Crowes Cancel Weekend Shows

The Black Crowes
The following statement was issued this morning by The Black Crowes:

We regret to inform you that the shows this weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, September 13 and Santa Cruz, CA on Sunday, September 14 have been cancelled due to an unexpected illness within the band.

Las Vegas will be rescheduled and all tickets will be honored for the new date, which will be announced as soon as confirmed. The Santa Cruz show will not be rescheduled.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this unfortunate situation may have caused. Stay tuned for further details.

[Published on: 9/12/08]

Comments

Him starstarstar Fri 9/12/2008 05:50AM

Him

" Get well, Get well soon, we want you to get well ! "

crowesfan Fri 9/12/2008 06:12AM

crowesfan

Maybe that cat needs a remedy. Sorry I couldn't help myself

psogator43 Fri 9/12/2008 07:28AM

^^^nice Seinfeld line

voodoochili12 Fri 9/12/2008 08:11AM

Maybe we can rock out when his cold is... "gone"?... no? no one?

matthau Fri 9/12/2008 08:52AM

Too much Hotel Illness??? Sorry, i couldn't help myself. ;)

Pipes3 Fri 9/12/2008 09:21AM

Pipes3

I wounder who is NOT sick tonight but knows that they will be sick Saturday and Sunday?

rp1guy Fri 9/12/2008 09:25AM
HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/12/2008 10:19AM

HoodooVoodoo

Ha ha...Yeah Pipes3. That seems a bit odd to me too. The article should have said "cancelled due to an EXPECTED illness within the band," not "unexpected."

bhoeber starstar Fri 9/12/2008 12:38PM
MAPofCALI1 starstar Fri 9/12/2008 12:45PM
RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/12/2008 12:51PM
n-1 starstarstarstar Fri 9/12/2008 01:26PM

disturbing the horrible grammar, and plain dumb comments we have, not the majority but more then there should be. and whats up with playing tonight and canceling future dates do to an unexpected illness? the logic doesn't work to me?

jerryil star Fri 9/12/2008 02:06PM

jerryil

I love the Black Crows, but I have to question this. Last year, a show was cancelled in Arcata because "the tour bus couldn't maneuver the windy roads." Yes, those roads are some of the most crooked around, but other bands make it there fine. Now they are canceling some more shows. Is it not convenient for you to come? What's the real reason? I'm losing faith.

HoodooVoodoo Fri 9/12/2008 06:16PM
iwantstogetfunkedup Fri 9/12/2008 09:45PM

Hopefully everything comes back together for their 5 nights at the Fillmore in December...That's a rockin' venue for the Crowes or anybody else for that matter.

iwantstogetfunkedup Fri 9/12/2008 10:14PM

Whoever is taking the time to thumbs down this entire post regardless of the comment is a fucking retard that is crazy bored...

voodoochili12 Sat 9/13/2008 08:21AM

I see why I got thumbed down. I wasn't implying no one likes the Black Crowes, I was pretending to be the guy at the party who makes a shitty joke, goes for the high fives, and shut down. So f it.

larry starstarstarstarstar Sat 9/13/2008 06:34PM

larry

For all the Crowes have given to our community. DAMN Thats all I can think right now. No I just thought somemore stuff.

I was lucky enough to grow up in an era that respected its artists and where grateful for the focus they brought to issues that where important to us as a community. A show was so much! I don't want to take anything away from the music, but when a heady band went on tour, it was a gathering of the freaks. I don't know what to think when I see people thoughtlessly attacking a band as deadicated to peace, love, truth and spreading the vibe, in a downright kickass style, as the Crowes are. I think some of this younger generation would rather be able to tell there friends what coffee shop the bud they are packing is from, then what they think about the eroading civil liberties and the continued murder of civilians done in the name of every member of this nation. How can you call yourself a Head, while you sit and complain, about a band that has given so much, for canceling a few shows for health reasons?????? Anyone remember what Taller means? It sure as heck don't mean whining about something without any respect.

I want to say to all the petty, me first , think later, posters; Do you really think they are full of shit? If you do send me a message to my myspace account(Badhat Larry or http:tourisintheheart)I would love to hear your "thoughts".

To The Crowes, Thanks for all the great music, live shows, ideas, insults,

and good times! Hope you are 100% soon. Stay Tall!

TheRoadDogg starstarstarstarstar Sat 9/13/2008 07:51PM

Good stuff Badhat

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Mon 9/15/2008 04:45AM

sniff, sniff

Jeff Kash Mon 9/15/2008 06:00AM

Jeff Kash

You mean they couldn't find a stand-in musician, to play the same songs that they play, every single night??????

Jeff Kash Mon 9/15/2008 06:00AM

Jeff Kash

Get well.

BNBWALTLWEED Tue 9/16/2008 03:49PM

I'M VERY DISAPOINTED. i'VE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME FOR THIS NIGHT. I HAD ROW G CENTER. IT'S NOT THAT SOMEONE IS SICK, WE ALL GET SICK NOW AND THEN. IT'S THAT THE MSG IS SHORT AND TO THE POINT..."we regret..."

YOU WOULD THINK THEY COULD HAVE PUT SOME EMOTION BEHIND IT. YES, THEY'VE PROVIDED GREAT MUSIC FOR YEARS- BUT YES WE'VE BEEN GREAT SUPPORTERS FOR THEM AS WELL...

reuben25 Wed 9/17/2008 12:32PM

reuben25

i wonder if its chronic diahrea

Widespreadphan222 starstarstarstar Fri 10/3/2008 01:33PM

Widespreadphan222

I am loosing hope for this bad...