STS9 2008 Winter Tour

2008 WINTER TOUR DATES ANNOUNCED!

STS9
STS9 is pleased to announce a few weeks worth of dates starting soon after the New Year! Anchored by two night stands in Seattle, Portland and Denver the band will wind through the Pacific Northwest, through Colorado and up into the Midwest closing things off in Chicago and St. Louis. Also on the tour the band will make much longed after returns to Salt Lake City, Missoula, Boise and Omaha. But that's not all! Check out ALL the dates below. Tickets available here.

STS9 Tour Dates
01/29/08 Tue Sokol Auditorium / Underground Omaha, NE
01/30/08 Wed First Avenue Minneapolis, MN
01/31/08 Thu Canopy Club Urbana, IL
02/01/08 Fri Congress Theater Chicago, IL
02/02/08 Sat The Pageant St. Louis, MO

LATE NIGHT FUN IN ATLANTA

If you are in Atlanta for NYE get ready for four HUGE nights of post-show action to go along with STS9's shows at the Tabernacle. Join the fun for The Glitch Mob and Richard Devine at the Mark Ultra Lounge (12/28), Elliot Lipp and Telepath at Lenny's Bar (12/29), Bassnectar and Pnuma Live P.A. at The Apache Cafe (12/30), and Realized Intention featuring Sacred Science, Sub-ID and Kaptain Harris/DJ Rootz at The Apache Cafe (12/31).

NEW STS9 "TOP OF THE ROCKS" PodCast IS UP FOR FREE STREAMING & DOWNLOAD

When STS9 stepped onto the stage at the world famous Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado for two shows this past September, no one could have anticipated the magic that was about to unfold. In front of over 12,000 fans the band delivered a weekend of music no one in attendance will soon forget. From the first chords of "Breathe In" to the weekend closing chaos that was "Orbital" the band delivered every note with pinpoint accuracy and nothing short of fierce execution. Listen and download for yourself on I-Tunes or STS9's PodCast Portal and enjoy this PodCast brought to you by STS9 and 1320 Records.

SET LIST: BREATHE IN > BE NICE, INSTANTLY, AIMLESSLY > NAUTILUS > AIMLESSLY, LIFE'S SWEET BREATH, CIRCUS > TAP-IN

[Published on: 12/3/07]

Comments

bigfro Mon 12/3/2007 04:44PM

bigfro

Yeah, a band I care about, but No NYC

AintNoFreedom Mon 12/3/2007 04:53PM

AintNoFreedom

No love for Beantown, either.

argh.

moephishH2O Mon 12/3/2007 04:56PM

moephishH2O

No Eugene show?? = weak sauce But, 2 nights in Portland helps...

thecurtainhasclosed Mon 12/3/2007 04:58PM

thecurtainhasclosed

why dont they just put out a statement saying, "Fuck the East Coast"

moephishH2O Mon 12/3/2007 05:01PM

moephishH2O

^ hmmm...maybe because the play the East Coast DURING THE OTHER 3 SEASONS... The only time they come out West is January....

moogot2 Mon 12/3/2007 05:41PM

so once again they are too cool for humboldt....despite the fact that every show they play here is sold out....its been a few yrs now boys....ever gonna come back???

jabbajabba122 Mon 12/3/2007 05:45PM

well, seeing as i live in south dakota and working on new years can't make it to the nye show... but an 8 hour drive for the fillmore show is definately marked on my calendar, then another 8 hour drive the next week for the wmd's

Woody starstar Mon 12/3/2007 06:40PM

Woody

east???

moejoerisin Mon 12/3/2007 06:48PM

moejoerisin

excellent.. a weekend in denver. life is good.

Chaloupka starstarstarstarstar Mon 12/3/2007 07:49PM

Chaloupka

This is the only electronica band I seem to like. Denver should be fun!

mrkrinkle6884 starstar Mon 12/3/2007 07:50PM

mrkrinkle6884

If you live on the east coast and havent seen STS9 in a year something is wrong. They have played Knoxville,TN and Asheville 4 or 5 times in a year and a half span. And NO ONE comes to Knoxville compared to most nicely populated east coast cities.

C00lmike Mon 12/3/2007 08:56PM

C00lmike

They should put put a "fuck the East Coast" statement up and just say what everyone else is thinking

C00lmike Mon 12/3/2007 08:57PM

C00lmike

You guys got greedy

Seattlesublime starstarstarstarstar Mon 12/3/2007 08:59PM

Seattlesublime

1/18/08 will be the Greatest Day of my life.

