New Living Legends EP

POSSE CUT RICH APPETIZER HITS
BEFORE NEXT FULL-LENGTH IN FALL

The Living Legends crew locked down at Encore Studio (birthplace of Dr Dre's The Chronic 2001, Eminem's Marshall Mathers album and more) to record The Gathering, set for nationwide release on their own Legendary Music label, Tuesday April 8th. Each song in this brand new collection features every single MC on every single track.

The Gathering is a seven song collection highlighted by a socially conscious anthem for peace, in which the Los Angeles via San Francisco area crew are doing their civic duty, while not forgetting to move the crowd with heavy bangers, catchy hooks and fire-spitting verses. The record was mastered by Mike Lazer (Gnarls Barkely). The Gathering is a precursor to a full-length coming in late 2008.

As a collective, the prolific Legendary crew has sold over a quarter million records between them. The line-up includes Murs, The Grouch, Luckyiam, Eligh, Scarub, Sunspot Jonz, Aesop and Bicasso,. Legendary Music has been owned and operated by the members themselves for nearly a decade.

Tour Dates
Mar 13 2008 VOLUME Austin, Texas SXSW Showcase
Mar 16 2008 THE SUNSHINE THEATER Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mar 17 2008 OLD BRICKHOUSE Phoenix, Arizona
Mar 22 2008 Paid Dues - San Bernardino, California with Living Legends, Sage Francis, Little Brother, Dilated, Hiero & more
Apr 25 2008 Luckyiam & MURS @ Coachella Indio, California (each have solo sets)

[Published on: 3/13/08]

Comments

Gary starstarstar Thu 3/13/2008 08:33AM

Gary

I will definitely be picking this album up. Pretty interesting note about Dr Dre and the studio recordings.

Gary

SCIRGR84EVS Thu 3/13/2008 08:45AM
ganjjjj Thu 3/13/2008 09:45AM

ganjjjj

If you've never heard of Living Legends check out Almost Famous, great record

voodoochild0716 Thu 3/13/2008 10:32AM

cheese? living legends?? get real dude, they had like 4 good years and just rode phish's coattails their whole career.

living legends my ass...

toaster100 starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/13/2008 10:42AM

Come on now voodoochild0716, some say Phish rode the coat tails of the dead, you say that cheese rode the coat tails of Phish. Real LAME way to compare 3 uniquely different and amazing bands. Are you another one of those people who call Kang a Trey rip off? Probably, but did you every realize they don't play the same instruments. Do you want some cheese with that Whine, try and keep a little positivity in your atitude!

bill_e starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/13/2008 11:10AM

bill_e

Living Legends crew as a whole is sick, but my personal favorite is MURS! I cannot wait for this album, I know itll be on point.

hippyjessica Thu 3/13/2008 12:02PM

hippyjessica

Great, now we have to turn this into another Cheese vs. Phish vent, even though the story has nothing to do with both. This is getting old. Can't everyone just accept the fact that different people have different tastes in music?

toaster100 starstarstarstarstar Thu 3/13/2008 12:42PM

I apologize for my previous retort, I know cheese and phish have absolutely nothing to do with this article but I simply did not like a statement previously made by another and wanted to object to what I read. I love music of all genres and I would like to make it known that I have sympathy for people who get off on only one band. I'm familiar with Aesop and am excited to check this new one out, especially since positively spun hip-hop is one of the many genres I dig. Peace and happy listening to whatever you like!

Muffinman1 Thu 3/13/2008 01:30PM

Muffinman1

I love Murs, he is one of the best rappers out there. Living legends are pretty tight. Like Ganjjjj says, check out almost famous, and check out Murs' album "Murrys revenge". It's great.

cuttyfives Thu 3/13/2008 05:51PM
cuttyfives Thu 3/13/2008 05:52PM

grouch and eligh have some decent old shie

bill_e Fri 3/14/2008 06:17AM

bill_e

MURS and Slug w/ the Felt series is one of my favorite duos. I also feel that MURS has a way of presenting common situations in a unique perspective.

Not trying to knock who you like, who knows, maybe we like the same emcees, but someone who makes a statement like you did (clearly you don't listen to rap/hiphop....) and does not offer a few of their emcees that are leagues above MURS (in your opinion) posts a rather useless comment. You have no credibility on a random message board, ya need to support your claims brother!

cuttyfives Fri 3/14/2008 06:26AM

Common, Roots, Fat Jon the Ample Soul Physcian, Madlib, KMD, WU, NAS, VAKill, All Natural, EPMD, DE LA, Tribe, Dre, SNoop, Just Blaze, Jigga Man, Large Professor, Doom (not lyrically, just special herbs 1-16, Mos Def, Talib KWeli, Big pun, Binary Star, Souls of Mischief, Pharcyde, Bone thugs, Pete ROck, CL Smooth, Outkast, Science Fiction, Dilla, Guru, Dj Premier, Five Deez, DJ Cam, Dj Krush, ColdCut, Anything NInja, Kanye, 50, Lil Wanye, Beat Junkies, Bone Thugs, to name a few that i feel are leaps and bounds ahead of MURS...I know some of you will bash Kanye, 50, Weezy ect...thats alright. I love em. Their beats and lyrics are sick

theguykeator Fri 3/14/2008 06:58AM

theguykeator

Both Felt Albums are sick, particularly Felt 2. I think Slug has more flow power than MURS. Aesop has some solid lyrics.

WooWoo Fri 3/14/2008 08:22AM

The Grouch and Eligh are performing Friday May 23 at The Bobolink Music Festival in Northern California.

They have a new album hitting in April too.