Kanye Comments on Bonnaroo

Kanye Comments on Bonnaroo Debacle

The morning after Kanye West's disappointing (and highly delayed) late night performance at Bonnaroo, fans were so upset a slew of home made shirts reading: "Fuck U Kanye" began to appear. Eleven days after the debacle West has addressed the masses with a statement from his blog.

What follows is word for word (including caps, poor punctuation, messed-up spacing and bad grammar) from www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog. Anyone remember his crying at the MTV Music awards?

Post-Kanye t-shirt :: Bonnaroo '08
By Rod Snyder
I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall... Why???? I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay or people say I run my mouth to much, But this Bonnaroo thing is the worst insult I've ever had in my life. This is the most offended I've ever been... this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!! Call me any name you want.... arrogant, conceited, narcissistic, racist, metro, fag whatever you can think of.... BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL! THIS SHOWS NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING THERE WILL BE PEOPLE THERE TO LIE ABOUT YOU AND BRING YOU DOWN! LIKE WAYNE SAYS PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME DOWN CAUSE I'M FLYING! I'M FUCKING HURT BY THIS ONE. ALL I CARE ABOUT ARE THE FANS. JUST SAY THIS OUT LOUD IN A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLE, "KANYE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GIVING A GOOD PERFORMANCE." CAN ANYONE HONESTLY SAY THAT ????????? HAS ANYONE EVEN TAKEN THE TIME TO AT LEAST DO THE MATH??? BONNAROO SHOULD HAVE RELEASED A STATEMENT IN MY DEFENSE BUT SINCE THEY HAVEN'T LET'S BREAK DOWN THE WALLS ON THIS TRUMAN SHOW AND LET YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY OCCURRED!!! FOR OVER A MONTH WE WENT BACK AND FORTH ON WETHER OR NOT WE COULD EVEN FIT MY STAGE AT THE FESTIVAL. ONE DAY THEY WOULD SAY YES... WE'D SEND THEM OUR SPECS THEN THEY THEY'D SAY OK... THEN THEY WOULD SEND SPECS BACK THAT DIDN'T FIT THE STAGE. WE WERE OBVIOUSLY DEALING WITH FUCKING IDIOTS WHO DIDN'T REALLY HAVE THE CAPACITY TO REALLY PUT ON THIS SHOW PROPERLY. THEY TRIED 2 GIVE ME A TIME SLOT WERE IT WAS STILL LIGHT OUTSIDE ... I HAVE A FUCKING LIGHT SHOW DUMB ASS, IT'S NOT CALLED GLOW IN THE DARK FOR NO REASON SQUID BRAINS! MY PEOPLE WORKED OUT A COMPROMISED STAGE PLOT AND A 3AM TIME SLOT AND I AGREED. FAST FOWARD TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. MY PRODUCTION MANAGER TRIED TO LOAD IN FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE I WENT ON STAGE BUT THE FESTIVAL WOULDN'T ALLOW US TO DO ANYTHING UNTILL PEARL JAM LEFT THE STAGE. PEARL JAM ENDED ONE HOUR LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT THAT POINT WE'RE RACING AGAINST THE SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT 4:20AM DON COMES BACK 2 THE BUS AND TELLS ME, " IT WOULD TAKE 45 MORE MINUTES TO PUT ALL YOUR PYRO IN!" I SAY I HAVE TO GET OUT THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE . I HIT THE STAGE AND PEOPLE HAD BEEN THROWING SHIT ON THE STAGE AND HAD ACTUALLY HIT THE JANE SCREEN WITH, I GUESS BOTTLES OR SOMETHING AND HAD BROKEN MY FUCKING SCREEN. REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A SHORTY AND WATER WOULD HIT THE TV?????? WHEN I GOT 2 "THROUGH THE WIRE" I STEPPED ON THE FRONT PART OF MY STAGE AND THERE WAS SO MUCH LIQUID ON THE STAGE I COULDN'T MOVE WITHOUT SLIPPING. I HAD TO ADJUST MY WHOLE PERFORMANCE STYLE BECAUSE OF IT. A FEW MORE SONGS IN AND THE SONG WAS ON IT'S WAY UP.. I CUT A FEW SONGS FROM THE SET BECAUSE I WANTED PEOPLE 2 EXPERIENCE STRONGER WHILE THERE WAS STILL SOME DARKNESS TO PERFORM IT IN. I'VE STRUGGLED WITH STRONGER FROM IT'S CONCEPTION. REMEMBER LAST SUMMER WHEN I CANCELED SOME TV APPEARANCES. IT WAS BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO PERFORM STRONGER IN THE DAYTIME. ANYONE WHO CAME TO THE GLOW TOUR CAN UNDERSTAND WHY I WANTED PEOPLE TO SEE IT PROPERLY. IT BROKE MY HEART THAT I COULDN'T GIVE THESE FANS STRONGER IN IT'S GREATEST FORM... BY THE TIME I GOT TO STRONGER IT WAS DAYTIME AND IT BROKE MY HEART. I'M SORRY TO EVERYONE THAT I DIDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY 2 GIVE THE PERFORMANCE I WANTED TO. I'M SORRY... SOMETIMES I GO 2, 3 DAYS W/O SLEEP WORKING ON MY PERFORMANCE... I HAVE TO ICE MY KNEES AFTER EVERY SHOW AND THEY HURT WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE AIRPORT... HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF... CALL ME WHAT YOU WANT BUT NEVER SAY I DIDN'T GIVE MY ALL!!!

And if you want to relive the fun of Kanye melting down backstage at the MTV Music Awards enjoy this clip:

[Published on: 6/25/08]

Comments

discomcgee Wed 6/25/2008 09:47AM

discomcgee

quit ur bitching

Lakai Wed 6/25/2008 09:48AM

Lakai

LOL @ all caps I mean really? it makes you seem like a asshole that is also retarded.

Marcsmall Wed 6/25/2008 09:48AM

Marcsmall

Squid brains....i'll have to remember that one.

garrettgsell starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 09:50AM

garrettgsell

The highlight of his career was when he said that "President Bush doesn't care about black people" on national tv following the hurricane katrina. Other than that is he a piece of shit.

gotti3 Wed 6/25/2008 09:51AM

gotti3

kanye is just a tool. It only shows the degrace bonnarPoo has became if your a great performer go on with out all the stage lights and energize the crowd with your music or can't kanye do that

nicholas1 Wed 6/25/2008 09:52AM

tell phil your sorry, ps thats what you get bonnaroo!

frinkazoid Wed 6/25/2008 09:55AM

frinkazoid

BOOO FRIKITY HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkBC starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 09:57AM

MarkBC

"As we all know, Kanye West was a surprised guest at Hot 107.9's Birthday Bash on Saturday night. What we didn't know it that Kanye was scheduled to perform at a festival called Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN. Kayne was scheduled to hit the Bonnaroo stage at 8:45pm Saturday night but didn't get there until 4:25am!!!!!!!! Read the report below from the Access Atlanta!!! It's hilarious at the bottom where they say that Kanye's people didn't return a request for comment. WHAT COMMENT?!?!?! Kanye's @ss was at Birthday Bash!!!!!!!!"

JoeyTheFoot Wed 6/25/2008 09:57AM

JoeyTheFoot

What a moron....He shouldn't have even been on the Roo lineup. I'm with Marc though, I did enjoy "squid brains"...

linsbee314 Wed 6/25/2008 09:59AM

Well, maybe if you would've downplayed your fancy fucking stage, you could've made your time slot! Don't tell me every band at Bonnaroo can follow one after the other, with only an hour or less to switch out gear, and you, best-fucking-artist-in-the-world-Kanye, couldn't make it happen.

I was there, I was waiting for your fancy ass in the cold until sunrise, I missed Phil and Sigur Ros waiting to see what all the hype was about. And you know what Kanye, it sucked! Your music sucked! Your dancing sucked! Your attitude sucked! Your fancy fucking light show sucked!

But I'm not just mad at you Kanye, I'm mad at myself for being so stupid to think some hyped-up MTV hero could top anything else at Bonnaroo. And I'm super freaking pissed at Bonnaroo for giving you so my hype, teasing us all night with "Kanye will start at 3:15...Kanye will start at 3:30..." and holding our tired, cold asses there.

Kanye, you tried and you failed! You had the opportunity to turn 80,000 people onto your hyped-up bullshit, and you failed! Don't blame us for hating on your shitty show! Blame yourself and that disgusting ego!

chaseman starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 09:59AM

It's cool, Kanye. All you had to do was say, "Sorry, our stage is taking longer than we expected." Or.. "Ricky Skaggs hit me with his tour bus." Shit, man, anything would have been acceptable at that point. But, you just went up and did your show. Shoulda brought Kweli out, when at the end of his set, he said "play that one so we can go check out Kanye" (referring to "Get By").

moejoerisin Wed 6/25/2008 10:01AM

moejoerisin

i said this in the forums already, but the fact that he has to say "Mac Book Air" instead of laptop just shows this guy's ridiculous nature.

Lord-K. Wed 6/25/2008 10:01AM

Lord-K.

College Dropout indeed

phishluvr star Wed 6/25/2008 10:03AM

phishluvr

Quick, someone call the WHAA-mbulance.

peterp Wed 6/25/2008 10:04AM
Tpetty starstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:05AM
MoeString star Wed 6/25/2008 10:05AM

MoeString

THIS ARTICLE MADE HIS CASE WORSE.

IM ON A KNAYE BOYCOT AFTER B-ROO.

NO KNAYE FOR ME EVER!

fiveyrold starstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:07AM
ByrnzC Wed 6/25/2008 10:07AM

Is he really more angry about people talking shit about him than he was about Katrina and Bush hating black folks? Seems a bit shallow if that's the case. Anyway, any artist or band that requires an extravagant stage show (Flaming Lips anyone) is just masking their lack musical talents and charisma. He really does sound like a crybaby. He's an artists. Can he really bitch when people trash him? Also, I hate artists and bands that can only perform after the sun goes down.

