Mickey Hart Band Tour

Mickey Hart Band Tour

Mickey Hart Band
Mickey Hart is enjoying one of his busiest years ever with multiple new releases, collaborations, and up-and-coming tours. Hart will be touring behind the Mickey Hart Band this summer with a lineup that is a dream team of some of the best musicians in the live music scene.

The 18 city tour this summer includes appearances at many of the nations premiere festivals. The outing comes on the heels of the Shout! Factory releases of The Mickey Hart Collection out this spring and the recent Rhythm Devils DVD release from Star City Recordings in early June. The Mickey Hart Band will feature Steve Kimock on guitar, George Porter Jr. on bass, Jen Durkin on vocals, Kyle Hollingsworth on keys, Walfredo Reyes Jr. on drums, and talking drum master Sikiru Adepoju. The tour begins beginning July 2 at the Southgate House in Newport, KY and then jumps to the Rothbury Festival the following day. The band will also make stops at festivals such as Summerfest in Milwaukee on July 5 and wraps up July 24 at 10K Lakes Festival in Minnesota.

The shows will feature the Robert Hunter-penned songs debuted by the Rhythm Devils in 2006 including "Fountains of Wood," "The Center," and Your House," in addition to Grateful Dead staples such as "New Speedway Boogie" and "Fire on The Mountain." Don't miss the opportunity to see these incredible musicians share the stage in what is sure to be one of the best Mickey Hart related tours in memory. The band is offering pre-sale and VIP tickets on the Mickey Hart Website. People who order VIP tickets will get an intimate meet and greet session with Mickey Hart himself!

Tour Dates

07.19.08 | Palace Theatre | Greensburg, PA
07.20.08 | Rams Head Live! | Baltimore, MD
07.22.08 | The Vogue | Indianapolis, IN
07.23.08 | Slowdown | Omaha, NE
07.24.08 | 10,000 Lakes Festival | Detroit Lakes, MN

[Published on: 6/27/08]

Comments

JenkemJay Fri 6/27/2008 03:43PM

JenkemJay

lose the girl she sucks at life

estmtdprophet Fri 6/27/2008 03:59PM

I'm sorry, but agreed, Jen Durkin brings nothing to this band and detracts so much.

thewormisgod Fri 6/27/2008 04:17PM

yeah she botched about as many lyrics as bobby with Rhythm Devils at the Warfield.

willydog Fri 6/27/2008 05:04PM

willydog

Kyle makes me smile :)

ClaysTribe starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 05:04PM

ClaysTribe

who?

uhoh Fri 6/27/2008 06:05PM

uhoh

how do you not know who mickey hart is?

psogator43 Fri 6/27/2008 08:24PM

why no georgia love...this saddens me

Tpetty starstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 09:40PM

Tpetty

Didnt they announce this tour like a month or two ago? anyway, im pumped for the free show in Buffalo...

rainydaywomen420 Fri 6/27/2008 09:49PM

rainydaywomen420

looking forward to this at rothbury the first night cause mickeys the man regardless, and i think it might be more of a treat with kyle fer shur. lovin that they got him rollin through the square back home if buffalo, always and of course free. and for anyone who doesnt know already the square is grate right in downtown in the park free shows all summer. mike gordon free show in august, nuff said

toeknee420 Sat 6/28/2008 04:22AM

toeknee420

I'm starting to like living 5 minutes from Penn's Peak....

Niiiiice!

rjd999 Sat 6/28/2008 06:29AM

KIMOCK!

kandrokitis starstarstarstarstar Sat 6/28/2008 08:42AM

kandrokitis

hell yea toeknee420. penn's peak is my favorite venue ever. i live about 15 minutes from it. they've always gotten good shows up there but the summer lineups never been this stacked. pumped for this show especially now that Kyle got added to the mix.

HoodooVoodoo star Sat 6/28/2008 08:58AM

HoodooVoodoo

Captain Spock and friends never come to my town. FUCK YOU SPOCK!

dlk2020 Sat 6/28/2008 09:47AM

dlk2020

Where is the make up date for the Wakarusa cancellation?

Ryan Sat 6/28/2008 10:04AM

Ryan

NELSON LEDGES QUARRY PARK!!! Trust me, folks, this is THE BEST venue in North America. Mickey will be hosting an on stage drum workshop with Sikiru, Giovanni Hidalgo, and Airto Moriera. Where else are you gonna get to jam with the Rhythm Devil himself??? And Moe., George Clinton and Wookiefoot....Are you outta your mind?!?!?!?

memissthedead starstarstar Sat 6/28/2008 10:11AM

memissthedead

I hate to bring the bad news but I saw Mickey at the Harmony Fest in Santa Rosa a couple of weeks ago…it was very sad. After a few songs a bunch of people began to leave but being the deadicated kind of guy I am I gave it a chance…Needless to say a few songs later and I was out…It was like a Calypso band at Disneyland with a touch of jam…. I felt like they where as inspired as a log. Its very unfortunate being I saw Mickey at the Obama gig at the Warfield and he looked bored and not interested.

During the Harmony fest he was all smiles but the music sucked!

