WSP Announce Summer Tour

Widespread Panic Announce Summer Tour

Widespread Panic
Set to kick-off the summer tour at Bonnaroo, Widespread Panic will then jet out to L.A. for a run of dates in SoCal before hitting Red Rocks for three nights, Kansas City's Uptown Theater for a two night engagement and then Rothbury. The band will then duck up into Canada and head over to the East Coast and touch down at All Good before sliding south and eventually coming back out west for San Francisco's Outside Lands festival.

Widespread Panic Tour Dates

07/25/08 Fri Verizon Wireless Amphitheater Charlotte, NC
07/26/08 Sat Verizon Wireless Amphitheater Charlotte, NC
08/24/08 Sun Outside Lands Festival San Francisco, CA
08/28/08 Thu Jazz Aspen Snowmass Aspen, CO
08/29/08 Fri Jazz Aspen Snowmass Aspen, CO

[Published on: 4/30/08]

Comments

HarlandEast starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 11:04AM

hell yeah! three nights at red rocks sounds good to me.

_Shug_ Wed 4/30/2008 11:06AM
reed Wed 4/30/2008 11:10AM

reed

why does it seem like every band is avoiding NYC this summer, it looks like i have to venture to Philly again to see something worth seeing this year

pbandJAM7 Wed 4/30/2008 11:13AM

2 nights in knoxville

thank god!!!

ReeDiddy starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 11:17AM

ReeDiddy

Great. Can't wait for Rothbury, might hafta jet down to Cleveland, too. Or maybe I'll just quit my job a do the whole damn tour.

LuvMuscle777 Wed 4/30/2008 11:26AM

knoxvegas fuck yeah!!!!!

phish3110 Wed 4/30/2008 11:31AM

what the hell happened to the carbondale show that got canceled on the last tour???

MusicIsGood Wed 4/30/2008 11:31AM

coming up to canada? I'll give em a shot

nsafay Wed 4/30/2008 11:41AM

Man Shit. I was hoping they would headline both Sat and Sun at Allgood. Any clue on the Sunday night headliner there?

By the way.....I went to the Raleigh shows this past weekend and they were fucking great! Anne Marie Calhoun......WOW!

jordonimo Wed 4/30/2008 11:44AM

jordonimo

ERS1220 said: "wsp sux"

I honestly do not understand why people hate on this band so much? I'm not their biggest fan, only been to a handful of shows but, to me they just play good, no gimmicks, no bullshit, rock & roll. if you don't like it, why would you even click on the announcement except to be a cynical, disruptive, a-hole. go back to high school

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 11:56AM

AZ~*Droo*

FLAGSTAFF AZ? HOLY SHIT!!! they havent been to az since 05 fall! this is gonna be one hellofa welcome back party in the sickest venue in the state!

Marcsmall Wed 4/30/2008 11:57AM

Marcsmall

See ya on the Rocks....I haven't missed a panic Red Rocks show since 2000....And with Jimmy, they sound better than ever before....Cannot wait

daveapaug Wed 4/30/2008 11:57AM

daveapaug

Yet somehow ERS1220 lists the Allmans as a favorite band???? Hello?

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 11:59AM

RothburyWithCheese

I have finally gotten into these guys. I'll be seeing them in Houston and the at the 'Roo and at Rothbury! Jimmy Herring rules!!

panicpanicpanic! Wed 4/30/2008 12:00PM

panicpanicpanic!

Anne Marie was amazing! have you listened to the stream???? ALLGOOD->PORTSMOUTH->CHARLOTTE->CHARLOTTE. and just did raleigh-raleigh-richmond. this has been the best year and panic is ON FIRE!!!

daveapaug starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 12:01PM

daveapaug

How do I get from Diego to Flagstaff overnight? It's like 500 miles! And yes, that flagstaff venue looks sick. I hope they kill in Canada. Cant wait for Europe.

msudtg Wed 4/30/2008 12:02PM

msudtg

I am disapointed... another year without a trip to minnesota... the last time being oct of 2006... I will be driving to colorado and michigan to see them... but c'mon!!!!