BRabbit Wed 6/25/2008 10:08AM

BRabbit

kayne was at bonnaroo? sorry i must of missed it while i was jamming to chromeo and phil and friends. anyways there was something missing mr west. you were in Atlanta that night till midnight doing a show. dont blame peral jam for playing an hour longer thats what bonnaroo is all about playing till you cant play anymore. 2nd if you knew that your set was taking so long to set up, which you did, all you, YOU mr west had to do is go to your fans or lack of and let them know what the deal was and everyone would of been back at 430 ready to party. fuck you west i hope you eat aids hahaha thats bad but i mean it.

Ointment star Wed 6/25/2008 10:09AM

Ointment

hopefully that downfall that fag spoke of happens asap

Jeff Kash Wed 6/25/2008 10:09AM

Jeff Kash

This guy is a straight-up asshole. He has ZERO talent. If he had some, he wouldn't be so dependent on a STAGE. If he had any clue about the scene he was entering, he would realize that nothing is ever on time, and nobody sleeps, and NOBODY WORRIES ABOUT IT! Everyone is there to have fun and let go of the stress of the outside world, this creep is there for the MONEY.

Road To Shambala Wed 6/25/2008 10:09AM

Road To Shambala

I wish I could give this piss ant my cell number so I could give him a James Cann,Godfather 1,trash can involved, monster beating. Go back to producing crap-rap.

Superfly was to blame for bringing him and he's an for being an ass. If you want a big name rap group to diversify this festival there are plenty out there that have not played it before.

Start with: The Beastie Boys, Q-Tip and whoever he wants to bring, Pharcyde. I'm sure you people can come up with about 100 more. Have at it.

And one lass thing Mr. Poof Daddy Light, Jamfans don't like Kanye.

linsbee314 Wed 6/25/2008 10:11AM

Peterp - were we at the same place? Are you sure you're not just reading highlights from a blog?

And "That's rock and roll baby" is bullshit! Not only is that a stupid cliche, but rock and roll is really about a quality performance and engaging the crowd, neither of which he did. Rock and roll is also about respecting your fans, which he does not.

jayd2605 Wed 6/25/2008 10:11AM
hippyjessica Wed 6/25/2008 10:11AM

hippyjessica

What would this asshole do if he had a real job? I can't believe anyone even listens to his music. Like dude said earlier, a true artist can rock it no matter what the hell his stage looks like. Obviously his light show is just a distraction from his shitty music.

YEMolly starstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:13AM

YEMolly

Everything he wrote is a bunch of bullshit. He still performed for a little while in the dark, so why didn't he do his "light show" (or whatever) during that time? And that video of him backstage at the MTV awards just shows what a prick he is. Glad I decided to see Ghostland and Phil & Friends instead of this asshole! Does anyone know if it true he made Phil and Friends quit before they planned???? If so, double f**k him!

BillyJack starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:14AM

BillyJack

"Ricky Skaggs hit me with his tour bus."

HAAAHAAAHAHA!

aquariumdrunk starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:17AM

aquariumdrunk

I love it. This whole debacle is worth the "I was there..." value, if nothing else!

Heady Wed 6/25/2008 10:18AM

Heady

what a fucking tool.

ReeDiddy starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:18AM

ReeDiddy

Obviously, errors were made on both the management and performance sides. However, acting as an ambassador to hip hop at a predominantly jam and rock festival, Kanye should have a little more consideration for the fans. Elaborate stage productions are not what bring people to Bonnaroo. Most bands know to plan sets that focus on the music and not a lot of pageantry so the stages can turn over in a timely manner and the festival can run smoothly.

I hope 311 doesn't try to pull that shit @ Rothbury.

Rivertrancer Wed 6/25/2008 10:19AM

Rivertrancer

What a little girl! Is there anyone/anything else he can blame this shit on? I love how he flat out blames Pearl Jam and Bonnarro while accepting no responsibility whatsoever for what went down. I officially hate this cry baby.

ScottMedoses starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:25AM

ScottMedoses

"no body like me everbody hates me, i guess i'll go eat worms! SQUIDBRAINS!" Kanye

ELSUTT starstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:25AM
cmoore7 Wed 6/25/2008 10:26AM

Ghostland's lightshow was/is unmatched(check youtube, specifically "ghetto magent"). P-Thugg(Chromeo) singing Journey songs through his vocoder tube was/is an all out dance party(also check youtube).

dinophoto Wed 6/25/2008 10:27AM

dinophoto

real musicians do not need pyro, blacklight or a fancy screen to make their fans happy. they just need musical talent.

phunkygemini Wed 6/25/2008 10:29AM

phunkygemini

Man, somebody definitely needs to add this info to his wiki.

JAT17 Wed 6/25/2008 10:31AM

JAT17

so....the fuck u kanye shirts will start off at $5 a piece.

Elemley Wed 6/25/2008 10:34AM

haha

buddha22 starstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:35AM
kirkbrew starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:35AM

kirkbrew

Anyone who uses "2" instead to "to" is a classless fucing douche.

Who's Wayne? Eh?

I love the “Mac Book Air” name drop. Oh – he has a fancy computer!

Try to load in 24 hours before? What, does he think his shit can sit there for 24 hours? Has he ever been to a festival?

In the end, if you need a "glow in the dark" stitch to pull off your show, you got nothin' to begin with. Poser!

bnaylor had a good point. Go out to the stage and say, "This is taking too long, Pearly Jam went over, we wish we were on stage now, but we are not. Please give us another 30 minutes. I'm very sorry". Done and done!!!

ReeDiddy - Just because Kanye places blame on Boner-roo, does not mean that there is blame on both sides. He knew wehre the goal posts were, he knew Pearl Jam was running over - he is a poor manager. And a poor manager who can't accept responsibility is also a douche.

And check out that clip. So - MTV hates black people too? This guy hides behind race every chance he gets. It is a shame that people clebrate him for the Bush comment.

pgeano starstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:35AM

Yeah, it's been said, but it's worth repeating:

Bonnaroo is supposed to be about music and art, not flashy stage shows.

Hopefully, Superfly learned their lesson, though. In fact, I think we can all learn from Kanye's mistake. If you resort to childish name-calling and, worst of all, libel against the company that took a major risk to give you an opportunity to expand your audience to people who might not otherwise be exposed to your live performance and then paid you on top of it... well, that just makes you look like a whiney idiot.

This blog really made me laugh. It's like he started out with an attempt to explain what happened, but by the end turned it into a retaliation. Well, I've got news for you: you can't start a "beef war" today. "You say it's a living; we all got to eat. But you're here alone; there's no one to compete."

FormulaOBX starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:36AM

I called it, my new girl band "Squid Brains".

ScIFreak Wed 6/25/2008 10:36AM

ScIFreak

Hahaha this is too funny. He should have just said fuck his light show, shine the light on me, give me a fucking microphone, play my beats and I'll perform. Nope instead of that he was just bitching, and bitching. I think it's Bonnaroo's fault Juast as much as his dumbass!!

jbleiche Wed 6/25/2008 10:38AM

fuckanyeeeeeeeeee

k23orchestra starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:38AM

k23orchestra

"I HAVE TO ICE MY KNEES AFTER EVERY SHOW AND THEY HURT WHEN I WALK THROUGH THE AIRPORT" Try loading your own heavy equipment, touring in a tight van, sleeping in that same van, driving 12 hours at a time and not being a millionaire. I don't think you're allowed to use the word "airport" in your complaining sentence you "douche nozzle" (I learned it from the comment section and it is better than squid brains).

AikoBearzly Wed 6/25/2008 10:39AM

AikoBearzly

Gee, I wonder how sales for the Roo will be next year,,,,LOL

Bonnaroo is done,, I give the fest two more years than it goes the way Vegoose did,,,Hope ya all didn't invest in SuperFly..

ELSUTT starstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:40AM
NittyGritty Wed 6/25/2008 10:41AM

NittyGritty

your still an arrogant ass. the stage sucked anyway, couldn't see much seeing it from the ground, looked like it was meant to be used at an arena where we could see it from a higher seat. wat a joke

jbleiche Wed 6/25/2008 10:43AM

i actually think we owe kanye a thank you for all the laughs that. this has provided...it was so funny hearing people chant fuckanyeee all day Sunday. And actually, I've been to bonnaroo every year and this was definitely in the top 3 for me, i don't think SuperFly has anything to worry about, that Zappa plays Zappa show, YMSB, Phil, Levon Helm, Bluegrass Allstars, Panic, Biscuits, Umphrey's, Wood Brothers...those were all incredible shows. You don't have to go see Kanye or Metallica if you don't want to...I had a great time and I'll have a great time at bonnaroo no matter what

TurdFergeson Wed 6/25/2008 10:47AM

squidbrains...damn that's gangsta

rhythmking starstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:47AM

rhythmking

Poor mac book AIIIIR, poor knees, poor screen, poor pay cut, poor stage set up to make up for his lack of talent. It sounds like he needs another visit from the grim reaper. But i don't think anything but death itself could humble this douche. Hes too far gone. I have never like this, like someone else said, primadonna.

biscok1d starstar Wed 6/25/2008 10:56AM
jammasterjustin Wed 6/25/2008 11:01AM

oh no kanye, don't break your mac book air! thats something only someone with squid brains would do!

