SCI in Hi-Def at GAMH

SCI
Virtual Venues Network will offer a sneak preview screenings of String Cheese Incident - Hi-Def at Red Rocks on Thursday December 20 at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco.

String Cheese Incident's final two shows at Red Rocks on August 11 and 12 will be touring night clubs and colleges beginning in January, with live special guests at selected dates. Thursday's special screening is a two hour cut from the Saturday, August 11 show, life size and on-stage... just in case you missed it live!

Audio download is also available at www.nugs.net.

[Published on: 12/18/07]

Comments

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 09:53AM

AZ~*Droo*

WHAT!?! AWESOME I KNEW THOSE BIG PRO CAMERAS WERE THERE FOR A REASON! SO WHEN IS THE DVD OUT FOR SALE? HUH HUH HUH HUH JUST MADE MY DAY!

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 09:56AM

AZ~*Droo*

oh and that 8/11 show was the best concert i have ever been to in my life!

lvcheese Tue 12/18/2007 10:21AM

lvcheese

I heard Red Rocks wasn't all that. Big Summer Classic was their best shows. That came from Jason and Travis too.

acomma Tue 12/18/2007 10:23AM

acomma

So is this going to be released on DVD or what?? I heard the same thing as well lvcheese. Any show where they play 'Climb' has to be good.

aquariumdrunk starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 10:35AM

aquariumdrunk

08/11 was fu*king incredible, but was unfortunately the only night of the run I could make it to. I ordered the discs from Nugs as soon as I could, but would absolutely love a DVD release of those last two nights!!!

biged Tue 12/18/2007 10:49AM

biged

Great for cheese fans! I could really care less.....I would much rather have a SCI pro-shot show from say.....99-01....those guys were so good back then!!!!!

RedMule starstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 10:56AM

RedMule

They said that there will NOT be any live appearances at the Great American Music Hall on 12/20, even though Jason Hann will be playing at the Independent with the Nat Keefe Concert Carnival. Let's just wait and see!

hippyjessica Tue 12/18/2007 11:11AM

hippyjessica

Freakin' sweet. Pack it up!!! Wooohhh! This better come out on DVD/Blue Ray... whatever.

jchamilton136 starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 11:28AM

jchamilton136

"big summer classic....sci best shows"

I hope you are joking! When i read that I spit coffee right out of my mouth.

On another note cann't wait to see this DVD. What a great time CO was.

okfunkjunkie starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 11:29AM

I was at all four night of Red Rocks and although they were decent it was most certainly not the best cheese I have ever seen. Nothing can compare to the good o' days of 2000.

jchamilton136 starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 11:33AM

jchamilton136

98-02

sci glory years fo sure.

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 12:24PM

AZ~*Droo*

yeah zoe is good. 8/3 is great. but was unable those. but did do 3 nights at rr. not saying 8/11 is the best cheese show the def the best concert i have attended. the energy in that place was overwhelming. just stoked that i may get to owm good footage of the shows. and yes best cheese is 99-01.

uncljohnsband5 Tue 12/18/2007 12:50PM

i think 10/31/04 was one of my favorite shows, not THE favorite but one of them

twain starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 01:51PM

at all four red rock shows, truely epic special extended weekend. you just had to be there. praying for release. that vegoose late night w/ circus ole' also mindblowing! wholly shite.

jbleiche starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 02:18PM

Nice! I know I'm know gonna get destroyed but I think 7/11 (the first night at beacon theater) was one of the best shows from the last stretch, probobly the best one. sooo tight. I was crying that I wasn't at red rocks though so this is awesome that i'll get to see it. Listened to the shows...awesome of course but I think beacon may have been better.

jbleiche Tue 12/18/2007 02:19PM

...maybe not crying...

Carini83 Tue 12/18/2007 02:34PM

Carini83

yeah this was the most fun i have ever had in my life at a show. and most definitly the best concerts i have ever been to. especially 8-11 that Big Shoes was off the hook! PLEASE RELEASE THIS ON DVD!

threef starstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 02:38PM

The Cheese in 99 at the Winter Carnival at the Fillmore w/ my bro red bear that was a smoking show. I went the second night at the rocks and Travis as Micheal Jackson was the funniest shit I have almost ever seen at a show. Too bad they don't have that on Film it was classic

threef Tue 12/18/2007 02:40PM

You need to put out a DVD of the fillmore at thoses shows in 99' I have seen a tape of it down in the Hippie love pit

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 02:48PM

AZ~*Droo*

yeah that big shoes was great! that whole set was great beginning with desert dawn. And those Vegoose latenight show are epic as well! 05 better than 06 imo.

