Widespread Panic Day in Denver

MAYOR JOHN HICKENLOOPER PROCLAIMS "WIDESPREAD PANIC DAY" IN DENVER

At the end of Widespread Panic's sold-out run this weekend, the band will have played 32 Sold Out shows at Red Rocks Amphitheatre - more than any other band in the venue's history. Red Rocks officials will honor the band with a special award presentation, and a mayoral proclamation calling Friday, June 27 "Widespread Panic Day" in the City and County of Denver.

Read more at Rocky Mountain News.

Widespread Panic is on tour now, dates available here.

[Published on: 6/27/08]

Comments

ClaysTribe starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 11:16AM
sunnbear starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 11:18AM

sunnbear

Happy Widespread Panic Day everybody! Does Hallmark have a card for this?

Lord-K. Fri 6/27/2008 11:21AM

Lord-K.

Let the thumbs down begin but I thought that was 9/11

id rather be phishing Fri 6/27/2008 11:22AM

id rather be phishing

Good for them, they deserve it. Another day to celebrate on the calendar ha

breckenridgejam starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 11:24AM

breckenridgejam

Everyday is a Widespread Panic Day for me... See y'all at Red Rox on a couple hours, WHOOO HOOO!!!

AintNoFreedom starstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 11:33AM

AintNoFreedom

larrydurango... tasteless? sure. witty? yes.

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 11:42AM
MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 11:44AM

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks

Man I wish I was @ Red Rocks right now. Work sucks

Brooklynn starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 12:03PM

Brooklynn

I'm off from work in 20... heading up to red rocks..whooohooo!!! happy panic day!

tourfan starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 12:22PM

ALL LLLLLLLL GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thehurricane23 Fri 6/27/2008 12:24PM

thehurricane23

So is everyone going down to Morrison and taking the town over ala Phish? HAHA. It'd be fun to catch those shows but I'll be out there for the Mule in august if all goes as planned. "This is Red Rocks, this is the edge."

thehurricane23 Fri 6/27/2008 12:24PM

thehurricane23

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDERRRRRRRRRRR!

thehurricane23 Fri 6/27/2008 12:25PM

thehurricane23

I cant WAIT for ALLGOOD, the BEST fest left.

j-bizzle Fri 6/27/2008 12:27PM

j-bizzle

Alright - New Year's in Denver it is.

panicpanicpanic! starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 12:36PM

panicpanicpanic!

^^word

chuckus starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 12:45PM

I love seeing one of my favs get this kind of recognition. Getting this nod from THE major metropolitan hub of the intermountain west just shows how far they've really come over the years and how the respect for this caliber of band sorta filters through all walks of life.

manlejo starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 12:47PM

Ha! Colorado's cool.

manlejo Fri 6/27/2008 12:48PM

p.s. I'ma miss it, but I'm jealous of anyone going to see the Black Keys > MMJ show at Red Rocks. Good times had by all!

Shmo-Kaine starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 12:58PM

Shmo-Kaine

Congrats to them... It will be a great show I'm sure! Isn't it about time for RickyMullet to mke some dumbass comment about JB?

ScIFreak Fri 6/27/2008 01:27PM

ScIFreak

Cewwwwwwwwwwlll!

phreak89 starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 01:29PM

phreak89

One more reason why I love my home state of Colorado. I'm not a huge Panic fan but this is cool as shit either way. Gonna finially be going back in August, to my sweet home Colorado!!!

Hippie_RN Fri 6/27/2008 01:33PM

Hippie_RN

way to go mayor hick! happy wsp day and see ya on the rocks!

LuvMuscle777 starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 01:39PM

hooray Panic!

ymsb_sts9 starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 01:56PM

HAPPY WIDESPREAD PANIC DAY!!!

Now, whats up with Panic playin Denver NYE??? - Can't be the Filmore -

Yonder has been getting that venue for the past few years now.

PLEASE fill me in on what peoples been hearin on the street.

