Rothbury: Dead, Dylan, Cheese

Rothbury 2009 Lineup

ROTHBURY, last year's break-out festival hit, returns to the Double JJ Ranch in Rothbury, Michigan on July 2-5, 2009.

Rothbury 08 by Dave Vann
STS9 Live PA
The Glitch Mob
Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam
Pretty Lights
Moseley, Law, Sipe & Droll
Rebelution
Quannum All Stars ft. Lyrics Born, The Mighty Underdogs, Gift of Gab & Lifesavas
Toubab Krewe
Steppin' In It
Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad
Chris Pierce
Rachel Goodrich
The Ragbirds
Four Finger Five

More artists to be announced...

General tickets on sale - Friday, March 20 at 12:00 noon EDT rothburyfestival.com/tickets

Building on the outstanding success of its inaugural year, ROTHBURY once again harnesses the unique 21st century American festival spirit to create an event unlike any other. With music at its core, ROTHBURY continues its mission to create a state-of-the-art large scale sustainable event and to organize and nurture community involvement that makes a difference. ROTHBURY is a huge party with a purpose.

ROTHBURY's bold social and environmental mission continues to manifest in 2009, building on last year's topic of Climate Change and Clean Energy Solutions. Within the festival, look for expanded ROTHBURY Think Tank activities and even more cutting-edge festival implementation of ever-changing technologies in the quest for energy independence. Beyond the festival, via innovative community projects and local partnerships, ROTHBURY 09 offers increased involvement opportunities to make a positive impact locally, nationally, and globally.

As ROTHBURY Producer Jeremy Stein explains, "ROTHBURY is proud to host a community of conscious and involved fans who strive for a better future. We're also extremely grateful for the support of our local neighbors and the greater Michigan community. Together - we're raising the bar."

Indeed, such unparalleled community support and involvement led to huge successes for ROTHBURY's 2008 philanthropic programs and on-site environmental festival initiatives. Such initiatives included ROTHBURY's Music in Schools Program, ROTHBURY's Solar Schools Program, the ROTHBURY Food Drive and The Conscious Alliance Can Sculpture, and ROTHBURY's Greening and Sustainability Initiatives.

[Published on: 3/15/09]

Comments

malkin99 Sun 3/15/2009 10:56PM

looks like i'll be at the ranch for another 4th of july

Jukebox Hero Sun 3/15/2009 10:58PM
Jukebox Hero Sun 3/15/2009 10:59PM
buckeyedye Sun 3/15/2009 11:01PM
2gr8ful Sun 3/15/2009 11:09PM

yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooo, great lineup, little early 4 cheese reunion, electronic scene will be intense again this year

rbubriski Sun 3/15/2009 11:10PM

rbubriski

Really sick lineup, really expensive ticket

504020 starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/15/2009 11:12PM

Finally! Last year was amazing. This will be absolutely phenomenal!

mattchu Sun 3/15/2009 11:13PM

mattchu

idk id sayyyy its fairly unique... Some quality hip hop (not that its really my thing but theres deeper hip hop than j5 or the roots) yes string cheese and string cheese getting the headlining spot at a major fest (not every day) ya got several reggae bands, (festivals find it difficult to schedule more than one reggae band it seems, but toots rebolution and giant panda, all quality stuff (add groundation, jbb and were all set))

chux7487 Sun 3/15/2009 11:14PM

chux7487

its not really that expensive, bonnaroo is about the same are price and are you serious the festival gods have answered with teh DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!woooohoooooooooooo!1!!1 do yall realize how dopw JR Gong and Nas are going to be, that is going to be something you will not forget evern if u dont like that kind of stuff!!1 see you guys @ ROTH!!!!!!!!!!!

mattchu Sun 3/15/2009 11:17PM

mattchu

...i continue... Flogging molly, theres an alternative band that you can still boogie down with that ya dont see too often, I meen fuck we may have the chance to see dylan on stage with the dead, thats pretty unique there ya?

Seems like some quality actS in the afro beat scene. Not so rare to see one but 3 or more is pretty solid... Anyway i feel its deffintly distinguishable from the rest even without the ole' timers...

crescentvale starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/15/2009 11:18PM

crescentvale

Have fun!

fishbone1 starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/15/2009 11:19PM

fishbone1

guster?

TheACDCBag starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/15/2009 11:20PM

AMAZING Lineup! the only thing that could be exceptible without

mountainmannickt starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/15/2009 11:21PM

omg SOOOO SICK

helloskinny starstarstarstar Sun 3/15/2009 11:22PM

this whole fest is gonna be insane mereley because you have the dead, bringing what the dead always brings and combining that with the following that cheese has, this is gonna be nuckin futs.

rebubula0220 Sun 3/15/2009 11:26PM
mattchu Sun 3/15/2009 11:35PM

mattchu

and for the folks ready to rip on dylan as part of the line up, get real...

No his performance isnt anything too good, its fucking dylan. And if nothing else, he'll help the other bands be reminded to cover his songs during their sets. Anyway dylan belongs just about anywhere he gets invited

tamser4035 Sun 3/15/2009 11:39PM

Holy Shnikies! I have to change my flight from TN to Chicago! Good thing I waited on buying the tickets....

In a Big Country Sun 3/15/2009 11:42PM

In a Big Country

Gimmme some cheese !!!!!

ericrates starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/15/2009 11:47PM

So, .... Did I miss something?!?! When did the Cheese get back together? Am I Dreaming? I know I haven't read all the posts, so wassup? If this is true, I'm Stoked! Not to mention the rest of the line-up. Holy Crap!!!

TrippCheesy Sun 3/15/2009 11:48PM

TrippCheesy

CHEESE

nmack05 Mon 3/16/2009 12:18AM

How much are tickets?

BIGDOOBIE starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 12:27AM

BIGDOOBIE

All I can i say is FINALLY!!! It took a while but was definetely worth the wait. Amazing headliners, legends like the toots/willie/bob/dead, festy favs sts9/ymsb/les/biscuits/soulive. I'm blown away and there is still more to come. Can't wait for another 4th of July in MICH.

Umphomey Mon 3/16/2009 12:45AM
brucebruce333 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 12:46AM

WoW, bring on The Glitch Mob and Shpongle, are you kidding me! this is gonna be another crazy 4th of July on the ranch. I still have my wristband from last year on, summer couldn't come any sooner. Shocking to see the Cheese though, I thought there first shows back would be at Horning's because frankly thats what should be happening.

BIGDOOBIE starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 12:48AM

BIGDOOBIE

By the way. Congrats on gettin' the info to the public on time for once JamBase. Keep it up.

Detroit Funk starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 12:59AM

Detroit Funk

fuck yes. having this 3 hours away is amazing.

funkedup Mon 3/16/2009 01:18AM

funkedup

^^ nmack... too much

looks like a solid lineup but i unfortunately wont be making it back this year. jacked up ticket prices and me literally JUST getting back from australia a week before is gonna prevent me from going. last year was the shit and i hope every going this year has an awesome time

skarz Mon 3/16/2009 01:22AM

great electronic scene to go with these old school headliners. cant wait for cheese and the dead. but the late night shows are going to be out of control...sts9, shpongle, glitch mob, mstrkrft, eoto...wish the thievery corp, bassnectar sets were coming back this year but still once again the best summer fest line up out there

adventuresinperception starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 01:44AM

adventuresinperception

this looks rad. headiest headliners ever.

and PS- if anybody on here rips on dylan Im gonna get real fucking pissed

angelsfear starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 03:05AM

angelsfear

this will be unreal! thank you rothbury!

shaven_by_day starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 03:21AM

shaven_by_day

The Dead were beginning to become expected....I mean, we've been waited for an awfully long time....

