Umph & STS9 Summer Tour

UMPHREY'S MCGEE AND STS9 JOIN FORCES FOR SUMMER TOUR

STS9
Touring heavyweights STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector) and Umphrey's McGee team up for what promises to be one of the hardest-hitting tours of the summer. This co-bill will feature extended sets by both bands, and will stop in Midwest and east coast cities throughout the month of July. Look, also, for very special late night sets by each band in select markets, including Philadelphia, Raleigh, Madison, Chicago, and NYC. Tickets for all shows are available now at STS9 Ticketing (www.sts9.com) and UMTix (www.umphreys.com) and at local ticket outlets beginning April 19.

Not-for-profit Conscious Alliance will host food drives at every stop of this summer's STS9/Umphrey's McGee tour. All patrons donating ten non-perishable food items or more will receive a limited edition summer tour poster. In addition to the tour poster, there will also be a special edition poster for the two-night run in Atlanta. Visit www.consciousalliance.org for details.

In addition, Head Count will be at each show to help get folks registered to vote. More information available at www.headcount.org.

The STS9 and Umphrey's McGee tour stops in the following cities:
07.10 Willow Island Centre Madison WI
07.10 Barrymore Theatre Madison, WI (STS9 AFTER PARTY)
07.11 Live on the Levee St. Louis MO FREE SHOW!
07.12 Westfair Amphitheater Omaha NE

07.15 Moonlite Gardens Cincinnati OH
07.16 Innsbrook Pavilion Glen Allen VA
07.17 Promowest Pavilion Cincinnati OH
07.18 White River Lawn Indianapolis IN
07.19 Charter One Pavilion Chicago IL
07.19 House of Blues Chicago IL (STS9 AFTER PARTY)
07.23 Higher Ground Burlington VT (STS9 Only)
07.24 Roseland Ballroom New York NY
07.24 Blender at Gramercy New York NY (STS9 AFTER PARTY)
07.25 Festival Pier at Penn's Landing Philadelphia PA
07.25 Fillmore at TLA Philadelphia PA (UMPHREY'S AFTER PARTY)
07.26 Bank of America Pavilion Boston MA
07.27 Pier 6 Concert Pavilion Baltimore MD
07.30 House of Blues Myrtle Beach SC
07.31 Koka Booth Amphitheater Cary NC
07.31 Lincoln Square Theatre Raleigh NC (UMPHREY'S AFTER PARTY)
08.01-08.02 Masquerade Music Park Atlanta GA
08.01-08.02 Masquerade Music Park Indoors Atlanta GA (AFTER PARTY/ARTISTS TBA)

Watch the exclusive STS9 at Langerado interview on JamBaseTV HERE
and watch the JamBaseTV Umphrey's McGee interview HERE...

[Published on: 4/3/08]

Comments

Lord-K. starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 02:04PM

Lord-K.

Madison, Chicago, St. Louis, and Indy here I come!

Conjugal Burning starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 02:12PM

Conjugal Burning

ahhh yea, although a STS9 solo tour wold be better in my eyes. Oh, and promowest (7-17) is in Columbus, not Cincy. It is also called Lifestyles pavilion or something like that now.

jambeatnik Thu 4/3/2008 02:12PM

jambeatnik

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! 7/27

uhoh Thu 4/3/2008 02:15PM

uhoh

fuck yeahhhhh

DubSaw Thu 4/3/2008 02:25PM

DubSaw

this is sick !!!

kylo star Thu 4/3/2008 02:25PM
gmoo Thu 4/3/2008 02:27PM

gmoo

Yeah for reals get that custie ass mcgee shit out my face before I throw some shwilly crystals at you because no one will trade me for my junk umphreys mcschwag...gimme a break.

On a serious note, these shows should be incredible.

briank67 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 02:29PM

briank67

YES YES YES YES YES!

chicago is gonna be sweet! this might be the highlight of my summer. who's going, let's do it big!

granola Thu 4/3/2008 02:30PM
moejoerisin Thu 4/3/2008 02:34PM

moejoerisin

if by 'pop' you mean 'textured, intelligent, genre-bending prog rock,' then yes, umphrey's is a 'pop' band.

moejoerisin Thu 4/3/2008 02:35PM

moejoerisin

p.s. - bring this show to red rocks and my summer will be complete.

granola Thu 4/3/2008 02:35PM
gmoo Thu 4/3/2008 02:36PM

gmoo

Now you're just making sound tribe look bad, freak.

phishr82 Thu 4/3/2008 02:41PM

phishr82

true gmoo^^^...both bands are sick, and totally different.

schwazreef starstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 02:41PM

As long as we get both acts at the Charter in Chicago im there. If its 2 sets of UM on the island, then a hike up to the HOB at 12am for tribe, ill problably pass on the whole she-bang.... Shit, I sound old.

granola Thu 4/3/2008 02:41PM
furrealz starstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 02:43PM
granola Thu 4/3/2008 02:43PM
SCIRGR84EVS Thu 4/3/2008 02:47PM
sbruce44 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 02:50PM

sbruce44

Three months ago nobody had a bad word to say about Umphrey's - they were the darlings of JamBase. After a few months of threads with people all over their nuts, all of a sudden Umph is the new Menudo. It's baffling to me how people just start hating on a band when they start to build a solid following, because it obviously has nothing to do with the music. I'm not old enough to see when this happened for bands like moe. and tDB, but I'm sure it went down the exact same way. Heads up everyone, My Morning Jacket will be next. Jesus, if the internet was around in the 70s, you motherfuckers would be bashing the dead for making tie-dye bumper stickers. Look if you don't like Tribe or Umph, that's cool, but just know it's obvious which of you haters are genuine and which of you are full of shit.

stoney2183 Thu 4/3/2008 02:50PM
climb2safety09 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 02:53PM

climb2safety09

Who cares just a double dose of good music....cant wait for va and nc shows

morph_dusseldorf starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 02:54PM

morph_dusseldorf

FUCK YES going to be fuckin illlll in MA

cuttyfives Thu 4/3/2008 02:58PM

"tortoise is textured rythms" hippie from bonnaroo dvd

schwazreef Thu 4/3/2008 02:58PM

This shit is backwards. Im a Chicago moe.ron with 10+ shows for each of these bands over 5+ years; and if you ask me UM is starting to sound better and better and Tribe is lossing focus/momentum/real fans. UM fans may not be the greatest, but at least most of them can buy a beer, unlike the average tribe kid. I just hope the next sector 9 album is as good as the last one casue

ao1 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 02:58PM

ao1

haha this is ridiculous.....Ill be the first to admit that im not an umphreys fan....but damn....I am a fan of music....these guys are relatively new and from what I have seen are growing at a very very fast rate...I personally would have more fun at a sound tribe show, but talent wise, you can't really look past umph....this is a good chance for the band to gain more fans and give people an oportunity to hear new music.....This should be a good tour

