All Good Festival 2009 Lineup

INITIAL ASSORTMENT FOR 13TH ANNUAL WEST VIRGINIA JEWEL

Ben Harper by Melissa Nicholson
The 13th annual All Good Music Festival will be held July 10-12 at to Marvin's Mountaintop in Masontown, WV. Featuring an extended weekend of music and camping amongst the scenic West Virginia mountains, the All Good Festival presents fans with a showcase of the nation’s best established and emerging live acts, described by Rolling Stone as one of the "coolest festivals around."

Confirmed All Good Festival 2009 performers include:

Ben Harper and Relentless 7
Bob Weir & RatDog
moe.
STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9)
Les Claypool
Yonder Mountain String Band
Tea Leaf Green
Buckethead
SOJA
Bassnectar
Steve Kimock Crazy Engine
The New Mastersounds
Donna the Buffalo
Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk
Todd Snider
Cornmeal
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Ave
Fear Nuttin' Band

Plus many more artists still to be announced

The All Good Festival's eclectic artist lineup will deliver 40 hours of music on two adjacent stages in the main concert area with no overlapping sets. This gives fans the opportunity to see every minute of every band on the bill. In addition to stellar music and camping, the All Good Music Festival features a variety of microbrews, quality food and craft vendors, late night shows, interactive artisan workshops, family camping area, kids area, ADA camping and a lot more. An 'Even Better VIP' package is available, which offers an exclusive viewing and camping area with premium sight-lines, early festival entry, private air-conditioned bathrooms, exclusive All Good merchandise and much more.

With a savings of over $55 from ticket prices at the festival gate, Early-Bird Tickets are available for $109, which includes camping, music and parking from Friday through Sunday. Beginning Tuesday, February 17, tickets will be offered for a limited time online here or charge by phone by at 1-800-594-TIXX.

[Published on: 2/12/09]

Comments

chidodger Thu 2/12/2009 09:16AM

chidodger

Good line-up. That's wierd, though, Ratdog instead of The Dead. Not too impressed by the new Ben Harper project, at least what i'v heard so far.

ManyRoads starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 09:16AM

ManyRoads

If this place were a country it be called TurkWOOKistan

Pretty good initial announcment.

linsbee314 starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 09:22AM

Good start, but nothing really blows me away here. I agree about the new Ben Harper project, so I'm not super happy he's at the top of the list. But you've gotta love a cheap weekend ticket though!

laxd1314 Thu 2/12/2009 09:24AM

man, last time bobby was there he sucked and cut into the duo's set. and if ben harper is the headliner then that's super week. He's not bad but he's no widespread panic or Phil lesh. but claypool, buckethead, and bassnectar have me sold. see ya'll on the mountain top (unless the camp bisco lineup is super super sick aka eat static).

branagin starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 09:26AM

gonna be a great year on the mountain

funkedup Thu 2/12/2009 09:28AM

funkedup

I am very excited with this initial lineup. Trombone Shorty being announced leads me to believe that Galactic will be announced in the upcoming months but we shall see. $109 for this lineup and more is a steal

funkedup Thu 2/12/2009 09:29AM

funkedup

and laxd..that shit with bobby cutting into the duo was REALLY weak. the duo tried to start up and he completely cut them off so they could do their encore...

phishphreak2009 Thu 2/12/2009 09:30AM

phishphreak2009

Some very solid acts, and I am not trying to bash the festivial, but doesn't this seem like a lightweight version of the Waka lineup?

O1Roggae Thu 2/12/2009 09:31AM

O1Roggae

Decent

Greatwaves Thu 2/12/2009 09:35AM

Greatwaves

looks fairly decent, not too impressed with the headliners, i thought that Ratdog was good a few years back but that whole fiasco with them playing late and cutting into duos set,which cut into sts9 set was weak, and embarassing, whos gonna do latenights, moe sts9 again, very similiar lineup year in and year out, we shall see who gets added, where are all the 1320 artists, djs, livetronica acts... Camp Bisco,

irtimed starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 09:35AM

irtimed

looks pretty sick, Ben and the Relentless 7 sound great. New Mastersounds, Trombone Shorty? thats awesome! hope iClips streams it.