jazzfester starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 12:35PM

Wait a minute...that first day is tomorrow. I will be there.

tourfan starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 12:37PM

Oh Hell Yea. Can't wait for Beantown and All Good. What a run that's going to be. Just saw the band in Albany NY. Very good indeed. Jimmy and JB have really bonded on guitars, Jimmy sounds way more fluid than G. McC ever did with them. Good god yea, Thursday in Boston, on down to Allgood. Will miss Philly to make it in line for Allgood, but that's cool. Wow, can't wait for July.

uhoh Wed 4/30/2008 12:42PM

uhoh

Kc!

sk8er4ever0101 starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 12:44PM

Good to see! Not a huge fan of WSP, but they do put on a nice show!

As to all these haters, why doesn't everyone just ignore them, mark as spam, and move on with the topic. You just fuel the fire when you respond to them, because that is what they want!

See you and rothberry panic!

koach starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 12:59PM

YEA!!!!!!!!!!! widespread 3 nights at Orpheum...

bluke11 Wed 4/30/2008 01:19PM

last season at the backyard and no shows there? don't believe it. has to be a a three night barn burner mid-late august in the works.

mlriley Wed 4/30/2008 01:30PM

mlriley

see ya at red rocks!!!!

ReaganSector9 Wed 4/30/2008 01:30PM

ReaganSector9

St. Louis gets screwed again...

Muffinman1 Wed 4/30/2008 02:24PM

Muffinman1

Rothbury on July 4th. I don't know if it is going to get any better than that. I personally can't f*ing wait!!!

Chaloupka starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 02:26PM

Chaloupka

RED ROCKS!!!

carphishhead Wed 4/30/2008 02:39PM

carphishhead

Tourfan, how are you going to miss Thursday night at Allgood? If I were going I'd be sure not to pass on that. I've learned from my mistake last year, GET THERE EARLY!

Tehsay starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 03:07PM

Tehsay

that cdale show will most likely be made up this fall. that's when I'll probably catch a few shows as there's really nothing that close to me, and with gas so fucking expensive, well, haha yeah...

Altho Hitting July 1-2 in K.C. then driving 11 hours to Rothbury sounds so hetty.

id rather be phishing Wed 4/30/2008 03:31PM

id rather be phishing

No Bethel Woods again?!! screw Rochester, Bethel Woods is the nicest venue on the east coast (especially NY), its like a country club in the mountains.

lilgman Wed 4/30/2008 04:49PM

Cant wait for 3 nights in the Rocks... Also going to see you guys hopefully in Kansas on the way to Rothbury...

beadiamondsomday starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 05:02PM

beadiamondsomday

i was startin to doubt the boys, lovin the herring era but how many drivins can a man hear. just back from svana and raleigh and ill tell you what, i smacked myself in the face for having doubts, they bustin out shit thats been on the shelf like its goin out style, they gettin done right now !!!!!! what a wondrful comunity

burritoltc starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 05:22PM

I will try my damnedest to be at Red Rocks!!! and Knox!

Superstition from 10/1/06 in Lexington was sick as hell good to see some love from that show!

gabus! star Wed 4/30/2008 05:28PM
gabus! star Wed 4/30/2008 05:30PM
j-bizzle Wed 4/30/2008 06:34PM

j-bizzle

"You can't get any cheesier of a croawd(sp?) or any cheesier of a rock band."

Coming from a dude that list the cheeeeeze as one of his favorite bands. You suck.

Muffinman1 Wed 4/30/2008 06:52PM

Muffinman1

Gaybus! I know your not saying anything about covers when you have DSO listed as one of your favorites and not the REAL band! You couldn't get any CHEESIER of an outfit too. Ass clown!

seancgard starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 06:53PM

Hooray for Flagstaff. I miss Panic in AZ.

tb Wed 4/30/2008 07:10PM

tb

i don't understand why there is so much hate channeled towards panic, they fuckin BRING it

KristopherApa Wed 4/30/2008 08:43PM

Yeah I second that they should be at Bethel Woods. Now I gotta drive out to rochester or philly..

