Asheville: Keller for Free

"JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ASHEVILLE" FREE CONCERT EVENT TO TAKE PLACE
ON LEXINTGTON AVENUE WITH KELLER WILLIAMS, EOTO and Josh Phillips Folk Festival

Keller Williams
MTN Roots Management, in conjunction with Greenlife Grocery and Asheville Brewing Company are planning a free concert, Saturday October 25 on Lexington Avenue in Asheville, NC. The event will feature Keller Williams, EOTO, Josh Phillips Folk Festival, and others. It is designed as a customer appreciation celebration for the loyal patrons and music lovers of Asheville.

To help give some relief with the high cost of living, Greenlife Grocery, Asheville Brewing Company, and Mountain Root Management are collaborating for a free event, a citizen appreciation party, for the patrons and citizens of the city that always participates, always gives back, and always moves forward. For this event, the locally based, loyally run Asheville businesses will come together to give back to the city of Asheville a free event featuring live music, local beer, and local vending to welcome the end of October and the end of the festival season. Wristband sales will go to benefit the local standard for environmental preservation in Western North Carolina, the Dogwood Alliance.

The event sponsors ask that the citizens of Asheville celebrate themselves. Rejoice in their consistent choice to support local economy. Take pride in devoting themselves to enjoying locally produced food, beer, and products, and forever continue to support locally promoted and produced music. This is a free event of true quality, given to the patrons of Asheville. Why? "Just Because You're Asheville."

[Published on: 10/3/08]

Comments

johnnunn starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 08:58AM

great idea for a great town! count me in!

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 09:12AM

HoodooVoodoo

They should do this in every city.

tron420 starstar Fri 10/3/2008 09:24AM
benlostforyears Fri 10/3/2008 09:25AM

benlostforyears

Thanks for always taking care of Asheville small businesses. We know that nobody else will help us out right now.

schofizzl Fri 10/3/2008 09:26AM

schofizzl

man that's a pretty cool thing to do. wish i was closer, i've had a hankerin' for some keller lately. after seeing him 3 or 4 times in a couple of years i got kinda bored with his show but lately i've been remembering just how unique and talented he is.

bring free keller to stl!

joda2 starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 09:43AM

THIS IS AWESOME. The 3rd weekend of October is when everyone wants to be here. The most beautiful weekend of the year. If you have never seen the leaves in full effect for AUTUMN come to this event....

ashellen Fri 10/3/2008 09:52AM

ashellen

Should be cool with the EOTO boys there if they join Keller.

fischstix Fri 10/3/2008 09:53AM

How about a lil keller at x-mas jam this year please

Armedaneian starstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 10:10AM

Armedaneian

Tron... you sound delirious. Are you OK?

linsbee314 starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 10:10AM

This looks amazing! And this is the best time all year to be in Asheville. Bring a good sweater though b/c the wind is fierce.

Yea, who's doing x-mas jam this year? Anyone heard anything?

And tron420, what the hell are you talking about? And how come every time they make an announcement about anything on this site, someone has to bring Trey into it? Are there no other musicians out there? Do you worship Trey like Buddha? Fuck!

rhythmic_randomness Fri 10/3/2008 10:13AM

Saw Keller 11 times and loved every minute of every show. Can't wait to see him again. Asheville is a really cool scene. Can't wait to play there, myself (maybe one day with Keller). PEACE.

tuna1 starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 10:53AM

great idea for a great city..anyway x-mas jam is going to be 2 nights this year for its 20th year. Warren has said in an interview "it is going to the best yet"... we can only hope!!!

gr8ful_deadbeat starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 11:10AM

gr8ful_deadbeat

Oh well ... no Asheville for me, but that's ok! I'll see KW in two weeks out here in Tucson/Tempe, AZ ... can't wait!!!

Kudos to you all in Asheville ... Enjoy! Cheers!

musicismylife starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 11:23AM

musicismylife

Yay asheville!! this is awesome. im psyched! Thank you keller and everyone else whose putting this together!

mmmFriedFrogLegs starstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 11:37AM

mmmFriedFrogLegs

free K-dubs show in asheville? nothing uncool about that. with EOTO too? hot damn . and a good cause ? awesome. good artists, good location, good cause, and an even "gooder"(yes i know this isnt a so called 'real' word) factor being it's free. really people go see live music or something

folly210 Fri 10/3/2008 11:57AM

Josh Phillips Folk Festival is a incredible band!

bongaroo starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 01:26PM

bongaroo

Keller and Friends / EOTO on October 25th in Asheville for the dogwoodalliance?

Great bands? Check

Great day? Check (A saturday show and my birthday of all days!)

Great town? Check (My hometown!)

Great cause? Check

I'm so very happy right now. So very very happy. :D

_Sugaree_ starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 01:57PM

_Sugaree_

very cool! wish I could be there!