I see my Favorite Band.

Play my Favorite Venue.

On my 30th Birthday.

LIFE IS GRAND!!!!

johnnygoff Mon 12/3/2007 09:06PM
Headyfunk1 starstarstar Mon 12/3/2007 09:18PM

I guess you all were not paying attention when they played 2 nights in philly at the end of may for JOTR and the after party, in D.C in october followed by Sonor in baltimore and 2 nights in NYC the following weekend....give em a break.

lvcheese Mon 12/3/2007 09:37PM

lvcheese

This tour is old news, but yeah whatever. I'll be in Hotlanta for the new years and the midwest run

Dicky79 starstarstarstarstar Mon 12/3/2007 09:39PM

seriously. they also played burlington and boston. and NYC in may with those philly shows. AND they also play new years every year on the east.

and humboldt? years? try less than a year ago. maybe you should all take a look at a map make sure you are in the right place.

acomma Mon 12/3/2007 09:48PM
jizack12 Mon 12/3/2007 09:54PM

jizack12

exactly. i live in boulder so i am stoked for those 2 Denver dates, but i was just on the EAST COAST and i saw them in Burlington, Northampton, Boston, Both NYC Shows, and Millvale which is basically Pittsburgh. I also saw Jam on The River in May in PHILLY. Last time I checked all these places are on the East Coast.....and those six 6 shows that i hit on fall tour happened about 2 MONTHS AGO. honestly, if you are going to complain about something at least know what you are talking about before you open up your mouth.

chidodger Mon 12/3/2007 10:02PM

chidodger

OH YEAH!!! Sound Tribe at the Congress In CHICAGO 3 days before my 26th birthday! It's gonna be sick!

brwnben starstarstar Tue 12/4/2007 05:02AM

I am with ya jizack12. I was thinking that I must be missing something here. Some people on this board like to bitch for the sake of bitching. Every time STS9 posts dates they send peeps into a tailspin with all the " No ___ ___ love? Weak Sauce!" If only they could clone themselves. Then mabey they could make everyone happy. See you in the ATL.

beatleboy000 starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/4/2007 06:58AM

This group is sick. There shows are constantly evolving, bummpn, and insane. Its always one big dance party! Can't wait to see the Tribe in STL.

phishr82 starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/4/2007 07:59AM

phishr82

everyone loves denver! bisco one weekend, sts9 the next!

Marcsmall Tue 12/4/2007 08:05AM

Marcsmall

Hell, everybody should put out a statement that says "Fuck the East Coast"

C00lmike Tue 12/4/2007 08:41AM

C00lmike

agreed, how about this: East coast - you take bisco and the rest of the country will take everybody else. Sounds good to me.

The Glick Tue 12/4/2007 08:45AM

The Glick

last weekends shows in Santa Cruz were fun.

spearheadkid101 Tue 12/4/2007 10:14AM

all of u are crazy first off 4 nights on the east coast 4 new years and then lets not forget that regeneration is ganna happen again at deerfields and also this is only winter, sts9 has more love for the east coast they just have to spread the word to the rest of the country and oh yeah what about that late night spot

philly5 starstarstar Tue 12/4/2007 10:21AM

Really what everyone needs to do is not go and see em for a tour. Let the head clear. Then when you see then again the next time around you'll realize that they are still playing the same songs over and over again. You'll then say to yourself wow these guys are terribad and go find a better band to spend your money on.

LuvMuscle777 Tue 12/4/2007 11:44AM
deadhead4130 Tue 12/4/2007 11:51AM
schmirtz starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/4/2007 12:14PM

lay off the gas philly

MatthewAtienza Tue 12/4/2007 12:14PM

MatthewAtienza

good thing i have never seen them. im going to check them out in minneapolis.

hmmmha Tue 12/4/2007 12:29PM

haha a video game to sound tribe. you must play some crazy ass games luvmuscle

johnnygoff Tue 12/4/2007 12:41PM

johnnygoff

let me personally be more clear here. "East Coast" was probably the wrong term.

they do hit philly, nyc, boston, etc...but why not ever any upstate ny or "off-cities" dates. (not counting camp bisco)...???

I am not a hater. My lack of love is driven by my simple desire to see these cats within a 4 hour drive. I know a venue/city like Ithaca is out of the question, but there's a lot more out there than just the major spots.

that's all I'm sayin.

they are making me 'sts-be9'

phaslam Tue 12/4/2007 01:03PM

phaslam

STS9 runs very similar tour patterns every year. NYE in ATL, Winter tour on the west coast, rockies and midwest. Spring in the south. Summer is hitting festies and then early fall after Red Rocks hits up the East Coast. There are few random shows here and there, but this is pretty much how it flies. Everyone will get their 9 on, so just be patient or blow some cash and fly to catch them somewhere else. PEAS.