STRING CHEESE IS BACK!!!!

Bar Bluten Kat starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 03:27AM

Bar Bluten Kat

brucebruce I have my wristband from last year on still too, and with this ill lineup (CHEESE CHEESE CHEESE) there will be a 2009 one joining it! btw, at string cheeses first show in two years I mean keller williams pretty much has to be there right? I found it surprising to see droll, mosely, and sipe all playing together, but no keller to speak of yet... maybe theyll surprise us with a late addition of some keller, and since rothbury has made one dream come true in the dead, maybe another one in some keller williams incident is on the way...?

phumphish_the_genious Mon 3/16/2009 04:07AM

phumphish_the_genious

What gets me most about this lineup is the diversity. Once again there's good quality hip hop, jam bands and electronica. CHEESE back together, NAS as a headliner spot is huge, STS9 and BISCO to destroy two late night spots, chromeo, mstrkrft, shpongle to keep us moving, and THE DEAD... well, that just goes without saying, The DEAD!!!!! Going to be another great 4th of July weekend lets rage!

SCIcane starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 04:27AM

wonder if cheese is going to be like salmon and just play a handful of shows a year, or really come back? don't have the money, but I am going anyway. plus, now I get to see the dead for cheaper than the solo tour because all the other bands here

BBFCFM515 Mon 3/16/2009 04:43AM

BBFCFM515

it's about time they announce this shit

bow3599 Mon 3/16/2009 04:49AM

bow3599

great lineup, but michigan is sooo far, too broke to go that far

PoisonOrchid starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 04:54AM

PoisonOrchid

All I imagined and more, I was bankin on either dead or cheese but both!! with the Crowes and Nas and noone mentioned my girl Ani Di fuckin Franco bein on there I mean jesus!!! And did you see the GIFT of GAB with Lyrics Born this jam is the best of the year next to Phish tour and luckily I am gonna go on a 2 week trek from there to Allgood oh yes oh yes

kstaggs starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 05:03AM

HEllllllllllllllssssssss yeaaaaa!! I'll be there!!! Hope Willie gets the 4:20 slot on the 4th!!!

ROTHBURY to All GOOD!!!

triad1 Mon 3/16/2009 05:05AM
msudtg Mon 3/16/2009 05:11AM

msudtg

Not as good as last years lineup... although it is pretty stellar....but Bob Dylan headlining with willie nelson? That is kinda boring to be honest, I dig both of these legends and I would want to see them... but the Dead is where its at.... I'll go if the Dead headline at least 3 nights, if not, I will pass on the $300 ticket and go to 10klf this year, which to me, looks better...

JoJoBinx Mon 3/16/2009 05:12AM
karrvingwaves starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 05:23AM

karrvingwaves

see you boys in Michigan. This fest falls on my birthday. String cheese reunion on my bday would be nuts. cant wait

waxtrax Mon 3/16/2009 05:26AM
hippiedaze Mon 3/16/2009 05:45AM

its about goddamn time, i mean i was goin regardless, but this was so nice to wake up to,nothin to do but smile smile smile, see yall in my back yard!

bigfro Mon 3/16/2009 05:46AM

bigfro

AWESOME!!!

I'm dong 2 Phish in Alpine staying in Chicago for a week and camping my way to Michigan. Check out south Manitou Island of the coast of Michigan

GotBanjo Mon 3/16/2009 05:58AM

GotBanjo

Damn what a lineup cheese reunion are you kidding? maybe this will mean there will be a dead summer tour as well. Can't wait for this!!!

Zarathrusta Mon 3/16/2009 06:09AM

Zarathrusta

Overall this lineup is better than Bonnaroo. Except, considering the fact that Phish is playing TWO! shows at the Roo, I know where I'll be.

Dr. Funkenstein Mon 3/16/2009 06:18AM

Dr. Funkenstein

nice lineup. as bonnaroo continues to push the boundaries of what their festival can be, booking increasingly more and more indie and art rock bands - the ones really changing the face of modern music - rothbury hits another demographic by putting together tons of really legit old schoolers and hippie favorites. it's nice to see that there's room for both.

but having said that, i'll be at 'roo ;)

utkochster Mon 3/16/2009 06:22AM

utkochster

My predictions....ABB will be added. Thought Phish would make it back as a whole but I guess not. Im sure glad i bought an early bird! Rothbury is going to be the best 4th of July year after year. Roth better than b-roo, will only get better and is on a better weekend. Cant wait for some more SHERWOOD FOREST!!!!!

utkochster Mon 3/16/2009 06:23AM

utkochster

I will be at Roth and Roo!

gamecat starstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 06:29AM

gamecat

Femi Kuti & The Positive Force, King Sunny Adé & His African Beats!!??

Wow, pulling in some great world music.

With additions thos is gonna be one great fest.

Dylan is gonna be great, hopefully he plays with The Dead as well.

panic111 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 06:37AM

panic111

I can't believe this shit!!!!! They sure surprised me with this lineup. This is gonna be a true experience once again!!!! thanks Rothbury

cUB_nAsTY starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 06:41AM

cUB_nAsTY

AW man i wish i didnt already buy my ticket to wakarusa. Cheese and Dead hot damn. HOw awesome would that be if DEAD/CHEESE/DYLAN jammed.

"THE DEAD DYLAN INCIDENT" it has a real nice ring to it

Coconut Phil starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 06:42AM

Coconut Phil

This is a great line up, Bob Dylan and the Dead at the same venue is worth it alone. Glad to see Cheese will play too. Not sure why so many fans want to criticize this band? I like Cheese, and a lot of other bands too, there are a lot I don't really care for, but will refrain from negative comments, I'm sure a lot of you do dig it. I'm really struck by the negativity of some of these post. Be glad you live in America and are free, what more could you want? Keep jamming.

albeck starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 06:43AM

albeck

Not only is this lineup more than I could ask for (a beautiful blend of music genres) but JJ Ranch is an ideal festival location. In short, go to this festival!

Zarathrusta Mon 3/16/2009 06:48AM

Zarathrusta

I know both Willie and Bob D. are legends but after all this time and hype, how exciting is it really? If your not a Cheese fan, which I know a lot of us aren't (and for good reason) and your not big on the electronica-jam stuff. All that is left is The Dead and some top quality bluegrass and Hip Hop.

Lakai Mon 3/16/2009 06:48AM

Lakai

great line up, but LOL at people pumped to see Dylan, I mean I love the guy but don't get your hopes. If anyone has seen him recently you know what I mean.

