Bisco 3 Night Leap At Starland

Ring in the LEAP YEAR at Starland Ballroom...
Leapers Creepers, it's The Once in a VERY MOON Leap Year Spectacular!

The Disco Biscuits
Come celebrate one every four year event that won't change the future of the world! The Disco Biscuits return to New Jersey's Starland Ballroom on February 28, 29 and March 1 for a very special THREE NIGHT RUN featuring a THREE SET Thursday night show to kick off the fun, a Friday night Leap Year Costume Party (dress as your fave Biscuits Song - best costume wins two tickets to Camp Bisco, brought to you by Meatcamp Productions), and a Down and Dirty Saturday Night in Jersey...

Come one, come all, to the greatest Leap Year BALL of them all!

Tickets go on sale to the general public this Saturday, January 12 at noon EST through Ticketmaster. A Special Discounted Three Day Pass will be available through BiscoTix on Thursday, January 10 at noon EST.

Check back for additions to Friday's and Saturday's line-ups.

P.S.Consideritdan will be running shuttle buses from Philadelphia, and from area hotels in East Brunswick and New York each night.

The Disco Biscuits tour dates
01/16/08 Wed Aggie Theatre Fort Collins, CO
01/17/08 Thu Boulder Theater Boulder, CO
01/18/08 Fri The Fillmore Auditorium Denver, CO (w/ Perpetual Groove, Pnuma Live P.A.)
01/19/08 Sat Dobson Ice Arena Vail, CO (w/ Perpetual Groove, Pnuma Live P.A.)
02/28/08 Thu Starland Ballroom Sayreville, NJ
02/29/08 Fri Starland Ballroom Sayreville, NJ
03/01/08 Sat Starland Ballroom Sayreville, NJ
03/08/08 Sat Langerado Music Festival Immokalee, FL
03/13/08 Thu King Tuts Glasgow, UK
03/14/08 Fri Islington Academy London, UK
03/15/08 Sat TBD London, UK
03/17/08 Mon Melkweg Amsterdam, NL (Jam in the Dam)
03/18/08 Tue Melkweg Amsterdam, NL (Jam in the Dam)
03/19/08 Wed Melkweg Amsterdam, NL (Jam in the Dam)
03/21/08 Fri Magnet Berlin, Germany
03/22/08 Sat PUMPEHUSET Copenhagen, Denmark
03/23/08 Sun KB Malmo, Sweden

[Published on: 1/9/08]

Comments

dreadyknowsbest starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/9/2008 05:47PM
Zapzapa Wed 1/9/2008 05:58PM
toeknee420 Wed 1/9/2008 06:13PM
King Rhino star Wed 1/9/2008 06:16PM
cuttyfives Wed 1/9/2008 06:36PM

i like the idea of a leap year run, pretty original. I dont know some people like to use drugs, i like to drink fifths of vodka...to each his own.

moephishH2O Wed 1/9/2008 06:55PM
moeron420247 Wed 1/9/2008 07:50PM

They could have hit up Chicago between Jersey and Colorado right? We got hosed Tommy, we got hosed.

Ston starstarstarstar Wed 1/9/2008 08:36PM

What bugs me most about jambase.com are the people that use it as a place to rip apart bands. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but do we really have to be such downers when most of these bands are trying to bring us ALL to a happier place in our minds. I'm guessing something has worked for the Disco Biscuits to have been together for 12 years. Go back to your room and listen to "Frampton Comes Alive."

4 stars because I can't make it...will be in Mpls for 3 nights of UM.

dreadyknowsbest starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/9/2008 09:15PM

dreadyknowsbest

Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand, whos Wine , What Wine, Where the hell did I did I dine------Feel like I do. Mr. peter Frampton

carphishhead Wed 1/9/2008 09:34PM

carphishhead

Must have been a dream, dont believe where Ive been. Cmon, lets do it again!

