UPDATE: Trey Tour Venue Change

Trey's Port Chester Show Moved To Roseland Ballroom

Trey Anastasio
Trey Anastasio's October 16 concert (the first show of his Fall Tab Tour), originally scheduled at the Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY has been moved to the Roseland Ballroom in New York City. All tickets originally sold for the Capitol Theatre show will be honored that night at the Roseland Ballroom. Anyone who cannot attend the Roseland show should email treytickets@rlc.net no later than Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at Noon Eastern to request a refund for the face value of the ticket(s). Full information about the new Roseland show is below:

Thursday, October 16, 2008
Roseland Ballroom
239 W 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019
Doors 7:00 p.m., Showtime: 8:00 p.m.

Tickets go on sale Friday, September 12 at Noon (Eastern Time). This is a 16 and over show. Tickets will be available at the Irving Plaza box office, select TicketMaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com, or charge by phone at 212.307.7171

TREY EMBARKS ON FALL TOUR WITH CLASSIC TAB

On October 16, Trey Anastasio will embark on an eight show Fall Tour with Classic TAB band mates Russ Lawton, Tony Markellis and Ray Paczkowski. Opening with a performance at the historic Capitol Theatre in Port Chester, NY, the tour stops at some familiar northeast venues including a benefit show for Seven Below Arts Initiative at the Higher Ground in Burlington, VT, before closing at The National in Richmond, VA.

Tickets will be available through a real time presale beginning Friday, September 5 at 10:00 a.m. (Eastern Time) and ending Thursday, September 11 at 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) at treytickets.rlc.net. Public onsales start Friday, September 12.

Trey Anastasio Band Tour Dates
09/27/08 Ryman Auditorium Nashville, TN (not TAB, Trey will perform with Orchestra Nashville)
10/16/08 Thu Capitol Theater Port Chester, NY
10/17/08 Fri Chevrolet Theatre Wallingford, CT
10/18/08 Sat Palace Theatre Albany, NY
10/19/08 Sun Higher Ground Burlington, VT
10/21/08 Tue Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel Providence, RI
10/23/08 Thu Orpheum Theater Boston, MA
10/24/08 Fri Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA
10/25/08 Sat The National Richmond, VA

[Published on: 9/11/08]

Comments

anonymous Wed 9/3/2008 02:40PM

anonymous

come out west trey!!!!!

Joshc104 starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 02:42PM

Joshc104

Just quit the day job for what will be two great weeks in October !!!

Broesau Wed 9/3/2008 02:42PM

no colorado dates? I still remember the first show at the Denver fillmore was these guys, best TAB lineup ever. Trey rocks.

ScIFreak Wed 9/3/2008 02:44PM
rider11 starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 02:58PM
Flat5 starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 02:58PM

Flat5

good to see ol Trey back out on the road! and Bubba, that's some funny shit ! just like malmsteen hahaha

mateotee Wed 9/3/2008 03:01PM

mateotee

Bubba, is BluntsnBisco your dad?

ClaysTribe starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 03:02PM
futhepharmer Wed 9/3/2008 03:04PM
mmmFriedFrogLegs Wed 9/3/2008 03:16PM
sccomike Wed 9/3/2008 03:21PM

Yes! I finally get to see Trey!

Flat5 starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 03:27PM

Flat5

look at that picture of Trey hes like " Hey guys! you just caught me working on some stuff, but hey, guess what , I'm sober! more music comin your way! All right! lets go!"

mateotee Wed 9/3/2008 03:30PM

mateotee

No, Bubba. He's not. Great comeback douche.

dballz Wed 9/3/2008 03:31PM

Really looking forward to the Nashville show! Wish he was playin with the TAB in the south so I could check that out as well.

davecoulierspet starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 03:41PM

davecoulierspet

trey looks like such a tasty piece of meat in that picture...i mean the phish song, meat. it's a good song. great, even. i happen to love it. i meant he looks as if, in the picture, he just got done playing with his meat. i mean the song. playing it on the guitar. the picture, of course. what i mean is, trey is delicious. i mean i want to lick him. i mean his licks. his licks are delicious. on the guitar. his guitar licks, i mean, are very delicious...sounding. of course, yes. and in the picture it looks like maybe he just got finished playing the classic phish song, meat. yes. that's it.

kirkbrew starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 03:45PM
C00lmike Wed 9/3/2008 03:49PM

C00lmike

Damn, no Midwest dates...

