems but from my knowledge you can't really get around these TM/venue contracts.

By way...what the fu*K is up with this Tom Brady ads?? I keep getting confused and think I'm commenting on a GQ message board.

GeorgieP Fri 3/20/2009 10:17AM

GeorgieP

^ See, that's what I said! These goddamn Tom Brady ads are about to send me into a rage blackout.

sk8er4ever0101 starstarstarstarstar Fri 3/20/2009 10:43AM

I can't watch the video. It says it is not available in my country or domain. I live in chicago, IL.....

jerrybird11 Fri 3/20/2009 11:17AM

why are all the shows this spring and summer for the rich and thug assholes selling the most bunk synthetic chemicals?? any band that charges more that 50 dollars for some shit arena where you cant even dance doesn't care about connecting with the crowd.. good for them they sell out MSG or redrocks, or any of the fleet ,wachovia , citi band and bumble bank arenas. who wants to "dance" in a nose bleed seat where you cant even see the band and feel like your going to fall off the seat cliff onto the three point line. support local bands, support local venues, make music, save your money.

emricha2 Fri 3/20/2009 12:56PM

if you knew that somebody was putting in for the lottery only to sell them on eBay, would you turn them in? what about if it's your stepbrother? i'm pretty disgusted by his actions, but not sure how this would go down within the family.....

EricTW83 Fri 3/20/2009 02:20PM

^ After getting shut out of hampton i tried to turn in some craigslist scalpers to phish tickets by forwarding their name and email addresses etc. The response I got was along the lines..."sorry we ain't gonna do shit about it despite our self proclaimed zero tolerance policy even with evidence thrown in our face."

MutilatedLips Fri 3/20/2009 03:31PM

MutilatedLips

I'll probably just do what I do for most RR shows and go to the caves or one of the many other places in the park where you can hear the music loud and clear without paying a dime. If that dont work than I really dont care, Ive seen Phish more times than any other band Ive ever seen. Getting stomped on or knocked down the long ass stairs at redrocks by a bunch of cracked out kids just isnt my idea of a good time anymore.

leftover Fri 3/20/2009 07:15PM

You know, when they used to do the whole mail order bit-- postal money order included with your order--, Scalpers never got tickets, only true fans would bother to do it this way! PHISH, GO BACK TO MAIL ORDER!!!!!!

EVILFUNK starstarstarstarstar Fri 3/20/2009 08:20PM

EVILFUNK

sounds like an inside jobity scalper scamity scam uncoverd accidently by fans ~ i hope we blew it for you by noticing the leaking tix (yup another ticketmaster/livenation conspiracy theorist here - Livenation ~ grill your#2 out there on the range ~this1 REAKS of his work and those of us who know it KNOW IT!!!)(thats right you beaty eyed little worm)

rmfrobbb Fri 3/20/2009 09:24PM

Phish needs to realize that Red Rocks is too small a venue to accomodate all the Phish fans that live in Colorado and the Rocky

Mountain West that would like to attend.

They should take a cue from what other popular jambands do when they play Red Rocks. Panic ALWAYS adds other CO dates for the CO fans who get shut out b/c everyone from around the country tries to get tickets also and make a vacation out of it. Panic will play alternate venues such as Fiddlers Green, Pepsi Center, Winter Park, Jazz Aspen Snowmass, Budweiser Event Center in Loveland, etc.

Hell even DMB realizes the need to play larger venues in CO such as the Mile High Music Fest (20K+), Folsom Field (another "larger" venue), Pepsi Center, etc.

How about Phish adds one night midweek at Fiddler's Green? That would satisfy most area fans. I know it isn't Red Rocks, but they played a great show there before the first hiatus. Great view of the Mountains and sunsets as well!!

MissFluffhead Sat 3/21/2009 06:17AM

MissFluffhead

They should go back to mail order. It was first come first serve with out the hassle of technology getting in the way.

RambleOnShelbyRose Sat 3/21/2009 12:26PM
thelizardkingliveson Sun 3/22/2009 06:42AM

thelizardkingliveson

Anybody willing to trade my 2 pittsburgh for your 2 camden?

torn&treyed Sun 3/22/2009 10:29AM

lol you people want them to go back to paper certified mail order... wouldnt that be bad for the enviorment.......Isn't this comunity supposed to be all about being green. This is what I have been saying about the oxymoronic libs for years.... you want little government and out of your life, but lots of taxation, you want less government control of things, but socialized medicine...... bascially what you al really want is your cake while concurrently eating it.

bob sacamano Sun 3/22/2009 03:58PM

bob sacamano

people seem to be mad at phish becuase of there high amounts of phans, thats just stupid, ha ha im still phishin

LaxHippy Sun 3/22/2009 07:14PM

Ticketmaster, I hate you.