GeorgieP Mon 3/16/2009 07:08AM

GeorgieP

Oh Lord, Cheese?! Please gimme some Red Rocks dates, boys.

lemak91 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 07:10AM

lemak91

HELLL YEAAAA!!!!! SHERWOOD HERE I COME!!!! good thing i bought my early bird ticket ;-)

chidodger Mon 3/16/2009 07:13AM

chidodger

I LOVE THIS LINE-UP!!!!!!! I'm also thinking Dylan is going to play before the Dead, so now I'm curious to see who the other big headliner will be. The late night this year will be SICK!!!!!! As for no Phish (so far), don't forget, they didn't announce Trey last year (as well as a few other killer acts) until about a month before the festival, but hey, even if they don't get added, I still love this line-up.

msudtg Mon 3/16/2009 07:18AM

msudtg

I bet there will be some big name additions.... Rothbury last year was a ton of fun and I think everyone should go... but for me, this line-up just isn't enough for me to try to take that time off of work and spend like $1000 to get there and food and everything... but I think if it works for you, absolutely do it!

mfgoof Mon 3/16/2009 07:18AM

Quit bashing Dylan. Dude is old and doesn't have the pipes anymore. You can't deny his influence on so many other bands, let alone a whole generation of music fans, and I'm sure his band will be top notch as always. It's his band that you go to see these days because they're smoking. Hence, Bob Dylan has been touring under the moniker "Bob Dylan and His Band" for awhile now.

Brooklynn starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 07:21AM

Brooklynn

this will be awesome. time to save the pennies!!!

hobojo Mon 3/16/2009 07:38AM

The headliners are the best across the board of any festival this year. The rest of the lineup I'm not 100% sold on. I think they did a great job of getting a diverse mix of bands, but it just didn't hit my specific tastes. Not a big Black Crowes fan. Not a big jamtronic fan. The headliners would be enough to get me there, but $300 is a bit steep. Yeah Bonnaroo is almost that much, but I'm not going to Bonnaroo either (and they have Phish). I love String Cheese, but it is kinda like hey we couldn't get a reunited Phish so here is a reunited SCI, for those that didn't know they didn't tour last year. I guess that means they were never going to play together ever again. The question should be is Nershi going to play with them.

Buggtape Mon 3/16/2009 07:44AM

Buggtape

so rothbury's site crashed?

haleygd starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 07:50AM

haleygd

life is good again

bettt starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 07:54AM
MostlyDead starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 07:56AM

MostlyDead

big initial lineup... i wonder what madhouse is paying for queso

ao1 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 07:59AM

ao1

The Dead, Bob Dylan, STRING CHEESE!!!!! Sts9, Yonder, Les Claypool, Ani, Railroad Earth, Peter Rowan and TONY RICE, EOTO, Lotus, and Kyle Hollingsworth................YESSSS YES YES YES YES YES YES YES......FUCKIN ALLL I WANT.......could not ask for more.....last year was amazing........damn now its just the brutal wait till july

phishspread-aholic starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 07:59AM

phishspread-aholic

damn, i dont know how i could pass this one up......CHEESE!!! WAHOOOO!!!! 2009 has been awesome and is only getting better!!!!!!

louie1827 Mon 3/16/2009 08:00AM

I'm seriously freakin out here waitin for some official news on SCI. Is billy on board for this? will there be more shows? a rothbury SCI reunion will be sweet but its not what I was hoping for... (hornings, zoe, redrocks, terra alta) It really seems like this was just some of the agents at madison house convincing cheese to do this show, smart from that perspective though as i am 10x mores likely to make the journey for this. I would really really rather see cheese at a cheese fest with the best scene around rather that at ginormous kinda corporate rothbury. Just hoping for some more cheese dates right now, please?

DAMONCORY starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 08:01AM

DAMONCORY

Great lineup! bettt = that might be the most ignorant shit I have ever seen on these boards & thats saying alot. Wishing musical legends were dead?. come on!

zachn00b starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 08:07AM

zachn00b

FUCKING CHEESE REUNION BABY!!!!!!!!!! about to have ourselves an incident...looks like rothbury is the calling of the heady tribes...michigan is about to be flooded with some great lucy and mali!

louie1827 Mon 3/16/2009 08:09AM

SCI myspace says it will be only gig in 2009, bummer and it really makes me wonder...

Elemley Mon 3/16/2009 08:11AM

wow. wow. i cant believe they pulled it off again

RainbowSerpent Mon 3/16/2009 08:15AM

RainbowSerpent

It is just awesome to see that summer '09 will have the three most important bands in the scene re-uniting, even if for SCI it is only one show.

JAMBOE Mon 3/16/2009 08:19AM

JAMBOE

Hey Bettt, Ur just straight up evil.

ClaysTribe starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 08:22AM

ClaysTribe

dammmmmmmmnnnn, looks like one big get down

Deadphishbiscuits Mon 3/16/2009 08:26AM

Deadphishbiscuits

looks like a humdinger if i've ever seen one

kfkman27 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 08:27AM

thank god for this fest! i missed cheese in chicago the last time they where here and never forgave my self but now i can because they are gunna be at ROTHBURY! and dylan is my man and of course the dead. even all the others are amazing...rothbury round 2 for me...thanks rothbury

ROTHBURY BOUND!!!!

bettt Mon 3/16/2009 08:27AM

I HOPE U GUYS HAVE A REALLY FUN ENERGETIC TIME WATCHING BOB, AND THE DEAD PEACE AND LOVE BRO

jerrybird11 Mon 3/16/2009 08:32AM

how much are tickets ???

chummer420 Mon 3/16/2009 08:33AM

chummer420

Sick Sick sick.....now just make sure the Crowes get a time slot after the sun has gone down. my suggestion thursday night headliner (like mickey hart's spot last year) or better yet late night after cheese headlines....if that happens Ill need to change my pants!

GratefulRd Mon 3/16/2009 08:33AM

all should wait to hear about the cheese tour before n after roth! i wouldn't be surprised, as my sources have told me, to see em open at hornings...anyway, UNREAL lineup...dead, sci, sts9, pnuma, shpongle, biscuits, tmsb, rre?? festival of the year, yet again!

gregboyer Mon 3/16/2009 08:33AM

Bettt-you wish they were all dead just because you're too much of a dumbass to appreciate music legends. Fuck you, I wish you were dead, asshole.

whodoyoudo Mon 3/16/2009 08:34AM
BRabbit Mon 3/16/2009 08:34AM
snausages Mon 3/16/2009 08:39AM

snausages

see you there :)

ScIFreak Mon 3/16/2009 08:39AM
PWA Mon 3/16/2009 08:45AM
DrEricFautstein starstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 08:48AM

DrEricFautstein

GLITCH MOB is Blowin Up!!! Everyone will come back raving about these guys (all 4 members of the Glitch Mob is not to be missed)...

+ Femi Kuti, Toubab Krewe, SCI, not bad....but not as good as last year (in my opinion)....however, this is still the best fest of the larger ones...

on the negative aspect, there sure is a lot of bands that suck on this lineup...

acomma Mon 3/16/2009 08:51AM

acomma

SCI's ONLY date for 2009?? Seems fishy to me... I don't think their hearts will be in it. But one Cheese show is better than no Cheese show!

joda2 star Mon 3/16/2009 08:53AM

Ticket price please?

ritter104 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 08:56AM
stealin Mon 3/16/2009 08:56AM
stealin Mon 3/16/2009 08:57AM

Can you say Green Washing

bettt Mon 3/16/2009 08:59AM

IM GLAD PEOPLE CAN ENJOY LIFE AND PROSPER ON TO INFINITY THANK YOU ALL JAMBASE FRIENDS I KNEW U GUYS WERE THE BEST GOD SPEED

phumphish_the_genious starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 08:59AM

phumphish_the_genious

To all you naysayers... fuck that noise. The hip hop selection at this festival is absolutely stellar. When nas feels like putting on a good show, its epic. Saw him at rock the bells last year and it blew me away. And yes, dylan is old, but seeing him at a festival with the remaining members of the grateful dead and Willie Nelson? There's something seriously special about that. Top that all of with String Cheese, another STS9 late night, biscuits, MORE BANDS TO COME and Sherwood forest? This festival pushes boundaries once again. The Electronic seen here will be better than anywhere else in North America.

