Chromeo On Yo Gabba Gabba

DANCE DUO PLAYS POSSIBLY THE HIPPEST KIDS SHOW EVER

Chromeo
If you're under 50 and have small children, you're likely already aware of the twisted pleasures of Yo Gabba Gabba. But, if you've missed this day-glow Nickelodeon treat, trust us, there's plenty waiting for idle dorm room stoners, snarky pop culturistas and even just folks curious about what's cool in music. The show's programmers have their fingers on the pulse o' things, and the show's already welcomed The Shins, Money Mark, Cornelius, Mates of State and more. Devo's Mark Mothersbaugh has a regular segment where he draws things like Robot Gorillas and they come to life, and kids are learning hip-hop basics with Biz Markie's "Biz's Beat of the Day."

A new episode last Friday featured a percussion lesson from ?uestlove and Frankie Knuckles of The Roots, and "The Super Music Friends Show" segment offered a good soaping up from Chromeo and we thought we'd share.

There are oodles of distractions awaiting you at yogabbagabba.com/, including music clips, truly bent animation and other things to make your children as warped as you!

[Published on: 3/1/09]

Comments

DelrayChris Sun 3/1/2009 02:43PM

DelrayChris

awesome...chromeo is rad.

1048 starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/1/2009 03:07PM

1048

badass

BrewCrew420 starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/1/2009 03:15PM

BrewCrew420

Where were shows like this when I was younger? Chromeo oh ooohhh!!!

lepineisme starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/1/2009 03:27PM

lepineisme

I have a two and a half year old and we live by this show. his little brother (5 months) is learing the ropes already.

bloggersrlosers Sun 3/1/2009 03:44PM

bloggersrlosers

A good show for kids is Tim and Eric Awesome Show Good Job... For your health

maljr12 starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/1/2009 04:44PM

I don't know what to say other than I give this article 5 stars.

peaton Sun 3/1/2009 06:24PM

peaton

this show is awesome! I especially like "Banana" by the Aggrolites.

Flat5 starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/1/2009 06:25PM

Flat5

he didnt use any soap. whats up with that?

brainstar starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/1/2009 11:27PM

brainstar

LATHER UP!!!

theguykeator Sun 3/1/2009 11:34PM

theguykeator

That green muppet stole all my moves!!!!

Mr_McDankenstein starstarstarstarstar Sun 3/1/2009 11:54PM

Mr_McDankenstein

thanks to that video ive spent the past hour or so on yogabbagabba.com and i dont think ive been this entertained by a kids show in at least a couple weeks, excellent.

pugs689 starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 04:43AM

nice and clean!

hippiedaze Mon 3/2/2009 06:57AM

Man my son watches this show, its pretty trippy, reminds me of H&R Puff n Stuff, now that was a crazy kid show~ The roots and the ting tings, and jack black have all made appearances also, i think maybe i get into the show a lil too much ;~)

harrisonp starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 08:36AM

harrisonp

My name is Harrison.......... And i like to Dance!

adubvu Mon 3/2/2009 10:51AM

adubvu

funky

marionc starstarstarstarstar Mon 3/2/2009 01:03PM

marionc

do the marshmellow

lovejahlive Mon 3/2/2009 09:09PM

lovejahlive

yeah, dj is rad...

Fultzwagon Tue 3/3/2009 10:04AM

Fultzwagon

We had a kids show with sweet music....It was called Fraggel Rock, Remember the dude playing the mandolin all show. I got my boys the box set and the music rocks. Much mellower than yo gabba gabba. Actually I would say Yo gabba has sold out because they are everywhere and on everything. I know for a fact they only license to big name companys willing to pay big bucks. Habitat skateboards wanted to do a Yo gabba gabba line of boards and got denied because there wasn't enough $ on the table. Check out the old originals..Sesame Street rocks as well. Any Street that helps raise Trey to be the crazy imaginative fool he is must be good for the kids.

chummer420 starstarstarstarstar Tue 3/3/2009 10:01PM

chummer420

first of all yo gabba gabba is the dogs balls! my son is 18 months and loves it. The whole show is set to music, and it hilarious to watch my litle one dance around the living room every time its on. but to Futzwagon, Yo gabba gabba being sell outs give me a break and get a life! I quarentee that if your dinky little skateboard company would have went to your beloved sesame street with no dough, the sesame street people would have told them to go fly a kite also. I bet if tony hawk however, went to Yo gabba gabba and said "hey i'll come on your show with my sons, and then promote the show when given a chance" yo gabba gabba would have happily let birdhouse make a YGG line of boards. It's about coming correct dude, don't knock someone for not letting someone else use their artistic property without compensation. Or for that matter knock someone for trying to get what is deserved monetarily for or from their artistic property. You arent knocking phish or (doing the sign of the cross) TREY for selling out to live nation are you? So save your breath about sell outs for your elecated officials down there in the nasty NATI (see John Boehner)!thanks