_Sugaree_ starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 09:36AM

_Sugaree_

I'm really liking the line-up so far!! But I need to see Rothbury's first!!! Bring it onnn bitchessssss :)

GeorgieP Thu 2/12/2009 09:37AM

GeorgieP

I was fortunate enough to catch the Fear Nuttin Band in NYC not too long ago. Those guys really throw down. It's like some kind of thrash-reggae fusion and it's pretty goddamn good.

O1Roggae Thu 2/12/2009 09:38AM

O1Roggae

last year they announced an intital 20 bands instead of 18.

goatman_H starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 09:38AM

goatman_H

YES YES YES

pgroover Thu 2/12/2009 09:43AM

pgroover

Nice initial line-up. still waitin' on Rothbury line-up though. You can't go wrong with a festie like All Good though. They've always kept it real and I've never went home disappointed. Anyone know of when Rothbury should announce??

acomma Thu 2/12/2009 09:44AM

acomma

Does Ratdog playing this fest speak to future, or lack thereof, plans for the Dead?

btrainer starstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 09:49AM

marvin always throws, down does anyone remember sts9 late night set or yonder playing in the rain. Not to mention claypool and buckethead.

Allgood is one of the best festivals around, ill be there.

FreeHawk Thu 2/12/2009 09:51AM

FreeHawk

Lineup is a little meh for my taste, but you folkers better check out Todd folkin Snider.

BBFCFM515 Thu 2/12/2009 09:52AM

BBFCFM515

What the fuck is Ben Harper doing as headlining?

jacoyle1 Thu 2/12/2009 09:55AM

yes ! great line up compared to last year !

gonna be the hotness

weenhead420 Thu 2/12/2009 09:57AM

weenhead420

That's o.k.!!! But really sad no Dead ---> Ratdog and bad headliner ---> Ben Harper. Everything else look good but nothing I haven't seen many times before. I would need to see some sick artist addition to sign up for this one.

Matty Boh starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 10:11AM

Fuck the naysayers, Ben Harper is a beautiful choice as a headliner. Hopefully someone is rockin the rope-a-dope stage during Ratdog (not my cup of tea after the other year).... HELL YEAH bringin the Sound Tribe back...and any Buckethead/Claypool collab would be fine by me.....all we need now are the Allman Brothers !

WidespreadMule3 Thu 2/12/2009 10:12AM

WidespreadMule3

pretty good! i agree ben harper shouldn't be the headliner but this is just and initial line up so i'm sure there will be a bigger name above him. i'm sure bassnectar will throw down though.

JERRYmadeLIVEmusic Thu 2/12/2009 10:20AM

JERRYmadeLIVEmusic

Like the dude said above, just a weakened, small version of Wakarusa so far. But the Bob Weir thing is confusing. How could it possibly be that The Dead reunite and don't play at a festival??? They have to, HAVE to, be playing Rothbury. It just wouldnt make any sense otherwise

DrFunkinstein Thu 2/12/2009 10:24AM

DrFunkinstein

looks a stone groove my man

Hydrogen starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 10:30AM

Hydrogen

I don't understand why Ben Harper is headlining over Claypool and shit. He should be an afternoon set. And by the way, RatDog was already running late and eating into the Duo's time when they came back out and stopped them, that was a total dick move hopefully they won't be so arrogant this time.

msudtg Thu 2/12/2009 10:33AM

msudtg

This is okay... I would be pleased to see this... but no WSP... so that is lame...

nickrbk starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 10:34AM

nickrbk

Give me some Bassnecter!

heylookitsmarco starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 10:34AM

This lineup is pretty solid. I agree that Bob Weir and Ratdog is a really lame headliner, I was at all good two years ago and not only did they suck but they cut into the duo's set so they could play dark star for a second time and touch of grey: lame. I don't understand why they couldn't just get the Dead. Everyone's hating on Ben Harper, I'm not into Harper either; but he's leaps and bounds better than fucking Michael Franti and Spearhead. I literally slept while he played two years ago.

maljr12 starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 10:38AM

Made it to Bonnaroo, Langerado and this Fest last year and this was easily the best time I had in the United States last year. moe is back! Definitely expect to see a Claypool/Buckethead jam

little womanski Thu 2/12/2009 10:39AM

little womanski

1) So much like Waka, except Waka started out cheaper, and already has so many many incredible acts above and beyond these.