Jeff Kash Wed 9/3/2008 04:01PM

Jeff Kash

*sigh*

Get ready for the originals...

jbleiche Wed 9/3/2008 04:08PM

nice!!!!!!!! nice!!!! nice!!!! trey is god and i'm gonna be there to see him every night

Lord-K. starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 04:30PM

Lord-K.

Hmmm.. I guess Philly or Richmond aren't that far. I think it could be worth the 12-15 hours to catch the end of this run!

waa8 Wed 9/3/2008 04:31PM

waa8

Trey in Richmond!? Holy Shit Batman!

jamrad Wed 9/3/2008 04:58PM

jamrad

i love it! the haters really make me laugh. why don't you guys get a job and do something with your lives. anyway i was hoping for some west coast shows, but oh well.

TravlynnJoe starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 04:59PM

TravlynnJoe

Trey & Classic TAB, August 7, 2008, The Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY

Stream Audio of Trey Anastasio & Classic TAB in Brooklyn

Flat5 Wed 9/3/2008 05:08PM

Flat5

dave goolay ur hilarious

BobbyShortcutShows starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 05:41PM
EricTW83 starstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 05:48PM

I'm bummed there are no colorado dates, but it would be greedy of me to expect a huge Trey tour right off the bat. Let Trey get his groove back in his own way. A small NE club run seems like the first logical step. Bring back the horns!!!

BRabbit Wed 9/3/2008 05:52PM

BRabbit

Can i ask a question with out being shit on please? Is it possible that The Dead tour in 09 featuring guests, could play a couple of nights with Phish? Anyways Great job Trey all of us here are very proud of you. keep it real.

futhepharmer Wed 9/3/2008 05:54PM
chaseman Wed 9/3/2008 06:24PM

I think we may have just found the mystery headliner at Loki.

phishmann starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 06:40PM

phishmann

As long as its the bus and not Trey. Great news.

WLHart86 starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 06:55PM
JeffRad starstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 07:00PM
mikey5199 Wed 9/3/2008 07:23PM

Trey haters = treyters, can't wait to see big red in burlington! Hope it doesn't seel too quick

Todd Levy Wed 9/3/2008 09:20PM
iwantstogetfunkedup Wed 9/3/2008 09:44PM

I love Trey and also a longtime Phish fan. I just hate the song Shine...I mean it sucks...Hopefully that doesn't make me a treyter

BGsteveBG starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 11:11PM
BGsteveBG starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/3/2008 11:13PM
Sixmilliondollarman Thu 9/4/2008 05:37AM

Sixmilliondollarman

Treyter....thats some funny shit. But it makes a lot of sense.

johnnygoff starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 05:42AM
tb Thu 9/4/2008 05:44AM

tb

great to 2 see a show at legendary capitol theatre, and davecoulierspet comment is one of the funniest things ive seen on this site

Trippy14 starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 06:02AM
phunkyjedi08 starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 06:35AM
porkfritter Thu 9/4/2008 06:39AM

porkfritter

Ok, I'm ready, you can announce the Southeast dates now...

breadloaf starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 06:44AM

Great to see Trey employing the talents of local Vermonters Ray and the monster Russ. Trippy, I assume you know the Higher Ground- it will be worth every penny for such a small venue, I think, no? It would be really cool if Russ' tasty trio Honeywell opened, or his local buddies The Grift.

We'll see you at The Palace, too, Mr. Goff- afterparty at DiCarlo's gents club. Saw many a great Dead show in Utica in the day. Most of these venues are classic warhorses with great histories. Go Red, this is gonna be fun.

earlofkent star Thu 9/4/2008 07:12AM
panicpanicpanic! Thu 9/4/2008 07:25AM
Trippy14 starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 07:35AM

You're right Mr. Breadloaf. Higher Ground is a great place, with great sound and good people. It's just hard to imagine paying $50 to see a show at the Higher Ground, where most shows are $15-$25. Thankfully, we won't be seeing earlofkent at the show. Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah...

bumpandsway starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 08:41AM

WOO HOO!!! I'm ready to shake my bbbbbbooty!

johnnygoff Thu 9/4/2008 09:07AM

johnnygoff

so who's the hater thumbin us all down?

just because we are "Treigh"? what gives?