JenkemJay star Fri 6/27/2008 03:28PM
blower starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 03:34PM

Go boys!! HAPPY PANIC DAY!

LuvMuscle777 Fri 6/27/2008 04:05PM

ymsb_sts9 word on the street is the pepsi center

fnghhhh starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 07:30PM

if panic doesn't play atlanta for nye, i will be livid. they have to play atlanta on nye, atlanta never gets any love from panic during the year. its all south middle of nowhere bumblefuck georgia.

nevertheless - happy panic day!

tgratefulapple Fri 6/27/2008 07:40PM

tgratefulapple

they should make june 28th bisco sucks day

teachu2 starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 08:39PM

teachu2

I really need to move to Colorado. Cograts WSP.

rainydaywomen420 Fri 6/27/2008 09:39PM

rainydaywomen420

thats a damn brilliant idea theyve concocted out there in big beautiful CO. only further appeal for this yankee

crowesfan starstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 09:43PM
ReeDiddy starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 10:33PM

ReeDiddy

32 is more sellouts than a lot of other bands. that includes phish and chumbawamba combined. please play chunk of coal @ Rothbury!

Rickymullet starstarstarstarstar Sat 6/28/2008 07:34AM

Rickymullet

YES!!These guys really bring on the heat!!!!

The 2nd coming of the dead with excellent songs & vocals!!!

I just quit my job for this heat..

flygolf Sat 6/28/2008 07:45AM

flygolf

crowesfan--- care to elaborate why WSP is the "most overated band in the jam scene today"?

I believe they've shared an incredible career with a loyal fan base, which continues to grow. Their impact on the jam scene is undeniable! I'll admit I often get bored during their drum solos, but just like a slow Phish song it's always a great time to make a quick run to the porto's.

Congrats! Well deserved indeed.

Jeff Kash Sat 6/28/2008 09:12AM
teachu2 Sat 6/28/2008 09:32AM

teachu2

Likewise, I am wondering why anyone would consider WSP the "most overated band on tour".? Perplexed??

Fyrepower Sat 6/28/2008 12:34PM

The next logical step is to rename Vermont "Phish"

JDMethod star Sat 6/28/2008 01:54PM
phish0 starstarstarstarstar Sat 6/28/2008 02:38PM

phish0

It seems as though some of you guys are as exclusive and arrogant as those frat boys that you talk about. Isn't the point of this music....ummmm. the music and not who listens to it???? How about we all just log on to Jambase and down every article that we dont like. YAY FOR ELITISM!!!! Get over your selves. Some hippies fucking suck!!!!

pinkjimi5402 starstarstarstarstar Sat 6/28/2008 04:15PM

Hey everyone. hope ur havin a great time at the shows. looking for a ride to sunday show from uptown/cap. hill. cannot leave til' 2:15. anybody that can help? baileyb5402@gmail.com

Mark Price former NBA star Sat 6/28/2008 11:57PM

Mark Price former NBA star

Panic rules, so if you don't like them then screw off and have fun jackin it to a bunch of Nickel Back lovin fools. P.S. LarryDurango is a tool, and like to suck a bunch of cock

Lord-K. Sun 6/29/2008 07:56AM

Lord-K.

^-me love you long time

Grateful Dread Sun 6/29/2008 08:36AM

Grateful Dread

Nice, it is now possible to walk down the streets of a major American city on Widespread Panic Day with up to an ounce of decriminalized ganja in your pocket. That's the shit.

jackstraw1984 Sun 6/29/2008 11:17AM

jackstraw1984

I think to answer the question about them being overrated, i'll just say that I've been referring to them as Jimmy & Friends for a while now...these guys haven't done anything original since Mikey died.