Jersey + Bisco = dirty (see NYE aftershow pictures)

...and I am a fan. Some ppl just like it dirty

figgzz starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/9/2008 09:54PM

figgzz

oh snap jerzy gettin a sick show and already people be hatin. man its so funny.every complaint i hear bout the bisco crowd starts with we do drugz.funny how the guy who tellin me this is always trippin on acid.i think i know where the hate comes from..its cause we so fresh wit our nice clothes and regular showers.dont hate on me cause i rock LRG and your wearing a dead shirt you ground scored at the last widespread show.also i have to add im not hatin on either of those bands(theyre sick i seen em).pretty much if u gotta problem wit bisco kids just keep your comments to yourself i dont read your headline and diss on yo shit

The1AndOnlyDJCT starstarstarstarstar Wed 1/9/2008 11:02PM

Sounds awesome, but after what happened last year, I'm never going back to the Starland. I love Bisco, but do yourself a favor and stay far away from this venue guys. The leap year run is an awesome idea though!

pottad Wed 1/9/2008 11:06PM

Last time i checked every jamband has a drug scene. Bisco fans may have a bigger drug scene than others but atleast their band members dont get so fucked up that they cant tour anymore. ie jerry and trey. Dont get me wrong i am a huge dead and phish fan but why do people feel the need to talk shit about the scene. If u dont like one band or their scene dont go to the shows. Dont even read the reviews or article if ur gonna be a negative bitch about it. That means u cuttyfives, sci freak, dready knows best, liberalsforsomebitchassin2008 and any other haters that feel the need to bash on other bands for no reason. U dont see any of the bisco and umphreys fans bashing on dmb or gov't mule or whatever u listen to. I am not a huge biscuits fan but i am not gonna talk shit about the people that go to their shows. Lame.

ScIFreak Thu 1/10/2008 03:56AM

ScIFreak

^^^^ wahahahaha too funny, I'm already getting bashed on.... No seriously though, I was gonna say the nights in CO could bring down the house, and it is true that all the bands that Jam usually have the same scene, and drugs are a big part of it. Now certain drugs that I've seen as Disco are wacko, what happened the headies,and good hits??

bigfro Thu 1/10/2008 05:03AM

bigfro

Great Another 3 night run I can'r go to. Why do the biscuits unleash the GUIDO forces of south Jersey on us. These guys beat down people. They make everyone miss the first set so they can grab your nuts and your girls chest. These guys knocked down at least three women trying to get to people smoking last year. They don't even say excuse me. they knock peoples heads into the bars. The owner hates our fans and gets off on turning people in high numbers over to the police. Ban this place and SHAME ON BISCO FOR PUNISHING THEIR FANS LIKE THIS. THEY KEPT 500 people sitting in a blizzard for 2 hours last year.

bigfro Thu 1/10/2008 05:11AM
bigfro Thu 1/10/2008 05:12AM

bigfro

YOU LOVE THE CAPS LOCK RIGHT...

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 1/10/2008 05:46AM

dirty south, dirtier north east.

bisco is fine with me, I like to hear John on guitar. No he is not the greatest, but I like his trancy style. as far as drugs go, those are for idiots, Kids have no clue about consequences nor do they care. they will all amount to nothing but foodstamps.

I enjoyed the show I got summer 2007 with bisco in ATL. I would go see them again if they come back south. peace ya'll.

RN1 Thu 1/10/2008 06:24AM

It would be best if everyone avoided this show altogether. 1-the place is in a school zone and that means 3x's the penalty. 2-starland packs hippies in like cattle...I've written about the scene for three years now and it gets worse every year...warning do not attend this run!

VERNIXX Thu 1/10/2008 07:52AM

VERNIXX

Great. They play the same East Coast places, ignore MOST of the USA, and then go to Europe and Scadanavia. Who books these tours? Are they afraid of the West Coast, the Southwest, the Midwest???????????