PHISHisDANK Wed 6/25/2008 11:03AM

PHISHisDANK

if u cant stand the heat....dont go to bonnarooooooooooo hahahaha

philsy77 starstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 11:11AM

Kayne PLEASE LET ME INFORM YOU OF SOMETHING. THE WORLD DOES NOT EVOLVE AROUND YOU. YOU ARE AN ARTIST AND I RESPECT THAT. BUT YOU SINGED THE CONTRACT BUDDY!!! NOW FOR YOUR LIGHT SHOW I HAVE WORK IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY FOR 10 YEARS NOW. ONE THING THAT I HAVE LEARNED IS USUALLY WHEN AN ACT HAS A BIG LIGHT SHOW USUALLY THEY ARE TRYIN TO TAKE AWAY FROM THE MUSIC CAUSE YOUR MUSIC IS HORRIBLE. EXCEPT FOR THE LIKES OF PINK FLOYD, THE DEAD , TOOL ECT... YOU AND YOUR 6'10" PRODUCTION MANAGER SHOULD OF JUST LEFT WITH YOUR LIGHTS AND PYRO. PLUS WHY ARE U EVEN USING PYRO? TO TAKE AWAY FROM THE MUSIC JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER R&B HIP HOP ARTIST OUT THERE YOUR NOT WANT AT BONNAROO. BUT IM SURE THE MONEY WAS NICE.

linsbee314 Wed 6/25/2008 11:11AM

Misteveious - IF he cared, he would've apologized or acknowledged the crowd. He didn't! And all this shit about wanting to please the fans and how much he's concerned about putting on a good show for them - that may very well be true, but only so he can then get praise from the fans to feed his own ego. His blog proves my point!

If he cared about the fans, he'd just apologize and be done with it. But no, this ass wants to blame us for being pissed at his crappy show? Hell yea I'm pissed! He says he's "sick of all the negative people." Well, then quit bitching and give us something to be positive about!

damnisaidso Wed 6/25/2008 11:16AM

Where we the only people in the roo community that didnt see this blowing up in his face? I don't know who it was who that that Kanye at Bonnaroo would be a good fit but they need some serious help. I mean the only instrument he can play is his MAC BOOK AIR!! I hopefully and seriously doubt that he or any other MTV hero as someone put it will be back to Bonnaroo. For the sake of Bonnaroo SUPERFLY don't go ruin a great thing!

Shmo-Kaine star Wed 6/25/2008 11:17AM

Shmo-Kaine

I'm sorry did he say something? Cause all I hear is , BLAH BLAH BLAH I'm a Dirty Whore!!!

biscok1d Wed 6/25/2008 11:23AM

okay linsbee point taken.

FUCK KANYE

stoney2183 Wed 6/25/2008 11:23AM

I hardly think that Bonnaroo was at fault for this. These people have been putting on this event for years, and know exactly what they are dealing with when it comes to setting up stages. The thought of Kanye's people not being aware of the allotted time to set up for the show is ludicrous. Kanye's people are to blame for this. I find it hard to believe that they were not well informed on the possible time limitations they had to set up everything. I find it easy to believe that they just ignored any warnings from Bonnaroo's people about this completely, hence why Bonnaroo did not speak up on their behalf.

Cola21 Wed 6/25/2008 11:23AM
stoney2183 Wed 6/25/2008 11:24AM

I'd also rather see Daft Punk perform 'Harder Better Faster Stronger' than Kanye's version 'Stronger' any day of the week.

wagsinnorthernva starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 11:27AM

wagsinnorthernva

He is a joke, and should not have fans left after acting like a fool and letting fans wait for hours with no word from him. What a waste of space and aire this joker is.

moejoerisin Wed 6/25/2008 11:29AM

moejoerisin

bluntsnbisco - you sound like a fool in every one of your posts.

granola Wed 6/25/2008 11:31AM

Aww poor baby, he got his feelings hurt. You guys are mean hahaha

granola Wed 6/25/2008 11:32AM

i agree moejoe a complete fool

keenan41 star Wed 6/25/2008 11:32AM

keenan41

Hmm, I wonder if he meant chicken brains? This is classic douchebaggery at its best. I skimmed the comments above and saw the Ricky Skaggs comment, haha. A simple, "We're running real late, try to sit tight, I apologize for the delay" or "My Mac Air Book's battery died and I can't get onto my blog to detail how exciting the birthday bash was" or "Sorry, the light show is a facade hiding my extremely limited talent. Without it, I have nothing" or "I apologize I couldn't compromise on my stage like every other band at every other festival usually does". OR EVEN APOLOGIZE BEFORE HE STARTED.

If he cared about the fans so much, he should have handed out free copies of his latest shit CD so that every could use them for coasters on Sunday.

Maybe this incident will have Superfly reconsidering what they throw out there now...

45king Wed 6/25/2008 11:37AM

To whom it may concern,

GO OUTSIDE. You just read hundreds of posts saying the same thing. Don't comment now its useless.

FreeHawk Wed 6/25/2008 11:37AM

FreeHawk

If your so great why couldnt you have came out told your "fans" the deal and kicked it old school.Back in the day a real emcee could start a party on the sidewalk. I see both parties to be blamed, the folks at superfly should have known it was coming. This what happens when you 'expand your audience" and do so by bringing in pop stars and their huge egos. Wasnt Bonnaroo a place folks could enjoy music with out the pop acts that are all over the media. Wasnt Jambase praising Kanye a few months ago? And busting peoples chops for leaving negative comments about him.

Mountain_Icculus star Wed 6/25/2008 11:40AM

Mountain_Icculus

"HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF." lol boohoo. Let me toss you a box of tissues you ego prick.

yuckfou Wed 6/25/2008 11:40AM

squid are smart

salmon401 Wed 6/25/2008 11:42AM

salmon401

Salmon401 - "In defense of Squid - while I enjoyed the "squid brain" comment as much as the next guy, squid are thought to be among the most intelligent of the invertebrates."

Kanye - "Salmon401, what is an invertebrate?"

Salmon401 - "That is an excellent question Kanye. An invertebrate lacks a backbone, like a squid, a jellyfish, a flatworm, or a cry-baby pop-rap artist."

Kanye - "Word."

wes.youngblood Wed 6/25/2008 11:48AM

As someone who tour manages a band that played broo and had to settle with the production office after the performance, he was contracted for 2 hours, he breached his contract and probably didn't get paid the full amount, AS I SAID THAT NIGHT, AND AS I WILL ALWAYS SAY, FUCK KANYE WEST. We were hanging in the artist hospitality area w/ kanye's drummer the day before and his own drummer said it was 50/50 on whether they were going to play, WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT???? I feel for the real "artists" (kanye's band), I wouldn't put up with that crap, if the gig is on the books there is no doubt you are performing unless a natural disaster happens, And I also knew some of the artists that were at that atlanta radio station event that night, they said he didn't roll out til midnight, poor tour managing, poor planning, and a total lack of professionalism. No one is allowed to load in 24 hours prior, IT ISN'T YOUR SHOW, IT IS A FESTIVAL. And judging from the amount of busses and tractor trailors behind the main stage, WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE THINKING????????? Kanye, Kanye, Kanye, when are you going to learn that you don't fuck with the people who make you who you are? Your whining and bitching only makes you look bad, and like Phil Lesh said, "apparently there is this guy kanye West, who has a light show, so we are only playing 1 set, sorry". kanye you need to look deep within yourself, and realize that your glory is short lived, save that money because it isn't always going to be there. And last but not least, I wouldn't budget half my income to a shitty light show, that shit was whack and not worth the money you paid for it. Bands like pnuma and sts9 ghostland observatory etc. have way better light shows than your over budgeted and lack luster light show. TOOL HAS COOLER SHIT THAT YOU DO, AND IT WAS PROBABLY HALF WHAT KANYE PAID FOR HIS BLACK LIGHTS AND SUBPAR MOVING YOKES. HE BITCHES ABOUT THE VIDEO SCREEN BEING BROKEN. Maybe you should have left it in your trailer, AND BY THE WAY, HE HAD 14 TRACTOR TRAILERS, THERE IS NO ROOM BACK THERE FOR 1 ARTIST TO HAVE THAT MUCH SPACE TAKEN UP.

FUCK YOU KANYE WEST, I HOPE YOUR CAREER GOES DOWN DOWN THE DRAIN AND FINALLY MEETS UP WITH YOUR MATERIAL. A HUGE PILE OF GREEN APPLE SPLATTER CORN ENCRUSTED SHIT

drumStark Wed 6/25/2008 11:48AM

drumStark

BluntsnBisco-You are the person who gives Bisco kidz a bad name.

south12 starstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 11:51AM

I like how hes using the T-Pain distortion in his new single as well to show how much "talent" he really has. There are plenty of acts that I would and have stayed up til 4:20 to see Kanye West is not one of them. What do you expect 'Roo? Hopefully Superfly will fix this matter and have Vegoose again without a squidbrain acts like Kanye. Love the caps BTW reminds me of 4th grade instant messaging conversations.

deadpig79 Wed 6/25/2008 12:00PM
SuperFish Wed 6/25/2008 12:12PM

I agree that Kanye is trash, who cares about a ridiculous pre- planned stage show, that he has probably already performed 100 times the exact same way. However, I think the real culprit here is Superfly for taking the greatest music festival ever created and year by year adding more top 40 garbage musicians to appeal to all the teeny boppers in the sub-urbs just so that they can get their mommy and daddy's money. It's all about money, and that sucks because This thing started off amazingly, with 80,000 fans having a blast at what I can only describe as an adult playground with amazing music everywhere. Now, I mean no disrespect to the Pearl Jam's and Tool's of the world, but when you start throwing Meatallica ( a band who is most famous for trying to put an end to live music trading) and the likes of Kangay West and what ever other MTV wanna be musicians, you are just asking for trouble. Bring Bonnaroo back to what it was meant to be. And how you gonna give Kanye a late night set? Umphrey's would have killed it, they should have known that Kanye would have been nothing more than a bunch of pre-planned crap with his no. 1 singles. What a golddigger. Bottom line, Bonnaroo sucks, I stopped going after yr. 3 and with $200 + tickets and garbage bands like the afore mentioned, It's unlikely that I'll be taking the return trip.

SuperFish Wed 6/25/2008 12:15PM

Also, Ia agree with drumstark - bluntsnbisco is definately the person that gives bisco kids a bad name. you can tell by his name - bluntsnbisco - probably a 16 yr. old from cherry hill or something. Have fun getting arrested at camp bisco.

damnisaidso Wed 6/25/2008 12:16PM

I got 99 problems and this bitch aint one.