ROLLOVER BITCHES Ill see you there

DrEricFautstein Mon 3/16/2009 08:59AM

DrEricFautstein

Oh and where is all the jazzy/funky groove bands??? Garage a Trois, Charlie Hunter, JFJO, Dead Kenny G's, no Skerik or Mike Dillon? Greyboy Allstars, Karl Denson, Robert Walter's 20th Congress, Steve Kimock...cmon you cant have a quality fest without one or two of these bands...

AlienFunk starstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 09:01AM

Dank!! Can't wait. This summers gonna rage

shackca starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 09:04AM

shackca

Brilliant lineup, but where is Panic? Panic hitting any fests this summer?

stealin Mon 3/16/2009 09:06AM
BRabbit Mon 3/16/2009 09:08AM
finkle Mon 3/16/2009 09:15AM

HAHAHAHAH.....this is great. So where is umpoop mcquief????? They have officially been assassinated and don't stand a chance (the people hating are all umpoopers and know they shortlived run is dead so theyre trying to rain on our parade.HAHAHAHAHAHAH). True its sad panic isnt here but theyll pop up somewhere. I highly doubt the phish will come in and just poop on these headliners...that would be pretty rude since they are already good.

huntizzy Mon 3/16/2009 09:16AM

bnaylor your dumb as hell dude rothbury is going to be that heat and everyone knows it. it will be a loss for you not to go fuckin soulive, tribe,and cheese and eoto your missing the time of your life bra but where is panic man shit that would just top this festival off o and shacka they are playin 2 nights at 10klf see all you there

stealin Mon 3/16/2009 09:17AM
stealin Mon 3/16/2009 09:19AM
silent9bass starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 09:21AM

silent9bass

CAAAARRRRLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

Killer Lineup! A little bit of everything and just the right amount of jam bands. This should be just as good (with a few clutch late additions, dare I say better?) than last year!

squamagram starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 09:22AM

squamagram

theres gonna be a secret sts9 pa set in the woods, fiiiiiiiiiiiind it

adubvu Mon 3/16/2009 09:24AM

adubvu

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE

itrainmonkeys Mon 3/16/2009 09:25AM

ritter says "the vibes are about 75 percent better that bonnaroo"

I'd like to know what math you did to figure that one out?

gmoo Mon 3/16/2009 09:25AM

gmoo

Naylor there are a lot of good acts here. Don't be a jerk.

gmoo Mon 3/16/2009 09:26AM

gmoo

Are you shpongled?

huntizzy Mon 3/16/2009 09:26AM

o ok your a cool ass stealin i really don't give a fuck if you don't go not my problem kind of sorry your not but not forreal

bettt Mon 3/16/2009 09:29AM
CheesyPhishBiscuits starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 09:29AM

wow. maybe i shouldn't have bought my bonnaroo ticket, this looks unbelievable.

stealin Mon 3/16/2009 09:31AM

slap slap. go ahead and support these vampire promoters

stealin Mon 3/16/2009 09:32AM
BRabbit Mon 3/16/2009 09:33AM
bettt Mon 3/16/2009 09:36AM
lovemusical Mon 3/16/2009 09:41AM

Very impressive. Very balanced lineup. Dylan and the Dead? Their first time around left alot to be desired. Maybe a collaboration at the Roth would make up for it? Well, maybe not. Sick lineup though. People will have a blast.

stealin Mon 3/16/2009 09:42AM

In the current fashion set the pace....

bettt Mon 3/16/2009 09:43AM
danimal2 Mon 3/16/2009 09:44AM
shechter.g starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 09:44AM

shechter.g

HOLY SHINANIGANS! Dead! String Cheese! Dylan (Someone I gotta see before he dies lol) and so much good electronica! Shpongle! STS9 (2 sets no less to anyone was was at the STS9 show last time around knows this is gonna be nutz) Bisco! Lotus! Glitch Mob Pretty Lights the list just keeps going!!!!!!!!

stealin Mon 3/16/2009 09:46AM
ritter104 Mon 3/16/2009 09:50AM

ritter104

bnaylor if you really think that theres no good music at this fest and its all party shit why dont you read the beginning of the line up again your just negative dude yo know rothbury was fire last year end of story. its gonna be fire this year the dead, dylan,cheese willie nelson.... i know you dont like cheese but you should listen to the kyle hollingsworth band, and the shit that eoto doesu is way doper than a dj... they are very talented when they were in cheese they were one of the best percussion duos in a jamband we have ever seen... and why do you think that all i like is computers tribe and bisco. very wrong buddie this head is stuck on some panic pretty hard. i know where your comin from though gettin tired of electronic shit. but the shit is still pretty fire and you know those bands are good. theres always gonna be someone who hates on every festival.

solidrock Mon 3/16/2009 09:50AM

solidrock

Headliners:

Roth - The Dead, Dylan, SCI, Willie

'Roo - Phish(2shows), Bruce, Beastie Boys

10k - WSP(2shows), Wilco, DMB

Do you want nostalgia or relevancy?

Deadphans starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 09:56AM

Deadphans

This reminds me of what Bonnaroo used to be. Remember 02, and the early years. Roth is sick! Too bad my internship starts a week before, well...thats alright. Im headed to Wakarusa and a 2 week road trip out west. Gonna be diesel! Fest season is upon us! *crosses fingers for cheese to be added to waka*

ImSetFree Mon 3/16/2009 09:58AM

ImSetFree

roo or roth is a tough decision. i feel like the weather will be more tolerable at roth

GeorgieP Mon 3/16/2009 10:00AM

GeorgieP

I'm dying to know what this Damian Marley and Nas thing is all about. Whatever it is they're planning, I'm sure it's gonna be nuts.

PhishBohl128 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 10:02AM

PhishBohl128

daaaaaamn, i wish there was a festival department store so i could go in and exchange my roo ticket for a rothbury one

CHEESE IS BACK

mrcaldwell Mon 3/16/2009 10:08AM
squamagram Mon 3/16/2009 10:34AM

squamagram

so these two cannibales were eating this clown, and one turns to the other and says, "does this taste funny to you?"

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 10:38AM

HoodooVoodoo

BluntsandBisco was actually right. Phish is listed as playing Shoreline on August 5th on the livenation website. West Coast Love!!! (Finally)

SpreadRed87 Mon 3/16/2009 10:42AM

SpreadRed87

now thats what im talking about

OBPhunkE Mon 3/16/2009 10:46AM

OBPhunkE

WHOO! CARL!?!? This is where it's at! We all knew the lineup would be stellar. this surpasses expectations! However, where's the funk!? We could use some Karl D, Galactic, NMA, or New Mastersounds added to this! Hollingsworths band is the only funk on this list that I see at first glance. We want more funk!

salasus Mon 3/16/2009 10:47AM

i cant believe those guys are rompin around without Keller.

noreika823 Mon 3/16/2009 10:47AM

that sounds so good

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 10:49AM

HoodooVoodoo

Wow... Livenation already took the link down. It was there a few minutes ago...seriously.