Broesau Mon 3/23/2009 06:25AM

Josh192482

You win the prize for most moronic comment on this thread, for somehow trying to suggest that this an argument about right vs. left. bravo, d-bag. what a tool.

torn&treyed Tue 3/24/2009 04:54AM

lol I'm getting this from a guy who likes Iron maiden..... you're right I had no provocation and it was unwarranted, I just happend to be watching the news while I was reading this and decided to say something, but guess what I can say whatever I want in an open forum... and if you were in front of me I'm betting I still could, 95% chance.

Elkobrd Tue 3/24/2009 01:14PM

fock phish fock ticketbastard, just got my denial email again from phish for merriweather and hartford tix, got focked in the Cambed tix last time, what hope is there for heads to see a show, fock them, i saw them through the late 90's and was in 8th grade with my older brother at Hampton 94 and got a all three days, what the fock, what is this all coming to.

Elkobrd Tue 3/24/2009 01:15PM

I meant Camden, i guess no more phish for real headz

Broesau Tue 3/24/2009 01:34PM

Josh,

#1, Maiden Rocks.

#2, you're right, you can say whatever you want. But guess what? you're still a tool.

Broesau Tue 3/24/2009 02:08PM

SCALPERS WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SELL TICKETS FOR THE OUTRAGEOUS PRICES THEY DO IF PEOPLE REFUSED TO BUY THEM. IF YOU BUY A TICKET AT AN INFLATED PRICE FROM A SCALPER, YOU ARE DOING AS MUCH DAMAGE TO THE PHISH COMMUNITY AS THE SCALPERS. WHO THE FUCK ARE THE TOOLS WHO ARE PAYING THESE PRICES? STOP IT!

maxp0wer5 Tue 3/24/2009 05:25PM

How much do you want for my Red Rocks Ticket?

Broesau Tue 3/24/2009 07:02PM

MaxPower-

YOu're the problem

and I GOT RED ROCKS TICKETS!!!!! FUCK YEAH

phishinpanic Wed 3/25/2009 08:10AM

phishinpanic

^^what do you mean how "much do you want for my red rocks ticket"? hell, i'll take it and you don't even have to pay me.

vtstang66 Wed 3/25/2009 08:49AM

"...and to make sure that all of our fans have the same, fair opportunity to purchase tickets to this event, they have cancelled all of these orders"

Hahaha, translation: "Whew, that was a close one, actual fans almost got to buy some tickets there. Don't worry though scalpers, we took care of it."

maxp0wer5 Wed 3/25/2009 04:39PM

lol just kiddin' i just wanted to see what someone would reply. Ya it's all messed up but if someone wanted to pay $1000.00 for a ticket, I'd sell it in a heart beat, by the way I don't have Red Rock Tickets. The Question is What is Phish worth to you now? What ever happened to the good ol days where I can go to the local grocery store or department store and wait in line for tickets? bring that back.

EricTW83 Wed 3/25/2009 06:29PM

Hell yeah! See you at Red Rocks. Got picked in the lottery! There is a god after all.

Nick1257 Wed 3/25/2009 06:37PM

Nick1257

its really not that bad after all

skoorbalot starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/25/2009 06:52PM

"The high demand for the tickets on Phish's return has overwhelmed the prevailing ticketing systems and revealed their flaws."

--Phoolish Earthlings--

__^^^^%%#$ $#%%^^^^^^__

-<.".>-

) (

/ 0 \

/ / \ \

willydog Thu 3/26/2009 10:05AM

willydog

Nerds on Acid. Yawn.....

mandophine Thu 3/26/2009 02:12PM

mandophine

snafu! what a word!

Broesau Thu 3/26/2009 03:46PM

Won two lotto order on tuesday. Then got another four-day pass from TM this morning. Yeah.

NancyT Thu 3/26/2009 04:18PM

Who are the promoters of Phish? They have done a terrible job-along with Ticketmaster, alienating fans that wanted to go to Red Rocks.

nuke_ticketbastard star Fri 3/27/2009 08:09AM

FUCK TICKETBASTARD

used to be so easy to get tickets , never got shut out for tix pre-coventry .... they really need to go back to mail order.....

skunkape Fri 3/27/2009 08:19AM

Ticketmaster is a great company... FOR ME TO POOP ON!

drow229 starstarstarstar Fri 3/27/2009 08:23AM

hey guys, anyone interested in a darien lake ticket for an alpine ticket? let me know..

mcbacuma Fri 3/27/2009 04:30PM

mcbacuma

Got completely screwed out of Gorge tix today. Super bummed out. Just ruined my weekend. F scalpers! Anyone who has extras, I will gladly pay face +.

hoover420 star Fri 4/3/2009 12:30PM

NERDS on acid.... I agree. PHISH sucks! It doesn't matter who you get your tickets from, you are still paying way too much