Poly420 starstar Wed 6/25/2008 12:38PM

Poly420

What's he going to do at Lollapalooza. It doesn't get dark outside until 9:00, and there's a curfew at this fest.

Road To Shambala Wed 6/25/2008 12:57PM

Road To Shambala

For the love of Banya will someone screen print F Kanye shirts for Rothbury. Goldmine Jerry, goldmine!!!!!

PheelinPhunky starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 01:00PM

PheelinPhunky

"is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!!" hahahahahahaha i bet apple will give him some money for that one.... fuck KANYE... you hate mtv so much why come to an mtv festival thats what you get when you come to bonnaboo "smart one"

jbleiche Wed 6/25/2008 01:01PM

at lollapoalooza he's gong on at 8:30 or 9 so that should be fine...bonnaroo isn't an mtv festival at all

lokalloudness Wed 6/25/2008 01:04PM

lokalloudness

I have seen several concert where issues caused the concert to run late and in all the cases the artist has show respect for the fans. When James Hetfield was not able to make an Atlanta Metallica show due to injury the rest of the band came out on stage and explained the situation and offered not only a concert minus James for the night, but a return show for fans who hold onto their ticket stubs. I guess kanye was too rockstar to get off his bus, come to the stage and talk to his fans. And HE wonders why he is getting "disrespected? Has he ever heard the term "the show must go on?" It's all fine and dandy to put half of your pay into a show for the fans but that still doesn't earn Kanye the right to not help ease the fans wait. Who does he think he is? Axl Rose? Sitting in your nice luxurious temperature controlled bus while "your" fans wait uncomfortable in a field for your lame ass to appear is not considered "giving your all" for the fans. What you failed to give them was your respect and in turn, you lost theirs.

CeilingFan247 Wed 6/25/2008 01:06PM

That is why good musicians have to use improv sometimes. This guys is crying because things didn'y go his way. Bonnaroo wasn't all about u, Kanye.

At least he won't be back next year.

thehurricane23 Wed 6/25/2008 01:10PM

thehurricane23

When will people see that RAP artists generally blow cocks. That shit scene was over in about 1993. The "artists", for lack of a better word, that "rap" today have nothing to say, it was said in the 80's and 90's. I just wish more black people would realize their music scene has degenerated into mindless drivel and corporate inspired materialism and start making some real "music" again.

Josh88 star Wed 6/25/2008 01:11PM

Why the hell is dumb shit wannabe rapper like Kanye even doing at Bonnaroo?

thehurricane23 Wed 6/25/2008 01:14PM

thehurricane23

Remember WHEN they did have something to say and it was good? Base how low can you go? Death row, whats a brother know? Once again back its the incredible, the rhyme animal, the uncannable, D public enemy number one, 5-0 said freeze, but I got none, can I tell 'em that I never really had a gun, that its the wax that the Terminator X spun.

thehurricane23 Wed 6/25/2008 01:21PM

thehurricane23

Yeah, the Roo is a done deal, from what I hear its going to be a mainstream fest from here out and Widespread might hold their own events there. FUCK AC/SUPERFLY< you took our money and ditched the scene like lots of other promoters have and I have a feeling Rothbury will be just the same, just a way to make a buck. LONG LIVE ALLGOOD (12 years and running strong baby)

gmoo Wed 6/25/2008 01:26PM

gmoo

Why are there so many comments on this board? If you really hate Kanye, don't give him your time. Go do something positive, everybody :)

stcornia starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 01:37PM

Hey Kanye, the sign of a truly great performer is one who can face adversity and still put on a great show. You obviously do not have what it takes.

zeus283 star Wed 6/25/2008 01:38PM

zeus283

I can't believe someone would admit to missing Phil and friends to watch this douche bag. You just might be a bigger loser than West. This is exactly why the roo is losing its feel as the best jam band festival. Kanye over Phil I can't even begin to explain how disturbing that is.

UmphNugget Wed 6/25/2008 01:39PM

UmphNugget

The truth is, that is what the Roo gets. If I am going to enjoy a late nite set..give me Umph,Pnuma, SCI from last year...all great shows..

Kanye is a joke and I am glad I finally skipped a Roo.

--JAMCRUISE!!!

granola Wed 6/25/2008 01:59PM

bluntsnbisco u suck and i think that everybody on jambase agrees with me

SOAM84 Wed 6/25/2008 02:00PM

Now Billy Corgin can relax, Kanye will take all the heat for now on. What a fucking loser, I hope he looses everything....if he was so great he wouldn't need all those fucking lights to put on a show, no talent ass clown

drumStark Wed 6/25/2008 02:05PM

drumStark

I agree, but this doesn't need to turn into a tribe vs. bisco fight.

COOLESTGUYONJAMBASE Wed 6/25/2008 02:12PM

COOLESTGUYONJAMBASE

i agree with sndtribefreak bluntsnbisco go away

Scobes starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 02:13PM

And Kanye sucks... just for good taste

COOLESTGUYONJAMBASE Wed 6/25/2008 02:17PM

COOLESTGUYONJAMBASE

yall are obviously to blind to realize this but Kanye West is what bonnaroo is all about now. for all yall who say he didnt belong at bonnaroo u guys are wrong. he didnt belong at bonnaroo in years 1 2 and 3 maybe 4 but thats what bonnaroo is now Kanye West is bonnaroo and they both suck ass

DrewF Wed 6/25/2008 02:23PM

Fuck kanye and bonnaroo is more than likely about to be over. Unless they make a huge turn around but i doubt it bc its a c orporate business now and we all helped create it

allthink Wed 6/25/2008 02:33PM

allthink

why doesnt jambase just get bluntsbisco420 outta here...he is a sh*t talker, and the guy no one wants to camp or be next to at festivals...die.

rukind05 Wed 6/25/2008 02:36PM

heres the deal mr west at about 8:45, when you were supposed to play, it generally starts getting dark....so its def dark by about 9:30. On top of that when is the last time you actually came on, on time? whens the last time anyone came on right on time. Kayne could have easily done his setup and shit for the slot in which he was assigned. Curiously though he needed it to be dark, so he goes for a late night slot(messing up other artist i might add). But wait a minute, I LIVE IN ATLANTA AND HE WAS IN ATLANTA AT 845 THE NIGHT OF THE PERFORMANCE AT ROO, AT THE BIRTHDAY BASH WITH A BUNCH OF HIP HOP ARTISTS..... THAT NIGHT!!!! HE FUCKED THE WHOLE BONNAROO WEEKEND (TO SOME) FOR A SUPRISE APPEARANCE IN ATL.....look into to it its true... he then came up to manchester probably not giving a damn and upset he had to leave all of him homies

my synopsis at least

Mr_McDankenstein starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 02:43PM

Mr_McDankenstein

"I am sick of negative people who just sit around trying 2 plot my downfall...I understand if people don't like me because I like me or if people think tight clothes look gay... this is the maddest I ever will be. I'm typing so fucking hard I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!"

Oh no! Are you going to rip all the heads off your Barbie's and set fire to your Malibu dreamhouse too?

Yea Kanye all us negative people are really trying to plot your downfall, it more seems like you are the cause of it yourself, bringing such a ridiculous setup to a festival and expecting it to be able to be set up in anything less than 12 hours is ridiculous. Maybe if you didn't have to depend on your show being glow in the dark to make it a good show you could focus some more time on not stealing everyone's music to make your songs and maybe in that process make a good song or two. But it's too late for that. I hope you learned something from all this, stay away from our festivals so we can stay away from you.

And Eddie Vedder would kick your ass in a second.

jellyfishin starstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 02:50PM

jellyfishin

cant belive anyone would support such a lil baby give it up kanye!!!!

COOLESTGUYONJAMBASE Wed 6/25/2008 02:54PM

COOLESTGUYONJAMBASE

hey yall should go on kanyes blog and read some of the comments his pathetic fans are leaving on there. its hilarious. those people are terrible

rukind05 Wed 6/25/2008 02:57PM

haha i bet they are..... surely those ppl arent "dropouts" like kanye lol

mbenderevo star Wed 6/25/2008 03:05PM
DrewF Wed 6/25/2008 03:21PM

Mbender if you knew nething and bonanroo you would kno that the headliners always run over. PJ put on a hell of a show Kanye didnt plain n simple. kanye ruind phils set, he didnt come on till 430 or so, and didnt say a word to the fans

rukind05 Wed 6/25/2008 03:23PM

are you on drugs? or are you just uneducated and unable to type? like kanye...

I am an adult who has attended more festivals than you have brain cells so no kanye didn't kill my "BUZZZ"

judgemental asshole pieces of shit like you already take care of that

Sizlunt Wed 6/25/2008 03:25PM

Sizlunt

The hell with Kanye. It isn't just this festival that exposed him for the drooling fool that he is. Why the hell is this on Jambase anyway, just as a comment board for us to make fun of the guy?

acomma Wed 6/25/2008 03:35PM

acomma

Thus begins the fall of Kanye. Any more stunts like this, his career would make for a good movie.

dreadyknowsbest starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/25/2008 03:38PM

dreadyknowsbest

CAN WE ALL SAY KANYE WEST IS THE BIGGEST SAMBO IN THE USA.....HE HATES WHITE PEOPLE

overall Wed 6/25/2008 03:42PM

overall

Here's the straight poop......

I actually had Kanye's tour manager, his "dressing room assistant," his personal trainer and his female back-up singer in my transpo van from a ritzy downtown Nashville hotel all the way to the Bonnaroo fest site from about 10:30 until 11:30 on Saturday night. And what I learned during that run makes Kanye a flat out liar.

Pearl Jam had nothing to do with his going on at 4:30 a.m. That little whiner just wanted to make sure he arrived onsite late enough to ensure that he had no other musical competition while he played.

During our drive, his tour manager let me know that, at best, his private jet plans would get him to the backstage area only 20 minutes before his then-planned stage time. And she said that he always needs "personal down time" before taking the stage.