Danimal Thu 4/3/2008 02:59PM

Danimal

Umph will not be putting anyone to sleep. Tribe on the other hand. I actually dozed off a few times during the NYE run.

manjotar starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 03:01PM

manjotar

hell yes.

i love how there's six shows within two hours of me.

what a gooood tour!

kyjed48 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 03:03PM

sbruce44, very well put! I do think there's hope for MMJ though. Their fans seem to be some of the most genuine people I've had the pleasure of being a part of. I've never understood all the hating that goes on in this "scene." I can remember a few years back when you either had to like WP or Phish. But, God forbid you say you liked them both! You could just see the confusion on each party's face.

But in my opinion UM and STS9 sounds like a perfect fit on one ticket! They're both extremely talented and should melt the faces off the entire audience. I hope to catch the Cincy show.

urquhart Thu 4/3/2008 03:04PM

urquhart

cant wait for this, both these bands will rock it, especially with tribe releasing a new album, its so nice to see two of my favorite bands touring together

Grateful Red Thu 4/3/2008 03:08PM

Grateful Red

UM need no pupil growing drugs to keep you going. They just shred. They just get better and better. They're not the best out there, but STS9 can't really do any better than this and the proof is the tour. They agreed to do it so they know this is what they are, a 2nd fiddle to UM.

crawf Thu 4/3/2008 03:11PM

sleewell starstar Thu 4/3/2008 03:11PM
MusicPhiend Thu 4/3/2008 03:22PM

MusicPhiend

STS9 will be back at Red Rocks this summer. Their email with all of this information had the following at the bottom:

MORE WESTERN US STS9 DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON! STAY TUNED!

Also, my roommate sent an email to the management about coming back to Red Rocks this summer and got this reply:

"We'll be back, and not on Labor Day weekend"

BRabbit Thu 4/3/2008 03:31PM

BRabbit

i dont give a fuck what you all think, were all clueless in some aspect. to me this is incredible news. And you know what really grinds my gear? who the fuck are all you people? thinking your sts9 best friends telling them who they should play with and shouldn't shame on you and that jambase really grinds my gear. whoooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooo see you in WI MI CHI word bitchesss

tourfan starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 03:36PM

OH HELL YES! Tour of the summer as far as I'm concerned. Dig both bands quite a lot. And I get a Friday night in Boston. Oh Hell yea! Bomb Diggity, diggity diggity diggity bomb!

The Grand Wazoo Thu 4/3/2008 03:37PM

The Grand Wazoo

I'll be at the Chicago show and it's gonna be nasty.

BRabbit Thu 4/3/2008 03:40PM

BRabbit

i am dumb sometimes, but is the after party the second band playing or really is it an after party? some one please answer this nicely

moeMan1 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 03:43PM

moeMan1

um/sts9 3 nights at red rocks. i will be there how bout you?

SwaniDank starstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 03:45PM

SwaniDank

So they backtrack all over the Midwest but fail to play in an entire half of the country? Lame. But I guess the farm kids needs some love too.

phish3110 Thu 4/3/2008 03:49PM

u kids have nothin better to do with your lives than bitch about other good bands that ur just not into? go do somethin with ur useless lives.

makkswel starstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 03:49PM
RothburyWithCheese star Thu 4/3/2008 03:49PM
phish3110 Thu 4/3/2008 03:49PM

by the way free show live on the levee stl is gonna be insane!

Danimal Thu 4/3/2008 03:57PM

Danimal

"based on the thread seems to me a lot of you are real sleepy when you're at these shows. try to get a solid 8 or 9 hours in before you go next time."

I'll admit, I was pretty damn tired but that's to be expected on a four night NYE run.

BRabbit Thu 4/3/2008 03:59PM

BRabbit

i am 25 and i am um fan, and Makkswel rothbury is a festival just to let you know.

ghilliesblunt starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 04:07PM

ghilliesblunt

UM kids are mad cause theyre gonna see crystal wraps and fitted new eras in the crowd, tribe kids are mad cause of all the store bought tie dye and abercrombie/backward pre frayed brim baseball caps

you people are hopeless, two great acts decide to tour together and people find reasons to bitch, no one is forcing u at gunpoint to watch either band, go to the show to see whoever it is you wish to see and leave it at that, i think we all can agree that at least its not dave or oar as the co-headliner on the bill

Danimal Thu 4/3/2008 04:12PM

Danimal

I'm an UM fan and I wear fitted new era's. I'm not ballin with the $400 dollar wire wraps though. Maybe one day. jk. You're right though ghillies, who care's? Yet we all find something to bitch about. Even me. ha

carphishhead starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 04:12PM

carphishhead

How are the two NC dates gonna work out? Do they expect people to drive to Raleigh after the Cary show is over?

briank67 Thu 4/3/2008 04:20PM

briank67

according to umphreys' website, this is what the sts9 late shows will be like: "1320 Records Presents “The Second Set” featuring a live PA set by STS9 with special guests." ... what exactly does that mean, just laptops? i guess i don't care too much, they'll prolly wanna be off their feet for their 6th show in 5 nights...

moejoerisin Thu 4/3/2008 04:21PM

moejoerisin

this is my favorite pop song by umphrey's: http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZO9R1NBCyMM

makkswel Thu 4/3/2008 04:26PM

true they are playin roth, but that isnt on this list. still big disapoint ment

FATTY64 starstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 04:27PM

If you all want these two to go their different ways how about STS9 with Pnuma Trio and UMPH with LES, YES I said Les Claypool!!!

Bryan24 Thu 4/3/2008 04:29PM

Bryan24

Yeah this is so funny. People can't just appreciate that two very good bands are going on tour together, it doesn't happen that often that you get a two awesome bands for the price of one. This is gonna be a great tour, They're playing St. Louis for FREE. What else can you ask for?

moephishH2O Thu 4/3/2008 04:30PM

moephishH2O

WoW... wish they were hittin' the West Coast together...