2) Agreed with anyone who is confused about why there is Ratdog instead of the dead-- that doesn't seem like a good sign...

3) Where is Panic on all of these festivals? 10K is it so far and we already have so many festival lineups announced. Fingers crossed for some kind of summer tour, and not just two locations that I can't possibly get to, like the spring tour.

Why does Phish NYC have to conflict with Waka?? :(

dtx00 Thu 2/12/2009 10:43AM

I bet Ben Harper closes the festival on Sunday. Mark it down. They will definetly announce a big name band later, plus they will announce the Thursday nite band. Does kinda look like Waka's lineup, but All Good never dissapoints. Wait and see

PhillyCheese88 Thu 2/12/2009 11:09AM

Meh, its no 2005. But if Claypool is playing i hope to GOD that the flaming lips or ween play as well.

mesaxi starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 11:14AM

Strong for a full lineup, and this is just the initial announcement

ratatatpat Thu 2/12/2009 11:15AM

ratatatpat

A second round of bands could be the decider. This will be the first time I skip Allgood since 2004

grtrthnone Thu 2/12/2009 11:37AM

grtrthnone

waka has a better lineup imo and as for the panic... 3 day run in orlando will get me my fix there!

Drbeaker Thu 2/12/2009 11:41AM

Ratdog and Ben Harper are, in my opinion, not nearly as exciting as the two headliners as Phil and Panic last year. I've never been a Ben Harper fan (I don't hate him, just never really got into it) and will always take Phil over Ratdog (I was super-stoked for the dead to all play together but now that I see the ticket prices I wish it was just more Phil instead like last year). That being said, I'm very excited by some of these other acts especially sts9, claypool, buckethead, bassnectar, and ymsb. I thought last year's choices of dark star and gov't mule as late nights was a bit odd and would be really happy if this year's late night sets included sts9, bassnectar, or a claypool/buckethead collaboration. Bassnectar got a really crappy slot last year in my opinion and he deserves a much better one. I hope the additions include a really unique act like the Flaming Lips, that would tie it all together for me. Props to All Good for not making late nights cost extra, that is super lame. I hope to volunteer there again like last year, had a lot of fun.

Gregorie Thu 2/12/2009 11:56AM

Bring XAVIER RUDD!!! We need the Didj @ All Good again! Could be a possibility with Ben Harper there being that they've toured together. Also, I'm hoping on an improvement on the sound on the Magic Hat stage. I could barely hear it last year and I was only slightly behind the sound booth.

laxd1314 starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 12:02PM

so starr hill is sponsoring the festival this year instead of magic hat. does that mean no more pickle monsters?

lovemusical Thu 2/12/2009 12:10PM

Marvin's Mountaintop is the perfect location for a fest, and last years Allgood was the best fest I've ever been to, including '03 Bonnaroo. No need to compare, but last years lineup did more for me than this years does. But if you've never been the Mountain I would strongly encourage it. The vibe is super chill, the scenery is spectacular, and most of the people are really nice. Very rural location, really feels like your getting away. 3 bits of advice: 1)Watch the fuzz on the way in and out. There's major quotas going on. 2)It takes a long time getting in and out(but its worth it)3)It's really hot during the day. Be Careful!

chux7487 Thu 2/12/2009 12:13PM

chux7487

wooohooo!! allgood is so awesome i love that place, definetly gonna hit this again, ratdog is on fire right now no joke!!!!

