Hollingsworth Joins Hart Band

Kyle Hollingsworth Joins Mickey Hart Band

Kyle Hollingsworth
The String Cheese Incident's Kyle Hollingsworth is the latest addition to the Mickey Hart Band. The keyboard player will join a roster that already includes Steve Kimock on guitar, bass player George Porter Jr. vocalist Jen Durkin, percussionist Walfredo Reyes Jr. and Sikiru Adepoju on talking drums. The group will take to the road once again, starting on July 2 at the Southgate House in Newport, KY, wrapping things up in Detroit Lakes, MN on July 24 at the 10,000 Lakes Festival.

All Mickey Hart Band tour dates available here...

[Published on: 6/18/08]

Comments

ao1 starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/18/2008 03:42PM

ao1

This is amazing.........CANNOT WAIT FOR ROTHBURY

UnbrokenChain7 starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/18/2008 03:46PM

UnbrokenChain7

Come to Gathering of the Vibes!

Danimal Wed 6/18/2008 03:47PM

Danimal

Kyle's project w/Speech and Chief Xcel/DJ Logic was the shit. I think he's the coolest cheese member.

45king Wed 6/18/2008 04:09PM

"Fish played the vacume and ruined your set WALFREDO! WALFREDO!"

DevinKlein Wed 6/18/2008 04:16PM

Hollingsworth should fill out this lineup a bit. I saw them down at Langerado and it was good, but not quite as great as I might have hoped. Hopefully by 10KLF they'll have it together a bit more and maybe stretch out some jams a bit further.

Greatwaves Wed 6/18/2008 04:18PM

Greatwaves

this show might as well be called the Allstar Jam, man i wish they were playing in cleveland... now is this gonna be a Rhythm Devils 2 or is this gonna be some thing a little less dead oriented? either way im gonna lap it up.... some Dead, some Kimock Jazz, some Funk, some CHeese? lets get it on

O1Roggae Wed 6/18/2008 04:28PM

O1Roggae

Mickey needs to get rid of jen durkin, the only women singer I have ever liked for any dead related band was joan osborne when she played for P & F.

DanFish Wed 6/18/2008 04:30PM

they play near cleveland at nelson ledges quarry park on the 4th of july

daveapaug Wed 6/18/2008 05:02PM

daveapaug

C'mon Mick, I wanna see your band added to Outside Lands. A San Francisco Festival just is not complete without some members of the Dead.

acomma Wed 6/18/2008 05:13PM

acomma

sick sick sick!!! i've heard good things about mickey's band

phunkle starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/18/2008 07:09PM

phunkle

This lineup looks like lots of fun. I always thought Kyle was probably the most truly talented member of cheese so he should bring some good stuff to Mickey's band. It will be interesting to hear what type of setlists they play. How about an MLT with Kimock on guitar, Mickey on perc, and Porter on bass......nasty!

crazyleggedelbow Wed 6/18/2008 07:29PM

WOOO! Southgate House is the sickest venue in Newport/Cincinnati Area. Looking forward to this/Rothbury.

moethug Wed 6/18/2008 09:01PM

moethug

gsbmf=great southbay music festival

TennJedEye starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/18/2008 09:14PM

This is great, that band was already the real deal, now with Kyle, who in my opinion is as close as it gets to Brent, this band will burn down any house it appears in. OK, I'm raving, but still, bought my tix for Rams Head Live in Baltimore today, and I'm leaning to getting Birchmere VA too.

Peace thru Dead Cheese!

ScIFreak starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/18/2008 09:25PM

ScIFreak

Good news, Can't wait to hear this at Rothbury!! See ya all you Dead Cheese Phans on Thursday.!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 04:04AM

Kyle is the best cheese member. Jen Durkin is a great singer, infinitely less boring than Ms. Osborne, IMO.

acomma Thu 6/19/2008 06:16AM

acomma

kyle does slightly resemble brent

bigfro Thu 6/19/2008 06:45AM

bigfro

I wonder is Steve Kimmock is bringing his chair so he can sit if he gets tired? I love Kyle, I love George and Mickey, but Jenn isn't my cup of tea. My friend was hanging with a chick with dread locks and i tried to introduce myslef and she acted like I was invisible. Then I found out it was Jenn Durkin. If I had ever heard of her I would have been impressed, but that is no excuse for poor manners. So I'm mixed. She has a good voice, it just doesn't fit with this band.

bigfro Thu 6/19/2008 06:47AM

bigfro

Joan Osbourne has a five octave range and can sing her ass off. Jenn doesn't have half her voice, unless your from CT, then suddenly her voice gains three octaves she never uses.

TimCorcoran starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 06:53AM

TimCorcoran

~ROTHBURY IS THE PLACE TO SEE MICKEY~

NatiMatty starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 07:24AM

Southgate House, Newport KY, tour opener = SICK!!

breckenridgejam starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 08:15AM

breckenridgejam

Damn, this band's lineup is just getting sicker and sicker... I hope they swing through Colorado sometime soon!

DAMONCORY starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/19/2008 10:16AM

DAMONCORY

Interesting....Glad I get to see this @ 10klf!

memissthedead star Thu 6/19/2008 12:25PM

memissthedead

OK....I am not a hater by any stretch, but....I attended the Mickey Hart show at the Harmony Fest. In Santa Rosa.... It was HORRIBLE.... Really, they opened with not fade away with Jackie Green, which was just OK, but it did not suck. From that point on it was downhill.....I felt like I was on a cruise ship listening to bad calypso music...It got worse and worse and I have to say MANY people began to leave. I soon followed....Very depressing being I am a huge fan.....My word of caution is, don't get your hopes up......It was a very very sad day indeed

gmoo Thu 6/19/2008 12:39PM

gmoo

^^^ That blows. Sorry to hear about that.

CeilingFan247 Thu 6/19/2008 05:23PM

www.myspace.com/areolaeffect

leftovercheese4u Fri 6/20/2008 07:22PM

GOOSEBUMP'd

WidespreadPhanic Tue 6/24/2008 11:03AM

WidespreadPhanic

hey memissthedead - who was playing with him?

Because I have alot of faith in kimock and hollingsworth, don't know much a bout porter jr. but i'm hoping rothbury will be tight...if i can get there in time.