HoodooVoodoo Mon 3/16/2009 10:50AM
BIGDOOBIE starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 10:50AM

BIGDOOBIE

Yo bnaylor. I'd rather be a "custy" festival goer(supporter) than some buttplugged douchebag. Personally I don't mind that your not willing to drive the two hours to get to roth. Just one less hater on the grounds. BVGK in da house!

funkvibes Mon 3/16/2009 10:52AM

if u want the funk man see soulive maybe u missed it but they are funk check em out if u dont know em

BIGDOOBIE starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 10:55AM

BIGDOOBIE

... Definetely agree with OBPhunkE, hit me with some Karl Denson (in any form) and please bring back steel pulse to complete this lineup. That would make my day.

allthink Mon 3/16/2009 11:00AM

allthink

Someone please slap the sense outta me...All I wanna do is go but no Money and High Sierra right up the road...they got Umphrey's, I really wanted Roth to have them.

stealin Mon 3/16/2009 11:00AM

steel pulse??? paleez! rothbury= environmental degradation

stealin Mon 3/16/2009 11:01AM
mmcewen starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 11:10AM

mmcewen

another dope ass electronic lineup. cheeese for sure! being only 20 minutes away how could i not hit this shiit up.

Four Finger Five (Muskegon,MI Represent!!)

BIGDOOBIE starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 11:13AM

BIGDOOBIE

stealin=environmental degradation

JAMalot08 Mon 3/16/2009 11:17AM

JAMalot08

this is going to be the best birthday everrrrrr!!!!!

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 11:21AM

HoodooVoodoo

Glidemagazine confirms what I posted previously. Livenation took the links down though.

tamser4035 Mon 3/16/2009 11:21AM

I really wanted to see David Byrne. I can't decide. For all of those who don't already have bonnaroo tickets or live in Michigan, which festi would you go too? I am not a huge Phish fan, but I have never gotten a chance to see them. I have definitely seen my share of SCI, but it is so tempting to stick to my guns. I would rather see the Dead than the Boss. I am stressed!

jambeatnik Mon 3/16/2009 11:31AM

jambeatnik

Great lineup... I'd like to see Allman Bros, Moe., Galactic, Widespread Panic, Black Keys, Primus, and most of all The Mars Volta added... However, I know that's wishful thinking... I really would be happy if a couple of them were added though, it would strengthen an already stellar lineup

hnkscrpio starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 11:34AM

hnkscrpio

Wow I think Bnaylor lost all credibility when he said Nas blows and the Beastie Boys are real hip hop. Don't get me wrong, I like the Beastie Boys, but Nas has a lot more substance to his lyrics, that's for sure. Why don't you get a job and not spend your whole monday morning ripping on this amazing lineup. If you think you can put a better one together why don't you become a promoter yourself? I am so glad a negative loser like yourself will not be at this festival. You're the one who doesn't sound like a music lover, you sound like a whiny little nerd who likes to talk trash on message boards to make your pathetic life worthwhile. See all my cool peeps at Rothbury, this is one for the books.

bob sacamano starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 11:37AM

bob sacamano

all i can say is CCCCCCCCHHHHHEEEEEEEEEESSSSEEE been waiting 2 years since red rocks for that great feeling, they hafta tour after this fest. it wouldnt seem right. any one agree?

shinjuku starstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 11:39AM

shinjuku

cool, but seriously, why does this cost $300??

apollo18 Mon 3/16/2009 11:43AM

I'm still going to High Sierra...much better scene, way more intimate.

Have fun, wherever you are on the weekend of the 4th...

....that's why they make chocolate AND vanilla....

...and I hope Roth's main stage has an elevator or a nice, gradually-inclined ramp, or those headliners are gonna need some help!

discocham starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 11:46AM

discocham

Its on like donkey kong. Glad I got the early birds. Some great bands on this lineup...great headliners(i like Bob but wish he wasnt a headliner but his newest album 'modern times" is great). Great bluegrass. Great electronica. Great reggae. Great hip hop(can't wait to check out kid cudi).

All located of the best festival grounds I have seen(new Waka site looks cool). Toss in one kick as fireworks show and cooler weather and its worth a 12hr drive to me...and I live 30 min from Roo.

Zarathrusta Mon 3/16/2009 11:50AM

Zarathrusta

I have no idea why this costs $300 but the fact that SCI is involved is no surprise. I heard Fishman was once quoted to have called SCI the Star-bucks of the Jam scene. I can't help but be negative towards them, I thought there were gone now they pop up for this bull-shit one time summer appearance and all these kids are begging for more. Sorry but I've always found them boring and very derivative. (I also feel the same way about Umph)

chidodger Mon 3/16/2009 11:52AM

chidodger

Beastie Boys were great........15 years ago. I mean, really, your talking about 3 old men in thier late 40's rapping. Take Phish out of the Roo line-up, and it's really not too great, a few good acts, but more or less the same shit as last year. This Rothbury Line-up is already the best festival announcement so far this year, and they still have acts to add! If your gonna hate on Rothbury, then please don't attend (i'm doing the same for Bonnaroo, minus Phish, I think the Roo lineup sucks, so I won't be there). BURY BURY BURY!!!!!!!!!

allthink Mon 3/16/2009 11:54AM

allthink

I completely understand and I often defend the justification of $300 for a ticket b/c it boils down to $15 a show for amazing sets...but now that we are nose deep in a depression and I am outta a job...tickets should remain $229 (early bird). If things were different...!

jamlee Mon 3/16/2009 11:57AM

Decent lineup but for the price I'd rather go to ANY other festival for about $100 less and see maybe all but one or two of those bands. Cheese will be awesome, however I think Rothbury gives themselves too much credit and thinks that they are a better festival then they are. The only other festival that has tickets close to this price is bonnaroo (which I will never go to now). If I was going to spend this much money on a ticket I would've been at Hampton last week!

SCI123 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 12:04PM
neverstopthemusic Mon 3/16/2009 12:08PM

Bring back Thievery Corporation, Bassnectar and The Crystal Method and Rothbury will be perfect. What happened to Neil Young though, get Bob Dylan out of there and bring in Neil Young

neverstopthemusic Mon 3/16/2009 12:16PM

Get some Umphrey's McGee, Moe., Perpetual Groove, Particle and Rx Bandits too. This lineup is by far better then any other lineup out there, so diverse, and bonnaroo only has phish and moe otherwise its boring as hell, im going to Phish at Alpine and then goin to Michigan for Rothbury, best summer ever.

shaberkorn Mon 3/16/2009 12:18PM
rdawson124 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 12:22PM

rdawson124

oh my goooooood, i am so fuckin pumped up. Glitch Mob, Nas, Sts9, Pretty Lights!!!!!!, Lipp Service, Cheese, Femi, Sphongle, ahhhhh.....all of my expectations have been filled, i love this festival!!!

O1Roggae starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 12:22PM

O1Roggae

Epic

Make an assessment

worthlesswampyfool Mon 3/16/2009 12:39PM
bob sacamano Mon 3/16/2009 12:40PM

bob sacamano

so fishman said sci is the star bucks of jam bands.. haha thats a negative thing to say about other musicians, personally i dont believe that, n if it was true thats a negative thing to say from such a great musician..

Cheese is MY opinion a great positive band.

worthlesswampyfool Mon 3/16/2009 12:46PM

worthlesswampyfool

seriously though... cheese ? think roth got scared of broo landing phish? besides the dead none of these are TRUE (300 dollar worthy) headliners... where are the real headliners? ABB? Panic? diverse and alot of jam bands, which i like, but this is phishs summer folks... the o9 slogan should be: no phish = no phun

newtongimmick Mon 3/16/2009 12:47PM

newtongimmick

Roo better announce another string of additions b/c right now, i'm feeling a little jipped off...even though i will be seeing 2 sick phish shows at roo.