Chap420 Sun 6/29/2008 11:53AM

Chap420

Jackstraw Have some respect for these guys! You toss major salad!

rowena004 Sun 6/29/2008 04:48PM

rowena004

Calling Rickymullet- I would have expected about 7 more posts from ya...I mean THIS IS an actual board for people to post thoughts about Panic or more importantly YOU AND J.B.- Youve littered every other board with comments about J.B. "bringin tha heat"- We got it now-

Jimmy saves the day!

rowena004 Sun 6/29/2008 05:04PM

rowena004

Oh and does Denver Panic Day fall on the same day as Denver Ole Miss Frat Party Day? Panics good...not hatin on them-

Rickymullet starstarstarstarstar Sun 6/29/2008 05:59PM
rowena004 Sun 6/29/2008 06:36PM

rowena004

Dog it seems like everyone but you discovered Panic years ago- Every comment you throw out there is "JB and the boys bringin heat"- Page's Letter..."thats great...maybe Phish will get with JB and the boys and bring the heat"- Tribe's Soundblaster..."No electricity- Just bring in JB and the boys- No better band for acoustic classics"- I know Panic's sound- 99% of the people on here know Panic's sound- Its just weird that EVERY post of yours involves Panic-

Sorry to juke up everyone elses space here-

honeynutt Sun 6/29/2008 08:54PM

honeynutt

Happy Panic Day! Thats AWESOME! AND where is everyone getting this WP NYE Denver thing.... is this just a Terrible rumor? If I lived in Co it would be great but Atl being home this is terrible news... with RR now under wraps and the snowmass shows it would be ridiculous for a Co NYE! With no Roxy show this yr I say Fox in Atl Dec 28 29 30 31! holla!!

Rickymullet starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/1/2008 09:28AM

Rickymullet

OK we all know that Widespread bring on the heat but dude..they REALLY bring on the heat~!!

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/1/2008 12:26PM

MyFavBandIsTheBestYoursSucks

bring the heat, bringin the heat, are the heat, is the heat = lame

rock your face, melt your face = also lame. Please god make it stop.

By the way: Widespread Panic is one of the best if not the best band touring right now, but the last few albums have not impressed. What happend to every song on every albume being great?

Rickymullet starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/1/2008 04:52PM

Rickymullet

Every song on every album, every song in every show. Nothin' but facemeltin', flamin, grilled HEAT!!

I just love groovin to JB & The Boys. lalalala

kmhinman starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/2/2008 08:45AM

kmhinman

What is the deal here folks? Why do people take the time out to make rude comments about Panic? If you don't like them then don't but why put the effort into insulting them. I don't like Phish but I don't make efforts to insult them. Oh and why throw in the Ole Miss bash. This is just sad. If Panic sucks so bad then why have they sold out Red Rocks, Chicago and Atlanta so many times? Well at least we don't have to worry about you negative folks ruining our good time at the shows!

Tony8 Wed 7/2/2008 12:37PM

Tony8

I live everyday is if it were Widespread Panic day

hotphishtrish starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/2/2008 12:54PM

Go Panic!! Panic Rocks!!

Broesau starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/2/2008 03:35PM

Fuck the haters, Panic is the shit and will still be around when all these other bullshit jamtronica and noodler acts are a fart in the wind. I think we should declare this a national holiday. See you on New Years in the pepsi can.

krazykind starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/3/2008 10:15AM

krazykind

Thanks Waker couldn't have said it better myself!!!

dfrolicus Mon 7/7/2008 08:51AM

Im moving to a town where Hickenlooper calls the shots

mkane Mon 7/7/2008 10:49AM

Can anyone recall the last time Phish played Red Rocks? 1996. And then banned. Compared to Widespread Panic with 32 consecutive sellouts since 1998(?). Anyone dissing WP has alot to learn.......

Bowlegged Texan Thu 7/17/2008 10:33AM

Bowlegged Texan

June 27th is my birthday, and I was lucky enough to catch that weekend of amazing music. Nothing more special than a heroes opener and a scathing vampire blues on your birthday! Throw in a slow porch, sandwich pigeons in between a fat low spark and you've got an unforgettable evening. I love all the fans, all are welcome to come party panic in my book. After all, I was a goddamn noob my first show too...

Related Goods