Xmas Jam Adds Harper, Hood

Christmas Jam Adds Ben Harper and Relentless 7, Patterson Hood & Robben Ford

Warren Haynes' Christmas Jam is pleased to announce the addition of Harper and Relentless 7, the Drive-By Truckers' Patterson Hood, Robben Ford and Edwin McCain.

Patterson Hood

Robert Kearns
Kevn Kinney
Eric Krasno
Edwin McCain
Mickey Raphael
& Many More

Schedule & List of Performers Subject To Change.

Tickets On-Sale Now Through Ticketmaster.com.

Tickets are $55 + $1 Facility Fee.

Warren Haynes' Christmas Jam Adds John Paul Jones, Daily Schedules Announced

Warren Haynes' Christmas Jam is pleased to announce that John Paul Jones will be joining the Jam. Other recently announced performers include Coheed and Cambria, Roosevelt Collier and Audley Freed.

The Christmas Jam lineup and day schedules have been posted below. More artists will be added over the coming weeks. Pre-sale Civic Center and VIP Ticket Packages are still available via Christmas Jam Ticketing. Tickets will go on-sale to the public this Saturday November 15 @ 10 a.m. via Ticketmaster.com and the Civic Center Box Office. Tickets are $55 + $1 Facility Fee.

The 20th Anniversary of The Christmas Jam

Col. Bruce Hampton
Robert Kearns
Kevn Kinney
Eric Krasno
Mickey Raphael
& Many More

Check out our coverage from last year's Xmas Jam here.

Warren Haynes Presents: The Christmas Jam

For its Twentieth Anniversary, Warren Haynes Presents: The Christmas Jam will expand to two nights for the first time ever and will take place Friday December 12 and Saturday December 13 at the Asheville Civic Center in Asheville, NC. As always all proceeds from the Christmas Jam will be donated to Habitat For Humanity.

INITIAL LIST OF PERFORMERS (listed alphabetically)
Allman Brothers Band
Eric Krasno
Joan Osborne
Mickey Raphael
Travis Tritt & Marty Stuart
Johnny Winter
+ Additional Performers, And Each Days Schedule, To Be Announced Shortly

Building on the tremendous success of last year's inaugural Christmas Jam By Day, this event will not only return with daytime concerts featuring many of the performers mentioned above as well as some of the best and hottest new bands in the country, an art show, and movie screenings, as well as the first Christmas Jam Comedy Show which will feature none other than Lewis Black.

All kinds of tickets, from VIP packages with t-shirts, Tote bags and hors d'oeuvres down to regular old single day tix are available; go to www.xmasjam.com for details. Public on sale begins November 15 at 10 a.m.

More information on Christmas Jam By Day, including a full list of bands, additional performers at the Comedy Show and all other details will be announced shortly.

Check out our coverage from last year's Xmas Jam here.

[Published on: 11/21/08]

Comments

Chaloupka starstarstarstarstar Thu 10/30/2008 03:36PM

Chaloupka

Looks pretty badass! But wait, Travis Tritt? Really? Isn't he a pop country star?

tuna1 starstarstarstarstar Thu 10/30/2008 04:02PM

Can't wait!!!! and it only will get better...whats up with travis tritt though??? screw it, two nights is going to be crazy!!!!!!!

vollostcom Thu 10/30/2008 04:07PM
damnisaidso Thu 10/30/2008 04:30PM

Just found out what I want for Christmas! Thanks Jambase!

Deadphishbiscuits Thu 10/30/2008 04:37PM

Deadphishbiscuits

Just not right, they are going to bring the house down and then donate the money to put the houses up! Excellent news, little to far away for me to attend but to all that do, boy howdie looks like a good ol fashion hootananny. A good show to one and all..enjoy.

fmills Thu 10/30/2008 04:59PM

It's a fantastic lineup. And for a good cause. I'm biased, of course; I'm from Asheville. But come one, come all to our fair city -- and here's some other comments, reviews and photos about the Jam from our little site too: http://blurt-online.com/news/view/1238/

Hope to see all of y'all there.