Beware, consider yourself warned…Very sad. ?

wharfrat04 starstarstarstarstar Sat 6/28/2008 02:19PM

Personally I'm excited about this line up. I saw the Rhythm Devils prior to Jen Durkin joining and thought it was quite good. Granted this is a much different line up, and it might not be comparable. How ever Micky Hart,Steve Kimmock,George Porter,Sikiru Adepoju,and Kyle Hollingsworth don't suck.( Not really fimilar with Jen Durkin.I've heard her but not enough to make an educated decision.)So I think this line up has a lot of potential and is more then capable of making great music. I don't know how they sounded at Harmony fest and missthedead might be right. But one bad show doesn't make a bad band. Everybody has off nights and I think it's too soon cast judgment on this line up. At least for me. Granted my oppion is horably biased since the Dead,SCI,The Meters,and all of kimmocks various projects are all on the top of my list of favorite bands. So getting Micky,Kimmock,Porter,and hollingsworth togeather is ajust about my dream line up for a supergroup, if you want to call this that.

I hear people complain about Jen Durkins vocals but now you have Porter,and kyle hollingsworth to help provide vocals. So that gives them a bit more range and more material to draw from. I saw a setlist with Fire on the bayou>Fire on the mountain.And as deceiving as setlists can be I find it really intriguing. I am excited at seing new combos,new takes on old material, new material, and the melting of these artists diverse backgrounds. When I think of mixing the sounds of the GD,SCI,Kimmock,Meters,DBB, togeather wiht afrobeat and juju mucic I personally think of a good time, I might be wrong but I'm more then willing to find out. So thanks for the warning but I'm going to have to see for myself.

(BTW I hope this doesn't com across as an attack, it's not.)

Ps. this is really old news Jambase but thanks anyway, I'm glad this tour is getting exposure.

motonibur Sat 6/28/2008 04:10PM

motonibur

i dont know why anyone is saying that jen durkin sucks...my opinoin. she has a killer voice...might not be one for a grateful dead inspired, or cover, or tribute band but shes got a voice that is perfect for deep banana....but last year at vibes when i heard her with mickey hart band it wasnt one of the best performances ive seen...

toaster100 starstarstarstarstar Sat 6/28/2008 08:43PM

I last saw jen durkin with deep banana in 2000 and she killed it!!!! Everbodies a critic, but she can sing with power and soul. DBB with Jen was hot, definitly gonna check out the 10klf set for mickey, kimock and kyle. There is bound to be a few good moments that most posts here have no faith in....

dfrolicus Sun 6/29/2008 06:58AM

kimock goes well with everything

Jeff Kash Sun 6/29/2008 08:25AM

Jeff Kash

Jen Durkin sucks. She takes away from the music with all of her overrated screaming and yelling.

Chap420 Sun 6/29/2008 11:04AM

Chap420

People that come on here to bitch are a fuckin JOKE!!!!!! ...And they have no lives!!!

Chap420 Sun 6/29/2008 11:05AM
makesensetome Sun 6/29/2008 01:01PM

how can some of yall be so ungrateful....at least the man is trying to keep the fire burning...

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} Mon 6/30/2008 04:39AM
jjwood starstar Mon 6/30/2008 09:13AM

Sorry, folks, but I've seen Jen Durkin enough with Deep Banana Blackout and with the Rhyehm Devils to know she is a second-string bar-band vocalist who shrieks FAR too much and constantly takes away from the music. The fact she is in the band automatically makes me pass.

Chap420 Mon 6/30/2008 12:20PM

Chap420

Good for you JJwood less losers @ the show!!

River starstarstarstarstar Mon 6/30/2008 07:37PM

River

see all u kids down at the southgate for the debt show!!!!! with KYLE from CHEESE!!!!!

leftovercheese4u Tue 7/1/2008 10:43AM

Chicago date= FREE

Hell ya!! Give me some Kyle and Kimock. Oh and that Mickey guy too;)

ADORCHAK starstarstarstar Thu 7/3/2008 09:37PM

ADORCHAK

Hello? Walfredo "FUCKIN" Reyes Jr. MONSTER :)

MoFishwater Tue 7/8/2008 10:24AM

Hey all you haters! Mickey Hart and Jennifer put on one of the best shows of the weekend at Rothbury! Get off this website and quit bitching and go out see some music! George Porter Jr. RULES!

westmat Wed 7/9/2008 08:25AM

I saw them at rothbury and it was definitely one of my favorite shows.. and jen durkin rocked it out you people don't know what youre talkin about

Mason starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/9/2008 07:56PM

Mason

definitely the highlight of my rothbury, kyle kept things cheesy, kimock is the man, and jen durkin was phenomenal...

tbird Thu 7/10/2008 10:23AM

tbird

i just saw the saw the band and it was sooo sick! all killer!

Smiles85 starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/23/2008 03:48PM

Cant wait for the show tonight!!!

: )

Gr8fulred starstarstar Sat 11/15/2008 11:48AM

This is a response to memissthedead i saw them at harmony fest it was grade A performance like what im used to from Phil and Friends, but shit they played three new songs i never heard before, porter was good, kimock was good, and i think mickey should leave the singing to jen