DELYEAH starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 12:18PM

DELYEAH

Regardless of the initial lineup, this is the best festival in my opinion. There's rarely any crappy bands, there's no overlapping sets, the weather is great (it gets hot, but not unbearable like Bonnaroo), you don't have to walk from stage to stage, the scenery is incredible, the vibe is amazing, the crowd is great, and the music is unreal. I definitely recommend this festival. I had an unbelievable time last year! Plus, they've got funkfest with Dumpstaphunk and The New Mastersounds...should be sick!

Dire46daysWolf Thu 2/12/2009 12:20PM

Dire46daysWolf

not bad at all

rastafool starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 12:20PM

all good never fail to impress. as all other festival prices go up this one gets cheaper, or at least stays cheap. as far as ben harper goes, hes probably the sunday night closer, and if you dont like it dont stay. the rest of the lineup is great. lets repeat the 7 hours of moe in 2007 with another allstar jam, leading into another foggy soundtribe night. amazing.couold not be happier with this news, and cant wait for the rest of the lineup.... railroad earth... a little keller never hurts anyone.... leftover salmon... eoto... emmitt nershi band... i can go on and on but im glad spearhead is taking a break this year, its needed. and lets give ymsb a late night set, ot at least night time spot. peace and love

biscobear starstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 12:32PM

allright i like... kind of looks like 07's line up. hopefully bobby dosnt play longer then his slot and screw anyone over again!

BourbonTide Thu 2/12/2009 12:38PM

BourbonTide

hell yeah, fear nuttin' band. i knew these guys were on the brink, saw a special about them on charter.music, and their live shows looked like the jam

BooneRes Thu 2/12/2009 12:45PM
TheWeight22 Thu 2/12/2009 12:45PM

TheWeight22

SOJA is solame

Distraction_420 Thu 2/12/2009 01:06PM

Distraction_420

So looking forward to see STS9, YMSB and moe.

JoeBangles Thu 2/12/2009 01:08PM

JoeBangles

this is gonna be a good one, but what the hell? i want to see some WSMFP!!! and ratdog? wtf why not the dead. and phish needs to get their shit together and go to a festival that is actually cool.

spacewrangler68 star Thu 2/12/2009 01:11PM

this lineup is the 2007 lineup!!!!!!weak!!!!!!i am headed to grateful fest at NLQP the week before, cheaper and a better time!

tgratefulapple Thu 2/12/2009 01:23PM

tgratefulapple

looks alright so far, hopefully announce another good headliner and ill be there.

Tomfoolery star Thu 2/12/2009 01:32PM

Tomfoolery

"Hi, I'm the 2009 line for the All Good Festival. In case I pulled the wool over your eyes by having your favorite jamband in my initial announcement, I'd like to let you in on a little secret. I'm secretly the exact same jamband festival that has existed for years now. Shhh. We wouldn't want people to stop going to see the same music year in, year out. They really like thinking that they're experiencing a diverse musical experience, but the truth is that my bill pretty one dimensional. But don't let too many people know. Remember, our little secret."

Seriously, this lineup is tired and worn out. Now I love jambands, but unless I see some acts that are really going to make me listen outside the box, I'm not interested. Get some new material people, please.

curtbraski starstar Thu 2/12/2009 01:45PM

curtbraski

i mean i guess its a decent lineup if your into some of these bands... but damn they must have a minimal budget... might be a good thing who knows... doesnt thrill me at all tho very lackluster

Mr. Holland's O-Face Thu 2/12/2009 01:58PM

Mr. Holland's O-Face

Take me back to that mountaintop where times movin' slow. No tickin of the clock no where you got to go. Well the music never stops on the fiddle and the bow. I want just what I got take me back to the mountaintop.

See ya'll there

mr.bungle starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 02:17PM

mr.bungle

Seems alot like the 2007 lineup. All I have to say is Bassnectar and STS9 better be playing late night.

WarmCarl Thu 2/12/2009 02:18PM

WarmCarl

This is that same festival where those guys trapped me in me in my tent and tried rolling me down the hill inside it. Made a mess and got mayonnaise all if over my legs.