1radioheader starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 02:54PM

1radioheader

I love my hometown. . . . . .

jesposito Fri 10/3/2008 04:13PM

jesposito

this is so cool! just another reason to move to Asheville!

shinjuku starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 04:25PM

shinjuku

nice, I was waiting for KW to drop md's and take notes from eoto. more solo k-whop, much love

MikeP Fri 10/3/2008 04:47PM

Couldn't resist...allow me to apologize ahead of time but.....Can someone please explain to me what there is to like about Keller? I don't mean to be a jerk, and I realize there's probably no other way to take this comment but, come on people. I realize music is a matter of personal taste but this is one that's baffled me from the very beginning. I am generally, extremely opened minded when it comes to all aspects of the arts...by no means an elitist when it comes to music. I've given this guy's stuff more than a fair shake and every time I bare witness to the spectacle that is KW, I can't help but stare back blankly in confusion and dismay. I realize that I can just choose to stay away, but I constantly find myself in his presence. The Biscuits for example constantly seem to involve this guy in what they do...I take an opportune bathroom break if he comes on but, really people, it just doesn't take me that long to piss and get a beer. I go out to see a great band and they pawn Keller off on me...very devious. What do these two "bands" (if you can call Keller a band) have in common anyway? I don't know...I'm sorry...just venting....pay no attention to me. I am also a musician...I play the drums and have done so for many years. That said, let it be known that my intention is to purchase a looping machine and take my act on the road so I can grace people with my quasi-interesting music and half-baked lyrics or raps I seem to spontaneously make up on the spot...and I'll gratuitously refer to weed now and then because really, does anything get a crowd more pumped?

futhepharmer Fri 10/3/2008 07:55PM

futhepharmer

watch his videos for even more quasi-fag moves

futhepharmer Fri 10/3/2008 07:58PM

futhepharmer

I especially like the one where he's roller blading around an empty Mr. Smalls in pittsburgh. DOING feyish ballet moves! and then there's the segment where he offends all asian people by doing an interview completely in fake chinese! stellar!

MikeP Fri 10/3/2008 08:08PM
phunkle starstarstarstarstar Sat 10/4/2008 06:11AM

phunkle

What a deserving city. I love Asheville! Hope to make it down. Keller is always great and I'm loving the new Josh Phillips Folk Festival disc. Would love to hear some of that material live. And Mike P you pobvioiusly just don't get Keller. He's not trying to write some deep material that will make you tink about your life or aything like that. He's about having fun and that's exactly what his show are. He would've enhanced a Bisco show for me. All a matter of taste.

Jeff Kash Sat 10/4/2008 08:40AM

Jeff Kash

I'm not sure why Keller is worshiped either, I'm not a hater, and I am open to his music. I just haven't found any of it very entertaining... yet.

dinkstar starstarstarstarstar Sat 10/4/2008 09:33AM

Josh Phillips is producing some of the most honest music on the scene right now. The Folk Fest will be the highlight of this event for me. EOTO kinda sucked @ the Trinumeral so hopefully they'll redeem themselves here. Keller is always better with the Keels.

kider54 starstarstarstarstar Sat 10/4/2008 09:44AM

So, nice to see all the love for Josh. EOTO was not up to par with all the other acts at tri-num, and now the Keller conversation. First time I saw him, I was amazed. This guy can play all these instruments well and loop them together live. Good times. I've chilled with him a few times and he's a great guy, but after seeing him at every festival for the last 6 years, its getting a little old. There is nothing new and amazing coming out of him, but he draws a crowd, and definatley not hatin on this event by any means. Would go to see Keller and the Keels or Keller w/ cheese any time I had the chance.

joda2 starstarstarstarstar Sat 10/4/2008 10:13AM

I am so excited about this thing. FREE MUSIC is what i need right.

Please Carpool, grab a few friends and pile in one car. split the gas and the music is FREEEEEEE

futhepharmer Sun 10/5/2008 10:00AM
futhepharmer Sun 10/5/2008 10:02AM

futhepharmer

Haha, typo time!

it was Trip and Emily's Farm. not fram. I wouldn't be caught dead in a fram!

MikeP Sun 10/5/2008 02:25PM

Never questioned whether or not he is a "stellar human being" futhepharmer. In fact, I would actually be as bold as to say that, as far as stellar human beings are concerned, his stellar-ness is vastly superior to most anyone else's. I don't like you trying to clarify your earlier messages. I thought it was you and me against the world. Fine then...rescind if you must. You realize I'm kidding, right?

In the future though, don't worry about typos. Be more concerned about your use of the word "stellar." It's almost as bad as "epic." Hah.

shinjuku Sun 10/5/2008 06:57PM

shinjuku

kys^

joda2 starstarstarstarstar Mon 10/6/2008 09:34AM

I just can't stop thinking about how perfect the scheduling of this event is.

Wear a sweater, but be ready for the most beautiful colors you have ever seen on trees. every year 100k people travel to the hills Of Asheville for the last two weeks in October and first of November.

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Mon 10/6/2008 02:39PM

RothburyWithCheese

Keller is both "epic" and "stellar". Come back to Austin.

Kindskatz starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/7/2008 12:56PM

Kindskatz

Do not miss the Josh Phillips Folk Festival.

and vote for them to win a slot at the Chicago Blues & Bluegrass Festival here:

word

oysteria starstarstarstar Wed 10/8/2008 10:06AM

oysteria

"I am also a musician... I play the drums... I can't do what keller does but I can hit that drum"

~ MikeP

harmonized Wed 10/8/2008 02:35PM

harmonized

Town Mountain just got added too! Going to be a great day!

djdirtyshirt starstarstarstar Fri 10/17/2008 01:38PM

djdirtyshirt

Josh Phillips is the man - the music that he and his band are putting out is beautiful

BaBomb50k starstarstarstarstar Mon 10/20/2008 05:26PM

BaBomb50k

EOTO OWMED TRINUMERAL!!! yall are crazy!! EOTO is playing the late night show after the Folk Festival... I will be attending both, then heading to knoxville sunday night for more EOTO see you crazies there!!!

BaBomb50k starstarstarstarstar Mon 10/20/2008 06:07PM

BaBomb50k

Just confirmed EOTO is playing at the festival too before keller so get there early!!!! then they rage late night a few blocks away at stella blue!!! YEAAAAA