Sigur Ros New Album

Sigur Ros Releasing New Album June 24

Sigur Ros has announced plans to release the follow up to 2007's live album Heima. Set to hit streets June 24 through XL, the band's fifth LP, með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust (with a buzz in our ears we play endlessly) features eleven new tracks from the adventurous Icelandic rockers.

með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
1. gobbledigook
2. inní mér syngur vitleysingur
3. góðan daginn
4. við spilum endalaust
5. festival
6. suð í eyrum
7. ára bátur
8. illgresi
9. fljótavík
10. straumnes
11. all alright

If you are over 18, check out the video for "gobbledigook" at www.sigurros.com/dvd3.asp.

Sigur Ros tour dates available here...

[Published on: 5/29/08]

Comments

moejoerisin Thu 5/29/2008 10:06AM

moejoerisin

beautiful. these guys and gals make some gorgeous music.

BRabbit Thu 5/29/2008 10:09AM

BRabbit

i have never seen them, but i am at bonnaroo in two weeeeks woo hooo. i am saying it now, "it will be one of the best performances of bonnaroo history". its great i see sigur ros then catch the end of lesh and friends, i might cry.

RothburyWithCheese star Thu 5/29/2008 10:38AM
Conjugal Burning starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/29/2008 10:52AM

Conjugal Burning

jealous am I for all of you who witness their late night set at the roo.

1048 starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/29/2008 10:58AM

1048

hell yeah, this album is going to be the shit. "gobbledigook" reminds me of some older Animal Collective.

George W. Bush II starstarstarstar Thu 5/29/2008 11:12AM

George W. Bush II

I saw them once, but you had to sit down the entire time and I was having a hard time staying awake. Not to say they arent good, I just didnt see them in the right place.

Cola21 Thu 5/29/2008 06:17PM

Cola21

Anyone who gets the opportunity to see Sigur Ros this summer on their few US performances, enjoy it thoroughly and know that you are not just going to a concert. It can only be a spiritual exodus into a place we only dream of trekking. Chalk that up as a hippy response if you like. I just see it as a fact.

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Fri 5/30/2008 12:43AM

HoodooVoodoo

I am debating about seeing these guys when they come to Tijuana on June 8th. I've heard they re good live but I'm not sure if its worth the risk of being gunned down by drug lords. Hmmm...(scratches chin)

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Fri 5/30/2008 06:38AM

they are a fantastic avant garde band.. If I was younger I would not give a rats ass, but I am old now, and I appreciate their ART..

FreshFlavor starstarstarstarstar Fri 5/30/2008 08:57AM

FreshFlavor

Agree. One of the most spiritual and universally appreciated bands I have ever heard. Really excited to listen to this album. Ingenious approach to avant garde. Very well put Cola21. Their approach bores down into the essence of what it means human transcending culture, gender, class, or status. An absolute must see/experience if anyone gets the opportunity.

redhed Wed 6/4/2008 05:25AM

redhed

wow that was a strange video, good song i guess