STS9 Winter Tour Openers

SOUND TRIBE SECTOR 9 REVEAL
OPENING BANDS FOR NEW WINTER TOUR

STS9 will be joined on their forthcoming Winter tour by Lotus, Rahzel (The Roots), The Pharcyde, Sub-ID, Richard Devine, Ana Sia and James Christopher. Each act will take turns opening for Sound Tribe at various dates. Details are below.

Winter Tour Dates
01.29.08 - Sokol Auditorium - Omaha,NE w/ SUB-ID
01.30.08 - First Avenue - Minneapolis,MN w/ SUB-ID
01.31.08 - Canopy Club - Urbana,IL w/ SUB-ID
02.01.08 - Congress Theater - Chicago,IL w/ RAHZEL
02.02.08 - The Pageant - St.Louis, MO w/ LOTUS

[Published on: 1/13/08]

Comments

dedhed6111 Sun 1/13/2008 12:39PM

dedhed6111

all good openers, but those tribe-lotus shows are going to be S-I-C-K. expect lots of sit-ins and hour-long sessions. bring the sound tribe/lotus circus down south!

rulosa01 Sun 1/13/2008 02:25PM

"ut those tribe-lotus shows are going to be S-I-C-K. expect lots of sit-ins and hour-long sessions. bring the sound tribe/lotus circus down south!"

yea, sts9 and lotus at the same time is like a three way with two smokin' hot ladies.

uhoh Sun 1/13/2008 02:48PM

uhoh

cant wait for the st louis show!

ClapYourHands Sun 1/13/2008 04:38PM

ClapYourHands

yeahhhhh st. louis is blessed by sound tribe. we got them on 4/20 last year and now we get some lotus also!! mannn cant wait!

insignia starstarstarstar Sun 1/13/2008 05:37PM

looks like people are more interestd in lotus than st me too

dedhed6111 Sun 1/13/2008 06:50PM

dedhed6111

they've only got that st. louis show booked, but I heard of this pairing coming for a while now, so expect more shows with lotus to be announced. lotus reminds me of a younger sts9, so I really think these shows could inspire the tribe to take it back to the more adventurous kind of music they were known for when they were comin' up. love 'em both. peace

dedhed6111 Sun 1/13/2008 06:51PM

dedhed6111

carphishhead starstarstarstarstar Sun 1/13/2008 07:02PM

carphishhead

Sounds good to me. Lotus - Telepath tour is first so lets fill those shows so tribe brings the party to the southeast!

briank67 Sun 1/13/2008 07:45PM

briank67

see you at the chicago show, gonna be my first sts9 experience! but...who's rahzel? lucky st. louis gets the lotus opener, that show will be amazing, i saw lotus' late show here just before NYE and they tore it up. sucks that lotus is touring the midwest again but not hitting chicago, i guess it's because they played chicago twice pretty recently. any chicago people driving to that st. louis show the next day who happen to have an empty seat in a car, i might be down...

chidodger Sun 1/13/2008 10:37PM

chidodger

RAHZEL is the human beatbox machine. (He does all the beats for the roots).

moejoerisin Sun 1/13/2008 10:52PM

moejoerisin

yea, i'm sure he'll make a couple guest appearances during their shows.. pumped for denver

Hug Mon 1/14/2008 12:35AM

Hug

I'll be at Urbana, Chicago, and St. Louis! See everyone there!

moeMan1 Mon 1/14/2008 10:53AM

moeMan1

didnt lotus and sts9 used to talk smack about each other. i remember lotus promoting thier band as using no computers as a jab at sts9. or was it the other way around?

sleewell starstarstar Mon 1/14/2008 11:18AM

sleewell

"the words and the beat at the same time...."

The1AndOnlyDJCT starstarstarstarstar Mon 1/14/2008 11:42AM

chidodger, Rahzel does not do all the beats for The Roots, The Roots are a full band, Rahzel was part of The Roots back in like 95, but even then he just added "vocal percussion," he never did "all the beats." I have seen a bunch of Roots shows with Rahzel. That being said, he is ridiculous, and I'm sure anyone who hasn't seen him before will be blown away.

ak448862 Mon 1/14/2008 12:09PM

ak448862

please bring this up to philadelphia/NY/Boston id love to see STS and lotus

j-bizzle Mon 1/14/2008 12:21PM

j-bizzle

moeman - think you are referring to this press release

a ton of people freaked out, and took the "no laptops" quote way out of context ie. personal attack against sts9, which if you read it - you should know that was not the intention. i recently read an interview with murphy from sts9, and he mentioned their respect for lotus.

chidodger Mon 1/14/2008 12:38PM

chidodger

alright, well, you know what i ment, he's the beats guy from the roots. I'v seen the roots a few times, only really liked them at Bonnaroo2003, other times I'v seen them wasn't that impressive.(opening for 311, and also OAR and Robert Randolph)

groovatronics starstarstarstar Mon 1/14/2008 09:39PM

so no all i have to decide is who do i want to see more for the denver shows... pharcyde and devine or rahzel. any suggestions? i've already seen the pharcyde.

totalot Mon 1/14/2008 09:59PM

always respected the fact that STS9 did their own thing. think they can get more creative then lotus.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Tue 1/15/2008 05:26AM

Lotus has more ROCK. I cannot complain about this collaboration, I think it will be cool. I hope LOTUS never uses laptops. I prefer organic music produced the old fashioned way. Prefer, does not mean, I do not enjoy STS9, they are cool too. nuff said.

See u at the lotus show in athens ga on jan 25th!!!!

APTROSTO starstarstarstarstar Tue 1/15/2008 01:16PM

APTROSTO

my guns go BOOM, your guns go plllow

pokycheese starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/16/2008 01:29PM

pokycheese

The tour is starting!! Can't wait for the Boise show--last time it was just 2 1/2 hours of face melting whomp whomp with no set break--SICKNESS.

I wish Lotus was doing the whole run though--I'd travel to a handful of those shows.

CeilingFan247 Thu 1/17/2008 10:01PM

Zombies.

Flapula Fri 1/18/2008 10:02AM

Flapula

Wish i was in st. louis with psychedelicneon...

happydestiny Mon 1/21/2008 05:13PM