ScIFreak Thu 4/3/2008 04:34PM

ScIFreak

Where are all the Big venues? Chater Ones is pretty big. But I bet STS9 could play a Creek any day of the summer... OH,IN,IL is gonna be sick.!! Umph should open up for STS9 tho!!!

RugNug Thu 4/3/2008 04:49PM

It's pretty pathetic to see everyone hating on UM because of the fans.. Last time I checked the reason anyone goes to shows is for the music, and having seeing them over 10 times I couldn't disagree more.

willydog Thu 4/3/2008 04:59PM

willydog

WEST COAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GB3K-Poops starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 05:18PM

GB3K-Poops

GB3K-Poops starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 05:19PM

GB3K-Poops

I'm a huge fan of UM, can't get enough of that sound, and i'll see them every chance I get, I agree though some of the people in the crowd suck, but I don't go to a concert for the crowd I go for the sweet sound of the band. Sound tribe is fucking sick to, they both play crazy good music and I think all the haters should just shut there mouth, stop worrying about the crowd and what they're wearing and listen to the music, because in the end thats why you go to the fucking concert! SEE YOU ALL IN WI,MO AND CHI!

biged starstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 05:33PM

biged

Not a huge fan of either of these bands....but this tour will be sick!!!

I wish they would come and play in Nashville. I would totally buck up to see these two bands together

tand0579 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 05:34PM

Chicago is gonna be insane! can't wait!

chesirecat3 Thu 4/3/2008 05:48PM

July is by far the best month in 2008 for the East Coast (or close to East anyway). Rothbury to Kick it off, All Good Next, Camp Bisco to see everyone else, STS9 and Umphreys brought this tour on the perfect open weekend to the east side tribe. New York and Boston for me, Than end the perfect July with Gathering of the Vibes. Thanks For AMAAAZING July!!!!

kylo Thu 4/3/2008 05:50PM
kylo Thu 4/3/2008 05:52PM
BRabbit Thu 4/3/2008 06:06PM

BRabbit

seriously people please just chill out its going to be fun. all this whining is killing me, i feel like i am in the elementary lunch room. everyone here enjoys live music, everyone here likes to party, everyone on here likes to grove. Why so much hatred and bitterness? everyone on jambase is good people with a good taste in music. These bands come together to entertain us, and get us out of what the real problem is the real world and the corruption it faces. whatever i am for peace and group fun. individualism is overrated most of the times.

moethug Thu 4/3/2008 06:07PM

moethug

tribe and um both rock i dont care wut anyone says...by the way wuts the deal with this aftershow thing is it guna b at a different venue

onthemoon Thu 4/3/2008 06:08PM

onthemoon

"bitch bitch bitch bitch my bands better bitch bitch"

..shut the fuck up

thedude10 Thu 4/3/2008 06:08PM

most of you people call yourselves real music fans, real music fans respect all music even if its not your favorite.have some fuckin respect for people who work their fuckin ass's off tryin to make music that they love.

MusicIsGood starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 06:09PM

stop the hate. Come to canada

zzdowz Thu 4/3/2008 06:24PM

zzdowz

Honestly, I'm suprised there are no Red Rocks. But I'm lovin the sts9 love towards Omaha on these recent tours!

paulygparty Thu 4/3/2008 06:27PM

2 of the best out there now, doin' it together.

STUMS9 COME TO SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!!!

PRETTY PLEEEEEAAASE!!!

makkswel Thu 4/3/2008 06:42PM

back to the point, whats with no allgood or camp bisco shows. i mean c'mon, what could be so impoirtant that there cant make it to the best shit goin on in july. i hope they might add some more dates

JerryisaJedi Thu 4/3/2008 06:47PM

Wow i cant believe there are not red rocks dates? GIve me a three night run end of august with some yonder!!!!!!!! till then chicago will have to do

gmoo Thu 4/3/2008 06:55PM

gmoo

I wear fitted Era Caps and love BOTH bands. Imagine that!

makkswel Thu 4/3/2008 07:01PM

dude no way... fitted caps are only for the headiest of tribe fans

FunkLizard starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 07:40PM

FunkLizard

I read a couple things on the way down, you people have some good ideas. This is gonna be wild. They both played at Langerado at the same time, during the Phix reunion. I was out of my mind, let me tell ya.

whiteriot0906 Thu 4/3/2008 07:46PM

whiteriot0906

phil at tweeter, all good, ratdog and ABB at tweeter, jam on the river, sts9 and UM festival pier... it's gonna be a good summer!

phish3110 Thu 4/3/2008 08:24PM

live on the levee is sweet its a stage set up right on the mississippi river (hence the name live on the LEVEE) and there are beer and food vendors with this cool sloped steps right under the arch with fireworks after from a barge on the river SICK dont miss it. got places to crash if needed...

acomma Thu 4/3/2008 08:29PM

acomma

So how in the hell are they playing the Moonlite Gardens on the 15th, driving to VA for the 16th, then playing the Riverbend, which is in the same amusement park as the Moonlite Gardens, on the 17th? That makes absolutley no sense to me whatsoever.

acomma Thu 4/3/2008 08:32PM

acomma

Someone PLEASE make some sense out of this peculiar scheduling. The Riverbend is monstrous compared to the Moonlite Gardens.

Scarlett5446 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 08:36PM

Scarlett5446

SWEET!!!!

acomma Thu 4/3/2008 08:49PM

acomma

My bad, I read Cincy on the Promowest date and automatically thought the Riverbend.

climb2safety09 starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 09:00PM

climb2safety09

East coast is where it is at june july.....at innsebrook pavillion you mad bands playing together got...moe/db......yonder/keller and TLG/Gov't mule and sts9/Umph....thank god i live 2 hours away....i think i see a new trend a brewing too!!!! 2 band concerts

granola Thu 4/3/2008 09:03PM
leepnstof Thu 4/3/2008 09:05PM

leepnstof

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T GO...

jesposito starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 09:07PM

jesposito

well there you have it ladies and gents. this is gonna be a summer for the books. east coast is where its at this summer...can't wait!

PrinceofDANKNESS Thu 4/3/2008 09:09PM
jesposito starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 09:16PM

jesposito

oh, and in the words of the Beastie Boys, if you don't like it then hey, fuck you!

moejoerisin Thu 4/3/2008 09:19PM

moejoerisin

if you kids would use your molly-fried brains once in a while, you'd realize that the only point i was trying to make was that they are definitely not a pop band. that's it.

ezrider10 Thu 4/3/2008 09:26PM

ezrider10

what is there to complain about. if you only like UM, skip the tribe set. if you only like the tribe, skip the umph set. either way, its goin to be a fun time.