Mr. Brojangles starstarstarstarstar Thu 10/30/2008 05:34PM

Damn Wow! This line-up is pretty much right up my freakin' alley. I'm gonna have to try hard to recruit somebody to make the trip with me from Nash to Ashe. Ville, that is.

philhitz Thu 10/30/2008 05:43PM

i'll take tritt over franti anyday

philhitz Thu 10/30/2008 05:47PM

hopefully next tuesday nite will give steve earle a real reason to play 'the revolution starts now' -- this lineup does look tasty -- warren is the man!!! & it's for a great cause. :)

Ching starstarstarstarstar Thu 10/30/2008 11:53PM

Marty Stuart is a WORLD CLASS musician (mandolin) and is respected world-wide

some of you should do some research on Travis Tritt

gratefuldonj Fri 10/31/2008 12:29AM

gratefuldonj

i have no problem with warren bringing in some country acts into his show....as we all should know Warren played in David Allen Coe's band for many years so he has a country background and what the hell he likes to mix it up a bit. Nothing wrong with a bit of everything when it comes to warren. JJ Grey and Warren together are gonna be great also. Wanee last spring was great with JJ Grey and Mofro being there. Had a blast. Cant wait to hear these shows. Peace

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Fri 10/31/2008 04:28AM

this is a great line up. I may try to go to this one :)

mostly I love the fact, its old school hippies that attend.

I love that its not a bunch of stupid kids. sorry kids :)

lewiscipher Fri 10/31/2008 05:12AM

Fucking Johnny Winter! thats the shit

moeron99 Fri 10/31/2008 06:52AM

I'm no travis tritt fan, but he did play with the disco biscuits at the 2005 jammy's.

the Horse starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/31/2008 07:59AM

the Horse

Love it, the best fest/shows of the year, every year! Check out Ruthie Foster, she is amazing!

beadiamondsomday starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/31/2008 09:34AM

beadiamondsomday

im tired of hearing how great this thing is, so im going this year, excited!!!!! and that bisco travis tritt thing is pretty cool. guess he got chummy w/ warren i hope he comes out w/ other people

Road To Shambala Fri 10/31/2008 09:41AM

Road To Shambala

Great Line Up!!!! Wish I could go. Enjoy Ashville, great lil town.

jtaylor365 starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/31/2008 10:49AM

jtaylor365

I heard a rumor that the dead might play the xmas jam this year, and while I wish it were ture you can't be dissapointed with this great lineup. I'll see you there!

kaiserbun starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/31/2008 11:38AM

most people don't know it, but travis tritt can play the hell out of the banjo. most of you know him for his cheesy country songs, but the guy is actually a hell of a musician.

gmoo Fri 10/31/2008 11:56AM

gmoo

Looks like a fun time. I'd love to go.

PooDolla Fri 10/31/2008 12:02PM

PooDolla

How the hell does Franti get work? He sucks.

eask starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/31/2008 12:27PM

eask

how much do you think tix will be for sat night? $50?

tuna1 starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/31/2008 01:11PM

jtaylor i heard that the dead are going to play sat. night headliner and allmans fri.???????? hope this is true......

BehindTheMule Fri 10/31/2008 03:14PM

BehindTheMule

I really I hope I can talk my husband into going to this.... I love me some Warren!

Jimmy P starstarstarstarstar Sat 11/1/2008 02:44PM

Jimmy P

looks cool, wish i could make it. jus saw mule-o-ween in boston last night. the new bassist is pretty awesome. 2nd set was all pink floyd. freaking amazing!!!!

durazno Sat 11/1/2008 04:31PM

durazno

anybody have a clue about ticket prices? i neeed to know

Muffinman1 starstarstar Sat 11/1/2008 07:35PM

Muffinman1

This line up doesn't look as juicy as years past. Allmans and Mule will tear it up for sure though.

migus00 starstarstarstarstar Sat 11/1/2008 10:45PM
bongaroo starstarstarstarstar Mon 11/3/2008 11:02AM

bongaroo

I am soooooooo happy that the jam will be 2 nights, I doubt I'll be able to afford to go to both. Hope to make the night with the Allman Bros for sure!

Asheville for the win!

Heyguy1987 Mon 11/3/2008 04:38PM

This year is the best yet, by far.

BlowsAgainsttheEmpire Tue 11/4/2008 03:44AM

BlowsAgainsttheEmpire

"As always all proceeds from the Christmas Jam will be donated to Habitat For Humanity."

Bull. As always since 1999 only if my memory serves correctly.