If this spoiled little f#%k had skipped his Atlanta party, he could have gotten to the festival early enough to do whatever it is he does before going on stage. But he chose to conveniently arrive too late to hit his posted stage time and he chose hold off until all other music stopped.

George Bush may very well hate black people. But Kanye holds an equal level of distain for the truth.

F Kanye.

Danimal Wed 6/25/2008 03:51PM

Danimal

If you were there and REALLY wanted to see Kanye I can see how you'd be pissed(even though you'd be a dumbass for missing Galactic w/Chali 2na) but if you weren't, why do you all care so much?

jesposito Wed 6/25/2008 04:06PM

jesposito

these posts are fucking hilarious! i almost don't feel bad that i just wasted like a half hour reading all these. what a DOUCHE!

overall Wed 6/25/2008 04:16PM

overall

If Kanye really believes the promoters should come to his defense in the media, he's obviously hittin' the pipe too hard. AC, Superfly, and the production people on the main stage who stuck around 12 hours longer than they should have all bent over backwards to make sure his highness was catered to.

And to point fingers at Pearl Jam is ridiculous, too. At least they're an act that believe in giving a crowd their money's worth. Perhaps if Kanye spent a bit more time polishing his talent and a bit less time relying on smoke and mirrors to wow his crowd, he'd be able to walk out onto any stage and perform a FULL set (as contracted).

Something tells me that his silly e-rant has less to do with being upset and hurt than it does with his attempting to lay out a case for demanding his full pay. I have absolutely no direct knowledge about this particular issue, but I'd be shocked if the festival allowed this wuss to do what he did, cut his set short like he did, and then pay him in full.

ClaysTribe star Wed 6/25/2008 04:35PM

ClaysTribe

i really hate this man, i fell sorry for all yall that went to this shit.

Sizlunt Wed 6/25/2008 04:36PM

Sizlunt

I hope his stupid illiterate ass has someone read this comment page to him.

GMAN35 Wed 6/25/2008 05:00PM

Kanye=Douche. Cant believe he mentioned Pearl Jam. At least they can put on a great show without needing everything to glow in the dark. He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Sizlunt Wed 6/25/2008 05:04PM

Sizlunt

Oh one last thing, in the hopes that someone is reading this to him: YOU DIDN'T GIVE YOUR ALL KANYE!!

Scarphace Wed 6/25/2008 05:08PM

Scarphace

The great spirit that once was Bonnarooooooooo is definitely gone. This proves that Kanye shouldn't have even been there in the first place. Promoters, remember this for the future, that this is what happens when Umphrey's is given a daytime set!!!!!

LoveConscious Wed 6/25/2008 05:16PM

LoveConscious

Kanye, you suck, don't ever show your face in public...ever again.

SpreadRed87 Wed 6/25/2008 05:46PM

SpreadRed87

So many great performers have played on the main stage at bonnaroo and not had a problem!!! and kayne west says he doesnt have enough room! you dont even have a fucking band dude!! cry on buddy cry on!

apollo18 Wed 6/25/2008 05:56PM

He didn't give his all.

SpreadRed87 Wed 6/25/2008 06:02PM

SpreadRed87

if you want to see something really funny check out the comments his fans left for him on that blog!haha

SpreadRed87 Wed 6/25/2008 06:04PM

SpreadRed87

BONNAROO should apologize to Phil Lesh!

Thirstyphish Wed 6/25/2008 06:19PM

bluntsnbisco420- i would love to see you anywhere and hit you over the head with a lead pipe. i have come to the conclusion that you are the biggest asshole ever, and im happy your a bisco fan. it fits perfectly. As for everyone else its your fault for even going to this festival. it was great the first year, but since not so much. what do you expect from kanye west?

cdevaney Wed 6/25/2008 06:24PM

I was one of many on this site who were actually there. Actually, at about 2:45-3:00 I'm estimating that there were about 50,000 there. I'd have no way of knowing what percentage were psyched for Kanye and who were simply curious. My point is, there was an audience there for the music, as there always is at Bonnaroo. (That's what it's all about.)

The lack of respect shown by both Superfly and Kanye pissed off a good portion of the crowd at the time. An honest accounting of what was going on would have gone a long way. "We're running late, we're sorry -- come back at 4:30." Fine, people would've groaned a little bit but they could've gone to check out Phil Lesh, Ghostland Observatory, Chali2na, Sigur Ros and the rest of the music and activities going on. That seemed to be the biggest bummer for most people -- that there is such a premium on your time at Bonnaroo and this downtime was a disservice to the fans and the other performers.

Kanye's rant is embarrassing for him and, quite frankly, way too late to stir my empathy. (Although I do feel really, really bad for his Mac book Air!!! WTF?) If he was concerned about the situation, he should have addressed it when he had the forum and the audience and not waiting until after being called out by his peers (Robert Randolph, Phil Lesh, etc.) and festival goers.

Further, trying to throw Pearl Jam under the bus for running late (45 minutes, by the way) is only valid if you are a) classless, and b) delayed by the same amount of time or less. That buys Kanye until 3:30 at best, assuming that Kanye and Superfly really thought that Pearl Jam would only play a two hour festival headling set (and given their displayed set list and allusions to Superfly telling them to fill longer) and that it is reasonable to tear down one set and put up another in two and a half hours (in the history of Bonnaroo this has never been an issue).

Finally, it's hard to sell that you're giving your all when you a) double-book yourself 185 miles apart (especially given your sore knees), b) take the stage two hours late, c) perform for under an hour without encore, and d) never address the audience in any way. Besides, I don't know why Kanye's complaining -- shouldn't this only make him stronger, even if Bonnaroo will not be his black Kate Moss?

In the end this is just a sad footnote on what has largely been reviewed as one of the best Bonnaroos ever. It's a good story to tell and it's soured me on Kanye (who I was really looking forward to) but it won't take away from all of the other amazing performances at this festival.

WidespreadPhanic Wed 6/25/2008 06:43PM

WidespreadPhanic

just a thought but i think everyone is caring a little too much about this, all parties included hahaha...

smokey82832 Wed 6/25/2008 07:17PM

I was at 'roo this year. I was chillin at Phil waiting to head to ghostland and I saw a shit load of people heading toward Kanye. I could tell lot's of people were excited to see his show. Bottom line kanye should have been booked as a Thursday headlining spot 9-12. This would have been something new for the fest. So yeah kanye does suck but bottom line is the stage wasn't ready and the 'roo took my cash so they should step up and be held accountable. Logistics were a bit off at 'roo this year. They better fix that shit quick. Kayne is a piece of dirt but AC superfly keeping quite is BS as well. A little common courtesy for the paying folks would be nice....see ya on the farm next year

rukis Wed 6/25/2008 08:17PM

rukis

Kanye you have now completely sealed the deal on the fact that you are a fucking idiot. I guess you have enough money to not give a fuck what 70k possible new fans would think of you. You could have gained some new ones but chose to be a moron instead. Go back to your shallow pop bullshit music! We don't want to hear it anyway!

Coconut Phil Wed 6/25/2008 08:36PM

Coconut Phil

geez what a puss, stop the crying man. I guess you will not be back in 2009. You are pathetic man.

Coconut Phil Wed 6/25/2008 08:40PM

Coconut Phil

plot a downfall? WTF, you did it all yourself..............

In a Big Country Wed 6/25/2008 09:01PM

In a Big Country

Bonnaroo sucks ass.... 10klf is the perfect pedigree for a festival... You can fit that many styles into 1 place...

birdsongjb Wed 6/25/2008 09:08PM

birdsongjb

I love Jason Byrd and Friends!

River Wed 6/25/2008 09:20PM

River

damn, kanye is a wimp. i dont think he can hadle what was our culture turned into a ticketbastard producxtion. fuck bonnaroo and fuck kyne

sh Wed 6/25/2008 10:09PM

pearl jam should have play until tuesday.. kanye west is a fucking tool who didn't deserve a spot in the first place

coldroses1225 Wed 6/25/2008 10:56PM

Fuck you Bonnaboo fans! ummm... hows that taste in your mouth, probably taste like a shitty specticle i know of in tennessee. kanye fuck these shitty fans and this awful festival, go to telluride, coachella, all good, nelsons ledges, all points west,something besides this sanitary napkin of a festival. and kanye man your music blows like the windy city sorry man.ryan adams is the man

figgzz Thu 6/26/2008 12:57AM

figgzz

i just gotta say that this is why bonnaroo sucks now and im happy i didnt waste my time or money gettin to Tennessee from jersey.bonnaroo has done nothing but suck since i went in 2006.and also dont let this bisco kid define the view of bisco fans some of us are pretty strait.

Capaldius Thu 6/26/2008 01:58AM

Capaldius

Hilarious. Adds to another great weekend on the farm. Did anyone notice during Pearl Jam's set Eddie Vedder start to say something about "glow in the dark", stop himself, and then walk away from the mic laughing? I was curious as to what this show was about and waited for about 45 minutes. Went to Chali2na, and to my surprise, the all supreme Galactic is his house band. Shit was one of many highlights this year. This was my sixth year straight and quite possibly the best yet. Weather was perfect. Everyone, except Kanye, laid it all out onstage including Metallica. Totally surprised by these guys. I maybe know three Metallica songs and only planned on seeing the first thirty minutes or so just to check them out. They blew the fucking roof off the place. Our whole crew stayed for the entire set and rocked the fuck out the whole time. They kept the spirit of Bonnaroo alive and well by bringing everything they had. One of the best roo headling sets next to Radiohead, Neil Young, Panic '05 (second night), and Trey '04. Not only that but, Kirk Hammet played with My Morning Jacket and then the SuperJam all in the same night. New found respect for Metallica. The Spirit of Bonnaroo soars on and on, and I can't wait to see where it goes next year. Maybe it's not the uncommercialized beauty it was the first year, but it's still about the music and you can't deny that. Six years runnin' and have had no problems (except being harassed by a crackhead the first year) only great times with great music. Highlights: Porter Batiste Stoltz, Sharon Jones, MMJ, Metallica, Dereck Trucks and Susan Tedesch (check the Soul Stew while you can), Chali2na, Panic, Plant & Krauss, YMSB, Chromeo. Bring on the thumbs down haters.

madreefer Thu 6/26/2008 03:29AM

I agree, Kanye, we in the crowd should not have booed or thrown anything at the stage. However, ALL you needed to do was say, "Thanks for waiting" or "Sorry for the wait, folks." That's all! I was there. That's the facts. It blows my mind that you didn't even say ONE word. Unbelieveable.