7/24! jake side/blunt side

tweeeker Thu 4/3/2008 10:10PM

Whats with all the hating on umphrey's? we are talking about umphrey's mcgee, not dave matthews right?

I'm a fan of both the tribe and umphrey's but lets get real, umphrey's can play circles around these guys and you dont need 3 or 4 doses to enjoy them. just because certain people like em doesnt mean you have to start hatin. I'll be hittin up the Cary, NC date for sure.

BoobJob1098 Thu 4/3/2008 10:39PM

BoobJob1098

Ah yea. This is gonna be so sick. Can't wait to see both bands instead of having to choose between the two (Langerado) Definitely a fine addition to my Summer season! See ya'll there!

stellarinc starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/3/2008 10:41PM

stellarinc

that is such great news about Indy. My 2 favorite bands.. together. and i dont even have to drive far!

BoobJob1098 Thu 4/3/2008 10:41PM

BoobJob1098

P.S. Missed UM to catch STS9 at Langerado. No regrets.

owu47 Fri 4/4/2008 12:11AM

yo jambase ever heard about proof reading.... i would fire the person who put this up... promo west is in columbus ohio not the cincy

schofizzl Fri 4/4/2008 12:20AM

schofizzl

i don't know much about sound tribe but i hope all their fans aren't as ignorant as these haters we got here. say what you want about umphrey's fans but we don't go around talking shit about other bands for NO REASON AT ALL.

Muffinman1 Fri 4/4/2008 02:43AM

Muffinman1

SSSSSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!! Peir 6, Here I come

bigfro Fri 4/4/2008 06:00AM

bigfro

I love both these bands. Both have great friendly fans. I wish STS9 would takes the straight jacket off their guitar player and let him strut his stuff.The keyboard player sometimes cuts him off when he gets into a groove. This will be a fun show and Roseland is cool, but why NYC on thursday. The big city roars on Saturday night.

Shmo-Kaine starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 06:04AM

Shmo-Kaine

First of all kylo and sndtribefrk you guys must be 10 yrs old, you are acting like whiny little bitches. Shut the fuck up! Do you think you dictate what the fans of either band will do? I hope neither of you go, in protest. Personally I think this is going to kick ass! Not to piss on sts9, but UM is very talented and EVERYBODY's fanbase has d-bags, at least you don't have to be on a hand full of drugs to enjoy a UM show! They bring the energy!

VERNIXX Fri 4/4/2008 06:27AM

VERNIXX

...well, you know how these insipid young know-it-all "420danknugsheadyBrahs" always like to shit on other people's musical preferences! Meanwhile, in the real world, this tour will rage.

I also personally hope the ballcap wearing hemp necklace brigade stays home so the rest of us can enjoy the music...

makkswel Fri 4/4/2008 06:31AM

i am excited to see these bands together, maybe even share the stage for a set, who knows. just wasnt what i was hoping for when tribe was hyping up this summer tour

psogator43 Fri 4/4/2008 06:43AM

athens tonight and atlanta in august...throw in a little roo and im a happy man...should be an awesome tour with some insane grooves...just wish people would stop talking and listen to the music...both bands are sick

joeyb4 Fri 4/4/2008 06:54AM

joeyb4

^^^^^^^ Pretty much says it all. UM is the shit and STS9 is shit. Cant wait for this show. Comparing UM to Nsync...... guess i could compare STS9 to Moby.

adubvu Fri 4/4/2008 07:14AM

adubvu

two different bands with different styles, comin together. this will be tight. Im a huge umphreys fan, i know for sure they'll be bringin the heat.

YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STOP TREATING BANDS LIKE SPORTS TEAMS FOR FUCKS SAKE. I swear all i see in here is "my bands better than ur band" type shit. i mean cmon people, people are crying over sts9 touring with umphreys. Umphreys will probably be the highlight of every show. We shall see! I'll be at the show in philly.

jayhawk21 Fri 4/4/2008 07:17AM

jayhawk21

If people dont like the "underage" umphreys fan just go to the late night HOB show in Chicago

jayhawk21 Fri 4/4/2008 07:23AM

jayhawk21

P.S.:Ive been seeing UM since I was 13 now im 20, so i know how it feels to be the little kid, so give em a break. This tour is gonna be sick

briank67 Fri 4/4/2008 07:24AM

briank67

looks like that chicago afterparty show is a 'full band' show (not PA). yes! now i just have to find $70 for that day. i'd love to go to both shows cus the charter one is a very cool outdoor venue, and i'm sure the afterparty show will rage. but i bet tickets will sell out quick for this one. i think i'm gonna take megabus down to st.louis for the free show

CSchneids929 starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 07:49AM

ATOWN

kinfolk Fri 4/4/2008 08:27AM

kinfolk

First of all both these bands kick ass and if you dont consider yourself privilidged to go see one of these shows I hope you not aren't there.

Secondly, bnaylor, The after parties are like a late night show to my understanding and are really cheap if you by a ticket to the regular show and lastly to whoever bitched about lack of festivals Tribe announced the fests they would play this summer months ago: Wakarusa, Summer Camp and Rothbury that's why they aren't included here it's old news.

kinfolk Fri 4/4/2008 08:29AM

kinfolk

*are not there

sorry I slaughtered that one

moethug Fri 4/4/2008 08:43AM

moethug

for nyc its 36$ for the regular show nd another 30$ for te latenight

kinfolk Fri 4/4/2008 08:53AM

kinfolk

moetug's right about the after parties being more expensive this year they didn't have the Raleigh, NC tickets for sale yet and I just assumed they would be $10-$20 like last year

example1 Fri 4/4/2008 08:57AM

example1

this is gonna be a fun tour. i dont care what the lot of you think, and i never have. but the way i see it, if um and sts9 respect eachothers music enough to put on a tour like this, their fans should appreciate it.

side note: some of you people really blow the undeRAGERs at um shows WAY out of context. try this.....go to an um show with no expectations.

NittyGritty starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 09:08AM

NittyGritty

i dont know what you little girls are complaining about. this is going to be a kick ass face melter for sure. hell yes

BooneRes Fri 4/4/2008 09:09AM

BooneRes

Tweekers you're a fucking moron.