futhepharmer starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 09:40AM

futhepharmer

^^^^BGsteveBG...what a small, small human being you must be. You've insulted me with everyone of your posts, yet I don't recall resorting to calling you names ever. Sure, I can call names with the best of them, yet these postings are just that....postings. I was making a joke dude. sorry to hurt your feelings. really, I'm REALLY, REALLY SORRY to HURT YOUR FEELINGS....with a post! is there anything...anything I can do to make it feel better? Would you like me to call your Mama so she can kiss your bruised feelings? I will, cause I really want to make it up to you bro. I just happen to be in the market for some unintelligent, crybaby friends and you fit the bill to the tee. Please, PLEASE be my friend BGsteveBG! I promise not to joke on Trey anymore!

mickrod420 starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 09:40AM

Trey has made a tour announcement. This is good. Note, he put E-factory at the end of the tour. The only thing I hope is, he stays sober. Its gotta be hard to stay sober at the E-factory. In conclusion: If he makes it through philly sober it will be smooth sailings: I see phish in the distance.

EVILFUNK Thu 9/4/2008 09:54AM

EVILFUNK

MORE DATES WITH THE ORCHESTRA?

Breadloaf-are they really going to make super down old school b-town family like you pay at the Higher Ground?

breadloaf Thu 9/4/2008 10:28AM

Nope. But I'd like to think it would be worth it if I did.

breadloaf Thu 9/4/2008 10:40AM

I'm kidding- I think. Not family by any means. I'll probably plunk my hard-earned dough down just like everyone else and enjoy the show.

thehurricane23 Thu 9/4/2008 10:57AM

thehurricane23

Honestly, whats with the negative rankings on everyone? I guess I like to hear both sides of the debate, call me crazy... I think this could be a warm up before an announcement about Phish. As far as coming to other places to play, Trey can't sell tickets like he used to. Phish couldn't even sell out arenas out west (ie. Shoreline/Gorge-anyone could get a ticket) The last few times I've seen him in the midwest the crowd has sucked. Nobody throwing down and generally an overall bad vibe. I went to Phish shows because the music was a shared experience between the band and the crowd. The more into it the crowd was, the heavier the show. I think thats why a lot of the post-hiatus shows sucked. The crowd turned into a spectator like at every other act out there and the magic was gone! The only good show Trey's done in 3 years was the Atlantic City New Years run. I've loved Phish for 15 years, but if Trey's new material is any indication of the future, you all can have it. I'd rather go see Page play some funk instead of hearing bad love songs from Trey.

vollostcom Thu 9/4/2008 10:59AM

vollostcom

CHASEMAN...you think so...about loki? ive been wondering who the hell its going to be, i thought maybe yonder b/c they had a break that day in their tour, but i mean fishman will be there....

thehurricane23 Thu 9/4/2008 11:06AM

thehurricane23

Are you serious? If you actually believe Phish would EVER play a festival they did not throw, well I've got a bridge for sale. Yeah Im sure the hippies who own Deerfields have a few hundred thousand they could throw down to make up for the ticket sales....

vollostcom Thu 9/4/2008 11:12AM

vollostcom

i wasnt talking about phish you dipshit... i thought he was talking about trey and this band, i was thinking yonder b/c fishman would be there and all the stuff they have been doing together has been on point...

vollostcom Thu 9/4/2008 11:14AM

vollostcom

sorry dipshit was over the line dude, i totally agree with you on your last statement about the indication of treys new material....

adventuresinperception starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 11:16AM

adventuresinperception

looks sick, but for the record the classic trey band consists of:

trey on guitar, page on keys, gordo on bass, and fishman on percussion.

thehurricane23 Thu 9/4/2008 11:16AM

thehurricane23

Yeah I just get sick of hearing people say Phish is going to have their reunion at Bonnaroo/Rothbury/ect.

vollostcom Thu 9/4/2008 11:20AM

vollostcom

i hear ya dude, i am too, their festival maybe called THIS...or something cheezy like that but its not happening today and it sure as hell isnt happenin tomorrow or in the next month, so until then theres alot of good shit going around right now, so im kind of fed up with all this talk too, trey can go SHINE that shit on someone else...

mmmFriedFrogLegs Thu 9/4/2008 12:11PM

mmmFriedFrogLegs

whats with all the thumbs down people? i didnt see anything in the jambase community guidelines agaisnt humor. lighten up people, and for the record im a huge fan of trey , just pokin a little fun at him thats all

tonebeach Thu 9/4/2008 12:17PM

tonebeach

Pull your head out of your ass and quit being such a fuckin treyter! I must give credit where credit is do mikey5199 thats fuckin great. Trey+haters = treyters=bunch of fucking losers.

breadloaf Thu 9/4/2008 01:54PM

Has Trey written better material in the past? Yup, sure. But to insinuate that he has not played well for this whole post-Phish period or that we are all simply sheep for supporting him is so short-sighted and small-minded that it smacks of a high-schooler just coming into his own independence with the attendant streak of self-righteousness. Vote with your wallet, folks, go or not, but you had better be one hell of a musician to suggest that the man does not have chops. How many of us could mount the stage and look him in the eye and keep up with him? I continue to be baffled by the absolute love/hate relationship many of his fans(?) have with Trey. I honestly do not recall folks talking shit with such reckless bravado about Jerry- then again, the anonymity of the net is a powerful luxury- especially for powerlessness. This is supposed to be fun!