I wonder if Marc Quinones will actually show up unlike 2000 when the "ABB" performed at the CJ? Also I wonder if Jaimoe will actually perform on more than half of the songs in the ABB set. At the 2000 CJ Jaimoe did not. Paul Riddle of Marshall Tucker Band played on the other half of the songs during the "ABB's" set. That left only two living original members of ABB onstage: Gregg and Butch. Derek Trucks wasn't there either in 2000. Good thing he is this time. And hope it is different this time too.

Warren Haynes please for the love of DOG invite Jack Pearson!!!

TheJuice starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 10:12AM

TheJuice

how did the jam by day thing work last year? Are they letting people come and go into the arena?

wjeremy26 starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/4/2008 11:40AM

Last year the Jam by Day was at local venues around town. Fri was at Stella Blue, and you by day tickets for that, and same with Sat. Mule played a short set at Stella on Fri afternoon and on Sat Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit played a 90 min or so set at Stella Blue, but they had about 4 bands each day at Stella. Also at Jack of the Wood they had different musicians com in and play acoustic sets, like Jason Isbell and Kevin Kinney. They were free. They were only at the Civic Center for the actual Xmas Jam. I assume it will be similar to last year, except it being 2 nights. We just kind of wandered back and forth between Stella and Jack of the wood drinking beer, man it was a good time. With this lineup and being 3 nights including the pre-jam, may just have to take off work after Wed and hang out until Sun.

Saw tickets were 55 per day at ticketmaster. Didnt see anything about 2 day passes and the pre sale info.

I think this lineup is as strong as it has been in the past, Steve Earle and Del McCoury are pleasant surprises. Dont really want the whole night to be the same kind of music, 05 was awesome with the Truckers and Serial Pod, not too mention Ralph Stanley, 06 kinda sucked with Dave Matthews and his fans, 07 was cool because it was a little older crowd with Hornsby, Frampton and Jackson browne. Last year Stockholm and Grace potter put on a great show. Adding the Dead will make this a badass 2 nights of music. See ya there.

henley3jay Wed 11/5/2008 09:43AM

Sixth year in a row for me. Hands down the best show all year......WITH TWO NIGHTS THIS YEAR!!!!! Not that the line-up isn't great now, my xmas wish list has john paul jones, clapton, or at least the dead on it.

wjeremy26 starstarstarstarstar Wed 11/5/2008 10:11AM

I just got 2 2-night passes and with the fees, 263 dollars. WOW!!! Damn, Warren, since its for charity couldnt you at least get rid of the 35 dollar processing fee and ship the tickets for free. 2 nights in a cheap hotel downtown, 200 bucks night. Ridiculous.

That said, gonna be a fun couple nights of music.

Kitty Begonia Thu 11/6/2008 01:09PM

Kitty Begonia

Wow, Warren and Johnny Winter? Awesome . . . .

Mnt Mojo Mon 11/10/2008 02:43PM

Mnt Mojo

Travis Tritt is great. He and Marty have both been rocking for a long time. Marty blew everyone away the last time!

Michael Franti is also going to be awesome. Can't believe people that put him down. They must not have seen him play. He brings it everytime. A pure channel!

wjeremy26 Wed 11/12/2008 01:07PM

John Paul Jones just announced. Sweet!

moephishH2O starstarstarstarstar Wed 11/12/2008 05:23PM

moephishH2O

I miss going to the Xmas Jams. Great lineup this year!

funkedup Wed 11/12/2008 05:33PM

funkedup

is anyone else as confused as I am to see COHEED & CAMBRIA playing?

Cola21 Wed 11/12/2008 05:55PM
tuna1 starstarstarstarstar Wed 11/12/2008 06:46PM

still waiting on the dead!!!!!!!

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Wed 11/12/2008 07:56PM

HoodooVoodoo

I heard that Warren is working on getting Pope John Paul IV to come too.

henley3jay Wed 11/12/2008 09:53PM

Don't know if anyone noticed, but I called John Paul Jones a couple of days ago!!!!! Can't wait!!! This is the concert event of the year in my eyes!!!!!

Hotchkiss starstarstarstarstar Wed 11/12/2008 10:32PM

Hotchkiss

just saw coheed and cambria last week. there are super amazing live! it's good to see such great musicians co-mingling.

Ching Wed 11/12/2008 11:02PM

ROOSEVELT COLLIER...diamond in the ruff...