ThePaste starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 09:14AM

ThePaste

I like both bands but i am still bummed that 9 isnt doin a solo tour, i need my two sets, and all of you that say umphreys can play circles around the 9, you are fuckin dumb...

udsh starstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 09:15AM

how can you tell if a wookie has a girlfriend??

he has 2 clean fingers

DelrayChris Fri 4/4/2008 09:31AM

DelrayChris

here is a perfect example of why the fanbase of jambase has gone down...most kids don't know good music. UM is great. STS9 is cool too. What's with all the negativity? Bunch of f-in kids, ruining our scene. Where is the vibe?

makkswel Fri 4/4/2008 09:46AM

u guys take this shit a little to seriously. no one is ruining the scene, killing the vibe, or hating on live music. just bored thats all. should be a sick tour

cam0083 starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 09:49AM

cam0083

Damn why couldn't Umphrey's have come through MN for three nights in a row on this tour!

cam0083 starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 09:51AM

cam0083

On another note why are there only STS9 fans bashing Umphrey's and no Umphrey's fans that seems to hate Soundtribe? Does anyone else think that's weird or is it just close minded fans?

DrEricFautstein starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 09:57AM

DrEricFautstein

ok ok, we all have our own musical tastes, I GET IT. How much are tickets for these kind of events? It looks like they are trying to book ampitheatres and big time venues. If thats the case, then tix may be through the roof which i will never succumb to. Id rather go to a fest for the price of two tickets and see dozens of bands just as good as sts9 and umphreys.

and lay off the kids will ya lol, we were just like them once. I dont really mind them, as long as they arent violent and disrespectful to the rest of the crowd. who cares of some kid is all fucked up, hes not gonna hurt you...

Festivals are where its at though. I think the Lotus and sts9 tour will end up better, that was the fire.

Kolbe starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 10:15AM

Kolbe

Great tour, definitely gonna check out the Boston show.

jizack12 Fri 4/4/2008 10:17AM
kolson2 Fri 4/4/2008 10:21AM

kolson2

NICE! I love it that UM always rocks the midwest! This is going to be a blast!!

AintNoFreedom starstar Fri 4/4/2008 10:35AM
I_Drink_It_Up starstar Fri 4/4/2008 10:45AM

I_Drink_It_Up

UM is really fuckin up on FL dates

ripped starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 11:00AM

this is sick!!! both bands are very talented cant wait for INDY...

adubvu Fri 4/4/2008 11:04AM

adubvu

haha, "why are all the sts9 fans bashing umphrey's and the umphrey's fans aren't bashing sts9 - cuz only one of these bands suck"

Wow... No i think its because the only people bashing are a select few of sound tribe's immature idiot fans. Grow the fuck up pussies. Enjoy the music, or dont go. Last thing anyone wants is a bunch of whiney complainers at a show. Stop being so negative towards another style of music.

and stop treating music like its your god damn sports team, backing it up like you fuckin know whats good and whats not.

Umphreys will be thigh highlight of these shows.

joolzen1 Fri 4/4/2008 11:14AM

joolzen1

awesome tour, huge umph fan but have never seen tribe looking forward to checking them out in chi town....fukudome for president

nershi6string Fri 4/4/2008 11:15AM

some of you are so fucking ignorant it makes me sick...........if you can honestly claim to be a music fan and then compare umphreys to nsync you are crazy!! jake cinniger is hands down one of the best guitarist around today and if you cant see the talent in umphreys you are just flat out blind! i can understand not liking them but to act like they dont have talent is insane.............STS9 kicks ass UM kicks ass STUMS9 Ter kicks even more ass!!! i hope all of you haters stay at home and leave this tour for the true music fans...... Madison, St. Louis, Chitown?, Indy here i come!

redwhiteandgreen Fri 4/4/2008 11:46AM

redwhiteandgreen

Respect to Umphree's and STS9 and all, but I feel like these guys are CONSTANTLY getting too much coverage on this site. Let's spread the love around. There are a lot of bands that are just as (if not more) impressive and who jam tastefully with more restraint and not to mention WAY better vocals (which seems to be a lost art on the jam scene). Just seems that there is a loyalty tendency on the jam scene (which isn't all bad mind you) where the "community" supersedes the band and any criticism of the band becomes "blasphemy" among loyal fans. Like the kids who NEVER take Phish or the Dead out of the stereo....EVER!!! You know what kids I'm talking abou..LOL...Branch out...Listen to old blues and folk...If you wanna jam, check out Led Zeppelin, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, or John Coltrane. As for new bands, check out the Black Keys, the Benevento/Russo Duo, Dr. Dog, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, Cold War Kids, or countless regional bands that are great but playing to only a handful of people in your local bar.

theivywall starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 11:47AM

theivywall

Yeah...I don't like...I don't uh...people are complaining about this? It doesn't uh....doesn't really like....make any....sense...to me.

Very very siked for Madison, Chi, St Louis, Indy and possibly the two ohio shows, should be great.

Soundtribe covering triple wide? Umphrey's covering Aimlessly sans electronic effects? Just dreaming but either way should be pretty awesome. 11 of the best musicians I've ever seen all playing on the same night. Like...I just don't...what's seems to be the problem officer?

foadser Fri 4/4/2008 12:19PM

This is completely fucking awesome. See you in atlanta.

ReaganSector9 Fri 4/4/2008 12:23PM

ReaganSector9

Live on the Levee will be heater.

GratefulBeck7 Fri 4/4/2008 12:40PM

really excited for this, don't really understand why so much anger, but some tribe fans need to lighten up a bit, i mean even if you hate UM it could be alot worse

p0rks0da starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 12:43PM

Awesome!!...if they would only come out to the west coast.

PhilnWeird Fri 4/4/2008 12:44PM

PhilnWeird

I never do this but, STS9 Sucks. Talk about being put to sleep. I would rather see UM tour with Kanye West. At least then I might be entertained when UM wasn't on stage.

mandobird starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/4/2008 12:54PM

mandobird

Kids will get DOWN!!

see ya in mad-town

To all the haters: go suck on your heady ass crystal.

acomma Fri 4/4/2008 01:25PM

acomma

Both of these bands must be doing something right; look at the amount of comments on the board. The only other bands that seem to generate the same amount of comments are SCI, Panic, Bisco, and the announcements of major festivals. I'm not a fan of either bands, but they both are big. The jam community is very spoiled, hence the schoolyard bickering.

kylo Fri 4/4/2008 02:37PM
Andy Fri 4/4/2008 02:49PM

Andy

Boy thats sad, just because you don't like the music you are going to rip people off. And at the same time make generalization on what the fans are like. If your a STS9 fan are you a hip hop wannabe like this thread suggests, or can people only generalize about UM fans? I'm kidding, and just trying to show that generalizations are not good for anyone.