There are tons of Bisco fans in places other than the East Coast!!!!!

sbruce44 Thu 1/10/2008 08:38AM

sbruce44

If you want to stay away, stay away. Jersey isn't for the faint of heart. Some of us love the grime, and I say bisco can do grimey with the best of them. Who's comin with me?

ironfloydsabbath Thu 1/10/2008 09:26AM

Hey guys i love the biscos, but i must warn you. BEWARE, and be prepared to be profiled by undercover pigs. Do not drink in the parking lot unless you feel like getting arrested for open container. Last year i went to this venue for the biscos and i got arrested myself, and watched about ten others around me get arrested, while i had simple marijuana possession they took me down for booking, and i watched the sick pigs let my neighbor in the parking lot go with mushrooms. Just made him dump them out. Fucking police

Waterinthesky Thu 1/10/2008 09:43AM

You pathetic people act like the Disco Biscuits invented drugs? If you haven't noticed, people have been doing drugs and going to shows for a half a century! No one says that YOU HAVE TO DO DRUGS in order to see Bisco...I've seen them SOBER several times, and still had a blast! These are all the same people that were talking trash all over the Camp Bisco board before this years festival. Well guess what, Camp Bisco was one of the most laid back, problem free, festivals I've ever been to....and by the way, All Good and Langerado were wayyyyy shadier festivals....Keep wasting your time and energy on hate, I'll keep having the best times of my life with THE DISCO BISCUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScIFreak Thu 1/10/2008 10:27AM

ScIFreak

Wow, I've never heard soo many bad things about a venue, sounds scary!!! I mean the artist such as Disco and others (moslty Jam Bands) should only book venues where they are friendly, and also understands math. More custumers = more $7 cups = lots of $$$$...... I mean I've never been to any venues where they grab my nuts.

PS- keep it in you're shoes..(out of all the venues I'v been at non have been like "hey you, let me see what between you're socks and your feet"

moejoerisin Thu 1/10/2008 10:27AM

moejoerisin

now, now kids... play nice. if you don't like the band, don't post on threads just to talk shit about them. that's pretty silly. just listen to what you like.

moejoerisin Thu 1/10/2008 10:29AM

moejoerisin

p.s. - the rumors are true, starland sucks as far as security goes.

tonebeach Thu 1/10/2008 10:34AM

tonebeach

oh im afraid to go to jersey. give me a break, do you like the band or not. if so head for nj if not back to whimpering about things you hate on jambase. back in the day a bunch of dorks would try to hate one phish the same way. if you like drugs take them and if you like bisco go see'em, unless nj is to scary for ya, whata joke.

gmoo Thu 1/10/2008 11:24AM

gmoo

Yay bisco.

roberto767 starstarstarstarstar Thu 1/10/2008 12:13PM
sweetjames Thu 1/10/2008 12:23PM

SCI Freak: At the Umphrey's McGee new years run @the Aragon security at the door was actually reaching into people's shoes & feeling under their socks to confiscate their goods. I have never seen that before at any show or previously at the Aragon but it's going down now.

ROCvibes Thu 1/10/2008 12:40PM

ROCvibes

^^^thats wack

gmoo Thu 1/10/2008 12:55PM

gmoo

Sounds like a personal problem Berto. Why do you hate humans?

gmoo Thu 1/10/2008 12:56PM

gmoo

And they were checking socks at the aragon. No wallet checks though.

Teabagger Thu 1/10/2008 03:26PM

Teabagger

No wallet check?

That's cause they know high school kids are broke!

gmoo Thu 1/10/2008 06:55PM

gmoo

^^^haha. That's great. They can't be that broke...just ask NSYNC

bigfro Fri 1/11/2008 08:22AM

bigfro

I Still think Jon is the best guitarist out there for truly psychedelic music.

That's just my opinion.

I expect everyone else may have their own favorite. I just dig his playing.

shinjuku starstarstarstarstar Fri 1/11/2008 01:33PM

shinjuku

Alright!! anyone get down of the 3 day pass? I hope they play floes!!