Velt, Warren, Derek jamming

Lenox Thu 11/13/2008 07:33AM

Lenox

yea, that coheed and cambria did catch me off guard, but their studio stuff sounds like it would transfer extremely well into a live show if done properly, and that guys voice doesnt destroy the speakers.

Benjamin Human Thu 11/13/2008 07:37AM

Benjamin Human

coheed actually puts on a pretty good live show, and started with their third albumn they begin developing a very pink floyd spacey blues feel to alot of their songs. Plus theyre are all very solid muscians.

overall Thu 11/13/2008 06:01PM

overall

For those wondering about the inclusion of and connection to Coheed & Cambria, Gov't Mule's keyboardist Danny Louis has been a session player on three or four of their albums.

durazno Thu 11/13/2008 06:40PM

durazno

thanks for the fact OVERALL. i was wondering what the connection was, not questioning why. coheed and cambria are pretty good live actually.

tomartinvt Thu 11/13/2008 07:26PM

The Xmas jam site also lists Karl Denson as a special guess. I could go for some back door slam or grace potter and I am not gonna hold my breath but I hope the Dead rumor is true.

Muffinman1 Fri 11/14/2008 03:50AM

Muffinman1

The Dead Rumor is true. And I'm gonna put this out there, believe me or not, but I know somebody that works for a certain 2nd year fest in Mich., and he says the the Dead and Capitol P are headliners this year. But you didn't hear that from me!

Conjugal Burning Fri 11/14/2008 07:26AM

Conjugal Burning

^^ that certain Michigan Festie site is under construction, so lets hope you are right!!! Who bought double J?

Muffinman1 Fri 11/14/2008 08:28AM

Muffinman1

I would be just as skeptikal as you conjugal, and yo uhave no reason whatsoever to believe me, but just remember who you heard that from. All I know is what I told you. This dude was 100% correct on everything he told me about last years fest. I have no reason not to trust him. And you have no reason to trust me.

Muffinman1 Fri 11/14/2008 08:30AM

Muffinman1

Let's bring TOOL to Rothbury too while I'm on the subject. Sorry, last Rothbury talk on this thread.

Conjugal Burning Fri 11/14/2008 08:47AM

Conjugal Burning

My reasoning on trusting you is due to the fact that I WANT to believe you. And I second your wish on the TOOL note. Tool friday, Phish Saturday, The Dead Sunday, and The Mars Volta late night, on whatever night. I love dreaming... my bad for talking about the almighty roth, im just so freaking stoked and its only november

go370 Fri 11/14/2008 09:48AM

VoteTool, are you saying the Dead rumor is true for xmasjam or just Roth.

Muffinman1 Fri 11/14/2008 01:59PM

Muffinman1

No, I don't know anything about the X-mas jam. I'm saying they are playing Roth next year. Let's keep our fingers crossed. And Conjugal, that line-up sounds pretty dreamy. That would be the master of all festivals.

hedtrip starstarstarstarstar Fri 11/14/2008 02:57PM

dude, you guys are getting me way too excited about rothbury next year. if conjugal's setlist happened, that would just about be the perfect thing ever. just throw the cardinals on during the daytime with that great michigan breeze for two hours and we got ourselves a deal.

wjeremy26 starstarstarstarstar Mon 11/17/2008 10:19AM

Add Patterson Hood to the lineup. Awesome!!

brendan3 starstarstar Tue 11/18/2008 07:46AM

sorry guys but please can the festival talk, it's not even thanksgiving. we have all winter and spring to enjoy sweet little venues and listening to music the way it was meant to be listened to, intimately. just my opinion.

PS, i got phish tickets. sorry, i'm just really excited.

rainydayman starstarstarstarstar Tue 11/18/2008 04:46PM

rainydayman

woo hoo Patterson Hood

wjeremy26 starstarstarstarstar Wed 11/19/2008 01:56PM

Interesting post on Xmasjam.com

NEW ARTIST ADDITION ANNOUNCEMENT - 11.20 @ 5PM

We will be announcing a new artist addition for the Christmas Jam tomorrow (Thursday 11.20) at 5PM Eastern. We're pretty excited about this one, so check back then.