I love both bands, am very excited to see them together. I was very glad the hate stopped and I wish the peace between fans would continue since both fans will be at these shows together I presume. It does seem like the Jam community is very spoiled to be arguing about who is better between these wonderful bands.

Danimal Fri 4/4/2008 04:40PM

Danimal

Kylo-the rest of us will be outside kicking your ass.

mrs.mandrake Fri 4/4/2008 07:25PM
buckeyedye starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/5/2008 01:15AM

buckeyedye

this is the greatest possible thing to happen to my musical plans for this summer. u.m. is umphfunkinbelievably good. if it's not for you, i'm sorry, just don't go if you are predicting a bad time. i have never seen tribe, but i have some tapes and i'm pumped to get to see both bands bring the heat together. for the haters: please stay in the lot and keep your bad vibes to yourself....or better yet; buy a ticket, eat your molly, and get down to the nasty grooves with my boys and girls. and does anyone know anything about moonlite gardens in cincinnati? never heard of it. peace and see you there.

moejoerisin Sat 4/5/2008 01:31AM

moejoerisin

kylo - sweet, sounds good, you sound like an awesome guy.. the only problem is that u.m. fans don't need drugs to make their band sound good.

moejoerisin Sat 4/5/2008 01:37AM

moejoerisin

...and neither do sts9 fans

vtotheitothenny Sat 4/5/2008 07:30AM

vtotheitothenny

I guess all the fans that wanna see all sector9 are gonna have to hit up higer ground. i hope i can make it out! two sets bitches

vtotheitothenny Sat 4/5/2008 07:45AM

vtotheitothenny

Higher Ground*!

Burlington

fnghhhh starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/5/2008 07:52AM

Why is everybody pissed off? if you didn't like one of these bands you wouldn't have been alerted of this tour. I've seen both. sts9 12/29/07 and the DUMB tour in atlanta. i can't sit through a sound tribe show. i like their songs individually but not for 3 hours. maybe if my brain was swimming with acid, but not sober. I couldn't sit through UM or bisco either. I like all their albums but it's been said - the crowd ruins the shows. it's a sausage fest. Being that said...

All i want to say about this tour is if you don't like the music, DONT GO. if you like one of the bands, GO and stop bitching because you have no idea what it will be like. if you like both, great for you GO and have the time of your life. I have nothing but support for this tour and i don't like either of their concerts.

SCI123 star Sat 4/5/2008 09:23AM

complete schwag!! and why would you play innsbrook of all places in virginia! innsbrooks a bust! and good thing umphreys is opening! cause there garbage!

SCI123 star Sat 4/5/2008 09:24AM

dumbbb move by sts9 goin on tour with umphreys right when they drop there new album! expect the same songs every night in 1 set!

theivywall starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/5/2008 09:57AM

theivywall

Ms. Tinkle's Overture, Bridgless, Der Bluten Kat, Mulche's Odyssey, The Fuzz, All In Time, Ringo, Hajemameshite, Andy's Last Beer, Wap Sprayberry

Dance, Aimlessly, F Word, Glogli, Mischief of a Sleepwalker, Ramone and Emiglio, Tokyo, Rent, Kamuy, Pianoir

:) two pretty hetty catalogs of music

SCI123 Sat 4/5/2008 10:29AM
twist2piper Sat 4/5/2008 11:11AM

This entire comment thread demonstrates the selfishness of fans nowadays. "I want everything perfectly tailored to my needs, or else WAAAAAAAAA!"

Foominaut starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/5/2008 11:50AM

Foominaut

STUMS9 -12.21.2012- Mobile, Al.- Soul Kitchen...presale -4/19

Jackelly Sat 4/5/2008 03:13PM

Jackelly

Umph was way better than sts9 at langerado.

I never thought I would think that.

Steve Birdman starstarstarstar Sat 4/5/2008 03:50PM

Steve Birdman

Hoping the Tribesmen will make the round about back to Red Rocks in September, man that was an amazing show, felt like i was taking liftoff into space there.

sheilabestbuy star Sat 4/5/2008 07:03PM
RambleOnShelbyRose starstarstarstar Sat 4/5/2008 07:22PM

RambleOnShelbyRose

What we need to understand here is that these two bands are really good (maybe great) at what it is that they do. That being said they do not do the same thing, STS9 has their whole electronic rythym (how do you spell that) idea that they like, while umphrey's has their most definitely more rock influenced sound. They are both groups that have amazing musicians, but by the nature of their sounds being so different not everybody will like what both have to say. There are rules of common decency; tastes and colors are things that shouldn't be argued because personal preference is PERSONAL. That being said no one should hate the young umphrey's fans, the umphrey's sound is just natrually a little more mainstream, but that's not anybody's fault. So let's get over this partisan bickering and realize how amazing it is that two of the premier acts of the "genre" are going all over the country together. all this hostility is just so ignorant that it's scary that these people are supposed to be representative of a more open minded approach to everything

Borealis Fir starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/5/2008 10:08PM

WOW!!!! Personally I'm just pumped for this tour.... I will see those midwest peeps at the Madtown shows, and at the intimate lovely Barrymore theatre where both bands have been known to thrown down some niiiiiice shows. Fuck all the haters, Umphreys is a groundbreaking technical mastery paired with the polyrhythmic bumping melodies of tribe...yes couldn't ask for a better tour pair.....serotonin/dopamine levels will be especially high on this tour, see you wisco/midwest folks in madtown

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/5/2008 11:32PM

HoodooVoodoo

As I look into my crustal ball I see a vision of a frat boy buying a magic crystal from a STS9 kid.