And to see you rant about how the festival made it too hard for you to set up your stage, it kills me. We were ready, Kanye. We wanted you to blow us away. Even at 4:30 am with the drugs wearing off. Just a simple acknowledgement. But you know what? I don't think you perform for us. I think you perform for yourself. That I see from your ranting. You've got some growing up to do.

And, please, don't have any children until you do.

vida421 Thu 6/26/2008 04:32AM

vida421

nothing like proving all your haters right...it's nice when a-holes make it this easy.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/26/2008 04:47AM

I put the blame squarely on the back of BROO, for booking him in the first place.

jackstraw1984 Thu 6/26/2008 05:48AM

jackstraw1984

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa (pause to catch breath) hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaah Fuck you too kanye

bigfro Thu 6/26/2008 06:28AM

bigfro

Go sing some more scales POSER. You were finally at a festival where MUSICIANSHIP is more important to fans than commercialism and playing it safe. You just stole money to play at Bonnaroo that could have been used for a REAL HEADLINER. Can anyone believe that this LOSER got a headlining spot over The Allman Brothers. Black music used to be the trend setter. Now it is just a load of sell out pop garbage.

bigfro Thu 6/26/2008 06:29AM

bigfro

OH YEAH KAYNE,

YOU DIDN"T GIVE YOUR ALL!

bigfro Thu 6/26/2008 06:43AM

bigfro

Metallica gave their all and understood the crowd they were playing for. I was impressed. Kanye could learn from them

Murphy3 starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/26/2008 06:48AM

"HAVING AN EXPENSIVE STAGE CUTS MY PAYDAY IN HALF"

Without that expensive stage you wouldn't have a payday at all, jackass.

PS - I hope your knees are feeling better. I suggest Advil.

bigfro Thu 6/26/2008 06:56AM
udsh starstarstar Thu 6/26/2008 07:18AM

kanye,

we all know why your knees hurt

noapollyon Thu 6/26/2008 07:31AM

noapollyon

You know what shocks me the most? The fact that I have read about people missing Phil and Friends to see Kanye! I feel no pitty for yuh.

courtsie731 Thu 6/26/2008 07:43AM

awhhh wahwah, i get paid a ton of money to sing you shitty songs. wah. I couldnt get my stage set up. waaaahhhhh Yea man, that sucks, but you shoulda told the people waiting! DUH! and it was slippery? WTF wipe it off with a towel dumbass. Maybe you shouldnt dance like a freak and your knees wouldnt hurt. Its your job fucker. If you don't like it, get out. Stronger is lame regardless of how performed. That video was the WORST! Chill out man....

jwgregory star Thu 6/26/2008 08:51AM

jwgregory

First off bonnaroo should have known what would happen w/ this clown. More importantly, if you skipped phil to see kanye you deserved the horrible performance you received.

D.B.Higdon star Thu 6/26/2008 09:00AM

D.B.Higdon

if by "icing his knees" he means bling, then I believe him.

delaneyira star Thu 6/26/2008 09:34AM

You see, this is exactly why these pop pussies should not be allowed to perform at bonnaroo. Even after all of this Kanye simply does not get it. He too worried about his fucking nikes and his stupid fucking stage. He should be more worried about his music. Bonnaroo is not a place where people go to see neat look stages. It is of course welcome, who doesnt like a nasty light show. But that being said people go for the music and the vibe. Simple as that. This diatribe about how people shouldnt give him such a hard time is pathetic. The man sounds like a fucking 10 year old. He needs to grow up. I really cant believe he fucking whined about his knees too. Your trying to whine about bum knees to a bunch of dirty hippies that do 100deg tennesee heat and dance all fucking day to MUSIC. On that same note, hes wants people to dance to him dancing. How rediculous is that. His show is a god damned commercial. Gennerally you dont pay to be advertized to. Notice how he mentioned his "Mac book Air" Its not just a computer or laptop, no, its a mac book air. What a fucking tool. Keep your pretty stage you fag. Go fuck yourself. Your not even a real person anyway. Your nothing but a little tool that the corporations use to fuck the young american people who are too stupid to know anybetter. The people that go to bonnaroo know better and they dont like getting fucked. Especially by a whinny little bitch like you. Maybe when your a big boy youll learn how to play an instrument like a real musician. Unfortunately some people dont ever grow up...

delaneyira star Thu 6/26/2008 09:39AM

and btw, this is what bonnaroo and thier promoters get for putting umphreys on during the day time with only an hour and a half to play. What kind of bullshit is that?

Ching Thu 6/26/2008 09:41AM
emeccio starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/26/2008 10:05AM

Things we all probably know and agree with, but need to be said:

1. Stronger is actually a Daft punk track. So performing it in its "greatest form" would mean the ORIGINAL band playing it.

2. Way to reinforce how rich you are with your "mac book air", just in case we could possibly forget.

3. Relying on a light show and not the pure music is a chump show and everyone that attends Bonnaroo knows it.

4. Kanye is obviously far too delicate to perfom on a stage that has liquid anywhere on it or near it (do gangstas melt in the rain??)

5. QUIT YOUR FUCKING BITCHING Kanye - you go 2-3 nights without sleep making music?? most hippies go 2-3 nights without sleep just to see the music... you ice your knees after shows?? well you signed up to be a PERFORMER... your knees hurt when you walk through the airport to your PRIVATE jet?!?

I'm sorry folks, but this guy really makes me sad thinking of how much money he has that would do better in the hands of others. And how arrogant he is to constantly reinforce that he's better than everyone else. FUCK YOU KANYE.

And that is all I have to say about that.

cuttyfives Thu 6/26/2008 10:12AM
O1Roggae Thu 6/26/2008 10:17AM

O1Roggae

Snoop should of fuckin played instead

snausages Thu 6/26/2008 10:43AM

snausages

lol awwwww.....

and i'm glad you caught that too bluntsnbisco420~ ;-)

Road To Shambala Thu 6/26/2008 10:56AM

Road To Shambala

Big Fro- Whats up with the "coke head Panic fans" comment? Are you serious? Keep the hatred where it should be on this board. ON KANYE. Why ya gotta throw grenades at another band and its fans? But since you started and I feel childish right now. Go snort some molly and listen to Wankingist Wanker of them All, Mr Gutwillig.

Matt starstarstarstar Thu 6/26/2008 10:57AM

Matt

I don't know much about Kanye West, nor do I really care about him, but he sounds like a real bitch. He probably got picked on a lot as a little kid. His knees hurt? This is ridiculous. I try to keep an open mind, but why do people even listen to this garbage?

Shame on you Bonnaroo for booking such a squid-brain!

Matt Thu 6/26/2008 11:01AM

Matt

what does this mean? "REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A SHORTY AND WATER WOULD HIT THE TV??????"

moecheeseplease Thu 6/26/2008 11:57AM

moecheeseplease

he didnt give it his all

Igrift Thu 6/26/2008 12:05PM

Igrift

What a douschelord. If he was actually there I'm sure he could have found something for his pain, I mean, come on. However, being in ATL rubbin some stripper mooseknuckle may not be that bad either...

grasshole Thu 6/26/2008 12:07PM

At least SOMEBODY could have made an announcement. I mean they didn't have to powder our asses for us but they could have AT LEAST put "we are experiencing technical difficulties" on that big jumbotron INTSTEAD of pissing everyone off by Putting "Kanye West up next At 3:00, 3:30, 4:00..then eventually they just took it off. I dont expect the man to come out and say sorry, I just wish that maybe the technical dude operating the damn jumbotron could have at least thought to say SOMETHING to the fans. OR you would think that MAYBE Kanye would have the slightest bit of consideration towards any living person in the entire world and think to maybe give that technical dude a ring..and then tell HIM to put up some information. Instead you just had tired, pissed off fans. Myself included when I was having an amazing time listing to Phil and stupidly left to go to damn kanye. I actually feel bad for the guy.

-Kanye is a lost soul.

flygolf Thu 6/26/2008 12:14PM

flygolf

I blame the promoters for this error. Kayne should not have been booked, plain and simple.

ReeDiddy--- please do not bring 311 down to Kayne's level, simply because they're a mainstream band at Rothbury. 311 has performed for over a decade, beginning in small bars and clubs, growing into amphitheatre headline tours across the country. Do yourself a favor, catch part of their set at the Roth, I hope you like.

Knott a Musician Thu 6/26/2008 12:48PM

Knott a Musician

You know what: at Gathering of the Vibes 2001 when we stood in 3 feet of sloppy mud for hours while they dried the stage, Medeski Martin & Wood w/ Scofield BROUGHT IT!!! at Vibes 2005 (10th Anniversary of Jerry's passing) when Ratdog played THROUGH a torrential thunderstorm where Jeff Chimenti was playing UNDERNEATH OF A TARP, they BROUGHT IT!!! You know what Kanye brought to the stage? A pacifier & a dirty diaper. That's right, he SHIT THE BED ON THIS ONE, FOLKS. And this music community won't let him forget it. You had your chance, now get back on your private jet and never speak of impeding on our festival grounds again.

The fans will wait, but you better BRING IT you snivelling crybaby.

philhitz Thu 6/26/2008 01:01PM

bonnaroo is dead - as in, after 2004 - who will honestly know who kayne west is in 10 to 20 years or so? -- the next kayne will be playing on a pop radio station near you sometime next week, if he/she isn't already on it right now -- superfly prolly still hasn't connected a walking area btwn the 2 main stages yet w/ a foot-bridge (slog thru the mud you pigs) -- & don't forget bonnaroo east - this was the beginning of the downfall & it's gotten worse every year since.

grasshole Thu 6/26/2008 01:11PM

Aliens Came, Kanye Didnt

Aliens Came, Kanye Didnt

Aliens Came, Kanye Didnt

-See y'all in West Virginia

45king Thu 6/26/2008 01:41PM

FREAKS COME OUT AT NIGHT!!!!! WHAT, WHAT.