Bencident starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 12:52PM

Can anyone say CHHEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSEEEEEE

Soxfan5590 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 01:12PM

Soxfan5590

All you band bashers can go to roo, we don't want that poor attitude polluting the forest, great acts, hope to see some powerful additions, where's franti?

Armedaneian starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 01:13PM

Armedaneian

I almost fainted!

BrewCrew420 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 01:15PM

BrewCrew420

lineup is sick, ticket prices are through the roof tho

unclsam74 Mon 3/16/2009 01:25PM

unclsam74

my mind has just been blown.

jamlee Mon 3/16/2009 01:29PM

I don't understand why people complain about bands. That's the best part of festivals, if you don't want to see the band playing at that time you don't have to! Don't get on here and bash musicians who are playing the music that they are passionate about just because YOU don't like it. Most of the bands could care less if you like it or not. And I agree with gratefuldank besides the dead and cheese, none of these bands are $300 bands. Then again not many are, and I would argue to say that the dead and cheese aren't $300 bands either. These festivals are way too over priced and they people are just in it for the money. Fuck that it's about the music and the people, not money!

daphne88 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 01:38PM

This festie looks like its going to be AMAZING! everything looks so great but I personally can not wait to see THE DEAD!

p.s. this pretty much blew bonaroo out of he water dont yah think?!?!? haha

zachn00b starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 01:42PM

zachn00b

all you gatechrashing haters can go to broo...let the good vibes flow to the roth-en-bury!

lanceuppercut3 Mon 3/16/2009 01:46PM
ImSetFree Mon 3/16/2009 01:51PM

ImSetFree

price to see the dead spring tour=$100...so if your gonna pay $100 to see them anyways then why not pay another $200 to see cheese/dylan as well as a ton more. ticket prices are outrageous no matter what recently so i dont know how you could really complain. i agree though that it is very hard to choose this over 2 nights of phish

Jeff Kash Mon 3/16/2009 01:57PM
Jeff Kash Mon 3/16/2009 01:58PM

Jeff Kash

You'd have to pay me to watch Dylan again.

gotti3 Mon 3/16/2009 02:04PM

gotti3

these tickets prices are just getting out of hand 300 for a fest. this is a great lineup but these prices are just crazy. Also if you have not seen Dylan in concert be prepared he is a legend but not the greatest live performer.

spoonfork starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 02:10PM

spoonfork

Going back to rothbury! Sick lineup once again. tDB, ZpZ, theDead, FutureRock, amongst others. Can't wait to see everyone that went last year!

Tehsay Mon 3/16/2009 02:16PM
JaphyTaphy starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 02:26PM

JaphyTaphy

been anxiously awaiting this one and glad to see the lineup not disappoint. so far, pretty comparable to last year aside from the cheese addition, but they could have a whole bunch more up their sleeve to add in the future. gonna be rather difficult to pass this up, but yea, the question does remain: will there be as much magic as there was in its very first year?

Bar Bluten Kat starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 02:29PM

Bar Bluten Kat

I think keller williams should get down and on top of an sci set there should be a keller williams incident set as well... maybe late night

jamlee Mon 3/16/2009 02:32PM

also for everyone who is confused. Cheese is not back for good. As much as I would love to see this be true if you go to their website it says right on the homepage that Rothbury will be the only SCI incident of 2009. They'll be back soon, hopefully for good!

PolishThunder Mon 3/16/2009 02:37PM

Who invited the disco biscuits?

phishmann starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 03:00PM

phishmann

Looks good to me!

jkuss80 starstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 03:06PM

jkuss80

Looks like a who's who of past Bonnaroo performers. Great bands but I'll be on the farm for sure. Sinve Ive been to the past 6 Roo's... Ive already seen all these guys. Minus Nas... Nas absolutely owns.

Ointment starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 03:07PM

Ointment

I don't care how much it cost on account of them providing me with one of the best weekends of my life last year. Cannot wait for some Dead and some Shpongle!!!!!!!!!

johnnydogmo Mon 3/16/2009 03:09PM

Epic

smokey82832 Mon 3/16/2009 03:13PM

Glad to see Rothbury and Bonnaroo battling it out for which will be top festivals....I mean SCI that is freaking awesome, Second only to Phish

Great initial line-up Job well done

Detroit Funk Mon 3/16/2009 03:14PM

Detroit Funk

anyone still wearing a ratty wristband from last year is a straight up dirty wookie. I will kick any male in the balls that I see wearing one. thats a fact. bring your med cards everyone medical is legal here now too.

MrFreedomMan starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 03:19PM

I honestly didn't know how they were gonna top last year. Last year had the sickest festival lineup I've ever seen, But they out did themselves. What the fuck. Cheese outa the dust, headlining alongside the dead? There are way too many GREAT jambands to not expect some wicked colaborations. And any neigh-sayers ... SCI aint SCI without billy. he'll be there. they all miss us more than we miss them, just wait. the only question remaining is ... how are they gonna top this next year? ROTHBURY 2010!!!

smokey82832 Mon 3/16/2009 03:22PM
GeorgieP Mon 3/16/2009 03:33PM

GeorgieP

^^ I gotta agree with my man Smokey. Don't talk about it, folks. Just 'Roo it.

cedar Mon 3/16/2009 03:35PM

cheese is definitely doin this for the cash.turn down a 6 maybe 7 figure check for half a days work.i dont think so!but who can blame em most of those guys have families to feed and Kang could probably use a new faux fur suit for burning man. HORNINGS O-TEN!

kellersci Mon 3/16/2009 03:50PM

kellersci

Firt off, absolutly amazing. THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST LINEUP! theyre sure to release alot more. But agreed. Wheres Phish and Bassnectar? And if anyone from Rothbury is reading this, GET OTT. I saw him with Derek from Prettylights back in december and he turned chicago upside down.

See everyone this summer!!

MoveMyPeeps Mon 3/16/2009 03:51PM

thank you rothbury for having another amzing lineup without blowing it up too much to keep it as intimate as last year!!! haha bonnaroo is just a shitty hot dusty field, and even though phish is awesome they are the new fad which means they will attract all the douche bags.i would rather have the vibe that rothbury had last year then have phish there anyday.heres to groups of people getting together for all the right reasons

Shakes Mellow starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 04:03PM

Shakes Mellow

it is saddening to see all the hate and jackassery on here. that's exactly what's wrong with everything in the world today, not just the scene.

to whoever's goin- have a hell of a time!!!! i'm not sure if i'll be able to make this after Roo but that's ok. oneLove

rothburyfieldsforever starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 04:40PM
grateful2jerry Mon 3/16/2009 04:47PM

grateful2jerry

There could NOT BE a better way to ring in my 21st birthday than this years ROTHBURY I'm stoked.