RambleOnShelbyRose Sat 4/5/2008 11:55PM

RambleOnShelbyRose

does that mean that your the frat kid buying a crystal ball from the sts9 kid;you should only buy crystal balls from dmb kids

BRabbit starstarstarstarstar Sun 4/6/2008 08:05AM

BRabbit

when i look into a crystal ball i see chocolate rain. thank you kinfolk04 for answering my question, your a nice guy.

groovatronics starstarstarstar Sun 4/6/2008 11:04PM

damn dude i guess all i wanna know is who's gonna be opening for who?

and if they got a crazy-ass tour like this lined up, i wonder what they're (both of them) gonna bust out for colorado... red rocks superjam?

jacobandbeth Mon 4/7/2008 11:21AM

sts9 and um are smart to do this. they will have both of their crowds in one venue and cross sections of fans will realize that they are both good in there own way. They will each turn on a new crowd of kids to their scenes and will make more cash. STS9 is really good at marketing themselves and expanding there fan base. They are growing so fast since my first show in 02 it is amazing. I think STS9 has done a good job distancing themselves from the jamband scene and branching out because it seems like the jamband scene is full of whiners and headier than though idiots who think a song isn't cool if it doesn't noodle around for an hour.

They both rock out and even though I have never seen UM live my friends have nothing but good things to say about them. I like coheadlining shows because I don't get to go to many anymore and getting turned on to new bands is great. People that bitch about this sort of thing are wrapped up in a stupid "I'm too cool" mindset that allows them to no longer have fun, but to just be jaded and too cool to just relax and enjoy a good show.

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Mon 4/7/2008 12:13PM

HoodooVoodoo

Buy a magic crystal from a Dave Matthews kid? Since when did Abercrombie & Fitch get start manufacturing magic crystals?

spitz66 Mon 4/7/2008 12:54PM

EVERYONE! i have figured out what has happened here. The fact that two of the most mind blowing/mind bending bands are touring together is so fucking unreal that we have all rejected this information and convinced ourself that this is bad to keep our minds from exploding. I for one might do the same to allow me to sleep because this news might keep me up waiting for 7/24 to witness this god-send. SEE Y'ALL IN NYC AND BRING THE LOVE BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT BOTH OF THESE BANDS ARE ABOUT!!

DaveT starstarstarstarstar Mon 4/7/2008 01:19PM

DaveT

Actually, I've never seen STS9 live, or ever heard any of their music. They seem to have "dedicated" fans I guess. UM is a monster, very talented even if they aren't your cup of tea. I don't understand the comments? All I can say is that Jimmy Carter was the best president we've ever had... Yeah~ I said it! Also, "sheilabestbuy" I'll piss in your ear, if your into that kinda thing ;) Lighten up!

PrpleStckyPnch Mon 4/7/2008 01:55PM

I'm so glad to see UM coming to Moonlite Gardens. Now if we could only get them to stop going to Blofarts in the fall and come to Southgate House or Madison theatre!!

granola Mon 4/7/2008 02:57PM
Danimal Mon 4/7/2008 03:54PM

Danimal

sndtribefag-why don't you and kylo go eat some fake drugs and blow each other while STS9 plays the same set every night.

Danimal Mon 4/7/2008 03:55PM

Danimal

By the way, you're the one who sounds like some high school age bitch.

pottad Mon 4/7/2008 04:05PM

STFreak is too worried he'd get choked out by his heady wire wrap. Why don't you stop smoking deemsters and murph's cock you faggot. Listen to something else besides recycled hip hop elevator beats.

alfredo123 Mon 4/7/2008 06:10PM

SOLID SOLID SOLID CANT WAIT SEE U IN THE C-BUS

RambleOnShelbyRose Mon 4/7/2008 09:21PM

RambleOnShelbyRose

yo has anyone realized that stoopin to the level of another person is immature in itself, i think everyone who uses crap like fag and smoking poles are just ignoramuses. it's below the belt to criticize personal desicions (drugs, sex ect). also um fans don't be fooled into thinking tht whatever things you do at a concernt are so much better than wht others do

mandophine Mon 4/7/2008 09:23PM

mandophine

what a bunch of whiney bitches. go see radiohead children because the 'scenes' are dying. dead already perhaps. all of us are insignificant, let the music play

Rollin' Rosemary! Tue 4/8/2008 06:40AM

Rollin' Rosemary!

im all over this like white on rice MA!

rebubulaa Tue 4/8/2008 09:46AM

rebubulaa

Thanks for some Carolina love.... now I have some great mid summer shows to look forward to

granola Tue 4/8/2008 11:50AM
granola Tue 4/8/2008 11:56AM
granola Tue 4/8/2008 12:05PM
Danimal Tue 4/8/2008 12:33PM

Danimal

Sndtribe-You are making yourself and all the other respectable fans look bad. Bashing the fans of a band just because you don't like their music and bragging about selling fake drugs makes you sound like an idiot and there is no doubt in my mind that you are one. Yeah I did a little shit-talking, but this garbage you are spewing is why people talk about the scene dieing and all that. Stop being so worried about how old people are or how they dress. You should just quit going to shows if this is what you are worried about. You are obviously more concerned about where people shop than about music. You're what like 23 anyway. You don't know shit.

granola Tue 4/8/2008 03:09PM
alfredo123 Tue 4/8/2008 03:32PM

you are a point blank period loser sndtrib. grow up and find a hobbie so dont have to listen to your shit hole thoughts. freak

Danimal Tue 4/8/2008 03:38PM

Danimal

You are a fucking moron. Shut the Fuck up. And I'm not from WV, I live here because it's beautiful and the people are real. Not fucking idiots who only care about image. And again with that store bought hippie shit? Who cares how people dress? Probably only you cuz you think that LRG hoodies and Yankee fitteds make you cool. Go huff some more gas you fucking idiot.

mattcastaway starstarstarstar Tue 4/8/2008 03:50PM

The attitudes expressed here are shocking to me. When did this competition start because nobody told me anything about that. In 99' when the Summer Sessions were announced all I remember is how excited everybody was. Four great bands, great music and good times in the sunshine with close friends. Its amazing how much things have changed in almost a decade. I see this tour the same way, great bands with good times ahead.

And nobody ever talked down to a new or upcoming fan either. There was nothing but encouragement to see and listen to everything you could.

Seeing shows is FUN!!!!!!

Music is subjective.

jacobandbeth Tue 4/8/2008 03:56PM

soundtribe freak- You really think you run the scene huh..you don't have clue. you probably walked up on one lot selling schwag gelcaps of crappy moplly and thought you were the shit. Just wait until you serve time for making chump change on the lot and you'll realize how stupid you were and are. Everyone on here please don't take this guy as a "typical" sts9 fan....there are bunches of us who are real nice people...we are not all LRG flat brim, crystal fuckers on molly and deems. There is a lot of love in the scene and this element has made us look bad....