CarlisleCAT Thu 2/12/2009 02:20PM

CarlisleCAT

Didnt really expect the dead to play at any festys.this lineup is good..reminds me of 2007..Im sure Lotus will be there last minute

futhepharmer Thu 2/12/2009 02:26PM

futhepharmer

^^^^^Yeah Twalsh...here's hoping they add a Snoop Dog or a Kanye West.

Nothing like getting the stank-eye from shady fucks and knowing that there are probably many guns at a festival.

futhepharmer Thu 2/12/2009 02:27PM

futhepharmer

Is anyone else starting to get a little bugged out with warmcarls's mayonaise comments?

futhepharmer Thu 2/12/2009 02:28PM

futhepharmer

I mean, just what is it with you and your mayo fetish?

deadheadjohnny Thu 2/12/2009 03:14PM

Phil said they were doing a Spring, Dead tour and not a summer tour, because his son graduates college and he wants to spend the summer with him. They say maybe the following summer.

So The Dead, not playing festivals, is no big deal.

The ticketprices are in my opinion, gonna be their downfall.

badfish420 Thu 2/12/2009 03:30PM

badfish420

I know alot of people will say this lineup is kinda weak...but I was there two years ago and the Headliners were almost identical to this list minus keller and the keels and franti+spearhead, and that was one of the best weekends of my life! moe. always throws down at all good, if you have never been I would recommend going just for that alone! Remember this is just the initial lineup, I am confident that this list will bulk up in the coming weeks/months. Can't wait for another throwdown in the good ol' hills of WV!!

badfish420 Thu 2/12/2009 03:33PM

badfish420

Spacewrangler does have a hell of a point tho...NLQP is the shit, and the ticket is always a good price.

Omega Thu 2/12/2009 03:55PM

Has Les Claypool missed an All Good?

alfinestone Thu 2/12/2009 04:03PM

CORNMEAL! can't wait!

lsd25247 Thu 2/12/2009 04:05PM

lsd25247

what a let down on the head liners. Ben Harper?? and i really dont like ratdog or bobby and his singing. wish phil and friends were playin everything else looks prety good though

isthatyoujerry Thu 2/12/2009 04:07PM

isthatyoujerry

SHABBA DO

editty Thu 2/12/2009 04:13PM

Claypool wasn't at last years. I was not pleased about that. I was there and it wasn't nearly as good as 07 in my opinion and it seemed like there was a lot less people. That may be why they cut down a little, but the lineup isn't through, so I will save my opinions until I get atleast another addition list. So far AllGood got what I'm lookin for, so Bravo! I may reneg on my vow of never returning from last year! And SOJA is beat, bring back EASYSTAR ALLSTARS, WAILERS OR STEEL PULSE PLEASE! I need atleast one solid reggea act this year Walther! Throw me a bone!

editty Thu 2/12/2009 04:16PM

OH and I also totally agree, Phil and Freinds stole the show last year. They own Ratdog and Bobby. Im not a big fan of Harper, I think he is a little overrated, but something tells me if his name wasn't on the top he wouldn't be getting as much greif from the board.

shakobe star Thu 2/12/2009 04:38PM

Whatever.

Shakes Mellow starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 04:55PM
dballz Thu 2/12/2009 05:01PM

eddity, im pretty sure the lack of attendence last year had to do with this thing called rothbury that is the week before. even though rothbury has not come out with a lineup, im sure it will make this not worth going to. dont get me wrong, i was at all good in 05 and 07 and had an AWESOME time both years. but with the economy being the way it is, rothbury being on 4th of july weekend and being sick, along with this lineup being so so i dont see it being as succesful this year

technopagan starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 05:13PM

technopagan

I think it's a pretty decent first announcement.

My boy Claypool is all over the map again this summer, it doesn't

get any better than that. Not to mention Buckethead is following

him around. Yonder, Tribe, Bassnectar, worth it to me, even if it

is cheesed up with Weir and Harper.

-Don't count those Rothbury chickens before they hatch...