USCTrojans4Life Fri 1/11/2008 01:49PM

USCTrojans4Life

Poopy

landoflizards Fri 1/11/2008 02:53PM

landoflizards

They're checking shoes now? no! those bastards!.... that's always been my fail safe for shows ...i guess they had to catch on eventually....

maybe i'll have a pocket surgically sewn in the bottom of my beer belly

landoflizards Fri 1/11/2008 02:54PM
landoflizards Fri 1/11/2008 02:55PM

landoflizards

its going to be a patchwork corduroy pocket too.

toeknee420 Sat 1/12/2008 03:32PM

toeknee420

New Years in Camden? On purpose? Yeah, no dope heads around here. Hahahaha! Watch out for the phentonal. zzzzZZZzzzzzzZZzzz

IrishRasta0420 starstarstarstarstar Sun 1/13/2008 07:05AM

IrishRasta0420

Security anywhere sucks,deal with it, but Biscuts and Starland are like PB and J, THE HEAT!!! Pick your poison, no matter what lot scene, same shit...As far as the music, Umm I think thats why we are here, these shows are gonna be sickkkkkkk!!!!!

The1AndOnlyDJCT starstarstarstarstar Mon 1/14/2008 11:38AM

Saying security anywhere sucks is true, but I go to a lot of shows, and I have never seen anything as bad as the Starland last year. I got there wayyyyyy before the show was supposed to start, and had to wait outside in the freezing cold for like 3 hours, along with a lot of other people, and missed the ENTIRE first set! It was so cold outside I honestly couldn't feel my feet by the time I got inside. The people who run that place are douchebags. DON'T GO BACK TO THE STARLAND! It's just not worth it, they ruined my whole experience.

HoodooVoodoo starstarstarstarstar Mon 1/14/2008 06:06PM

HoodooVoodoo

DOES BISCO DO THIS PURPOSELY? WHY ALL THESE SKETCHY VENUES? SKETCHY FESTY SITES?

Junglistic-Hippie Wed 1/16/2008 10:27AM

Junglistic-Hippie

just be safe and remember the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not get caught

see you there!

tommythecat77777 Thu 1/17/2008 08:08AM

tommythecat77777

Im going to have to pass on this leap year deal with bisco. I had the chance to attend on New Years and it was a great time. Keller bassnectar till 5am..come on they had half naked women fire dancers. great NYE experience..Im gonna pass on this shady 3 day run with bisco. No worries i'll catch them at Langerado in march!

peace and love kids.....

adubvu Fri 1/18/2008 09:24AM

adubvu

dont go to this show. the venue sucks donkey balls. the security guards here fuck you up no questions asked... you smoke a cig, theyll think its a jay and come up and bash ur shit in. This is the worst venue in jersey. I dont even know why the biscuits play here... and for three whole nights here. That is cruel to their fans. This place SUCKS. i live in philly and am a huge fan but still not attending this 3 night run jus cuz the venue is everything that sucks.

moeman1828 Tue 1/22/2008 07:55AM

ok i do agree that the venue sux balls but fukin deal with it! if biscuits are there im gunna be there no doubt. i was even threatened to be stabbed last year after one of the shows at starland. but im still going the fuk bak! cause im from jersey n i love biscuits.

Shane Thu 1/24/2008 07:50PM

JUST TO LET VERYONE KNOW.. STARLAND BALROOM IS THE WORST VENUE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO DO NOT FUCK AROUND OUTSIDE, INSIDE, AT THE HOTELS, ANYWHERE NEAR THE AREA. U WILL GET FUCKED I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. I HAVE FRIENDS STILL BEHIND BARS FROM THAT PLACE VIA BISCO RUN 2 YEARS AGO. BUT ANYWAYS RAGE AS HARD AS U CAN W/O BEING FUCKED! BISCO FOREVER BITCHES.

bgurla Thu 2/28/2008 11:49AM

bgurla

yea, yea...security sux @ every venue...if u get CAUGHT doin what ur not supposed to...keep ur business on the dl, dance n have fun!