Wild Turkey starstar Thu 9/4/2008 01:56PM

Wild Turkey

$60+ service charges at the Palace in Albany, ridiculous! I guess claims of a recession are false. Gordon's shows have been incredible at less than 1/2 the price, que?

UseURHead Thu 9/4/2008 02:20PM

Wild Turkey- Where are you pulling that price f/ Albany from? The tix are $39.50+ s/c. Seems a fair price to pay. In fact, I'm surprised that they're not all in the $50 range like Burlington (which happens to be a charity event f/ the 7 Below Arts Initiative). Last time Trey toured, gas prices were half of what they are now and I'm sure those tour buses eat some friggin' gas. Can't think of many artists that have reached his status that charge under $40/ticket, especially at a fairly intimate venue like The Palace!

Mr_McDankenstein starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 05:37PM

Mr_McDankenstein

West coast please!

futhepharmer starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/4/2008 09:33PM

futhepharmer

I totally agree with mmmfriedfroglegs. You people need to get a life. I've been to over 75 Phish shows. I love Trey. ther's no one else who can do what Phish does, just as no one else could do what the Grateful Dead did (Dead reunions included, sure are fun tho). Trey has exposed himself to jest with a combination of 1: having to retire Phish because he/they were unpracticed and too drug addled (ie: they couldn't play more complicated tunes such as YEM or Divided Sky etc. worth a shit). 2. His need to become a more accomplished (read: popular) songwriter. 3. His recent encouters with the law.

I'll be going to the Electric Factory show for sure and hope anyone in the vicinity will go as well (tho the lot for that venue stinks).

and...I'll continue to have a good time at the expense of my heroes (when it's appropo!) and y'all should as well...ya know LIGHTEN UP KIDS!...peace the Pharmer

jimmyjetski starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/5/2008 07:10AM

Great weekend to be in Albany area 10/17-18. Railroad Earth plays Fri at Revolution Hall.

phish728 Fri 9/5/2008 07:16AM

damn those tix went fast.. anybody got an extra Port Chester??

Trippy14 starstarstarstar Fri 9/5/2008 07:38AM

No shit!! The Burlington Ticks were gone in about 15 secs. I'm a very interested seeker of anyone with extras for that show.

Jeff Kash Fri 9/5/2008 08:25AM
n-1 Fri 9/5/2008 09:34AM

port chester, is an odd pick. not many big names coming through this little once run down suburb. does no more presale mean no more tickets at all? the place is completely sold out?

n-1 Fri 9/5/2008 09:34AM

hey orange Gatorade your picture is juvenile.

n-1 Fri 9/5/2008 09:35AM

and i accidentally gave you a thumbs up

gkitt80 starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/5/2008 10:25AM

Got my Phila tickets just now, I cannot wait! Trey is the man, no doubt about it.

Trippy14 starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/5/2008 11:13AM

I don't think anyone ever said the Higher Ground is this great venue. But it is all we have and therefore we love it!! What it does have going for it, is that it's small, clean, has good people and good sound, and it's basically a bar that gets good acts. We wont miss you Mr. Gatorade?

breadloaf Fri 9/5/2008 12:45PM

Tell it like it is, Trippy. Easy on the tough stance, Mr. Orange; wagon-jumpers, huh? Did it ever occur to you that some of us "wagon-jumpers" have been going to shows decades before the Higher Ground even opened- you know, when Trey was in short pants? Why make such rash assumptions about who posts here? Like the man said, the Higher Ground is what we have, and we are deeply grateful for it. World class acts every night beats a lot of places I've lived in this country. Enjoy the venues of your choosing, they are just vessels for the music to happen, anyway, right?

