Andrew Bird Beast Tour

ANDREW BIRD U.S. TOUR CONFIRMED, DATES KICK OFF JANUARY 28 AT CARNEGIE HALL
NOBLE BEAST OUT JANUARY 27

Andrew Bird
Andrew Bird has confirmed dates for the first leg of a North American tour in support of his forthcoming new album Noble Beast. The tour will begin just after Noble Beast's release with Bird's first ever headline engagement at Carnegie Hall on January 28.

This run of theater headlines will be opened by Loney, Dear with the exception of Carnegie Hall, which will feature Dosh as support.

Presales with low-fee surcharges for most shows are already underway at www.andrewbird.net. General on sales will be this weekend.

Check out the first single from Noble Beast, "Oh No" right here:

02/23/09 Mon Moore Theatre Seattle, WA
02/24/09 Tue Knitting Factory (Formerly Big Easy) Boise, ID
02/25/09 Wed Murray Theater Salt Lake City, UT
02/26/09 Thu Ogden Theatre Denver, CO
02/27/09 Fri Slowdown Omaha, NE

[Published on: 11/19/08]

Comments

SmashySmashy Wed 11/19/2008 10:01AM

SmashySmashy

I saw him on his intimate pre-run tour last month. Incredible. Her is the most talented and full sounding solo musician around now IMHO. But if you strictly like 'jam' he probably isn't for you.

SmashySmashy Wed 11/19/2008 10:01AM

SmashySmashy

her = he

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks starstarstarstarstar Wed 11/19/2008 10:37AM

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks

Saw Andrew @ 80-35 fest. in Des Moines this summer, very interesting show. Not a dance party by any stretch but good. Probably perfect for a small theatre.

If you havent checked out DOSH do, another very diverse musician, and one of Minneapolis's finest.

curtbraski star Wed 11/19/2008 10:51AM

curtbraski

House of Rules in New Orleans... sooo many better venues braski

KCReb Wed 11/19/2008 10:55AM

KCReb

It says Austin is the only solo show for this leg. Not sure if that's good or bad. I would love to see the full band again, but an intimate solo set might be incredible in its own right.

Robusto Wed 11/19/2008 11:21AM

Robusto

FIIIIIIIIIIINAAAALLLLLYYYYY get to see AB!!!!! Orlando baby!

Robusto Wed 11/19/2008 11:29AM

Robusto

Just bought two tics! YYYEEAAAAHHHHH!

silent9bass Wed 11/19/2008 11:38AM

silent9bass

No Midwest Love :(

Cola21 Wed 11/19/2008 12:32PM

Cola21

sorry that you don't have a show silent9bass, but speak for yourself about the Midwest Love...I got me an Omaha show! Birdman loves the Big O.

PooDolla Wed 11/19/2008 01:25PM

PooDolla

I'm sure my buddy Steve is flicking his bean after hearing about this.

fishbone1 starstarstarstarstar Wed 11/19/2008 01:39PM

fishbone1

Cola: midwest > great plains. I want another Canopy Club show! the last one was awesome in april 2007.

Jeff Kash Wed 11/19/2008 02:17PM

Jeff Kash

Nobody asked for the beast, we want the headro

SmashySmashy Wed 11/19/2008 03:16PM

SmashySmashy

KC - As much as I love Dosh (anticon whoohoo!), Andrew Bird solo shows are even better. He does even more interesting and intricate sampling because he is responsible for 100% of the sound.

weenhead420 starstarstarstar Wed 11/19/2008 05:36PM

weenhead420

Awesome, I have been waiting for something new from Andrew. I saw him at Wakarusa one year and his show made my jaw drop. Can't wait to see him in Atlanta, the variety is such a tight little venue.

WEBSHERIFF Fri 11/21/2008 06:11AM

WEB SHERIFF

Protecting Your Rights on the Internet

Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013

Fax 44-(0)208 323 8080

websheriff@websheriff.com

www.websheriff.com

Hi 'JB',

On behalf of Fat Possum Records and Andrew Bird, many thanks for plugging "Noble Beast" (street date 27th January) ... .. thanks, also, on behalf of the label and artist for not posting any pirate links to unreleased (studio) material and, if you / your readers want good quality, non-pirated, preview tracks, “Oh No” is available for fans and bloggers to link to / post / host etc via Pitchfork - www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/download/146200-premiere-andrew-bird-oh-no-stream ... .. also check-out the artist’s MySpace – www.myspace.com/andrewbird and www.andrewbird.net for details on “Noble Beast” and the artist’s 2008/09 shows … .. you can also view official Andrew Bird videos at www.youtube.com/andrewbirdmusic and, for details of further preview material and pre-release promotions, keep an eye on these official sources.

Thanks again for your plug.

Regards,

WEB SHERIFF

nomemory starstarstarstarstar Mon 11/24/2008 06:07AM

nomemory

lookin forward to the new album, and tour. last time I saw him was with a band, which was cool, but after hearing some of his solo shows on live music archive, I wish I could get in on some of that action. but I'll gladly take what I can get. last time I drove from tampa FL to Asheville NC, this time the drive is only two hours to orlando...to make the trip or not to make the trip...that is the question. Highly talented individual, great show...strange audience, but then the same could be said at any Dead or Phish show...so we can't go strictly by that, now can we? I guess I'm out of the loop, cause I have no Idea what DOSH or IMHO are...enlighten me por favor?

fishbone1 Thu 11/27/2008 03:56PM

fishbone1

Dosh is Martin Dosh, the percussionist/synth-player who plays in Bird's backing band. He has his own solo career, but I haven't heard much of his music. I really like what he adds to Andrew Bird's sound (compare Mysterious Production of Eggs to Armchair Apocrypha). But if you really want a true andrew bird experience, see him play a solo show! It seems like this tour will be him playing by himself. I haven't seen that in a while, so I'm bummed I can't make it. I would compare his fondness for looping to KW's. When they're alone on stage, they can do anything without worrying about stepping on another players feet in the music.