SQUIDBRAINS Thu 6/26/2008 02:09PM

YOU'ALL JUST DON'T GET IT...I am the true squid brains, Yo.

genel starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/26/2008 02:43PM

I want this rant on a T-Shirt. the T-Shirt should glow in the dark. And i hope Kanye and R. Kelly never find out what Comedic Geniuses they really are. REAL TALK

briank67 Thu 6/26/2008 02:56PM

briank67

the cleanest piece of trash in pop music today. i'm ashamed he claims chicago as his home-town.

greyegg3 Thu 6/26/2008 03:15PM

I feel for Phil.With that said:

I guess Kanye hates all people, including himself. He basically destroyed his career. If folks are gonna go see him, they are lame, or tards.

I was hit by lightning at 2001 Vibes, and my knees hurt all the way through the carport (I'm not rich), so I guess I should be pissed at everyone, because life is sometimes discomforting. Or I can be real, cut my losses, learn what I can and move on. And I did.

snausages Thu 6/26/2008 03:41PM

snausages

yes i agree with you briank67! He's a joke. chicago has no room for clowns..and he's just one of the many who claim it, not to mention another clown ass *coughr-kellycough*

BobbyShortcutShows starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/26/2008 03:48PM

BobbyShortcutShows

Evven htough i have never liked him and he's from homewood-flossmoor not the city by the lake by the way! So send his suburban ass this post. Dud eif you thought they couldnt get yer show done right you should have said i wont do it to protect your integrity!!!!!! its better to cancel a show and keep your integrity in check!!! Also, you being teh superstar should have hired teh proper people i.e. we know you got da loot, then have pros like phish crew or dead crew to set it up check and work out teh bugs! notwithstanding all of that, you should have just rocked it anyway WHO CARES ABOUT LIGHTS!!! no one gonna eat acid for your show anyway!

one chi-town kat who knows wheres hes at!

batteries Sold separaetly

Capaldius Thu 6/26/2008 07:04PM

Capaldius

philhitz- How can you say roo is dead since 04 when you obviously haven't been since? If you had been, you would know they paved a big concrete walking path between the 2 main stages after the monsoon in 04. And all the awesome times that continue to happen out there every year would keep you from saying that.

mcbacuma Thu 6/26/2008 07:08PM

mcbacuma

"George Bush doesn't care about black people"

n-1 starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/26/2008 07:18PM

props for the festival community keeping it real on this one

philhitz Thu 6/26/2008 07:33PM

actually went in 05 (&02-04) & don't remember the concrete walkway that year -- it's the last few lineups & 7 hour hassles to get in keeping me away -- not the patrons nor the good times -- yeah sure jambands still play there -- it's just a lot more spotty now -- mr. west is surely making the other mega-fests look like a better choice now, isn't he? -- on the other hand, good times are not limited to bonnaroo -- take a look around & see what you can find -- and if you had (or have had) gone since the first one, it appeared that by the 4th year the cat was way out of the bag -- no longer a jam only crowd, but more like a free-for-all where everything was about getting wasted, instead of the tunes - not that i don't like to party -- maybe i'm just getting too old - ha ha - i guess 02 & 03 really spoiled me - by all means continue to have fun - if this is fun.

oosnia star Thu 6/26/2008 07:48PM

oosnia

exactly why i don't go to bonnaroo

hurstan starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/26/2008 09:27PM

hurstan

what a bullshitter. in 7 years of bonnaroo and hundreds of acts and thousands of fans, nobody has delivered that poor of a performance. lupe delivered that night. pearl jam delivered. i wish i hadn't left sigur ros. next week is rothbury and i'm willing to bet that snoop & sts9 & dmb & every other act there will put on a better performance than little mr. bitch kanye west.

hurstan starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/26/2008 09:29PM

hurstan

oh, and i agree that roo is better now with all the diversity. if you want a strictly jam fest, go to all good.

cornmealep starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/27/2008 12:09AM

kanye once again proves to us all what an arrogant prick he really is! guy shoulda left his mouth wired shut!

snausages Fri 6/27/2008 05:35AM

snausages

hahahaha YES!

i love everyone on this thread!!!

PCPrabbit Fri 6/27/2008 09:37AM

PCPrabbit

hehe, that bisco kid is hilarious. i love when threads turn to how talented a band is, and someone pipes in with "i saw them when i was f****d up on X, Y, Z." the real funny part is that to get to this level of mentality, they must have a group of friends who is the same way and believes that a band is as good as their hallucinatory experience.

o yes and F*** kanye indeed. i kiiiind of respect his "skills" at producing. the blueprint was a really sick album and most things that are labeled with him as a producer are actually really good. the deciding factor is he is TERRIBLE at rapping. unoriginal, not a great voice, uninteresting, nursery rhymes. please don't hold this against me, but i actually think 50 cent is a better rapper than kanye. wow, that felt weird.

montra1 star Fri 6/27/2008 11:21AM

KANGAY IS THE WORLD's SORRIEST EXCUSE FOR AN ARTIST. HIS SHIT IS STRAIGHT UP TERRIBLE. MY LITTLE SISTER HAS MORE STREET CRED.

shadybackflash Fri 6/27/2008 12:32PM

shadybackflash

let's be realistic... kanye was a wanker and he put a damper on bonnaroo... but the blame needs to rest at the feet of bonnaroo... that means superfly presents and ac entertainment. not only did they let this wanker run rough-shod over phil lesh, pulling his set an hour early, but they also let the cops and security run rough-shod over the crowd.

is it too soon to start to suggest that the jam-band / deadhead crowd turn its backs on the 'roo and let them have the latest flash-in-the-pan MTV stars and the country western stars and the rest of us can just boycott-a-roo?

kanye wasn't the problem. it was a symptom of the problem. the problem is bonnaroo wants to change its crowd. i say let 'em change the crowd and for the rest of us, let's roll up our carpets, head to another campfire and leave that town in bonnaruin...

fwiw, i've been to all seven bonnaroos, given them thousands of dollars to be an official merchant, and seen the show change from day one to the present. i hope i don't return even if they book led zeppelin, the rolling stones, pink floyd and tom waits... i hope i'm done with that show and the direspect it shows to its crowd and its merchants.

greyegg3 Fri 6/27/2008 02:28PM

Has anyone ever noticed that in kanye's music he always gives props to Products, much like in the movies, and yes he gets paid everytime he advertises a product. It's a new law that protects artists.

And he did the same here on this post he put up, where he advertises Mac Book Air. Is it that he is expecting the law to pay him everytime he speaks or is he so whipped by the machine that he has simple become one of its parts. Kanye West is weak sauce!

cmaxwell Sat 6/28/2008 12:46AM

When egomaniacs post their meltdowns via blog, the comedy just never ends. Music's Mussolini is shaking his fist at the Roo y'all!

Mountain_Icculus Sat 6/28/2008 01:54AM

Mountain_Icculus

cheers shady well put.

Scarlett5446 Sat 6/28/2008 07:52AM

Scarlett5446

Fuck you Kanye! Putting on great show doesn't require a Glow Stage, it requires talent. Even if your shit for your show wasn't there, you could've rocked the stage anyway. A true artist doesn't set out to disappoint their fans in order to to have a lavish stage set up. Fuck you, you arrogant, anal, talentless piece of shit.

craig2134 Sat 6/28/2008 12:30PM

and of course he cashed the check anyway, even though he couldnt give us stronger in 'all of it's greatness'.

rollamcnut starstarstarstar Sun 6/29/2008 08:08AM

rollamcnut

That's what Bonnaroo gets for inviting Kayne to play, and that's what Kanye gets for trying to cram so much shit on the stage in the hope that people might forget that he is a better producer than he is a performer. As a person who has been to many festies plus the first three years of the Roo, it is total BS for him to that they didn't have the proper amount of time to set up........I stood in the pouring rain for about 2 hours waiting for the Dead to come on in '04, and they killed. Nobody booed them, or threw any thing at the stage.... Kayne you should stick to what you know playing indoor arenas in markets where people will be just happy seeing your huge dome projected on a giant (now)broken screen and just phone it in the rest of your career..... and for those of you that bought Bonnaroo tix just to see Kanye and were disappointed.... Whaaaaaaaa!!!

hurstan starstarstarstarstar Sun 6/29/2008 03:10PM

hurstan

i'm sure i'm not the only one on this thread who's seen common or tribe called quest or the beasties or kweli or atmosphere or mighty mos or de la soul or sage francis or lupe or jurassic 5 or lyrics born or blah blah blah the list goes on and on.

those are real hip hop ARTISTS. real performers. they don't need an elaborate set and they don't mind playing opposite other acts. kanye's just riding a wave. you know what happens to waves?

they break.

Kritter419 starstarstarstarstar Mon 6/30/2008 09:49AM

I was so excited to see this show, glow in the dark, late at night at Bonnaroo... I missed Lesh, Ros, Kweli as the rest... Did anyone see anything glow in the dark? How is it that Metallica and Tool can have their sets ready to go on time and someone like Kanye can't. He never addressed the crowd, no sorry, no hello, NOTHING. All I saw was Kanye whining to a fembot and the sunrise that morning. Israel Vibration got canceled! CANCELED! They are old and who knows how long they will be around. They sure aren't in TN for me to see anytime soon. FUCK YOU KANYE! He played in here in Nashville at MTSU - he forgot lyrics to a song and quit playing in the middle and did a whining song for 20 fucking minutes, people got up and went to the bathroom! Sorry, Kanye, your over! Learn to perform your music.

veto noshake Mon 6/30/2008 01:20PM

veto noshake

if this guy put half as much work into his music as he does his bitching and moaning....yeah, he'd probably still suck.

nfranklin20 starstarstarstarstar Mon 6/30/2008 01:59PM

An open letter to Kanye West:

There are so many things wrong with that statement it's hard to know where to start. Not only is it amazingly transparent from the beginning... "...I might break my fucking Mac book Air!!!!!!!! " Thanks for either bragging about your new computer or dropping an obvious product placement. Either way... stop it.