Mutilated Trips starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 04:49PM

Mutilated Trips

Honestly, The Dead are responsible for Phish, albeit it is not the original lineup of the Dead, that band and what it represents means more to me than any fucking Phish every will Phish wouldn't exisist most likely had it not been for "the Dead" so all you whiney little bitches who already bought "'Roo" tickets or live too far away go fuck yourselves. Dylan + Nelson + Dead Set? or at least Dylan and the Dead hopefully... Rothbury latenight with Pretty Lights and Glitch Mob alone will be fucking sickening. Hopefully Ween, David B, Thievery, or MMJ will jump on Roth as well. See you in Sherwood.

kider54 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 04:54PM

Well, first of all, UMPH is playing. Hate that I'm always the one that has to fill you in on htese things. They won't announce it till after a bunch of summercamp tix are sold. Maybe MOE, too. And if Cheese, lotus, Railroad, and Umph are there Then we should see Keller, Karl D, JJ grey, and maybe pnuma trio and bassnectar.

Secondly, whats with all the hate. If you don't like it, don't go, this is supposed to be about good times. Plus this is still first additions.

Third, Break it down, think about how much a ticket would cost to see Dead, Dylan, Cheese, Willie, Sphongle, Bisco, STS9x2, Damien Marley and Nas, and GLitch Mob. That should more than equal your $250, plus you can camp there and so much other music. Yonder, Claypool, Govt. Mule, toots, ralph stanley, Peter Rowan, toubab, ect...

As of yet, Bonerzoo maybe a little better line-up, but I'd prefer to be able to go out in the sun during the day and not be worried about my girl roaming around at night. I'll catch phish at some other shows.

LT Mon 3/16/2009 05:08PM

LT

best lineup thus far. :) so excited.

jdwool2 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 05:09PM

jdwool2

WOW! I waited for this one so long! I am so glad to be a first timer from KY to this most memorable festival! Wherever ever the DEAD should be, there you WILL find me! Super excited for TOUBAB KREWE!!!!!!!!! Safe traveling. See you there!!

oldfartatplay Mon 3/16/2009 05:15PM

oldfartatplay

look's great, and only a 12 hr. drive. what to do?

Lord-K. starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 05:33PM

Lord-K.

When will the Phish West Coast run be announced?

maddmax9 Mon 3/16/2009 05:42PM

maddmax9

MEH

Bonnarooooo!

fickie24 Mon 3/16/2009 05:45PM

just wait till other artist join, id assume allman broths, umphrys, and hopefully galactic, karl d, buckethead, and derek trucks

calicheezer Mon 3/16/2009 06:11PM

calicheezer

Ok Start Vegoose back up and bring all these bands and open the Sam Boyd Stadium, I am there

michaeljackson Mon 3/16/2009 06:12PM
Mr. Holland's O-Face starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 06:14PM
Lotusdream Mon 3/16/2009 06:23PM

Lotusdream

Get out yer hula hoops it's time for some CHEEEEESE!!!!!!:)

discocham starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 07:04PM

discocham

Ive said it before and will say it again. I have been to every roo(arrived thur and left monday except last year when only went for one day/night) and roth last year...im driving 12 hours(to roth) instead of 30 min(to roo). But i am going to see phish at deer creek so i get my phish taste without that roo stink.

I dont want to hate on roo...it seriously changed my life and will stay in my soul for the rest of my life. Roo has improved greatly over last year...but not enough for me.

Primus4209 Mon 3/16/2009 07:26PM

Primus4209

Fuck yes!!! SCI, The Dead, Bob Dylan, EOTO, Lotus, Disco, and STS9!!! Nice! The lineup looks good but needs the following bands! please if possble get The Allman Brother Band, Wookiefoot, Bassnectar, Widespread Panic, Keller, and Particle!!! Get those bands and we got a 10 star lineup!

bob sacamano Mon 3/16/2009 07:27PM

bob sacamano

hey micheal jackson, im sorry to hear that sci bursted your bubble man, but mine still floating. Im not going to roth, but i hope they play there old school bluegrass tunes.

mikemac9317 Mon 3/16/2009 07:57PM

mikemac9317

jesus rothburyfields, chill out. you like rothbury, we get it (alot). this line up is okay for starters for what they are capable of in the long run. I am sure they will add a few more big names as well as some small ones, but this is behind roo a little bit. They have only had one before this and this is a promising start for a good festival. Its just like broo. roo made the festival scene what it is today, and it should be known.

mikemac9317 Mon 3/16/2009 07:58PM

mikemac9317

and please don't rebuttle with woodstock or anything because we're talking about successful festivals

ibard Mon 3/16/2009 09:23PM

who gives a shit about roo v roth? coachella is in 1 month, and i hear the killers are playing!!!

spaceface7 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 09:35PM

haha "who invited the disco biscuits?" i think they're back because they raged one of the nastiest sets of the weekend on the sickest stage in the middle of the woods!

spaceface7 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 09:37PM

i second that wookiefoot request- get them playin on the thursday night and let em freak the shit outta all the unsuspecting peeps... it happend to me at 10k. Actually they would fit right into the sherwood forest for sure!

River starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/16/2009 09:46PM

River

Not only this festival, but this WHOLE SUMMER is both Heady and Epic! That's all that comes to mind. be kind out there!

We get an Incident & SunnnnnnnnnnnnnnSHINE!!!!!!:-)

daddyfatsack Mon 3/16/2009 10:04PM

Bluntsnbisco 4 president!

zzonephan Mon 3/16/2009 10:49PM

zzonephan

this is fucken amazin for a jam festival, but i gotta say nothing new here for me except nas, and let me tell you there is nothing I would rather see to mix shit up. That man is a fucken legend, like the dead is to jam that man is to hiphop, i cannot fuuuuucking wait to get down to some illlmatic live

Aaron Mon 3/16/2009 11:55PM

Awesome awesome lineup. I hope they still add Bassnectar! Also ghostland observatory puts on a sick lightshow..

lafs247 star Tue 3/17/2009 03:34AM

absolute sick lineup, i am so happy i already bought the ticket! although i hope they add more jam-friendly bands like pgroove, umph, or moe. and bassnectar, boombox, and ghostland observatory would make for some rad late night shows. all in all, i can't wait for the 4th in michigan!

bigfro Tue 3/17/2009 05:06AM

bigfro

Billy is onboard. Homeslice is breaking up. Cheese is back next year. This one show will be the only 2009 show

Armedaneian starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/17/2009 05:38AM

Armedaneian

I like a good Phish show, (Hell, I like a bad Phish show too!), but the Dead ALWAYS take precedence! I think most of the bands playing the festival circuit would agree. They acknowledge and respect the guys that paved the road they travel. I just wish Phish and The Dead played the same festie, so they could collaborate. I still say the best Phil & Friends included Trey and Page.

bravelungs Tue 3/17/2009 06:15AM

bravelungs

this looks like bonnaroo 03. Great lineup i will be at both but still

chidodger Tue 3/17/2009 06:33AM

chidodger

SMOKEY- I wouldn't say it's a flop, actually, I think the SCI reunion will be cool, but the depth of the lineup is what got me. I think this is a stronger overall lineup than they had last year, as far as getting past the headliners. I already heard the Umph is getting added, as well as rumors of Justice playing as well (they cancelled last year, as well as gogol bordello). I mean the Dead, Bisco, STS9, Crowes, Dylan, as well as some great new bands like Futurerock. I don't know, I guess you feel the same way about Roth in regard to SCI as I do as far as Phish to Bonnaroo. Anyhow, I'll be back at Rothbury, and I can't wait to see who else gets added. my wish list...Phish, Buju Banton, Drag the River and LCD soundsystem.

brooklynite84 Tue 3/17/2009 06:35AM

I can't believe I ever put this festival down, I thought last year's Dave Matthews/Mayer/311 looked a little off, but this festival line-up looks ridiculously sick! The venue looks great! The late night will be sick for sure. I'm sure Dylan/Dead/Nelson altogether. Roo will be fun, but shit this looks like it'll be just as much fun maybe even a little better. Even a little SCI reunion, I'm not a big fan of them, but still, The Dead at a festival is going to be a rockin PARTY!

drivemetofirenzi Tue 3/17/2009 07:43AM

drivemetofirenzi

what a beautiful, beautiful thing. this summer keeps looking brighter and brighter

Brew102 starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/17/2009 08:12AM

This line-up crushes Bonnaroo.