ReeDiddy starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 09:15PM

ReeDiddy

How can a Georgia native trash the greatest band to come out of his home state since the Allmann Brothers? What a traitor. I've met kids from Georgia, and they love their Panic like us Wisconsinites love our beer, cheese, and Packers. Shame on you, gabus. I hope one of your students puts a tack on your chair.

Joshc104 starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/30/2008 09:57PM

Joshc104

!!!! NOW WE KNOW WHAT OUR SUMMER PLANS ARE !!!!

discomcgee Wed 4/30/2008 11:25PM

discomcgee

FL always gets the shaft

Mule86 Thu 5/1/2008 06:15AM

Mule86

Panic has always ripped it and Herring is an incredible guitarist. Too many haters on the Jambase forums...I drove 22 hours to see STS9 and Cheese at Red Rocks, you don't ever hear me complain

noltrain starstarstarstar Thu 5/1/2008 09:22AM

noltrain

Panic last weekend in Raleigh was amazing. If you still haven't seen them w/ Jimmy Herring you don't know what you're missing.

JoeyTheFoot starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/1/2008 10:57AM

JoeyTheFoot

^^^Agree with noltrain fully...Jimmy has brought new life to Panic over the past two years. The first show I saw with Jimmy was 9/30/2006 in Charlotte..absolutely killer show, check out the setlist for that night. Regardless, two more nights in Charlotte, not to mention seeing them just two weeks before at All Good. Man what a summer this is gonna be!!

JoeyTheFoot Thu 5/1/2008 11:01AM

JoeyTheFoot

Whats up with all of the WSP hatin' on jambase? Panic is one of the most talented bands touring today. I don't care what anyone says, those guys bring it every show and they throw it down constantly. And for whoever says its Teeny Bopper frat boy music, maybe you should grow up a little dude...

jimmyjetski starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/1/2008 11:18AM

I'm in Rochester...and have been following Panic for 10 years.... but the Armory?? eww! CMAC shell is open, Highland Bowl, or even High Falls? I saw a great Big Summer Classic.

Rent must be cheapo, and it will be a general admission jam. That place in Toronto is nice.. saw Cheese there.. Very hip

Lord-K. starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/1/2008 12:24PM

Lord-K.

What about the make up date for Carbondale play the cave!!!!!

baas23 Thu 5/1/2008 01:09PM

ill be there

tourmaniac Thu 5/1/2008 01:09PM

tourmaniac

What about the make up date for Carbondale play the cave!!!!!

That's like saying "I want Panic to make up their date at Copper Dragon!" It would be cool but it ain't gonna happen.

However I would like an answer as to why my Carbontucky show isn't being made up this summer.

j-bizzle Thu 5/1/2008 01:53PM

j-bizzle

tourmaniac - pretty sure they have always had the make-up date slated for the fall. i can see them doing another NE run (boston, philly, etc...) and then possibly indy and carbondale.

hnkscrpio Thu 5/1/2008 02:21PM

hnkscrpio

Panic would never play the cave, that place is way too shady and poorly run, heard someone got stabbed there last year. It has a lot of potential, but I don't know if they could ever handle a big show there. I would definitely go if they did though.

Tommy Thu 5/1/2008 07:49PM

Stoked for LA, but hopefully they kill the nazi-like security that was working the Orpheum last year. Feeling under girls bras, making people take off their shoes, 3 minute pat-downs. SUCKED.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Fri 5/2/2008 03:15AM

I wanna to the TENN THEATER but why M and T?? damnit!!!

I need a weekend close by, I did not make a single show of spring!!!

moejoerisin Sun 5/4/2008 11:48AM

moejoerisin

never seen them, but i definitely want to check out at least one of their shows at the rocks.

skoorbalot Mon 5/5/2008 01:56AM

Was anyone else at the GP show Saturday night? Amazing. Schools is a god.

bigfro Mon 5/5/2008 12:02PM

bigfro

break out yer eightballs

andvon starstarstarstarstar Mon 5/5/2008 01:46PM

andvon

Grand Prairie was ridiculous.

theivywall starstarstarstarstar Tue 5/6/2008 08:01AM

theivywall

Papa's hitting the road again