And then to go on to complain about the way Bonnaroo is run is just funny to me. Bonnaroo is the biggest fest each year it has been around for how long? 2002? Who heard of you outside Chicago before that? Second for you to complain that you were waiting for Pearl jam... again, how long have you been around? How long has Pearl Jam? My point is, rookie, settle down, slow your fucking ego and realize you just got to big leagues. You're lucky to even share the same line up with some of the artists at Bonnaroo.

And then your grammar and "e-anger". Who the fuck, outside of 13 year olds, uses all caps to express anger, and a million exclamation points? Learn to use your words and your grammar and not have little shit fit temper tantrums, and people may actually take you seriously.

You're a talented artists, but your offstage antics and your ego are so unappealing you won't be around much longer. You are like the hot girl with no personality... fun for a minute, but you get really bored with their stupidity.

Grow you Kanye. Loss that kindergarten attitude-shit, and act like a fucking professional.

gratefulsugaree starstarstarstarstar Mon 6/30/2008 02:48PM

Hahahahaha...whaaaabulance....

hahahahaa...hit by ricky skaggs tour bus....bwahhahahaha...

Kayne, is a douch bag. Plain and simple.

Please no more douch baggery ac/superfly.

AJ Mon 6/30/2008 02:49PM

AJ

I didnt go to bonnaroo because of Kanye. Wont be there next year, if they hire some lameass rappers. Rap sucks and takes no talent what so ever...

Putnameter Mon 6/30/2008 06:30PM

Putnameter

Grow some fucking balls and be a musician, not a stage jockey! SQUID BRAINS! that shits too funny! Why would he even talk about icing his knees, what a fucking pussy.

DiDeNofa Mon 6/30/2008 07:25PM

And this is why I haven't been to Bonnaroo for the past two years. The line ups have gone to sh*t. The people (fans) there are getting worse and worse. I remember when it was Jam Bands, and the whole atmosphere was different. I love Pearl Jam...but Pearl Jam at Bonnaroo??? Bonnaroo needs to go back to the way it used to be. Now all of a sudden the Olsen twins are spending their birthdays there, and it is on MTV. When I went no one ever even heard of Bonnaroo, and thats the way I liked it.

GROG Tue 7/1/2008 11:59AM

GROG

What did Bonnaroo expect! Kanye isn't Phamily ! Get back to the real

SQUIDBRAINS Tue 7/1/2008 01:23PM

We all know why he needs to ice his knees... I am the TRUE squid brains. Yo!

Nick1257 Tue 7/1/2008 03:47PM

Nick1257

Where are all those kids who were defending Bonnaroo a couple days ago... Im glad i got in while it was good 02-06 vet... fuck 07 and fuck 08... Fuck kanye...

smokey82832 Tue 7/1/2008 05:26PM

Nick1257 if u didn't go in 07 and 08 u missed a shit ton of good music....I can't imagine what u could have been doing that weekend that was better than the 'roo ...sure there maybe fests u like better but sitting around picking the ticks off your ass isn't more exciting than rocking out to so dam good music

curtbraski starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/1/2008 08:16PM

curtbraski

if George Bush hates black people... Kanye West hates hippies

Deadphans Tue 7/1/2008 09:21PM

Deadphans

I did absolutely nothing better than Roo lol. I worked and thought about my friends and what they were doing down there. I sat at home and watched it on TV on Fuse. WHICH WAS really dissappointing, they showed one song by Les, and a ton by Metallica. >:0 I couldn't go this year, was too broke. But I was at Roo in 04, 05, 06, 07....and 04, 05 was way better than 06 and 07, and I'm sure 08. But, I'm not in to the indie stuff too much. I hardly like MMJ. So naturally I would like the older, jamband hippiesque bonnaroos.

Phishwater86 starstarstarstar Tue 7/1/2008 11:59PM

Phishwater86

hahaha........I remember looking at the line up for the 08 Bonnaroo, and I remember saying to myself, "Kanye,...What the Fuck!...Bonnaroo is gonna REALLY regret bringing him on board". And guess what....they totaly bit their tounges hard on this one. The fact of the matter is, he should have never been there in the first place. He is the type of "artist" that has been pampered by MTV and a bunch of teeny boppers for years. I personaly think his music sucks, but to each his own. He clearly dosnt understand, or dosnt care that the festival is all about MUSIC!!! not a fucking light show, or his wardrobe, or who else is playing that can cut into his audience. I hope this little incident teaches all festivals a lesson, that you cannot let little cocky MTV douchebags play at the greatest festival around.

WillieWampus star Wed 7/2/2008 07:46AM

WillieWampus

AWESOME:

Deadphans Wed 7/2/2008 08:50AM

Deadphans

lmfao.

hotphishtrish starstarstarstarstar Wed 7/2/2008 12:51PM

Go Pearl Jam...you should have played even longer so Kanye never had the chance to get booooooed!!!

n-1 Wed 7/2/2008 05:25PM

thanks for the ill inside story Willie

n-1 Wed 7/2/2008 05:28PM

BWAAAAHAAA HAAA green apples thats hysterical

theragman Thu 7/3/2008 02:58PM

hey Kanye, Puff Daddy called. He wants his awesome skills back.

P.s. Pearl Jam SHOULD have just played all night. Their set was fire.

kwunn Fri 7/4/2008 01:10PM

fuck off kanye.

i was one of the thousands of fans waiting for you to come on stage. i fell asleep despite everyone booing you. i wouldve maybe taken your response seriously if you didnt spend the whole time whining about bonnaroo staff. it turned dark outside at 10 oclock and there is no way that you can use the light show as as excuse because YOU were the one who waited until the sun started rising. again.. your fault. you lost a lot of fans that night including me. if you wanna talk about effort, you should prolly be thanking the people who DID stay to watch your shitty performance. you waited because you are selfish and it didnt pay off. now everyone can see [even more than before] how much of a bitch you are.

TheKitchenSink Sat 7/5/2008 01:53PM

TheKitchenSink

haha what a tool.. " im typing so hard i might break my mac book air" hahahahahahaha like come on Kanye.. stop complaining. stop stealing other peoples music. stop being a dickhole and seriously you shouldn't have even been there.

kit022074 Sun 7/6/2008 01:48PM

O my Knees hurt! What are you freaking 60? you are a complete moron , please write your own music and stop stealing from Daft Punk and other artists that can work without pitching a bitch over ever little thing. Its not the white mans fault your an angry bitter black man in your 40's that cant play a song of his own. fuck Kanye

wsp10 starstarstar Tue 7/8/2008 09:32AM

wsp10

OK KANYE. HERE'S THE DEAL. IF YOU WOULD HAVE JUST HIT THE STAGE AND APOLOGIZED FOR BEING LATE THEN ALL WOULD HAVE BEEN WELL. AT A FESTIVAL WHERE KIDS HAVE BEEN UP SINCE THE CRACK OF DAWN, ESP THOSE CAMPING IN TN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SUMMER, THEY DON'T WANT TO BE WAITING 2 1/2 FOR A LATE NIGHT SHOW. AND LETS GET IT RIGHT. YOU MADE PHIL LESH QUIT AN HOUR EARLY, HE'S HARD TO UPSET AND HE WAS PISSED WHEN HE WAS LEAVING THE STAGE. ALL BECAUSE YOU HAD TO PUT ON SOME GAY A** GLOW IN THE DARK SHOW. BW WHAT YOU DID AND WHAT SNOOP JUST DID LAST WEEKEND AT ROTHBURY THERE IS A REASON RAPPERS DONT GET TO PLAY FESTIVALS THAT OFTEN. YA'LL CAN'T DO IT. DOESN'T FIT IN WITH ALL YOU HOMIES BEING ON STAGE AND SCREAMING AT THE SAME TIME. HOPEFULLY BONNAROO AND ROTHBURY AND OTHER FESTIVAL THAT ARE MOSTLY INDIE AND JAM ORIENTED WILL JUST KEEP BRINGING HIP HOP ARTIST WHO KNOW HOW TO PLAY A FESTIVAL. AND ONE LAST THING JUST ADMIT THAT YOUR GLOW IN THE DARK SHOW WAS NOT HALF WHAT DAFPUNKS WAS. FACE THE CHANTS ARE TRUE. KANYE YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

jennywithani Tue 7/8/2008 02:12PM

jennywithani

Yea, I just saw snoop at Roth, and I thought he was cool! I'm definitely a jam fan, but I grew up listenin to snoop, and I def enjoyed smokin at 4:20 with him! I def would not compare him to Kanye... He was so happy to be there... tons of crowd participation played with other shows going on... his flashiest prop was a 6 foot bong! It def wasn't my favorite show... but compared to Kanye, he did it right.

elkchild Sun 7/13/2008 02:09PM

I would like to start by saying that I am a 37 y.o African American Female so when you are reading the following comment please keep that in mind. i have been seeing bad press building about k.w. for a while & I had been wondering when everyone else was going to figure out what I(and many other black folks) noticed the first time we ever heard him open his mouth. That nigga is crazy. He's like our cousin ray-ray, we all love him but we don't ever expect him to say anything intelligent or make sensible choices. So people please stop inviting our crazy cousin Kanye to your music festivals & award shows. He ain't gone act right. He can't help it, he just don't know how. The only reason we, as a black community didn't say somethin sooner is because we thought ya'll liked him. But, this is your final warning the next time you invite him somewhere and he shows his ass it's on you. Just one question, If you aren't buying his records then who is?

muffina Sat 4/20/2013 08:27AM

why google withdrew this video?