Danimal Tue 4/8/2008 04:19PM

Danimal

I'm sorry to have continued this BS with this idiot. I have a lot of friends who are sountribe fans and are great people. I'm not going to think that this moron represents anything but ignorance and stupidity. We all know he doesn't run shit except his mouth and we all know what happens to those people.

kylo Tue 4/8/2008 06:39PM

HA HA!

torn&treyed Wed 4/9/2008 06:50AM

yea one band is so talentless they can't even write lyrics or normal songs... "hey man I hope they do a P.A set maybe I can jam out with them on my iphone...... " AWWW MAN did u see that he pressed ctrl f7 aww man that was sick......

marge Wed 4/9/2008 07:38AM

free show in the lou? yeahhhhhhh!!! madison, st louie, and cinci-- that's where i'll be catchin this dance train. would be nice if they were comin to my hometown of cleveland but i welcome summer road trips. see you freakers there!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/9/2008 09:54AM

this is no worse than the tour with Bisco..

Umph and sts9 ok fine with me :)

Umph may show sts9 how to bring some improvisational fire to their shows...

sts9 is getting to where they repeat songs too much.. anyway, I like both bands.. coolness......

Nasty Nate starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/9/2008 11:08AM

Nasty Nate

wow... I like both bands and the nearest they are coming to me is six hours away!

So just be happy that you are closer than I am. Why is there so much negativity on this board I will never know.

roberto767 starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/9/2008 03:09PM

roberto767

Murph still tweeking?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/10/2008 05:43AM

I have seen snoozer Umph shows.

I have seen sts9 play like robots pushing buttons.

In general I love both these bands. Umph deserves more credit than many of you give them. I just listened to a show I have from a HIGH SCHOOL, and its freaking great...

IF YOU CAN GIVE THEM A CHANCE>> listen to this set!!!!!

This change my mind !!!!!! I used to loathe them.....

03.03.07

The McCallie School

Chattanooga, Tennessee [^top]

Set One Partyin' Peeps, In the Kitchen > In the Flesh > Another Brick In the Wall > Dump City, Front Porch, FF > In the Kitchen

FreshFlavor starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/10/2008 08:22AM

FreshFlavor

The fact the two bands chose to do a tour together means that they have a serious respect for each others musician ship and style. They are huge on the scene at this point and can really hand pick whoever they want to open any one of their shows across the country. I think this is an incredible opportunity for us to experience two of the best on the scene right now together. Just go to their shows...the haters will be smothered with power of the music. Unfortunately many of you won't understand how incredible this opportunity is until its over. I for one...will be there with open arms for both incredibly talented bands.

PooDolla Thu 4/10/2008 09:37PM

PooDolla

These shows are gonna be pretty sweet. I would imagine the collaberation jams are gonna be top notch. I can't believe all the fuss on here over the tour. There is way too much shit talkin' going on. I guess it is easy when you are sitting at your computer and don't have to back it up. This shit wouldn't be going on if people were face to face. If fights break out at the shows it would be a shame. In all actuality though, the Umphrey's, Abercrombie wearin', jocks would kick the Sound Tibe, drugged out, hippie's asses. But violence is bad, mmkay.

tgratefulapple starstarstarstarstar Thu 4/10/2008 11:53PM

tgratefulapple

Sound tribe is the shit, last yrs late night at all good was epic. ive tried to get into umphreys but I just cant get into it.but it doesnt mean I should hate on ther whole fan base. when I go to one these shows, im not gonna be dicks to every umphreys fan just cuz I dont like the music. thats one problem we will have at these shows, all the hardcore sts9 fans will be dicks to umphreys fans and likewise.I can see it now sts9 fans will be talkin shit about how umph fans are wearing collared shirts, umph fans will be saying why the fuck are they tradin crystals. another thing is it just me or is it when you go to show, how come half of the tour kids walk around like they smell there own farts . go get a fuckin job and if you pride yurself on sellin fake drugs then yur whats wrong with the scene. moe is the only band i can do a couple cities in a row . everyone you met is chill and doesnt act like dicks. I dont like certain bands but you dont have to hate on them.fuck, the bisco hating has trickled over into every other aspect of this site. DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS. some of you need to learn that quote.

Rollin' Rosemary! Mon 4/14/2008 06:37AM

Rollin' Rosemary!

AHAHAH "danknugsgeadybrahs" I FUCKING LOVE IT, (so true)

But sts9 and UMPH all really have the same fans. No offence, but its always the sts9 fans that have something to say. Im jumping to the conclusion that theyre quite offended by this because UM fans are insane drunks (ITS OK! I'm one of them) who are gunna be killing thier time rolling on Ex or Crystal meth. Just Chill, i think hardxcore Sts9 fans would hate listening to Umph because theyre lyrical and somewhat alternative. But then it shows that they havent listened to Miss Twinkles overture, The Triple Wide and/or 40s Theme and are just too stubborn to give up lsitening to the crystal method or prodigy.

C00lmike Tue 4/15/2008 11:06PM

C00lmike

$59.00 plus $12.50 shipping for the two Madison shows! what the hell! I'm not made of money

C00lmike Tue 4/15/2008 11:08PM

C00lmike

oh, and Ms. Twinkle, I believe what you just said makes you a hypocrite.

jevcakschwa Wed 4/23/2008 04:54PM

Can't we all just get along?

Rollin' Rosemary! Wed 4/23/2008 06:45PM

Rollin' Rosemary!

what i wrote probably did contradict myself, i was wasted, but i hope people can try to see were I'm coming from but not so..illogical.

..shit..70 bills per ticket.. i said i would pay for my friend expecting it to be 30.. dayum WATEVVVV it'dd be worth it, plus i love the snucka.

TINAfarina starstarstarstarstar Tue 5/20/2008 06:08PM

TINAfarina

if you guys are fighting like this on a website, what are you going to be like at the shows?! never seen tribe but ive seen um 16 or so times. not all shows are filled with young stupid ass cats. open your mind. mad & chi are going to be boss!

Rollin' Rosemary! Tue 6/3/2008 12:19PM

Rollin' Rosemary!

I feel i must interject here.

TO THAT SOUNDTRIBEFREAK that said Jake wasnt a good guitar player.

Thats nonsense, you are clearly just saying that because you have some odd hate for umphreys mcgee. but if anyone looks at how jake plays his guitar its phenominal, on eof the lastest guitar heros today.