Wonder who it will be, if it makes them excited after the lineup already announced. Man I am getting excited for xmas jam this year, not long to wait either.

go370 Wed 11/19/2008 06:20PM

The Dead rumor could be true!!! Warren's other two bands are already playing. It is the 20th anniversary of xmas jam!!

tuna1 Wed 11/19/2008 07:45PM

THE DEAD!!!!!!!!!

tuna1 Thu 11/20/2008 03:03PM
rainydayman starstarstarstarstar Thu 11/20/2008 03:58PM

rainydayman

Saturday night will be insanely good. Seven acts. Ben Harper is great. I guess we can expect a John Paul Jones stage appearance while Harper covers "Good Times Bad Times."

TransdermalCelebration Fri 11/21/2008 09:47AM

TransdermalCelebration

edwin mccain? are you kidding me?

PubliusEnigma starstarstarstarstar Fri 11/21/2008 10:19AM

FRIDAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FRIDAY we want John Paul Jones cant wait just saw the brothers in char. with phil lesh and friends who were terrible but let me tell you derek and warren will send you to a place never been to before.. now add me some funk and a chick who can sing cant wait................

overall Fri 11/21/2008 12:54PM

overall

Warren and Edwin McCain go way back. This is the 20th Xmas Jam, and McCain's performed at almost every one of them. Check out the past line-ups listed at www.xmasjam.com.

irtimed starstarstarstarstar Fri 11/21/2008 01:23PM

irtimed

Anybody else see that Minneapolis Mule show where Patterson Hood came out and did Cortez? sick stuff.

BMBnc starstar Fri 11/21/2008 01:30PM

BMBnc

Does anyone have an idea when JPJ will show up? Saw him play with Mule at Bonnaroo '07. I definately dont want to miss that

tomartinvt starstarstarstarstar Fri 11/21/2008 02:10PM

^ I can guarantee you JPJ will be there on saturday with Mule and Ben Harper, but the guy just really loves to play music so I wouldnt be surprised if he was there on Friday as well. This line-up just keeps getting better I can't friggin wait.

PooDolla Fri 11/21/2008 02:21PM

PooDolla

Ben Harper and Relentless 7? Did the Innocent Criminals finally get convicted?

the Horse starstarstarstarstar Fri 11/21/2008 03:34PM

the Horse

Gonna be another great Chirstmas Jam, I'm telling you, this is always the best festival type show all year. This year will be no different. Every year people complain about certain artists and usually that is the person who kills it at the jam.

cUB_nAsTY starstarstarstarstar Fri 11/21/2008 07:21PM

cUB_nAsTY

coheed and cambria? this isnt the F'n warped tour

Ryan Sun 11/23/2008 09:12AM

Ryan

No, cUB_nAsTY, it isn't Warped Tour. If you want to know a further connection with Warren to Coheed and Cambria, C&C just finished a 4 night run of shows in NYC called Neverender. Since all of their albums contribute to a storyline, which tells of a kind of Star Wars-like space rebellion, they did one album a night, with a visual/stage show to give meat to the story. Warren Haynes was a guest musician on one of the nights of the Neverender shows. He was so blown away by their music that he asked them to come be a part of XMas Jam. I say right on...these guys have been mislabeled alot as emo or indy, when in reality, they ARE more like a modern day Pink Floyd or Rush.

YodaG starstarstarstarstar Sun 11/23/2008 01:19PM

YodaG

and Robben Ford!!! His blues licks and guitar chops are a holiday gift for sure.

the Horse Mon 11/24/2008 12:56PM

the Horse

Its interesting to me that The Lee Boys are playing at the Orange Peel on the 12th and Stella Blue on the 13th, but only Roosevelt is slated for the jam. That kinda stinks cause it is real tough to get a ticket to the pre-jam. The Lee Boys would be a welcome addition, a little sacred steel on the holidays would make me groove.

gratefuldawg Wed 12/3/2008 08:15AM

Yo! any one stayin' at the Renaissance shoot me an email at gratefuldawg@hotmail.com, I can save ya some money on the hotel......can't wait for the JAM!!!

hellsayer Sat 12/6/2008 08:34PM

hey all you's..just wanted to let you know the band i'm in, wayne robbins & the hellsayers are playing sat. at the emerald lounge, as part of the honorable "jam by-day" last slot before the jam starts..we've supported and toured w/ acts like My Morning Jacket, Band of Horses and Chris Robinson, so if you like that sorta thing, you might like us..who knows, we might have a special guest...jonas

www.myspace.com/thehellsayers