****Let it be known, that Dave Matthews will undoubtedly headline Rothbury again****

weak.

technopagan Thu 2/12/2009 05:22PM

technopagan

ok, so his schedule doesn't really line up...

but if I'm not mistaken, the whole thing is run

by his manager, or the owner of his management

company, something along those lines.

In a Big Country Thu 2/12/2009 05:55PM

In a Big Country

anybody notice the similarity of this lineup compared to 2006 ... still dope as shit, hopefully a moe., sts9 and bassnecter late nights...

dballz Thu 2/12/2009 06:07PM

yeah hopefully dmb will not be at rothbury this year, however it was a nice break for a nap last year when they played:) but just because his management are involved, hopefully, doesnt mean that he will be also. i know his manager works for bonnaroo every year and he has only been there in 05 if i am not mistaken

nickMACd starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 06:28PM

nickMACd

man I love that hill side... don't forget your gold bond though... heady gold bond $3 a handful

veggedout starstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 06:55PM

Timmy, this years line-up is too much like 2007s. In addition to SOJA consider Culture or Matisyahu they have never played Allgood. Get some real bluegrass like David Grisman Quintet or Del Mccrory. Also, we would love to see Umphreys McGee and Galactic return. Is there going to be music or entry on Thursday?

mindmusic90 Thu 2/12/2009 07:55PM

mindmusic90

RATDOG FUCK YEAAA

Primus4209 starstarstarstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 09:04PM

Primus4209

this lineup needs EOTO with kang! and who else dubconsious!!!! to bad it's like everybody elses lineup!!! it needs something more and new! Dudes right it is like last years lineup!!! who else could we get thats good! Disco Biscuits, and how about Belafelck and the Allman brother band!!! Lotus, the wailers and Franti i'm just throwing some ideas out there!

Primus4209 Thu 2/12/2009 09:05PM

Primus4209

And yea the Dead has got's to play Rothbury!!!! I really hope so!

kinfolk Thu 2/12/2009 09:21PM

kinfolk

vegge, yeah there is thur early arrival and some music on the Campground stage but they usually wait to annouce who will be playing the early night until one of the artist additions, and yes this line-up is alot like 07 but with Kimock, Bassnectar, Dumpstaphunk, and Cornmeal instead of Keller and Franti I will take this anyday and dont forget this is only half of the line-up there are lots more good acts coming

search4cake starstarstar Thu 2/12/2009 11:18PM

Give me a New Mastersounds latenight and I'm there.

P.lease_Groove Thu 2/12/2009 11:39PM

P.lease_Groove

the only legit festival on the east coast so far

mindmusic90 Fri 2/13/2009 12:26AM

mindmusic90

darkstardarkstardarkstardarkstardarkstar

::crosses fingers::

mikemac9317 Fri 2/13/2009 05:11AM

mikemac9317

Same shit, different year. I am not complaining, but I agree with the posters above that want something new. Not bad initial, but Ben Harper's new shit is overrated as well as his older stuff.

wrightporchperson starstarstar Fri 2/13/2009 06:56AM

wrightporchperson

I would agree with most the comments posted. I have been to all but 2 All Good festivals. It is always a good time, great crowd & venue. However this line-up leaves something to be desired. There are good acts there, just don't know if it justifies the ticket price. Each year the line up seems to get bigger, better except for this year, there is nothing new or unquie about this line up. I will say Tim Walther usually does a good job of adding more acts at a later date. Hope all enjoy it. Party Hardy.

linsbee314 starstarstarstarstar Fri 2/13/2009 08:21AM

Like I said, you can't beat the ticket price. But, this is the lineup $109 will get you. People bitch about the high price of Roo, but that's what a $250 ticket can do. Not to say Roo couldn't be cheaper, but we obviously see a difference in budgets here. But that mountaintop shore is purdy!!