Conjugal Burning starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/17/2009 08:21AM

Conjugal Burning

Phisheroo+Deadbury= all i need for a euphoric summer!!!!

In my humble opinion, Voltaroo has a line-up that satisfies my diverse musical tastes, while Rothballs is probably my favorite venue, jam packed with good peeps and family (not to mention a fucking SICK initial line-up as well) The Roth. vs. Roo debate is pointless, save pennies, sell your belongings and go to both!!!!

GeorgieP Tue 3/17/2009 08:34AM

GeorgieP

Chidodger, I love the Buju Banton call. Does he ever do festivals?

geyser starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/17/2009 09:00AM

all the haters can stay home, we'll have a blast without you!!

i'm ready to get shpongled with carl in sherwood forest!!

chidodger Tue 3/17/2009 09:10AM
Elemley Tue 3/17/2009 09:21AM
dankb23 Tue 3/17/2009 10:52AM

dankb23

damn more phish summer tour dates up !!!!, and rothbury dates are wide open...

chidodger Tue 3/17/2009 11:30AM
trippgray Tue 3/17/2009 01:47PM

trippgray

I'm satisfied with the line-up.. hoped for justice or daft, kinda high hopes though.. it was just in a dream of mine. Phish would seal the deal, but highly doubt they are going to be there if they aren't already on the lineup...either way there is no way to be bored with the lineup... lets just hope for the return of the MONKEYS

bwh100 Tue 3/17/2009 06:15PM

bwh100

B-roo lost its luster years ago. I'll be at Rothbury. For every 5 people enjoying the Phish show at roo, there'll be one person stealing their sh*t back in the campground.

yuturn Tue 3/17/2009 06:24PM

hoping that dave, snoop, and bruce springsteen are not added to the lineup... and that cheese plays more than one show that weekend!

Primus4209 starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/17/2009 07:51PM

Primus4209

They better not selll out and jack the ticket price up!!!! That would be a flipping outrage!!! I'll pay 250 but anything more then that is ridiculous!!! Who agrees???

phumphish_the_genious starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 01:05PM

phumphish_the_genious

Chidoger- I would be fucking stoked if phish came to this festival, but im not banking on it. 250 is a great deal- If the dead play 2 shows that would be the equivelant of 200$ on tickets if you were to see them on ter... plus 50+ other bands. Its a lot of money, but it is absolutely worth it if you can go. ill line up, so deep, so eclectic. Bring the UMPH and bring some more quality hip hop bring some moe.

fishbone1 starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 05:58PM

fishbone1

The Dead Bob Dylan The String Cheese Incident STS9 Yonder Mountain String Band The Disco Biscuits Les Claypool John Butler Flogging Molly Railroad Earth Zappa Plays Zappa Shpongle DJ Set Man Man EOTO Lotus STS9 Live PA Pretty Lights Kyle Hollingsworth Band Lipp Service 2020 Soundsystem Future Rock at the best venue in the midwest?? totally worth the money.

JeLLyPhiSh823 Wed 3/18/2009 06:28PM

JeLLyPhiSh823

How bout a cheese ritual set 4th of july night with ty north and all the other amazing people at this fest, Cant wait!!

tpgi649 starstarstarstarstar Wed 3/18/2009 07:18PM

tpgi649

where the ef is wide spread? Not the biggest wsp fan but they absolutely killed it last 4th of july. twas glorious

LittleHands009 Wed 3/18/2009 09:53PM

LittleHands009

this would pretty much be the ultimate festival if they added daft punk to the line up...but CHEEEEESE! yea my life is complete and whole again!

cfrizsel starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/19/2009 12:30AM

Great lineup again boys, thank u Rothbizzle!! So, who is joining me in Sherwood forest this Summer? Dark side again, anyone? What a trip!

Mittens Thu 3/19/2009 05:42AM

Mittens

YES!, Please Give ME Panic,moe.,UM and Bassnectar

weenhead420 Thu 3/19/2009 09:10AM
allthink Thu 3/19/2009 07:24PM

allthink

^^ hahaha weenhead you look like one of those loser on their webcam with their dick out waiting to score some craigslist poon...I hope your career goes nowhere and theres nothing but fluorescent lights in your future.

ered Thu 3/19/2009 08:42PM

Anyone else curious why umphreys is on the free rothbury cd you get with a purchase from merrell?

Floyd the Pimpanzee Sat 3/21/2009 06:52AM

Floyd the Pimpanzee

You know what, I am excited to see a little Dylan love on here. If you have not seen him, then just go there with an open mind, he is getting old but he has more fun up there playing for us then we have listening to him. He is a legend, but dont expect him to be anything like he used to, and I would not be surprised to see him sit in with the Dead. He might have a couple tricks up his sleeve this year. Should be a rockin festi wish i could go! The Cheese Stands Alone!

boom shanker Sat 3/21/2009 03:59PM

boom shanker

oh my god, this is several thousand times better than bonnaroo. have fun at roo.... with bruce springsteen and i will see everyone else at the ranch.

Jeff Kash Sun 3/22/2009 10:42AM

Jeff Kash

Cheese must have invested with Madoff.

gavinsthehydro420 Mon 3/23/2009 08:13AM

gavinsthehydro420

Wakarusa to Rothbury to All Good time to get down this summer keep the good energy flowing only thing good about Bonaroo is Phish other than that and some others not my cup of tea

Peace and Love

Ready to get down with everyone this summer see ya around

ruuuuuuuuuus Tue 3/24/2009 11:55AM

ruuuuuuuuuus

Karl!!!! wheres Karl???? Karl ... .. .. where's Karl

bloggersrlosers starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/24/2009 07:06PM

bloggersrlosers

moe. and umphrey's def need to get added. wutang clan would be good, or the roots but who knows with that jimmy fallon thing. and Dr. Bombay he would be dope in the rave tent-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTiMV1Vv1Tw...

sunfeesh starstarstarstar Thu 4/2/2009 06:46PM

sunfeesh

I wish Lettuce would play!! I love those funkay tunes!

kduds Fri 4/3/2009 04:07PM

Not too stoked on the this being the return of cheese( for this year anyway). Would love to see them again but was hoping for a hornings or Red Rocks return. Not heading to Mich for a cheese festi set. Have fun anyway! I'll be groovin at HSMF!!!

l0v3music starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/3/2009 05:11PM

l0v3music

yes yes yes yes yes im a roth feen and i cannot wait.

StealYoPhace Thu 4/9/2009 11:49AM

Ok I just want to know if it is just me that thinks the Dead are being rather sacreligious in not going to GOTV this year? Seriously this festival was made in honor of Jerry's death and they can't even hit that up? Not to mention the 100$ tickets on their tour...I dare not say anymore because I listen to the Grateful dead eveyday and love them, but Jerry is rolling over in his Grave.... All of them are very well off...