Wild Turkey starstarstarstar Fri 9/5/2008 02:36PM

Wild Turkey

The $60+ came from a flyer a bud sent me from Albany, i will have to check the source. As for Higher Ground; Churchills, Toast, Halversons, and Metronome/Nectars had way better vibes (maybe not better sound). You cant fart in that place without getting booted! I am glad it is not my only option anymore, my sympathy. Anyone who gets to check out Red and the Boys have a blast, FAT TONY's GONNA GET YA!

Jeff Kash Fri 9/5/2008 04:13PM

Jeff Kash

I won't miss the smelly wooks, standing on top of each other, dripping in non-deodorized sweat.

makesensetome star Fri 9/5/2008 08:29PM

trey ......remember the encore at the good when you played with GRAB back in '06 i think it was? ....maybe you should

phhil starstarstarstarstar Sat 9/6/2008 09:49AM

phhil

cant friggin wait. rVa in da house.

mattland star Sat 9/6/2008 07:13PM

mattland

Not Trey and the Snoozeville Orchestra again.

Jeff Kash star Mon 9/8/2008 10:50AM
Rollin' Rosemary! Wed 9/10/2008 02:55PM

Rollin' Rosemary!

I honestly think im going to go to all of these shows because theyre so close to MA...

Rollin' Rosemary! Wed 9/10/2008 03:01PM

Rollin' Rosemary!

Wait.. before i invest on this.. Does trey play any phish songs at his shows?.. or is it always his chirstian jam shit?..

nugghupher Wed 9/10/2008 07:28PM

Hey thanks for the north eastern love. Trey always remembers his roots. too bad for u left coasters.

kirkbrew starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/11/2008 07:01PM

kirkbrew

I have it from a source in the band that this will be the reunion show!!! Be there!!!!

Chris starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/11/2008 07:40PM

Chris

it ain't the 90's anymore. his solo work may not be up to some of your standards, but it's how trey wants it done. embrace change, people. it's a good thing.

and for the love of jimminy, stop speculating and spreading dumbass rumors.

"If there is anything real to announce, it will come from the four of us as a group.

Until then,

Page"

C00lmike Thu 9/11/2008 08:28PM

C00lmike

I wish this update applied to me, because then I'd be going to see trey

jwbp Thu 9/11/2008 08:40PM

i haven't listened to trey/phish in ages. it'll be nice to have that sound back. i've always had fun seeing both. lucky northeast coasters.

thehurricane23 Thu 9/11/2008 10:51PM

thehurricane23

I just wish Trey was doing a Halloween show, weak...anyone have any suggestions? WSP/Galactic in NOLA, Lotus in Philly, G Mule, Bassnectar in Asheville, ect. decisions decisions.

jbleiche Fri 9/12/2008 07:48AM

6/8 nights baaaabyyyyy!!

nugghupher Fri 9/12/2008 11:01AM

i don't think so Kirkbrew phish is to loyal to their true phans and will not reunite as a foursome unannounced.. everyone though it was gonna happen at rothbury fest, they did teese us but no real phish

GRATEFULLY WAITING

Robusto Fri 9/12/2008 12:05PM

Robusto

I personally think Bar 17 is great. It's not Junta, but geez let the man breath.

BobbyShortcutShows starstarstarstarstar Fri 9/12/2008 03:28PM

BobbyShortcutShows

NO really treyters thats hilarious, if you would have said that on rec.music.phish back in say '94 we would have traded Squid for flax!

In more current terms TAB will be good but the whole point of west coast shows was that THEY DIDNT sell out! Hence why ill never go back to the midwest or east coast cause no matter how good the setlists are; the vibe or lack thereof was so pungent as to make one's nose oblivious to the fool's traipsing around in their faux hippie garb selling terrible shit at best. I needn't remind myself of the last Alpine run where fake people would not sell me a ticket to get in as they paraded around the lot never attempting to go in to the show! I hadnt EVER missed a show i went to EVER in damn near 12 years! So please keep your wackness back there and let trey cycle through his shows until he cares to play his heart out on the Best/West coast! I'll wait to waste my time with them when they get here!

Batteries Sold Separately

johnnygoff Sun 9/14/2008 05:47PM

johnnygoff

I HAVE CASH $$$$ AND ALBANY TIX FOR YOUR TREY HIGHER GROUND TICKET(S)!!!!

please help. johnnygoff42@hotmail.com

cheers.

musicscool starstarstarstar Tue 9/16/2008 07:12PM

musicscool

Palace Theater is gonna rock!!

nugghupher Thu 9/18/2008 09:57AM

whats up with the higher ground show .... Let us in bro.