PoisonOrchid Fri 2/13/2009 08:48AM

PoisonOrchid

I'm stoked on this line-up. Pretty repeating from the past but I think Ben Harper is going to rocknroll never seen him so its my only first here

ctom101 starstarstarstar Fri 2/13/2009 09:32AM

Good to see les, tribe, and kimock back on the mountain. fairly solid by me

msudtg Fri 2/13/2009 10:15AM

msudtg

No Dead is lame, No WSP is more lame. With WSP only set for 10klf this year, 10klf is going to be huge... Hopefully WSP is a late addition to some fests... even though WSP is my favorite, I dont want 75,000 people at 10klf...

laxd1314 Fri 2/13/2009 10:35AM

hey veggedout, both culture and matisyahu have played at all good. matisyahu did thursday night in 05 and culture was there i think in either 05 or 06

silent9bass Fri 2/13/2009 10:45AM

silent9bass

When Bob Weir made a total ass of himself at All Good 07 it was just disgraceful. I'm suprised he's back. And just him! Can't stand Ratdog. If I want to fall asleep listening to music, I'll put on something with substance rather than slowed down cover versions of grateful dead songs played poorly.

Take the top two names off the list and leave room for bands that have something original to offer. Seriously, I'd be more pumped about this with the lineup minues harper and ratdog. Just hate the idea of giving Bob Weir more money (Especially with the $100 dead summer tour tickets. That is just sickening.)

cloudhidden Fri 2/13/2009 11:51AM

Todd Snider is the best singer/songwriter playing today. If you go, do not miss his set. He'll be the one that YMSB follows around all weekend!

Fox_Mulder Fri 2/13/2009 12:32PM

Fox_Mulder

headliners dont matter

wsp didnt matter to me last year

this will be the shit

i encourage wsp fans to go to minnesota

the Horse starstarstarstarstar Fri 2/13/2009 01:10PM

the Horse

I'm stoked, this will be a great weekend of music and much less bs than any other fest out there. Buckethead, Steve Kimock's Crazy Engine and Dumpstaphunk will absolutely kill it!!

the Horse Fri 2/13/2009 01:16PM

the Horse

I can't believe that there is not that much excitement for Kimock's Crazy Engine? I'm baffled

NickD starstarstarstarstar Fri 2/13/2009 04:38PM

sts9 late night.. in the fog.

alienscape starstarstarstar Fri 2/13/2009 04:41PM

Bob Weir is not good at all.

zzach16 starstarstarstar Fri 2/13/2009 05:22PM

zzach16

Make sure you catch Cornmeal if you haven't already. I'd like to see Railroad Earth on here to complete the jamgrass side of things. I'd be excited about Kimock Crazy Engine. I think the lineup does a good job at representing all "jam" subgenres. If i could afford it, I'd love to go.

Armedaneian starstarstar Fri 2/13/2009 08:01PM

Armedaneian

I wish Ratdog played straight through the duo's set that night... they were lame. If I wasn't waiting for the tribe afterward, I would have left. The drum and keyboard made me bored... it's like half the band is missing!

Hiser52 Fri 2/13/2009 08:53PM

Well lets see I could go to Waka and get surrounded by cops at any moment. I could go to 10000 lakes and get eaten by a million black flys or bonnaroo and fry my face off(would bare it for Phish by the way). None other than Phish shows and Marvins Mountain top for me. Don't forget Delfest for everything blue grass! THE LINE UP IS SICK ALREADY, GET IT THROUGH ALL OF YOUR HEADS.

technopagan Sat 2/14/2009 12:42PM

technopagan

Waka Waka will not be Copa Copa this year.

I don't know who plans and pays these headliners,

but I'm really sick of these lame headliners.

From a reputable source, Panic charges around $150,000

for a festival set. How much do you think Weir and Harper charge?

***Headliners who can leave the circuit and please go play arena shows:

Michael Franti

Ben Harper

G. Love

Gov't Mule

Bob Weir

Matisyahu

SnoopDogg

311

David Byrne

(gotchya, Byrne is welcome anywhere at anytime he wants, bow down)

moneywasters...

my humble opinion of course.