ScIFreak Tue 12/18/2007 04:15PM

ScIFreak

A new DVD of Cheese would be more than awsome to have... I wonder if they Have any footage of other shows in 2002. Their DVD of the Fillmore Show is just sick, and I would love to see more from that year...

Thanks for the good times Cheese.

Justin Gillett Tue 12/18/2007 07:00PM

Justin Gillett

This sounds like a blast. I saw Phish in Brooklyn at the movie theater and it was a blast. Even though I went to all of the Red Rocks shows I still feel like I need to attend this. Too bad I'm seeking Queens of the Stone Age at The Warfield this Thursday.

Rivertrancer Wed 12/19/2007 04:27AM

Rivertrancer

Good news, but Friday nights show from the Big Summer Classic would have been ideal.

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 10:16AM

AZ~*Droo*

yes!!^^^ love that 8-3 show show. that missin me is incredible!

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 10:21AM

AZ~*Droo*

and i hope they got good footage of the slide show they did during rhum n zouc on sunday!

chidodger Wed 12/19/2007 11:37AM

chidodger

Best SCI show ever was the the late night show the 1st year of Vegoose. That was, by far, in my top 3 shows of all time(for any artist, not just cheese). Thriller to close the 1st set, plus talking heads and meters covers in the 2nd set, that shit was sick. I miss the old vegoose days.

manlejo starstarstarstar Wed 12/19/2007 01:09PM

Hey UncleJohn's.. was 10.31.04 Hulaween in Madison? I thought that was a great time! One of the better shows I've ever been to, for sure. Could've done without the goofy MC guy trying to crack jokes in between sets, and the political rhetoric was a bit overdone, but I got to be in the parade(!) and the all-covers second set was friggin awesome. Plus, who can deny "Take the Power Back"? Good times...

Youngstar Wed 12/19/2007 04:48PM

Everyone knows 10-30-2004 UIC Pavilion was a better show teehee.

tulane1 Thu 12/20/2007 10:25AM

ZOE was by far their best jams of the summer but saying goodbye to Cheese at the Rocks was priceless.

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Thu 12/20/2007 11:02AM

AZ~*Droo*

^^well said!

AXVACHO Fri 12/21/2007 01:28PM

AXVACHO

Best show ever was 11/11/2001. Anyone else there? Remember its 11:11 on 11/11? And then they played a tribute to their newlywed friends in the audience. That entire place was hopping! I've never seen a venue dance before or since...greatness!

MrFreedomMan starstarstarstarstar Sat 12/22/2007 02:49PM

They HAVE to release 8/11 on DVD. fuckin DIRK! Zoe was a great jam sesh, great energy, very loose & wild. especially the 4 and 1/2 hour saturday night. but im not seein any northwest love up here. u ALL kno if there is a cheese DVD comin out, the venue to remember forever is Horning's. that shit is unparallelled. best cheese shows prolly 8/11, late nite vegoose - both years, and sunday night @ horning's '07.

bpngdf Wed 12/26/2007 01:17PM

late night cheese is where its at.

PooDolla Thu 12/27/2007 12:28PM

PooDolla

I can agree with "chidodger" that the Vegoose late night show from 2005 was unreal. One of my favorites was the fist night of Big Summer Classic 2005 at Red Rocks. Fireworks were going of right above the stage toward the beginning of the first set and you could see at least 10 other displays going on around Denver. Pretty epic! Steamboat summer 2002 was pretty fun too.

bobertjohnson starstarstarstarstar Sat 12/29/2007 06:46PM

Cheese at Red Rocks 2007 was one of the best things I've ever done in my life, hands down.

FestyDyke Mon 1/7/2008 10:22AM

Nothing compares to Cheese at hornings hideout.. period. Best venue, best crowd.. best mind blowing experiences ever.. :) much love..