PhilthyPhil Sat 2/14/2009 03:14PM

PhilthyPhil

All good keeps it real. Love this fest, lineup looks pretty legit so far minus Ben harper being right on top. Won't really matter anyways as long as they stick on sunday.

lovemusical Sat 2/14/2009 10:56PM

What's up with all the anti-Weir? He does one bad show in '07 and this much dissing? I love Ratdog. Ben Harper is great live. I havn't seen him with the Relentless 7 yet but with the Innocent Criminals he puts on a grat show. I think Allgood has fine headliners.

Mole4200 Sun 2/15/2009 09:55AM

Mole4200

PUT IT IN THE DUMPSTA!

Bar Bluten Kat Sun 2/15/2009 05:13PM

Bar Bluten Kat

sure it has its flaws like any fest, but this lineup is pretty decent. contrary to most lately I still love me some ratdog, kimock is always a great experience, dumpsta, claypool, buckethead, sound tribe, yonder... all great acts and worthy of a trip to the mountaintop... we'll see what else the festival gods whip up (ROTHBURY!)

Primus4209 Tue 2/17/2009 01:58AM

Primus4209

Putnameter Tue 2/17/2009 07:56AM

Putnameter

All good is my favorite festival of the year! closely followed by Mountain Jam. Love Kimock!!!

Distraction_420 Tue 2/17/2009 09:17AM

Distraction_420

Tix bought, see you all on the mountain!!!

brainstar Tue 2/17/2009 10:31AM

brainstar

They should take Ben Harper off the lineup and put on 3 or 4 sets of STS9!!!!

iriekyle Tue 2/17/2009 11:10AM

iriekyle

I could do with or without ben harper but regardless its all good! I admit that bobby and rat dog sucked 2 years ago and i was very dissapointed. That being said i saw them two weeks later in jersey with the allman brothers and they rocked the place! Im wondering what people have against SOJA though they have always been one of my festival favorites while i thought the wailers fell a little bit short(if you can really call that band the wailers anyway.) Granted i would love to see steel pulse or toots for some old school roots reggae, but that isnt what soja is trying to be so give them a break! My one concern is that i dont see the bridge! its not all good without them! although i have a felling they will be on the second teir. All in all i think that is a pretty damn good initial lineup, see ya on the mountain friends!

johnnyblaze36 Tue 2/17/2009 12:01PM

"Yea ben harpers a waste of money hes got one good song burn one down....other then that he is so over rated and so mainstream and over payed! He should should stick with large venues!!!"

That's the dumbest statement I've ever read on jambase and completely contradicts itself. Ben Harper is the most talented musician on that entire lineup...well besides Al, Rob, and Chuck maybe.

Hannahearn Tue 2/17/2009 12:53PM

sexy : )

dvdalvn star Tue 2/17/2009 01:45PM

dvdalvn

So bad this year guys... Oh well. I am making the journey to Wakarusa anyway. Different mountain top, much better vibes.

spoonfork Tue 2/17/2009 07:43PM

spoonfork

crunchtastic.

bottles711 Wed 2/18/2009 08:08AM

Claypool and Buckethead! Hells yeah! Things just might get a little weird.

headlessphish Thu 2/19/2009 06:50PM

Al, Rob, and Chuck will be sure to deliver this year on the mountain. Their set two years ago---one of the best shows of my life. As far as the line-up goes definitely need some roots reggae, bassnectar better get a better time than last year, and I hope Lotus gets added to the list--saw them a few days ago, so much energy, so much fun. Allgood '09 will be the shit undoubtedly.

Distraction_420 Wed 2/25/2009 03:01PM

Distraction_420

Anyone have any idea what the hold up is releasing the rest of the lineup? All Good site says it was supposed to be released yesterday 2/24.

cjacobs1 Mon 4/6/2009 11:11AM

First year attendind all good and am very excited. Like the lineup and the vibe sounds great. Would like to see a few additions to the lineup that represent other genres. Like: Yeasayer, Gift of Gab (Blackalicious), the roots, The wailers, Ponytail, Steve miller band, George Clinton and Beach house. Can't wait!