PhilnWeird star Tue 12/4/2007 01:27PM

PhilnWeird

I hope they never come back to the East Coast.

spitz66 Tue 12/4/2007 02:30PM

STS9 just played NYC two month ago - I'm disapointed there are no NYC dates but ill live untill the spring. Im happy with moe. on NYE.

xninjaxattackx starstarstar Tue 12/4/2007 04:28PM

dude johnnygoff but i gotta call ya a hater on this one. I live just outside ithaca myself and i managed to see the twice on the fall tour (Pittsburgh-columbus) and was back for class on fri. whats ur excuse man i live 1/2 hr away from your town and ive seen these guys 5 motha flippin times this year. they got ALL kinds of east coast love.

lvcheese Tue 12/4/2007 07:10PM

lvcheese

Who ever is bitching about sector 9 not being on the east coast is dumb. There fall tour had 6 dates in the northeast alone. Know what your talking about or don't post.

Zapzapa star Tue 12/4/2007 08:07PM

Zapzapa

philly5 your a joke, it's obvious to me that you don't really listen to music that close. thats a fact

Greatwaves Tue 12/4/2007 08:11PM

Greatwaves

can you blame em for sticking to the west coast, why come out this way and deal with all the Bisco lovers and shit talkers, out west they dont have to deal with bad vibes, bisco kids, philly gas , or anything of the sort, the west coast fits the attitude of the band much bettter,, as does the south,...that being said, ive seen em in pitts, columbus, millwalkee, and chicago,cleveland and detroit in the midwest and nothing compares to the shows i saw out west in san fran or down south in ashville or knoxville or athens

Justin Gillett Tue 12/4/2007 08:18PM

Justin Gillett

I was at the Santa Cruz shows this last weekend and I can say that STS9 is on fire right now. They are really fullfilling their shoes as one the the fathers of the present day jam scene.

And Fuck the Eas Coast...you can keep Bisco. We will give you Honkeytonk Homeslice as well because they suck.

Justin Gillett Tue 12/4/2007 08:19PM

Justin Gillett

t

Zapzapa Tue 12/4/2007 10:29PM

Zapzapa

dparris you need to seem them in texas you would love the vibe in Austin

johnnygoff Tue 12/4/2007 10:47PM

johnnygoff

hey xninjaxattackx, callin' me a hater is fine. though you are wrong here. Barring a public (despite your anonymity and not mine) bloggy thing, i'm just sayin I see a lot of live music, despite being working 60-70 hours a week and having two kids and a wife. I'm glad dude, you went to two STS9 shows and still made it back in time for your 1 p.m. monday badminton class at college, but 4 hours is my max. Just sayin brah---dems are my limits there. hatin=no. maybe too much lovin=yes.

I love sts9, and can't excessively travel to see them. You can't fault a brother for that, right?

RothburyWithCheese star Wed 12/5/2007 06:11AM
lemak91 Wed 12/5/2007 07:28AM

lemak91

how the fuck do you fall asleep at a sound tribe show on mushies? you must have pretty shitty taste in music if you thought the tribe was boring.

lemak91 Wed 12/5/2007 07:31AM

lemak91

and yes the vibe in Austin is awesome. ACL weekend this year with the tribe was amazing. Zapzapa knows where its at.

insignia starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/5/2007 08:04AM

all their songs are the same. Theres not wnadering in them. If u heard them for the first time you would things they were jammin in part, but its all just routine.

moejoerisin Wed 12/5/2007 08:17AM

moejoerisin

i'll admit, i dug the tribe when they were more jazzy and improv-oriented, but they're definitely a fun show no matter which way you slice it.

j-bizzle Wed 12/5/2007 08:42AM

j-bizzle

dparris - I'll have to disagree with you on west coast sts9 shows being better than the midwest. I have seen plenty at both, and i must say the midwest crowds definitely are a little more energetic. The tribe loves Chicago - and play almost as much here as they do in santa cruz/ san francisco. that being said - i'll take whatever opportunity i have to see them.

cuttyfives Wed 12/5/2007 11:51AM

badmiton class...good stuff JG

brwnben Wed 12/5/2007 01:06PM

Insignia....One more time in english please. Bump.

spitz66 Wed 12/5/2007 01:28PM

before I write this I want to put a disclaimer that sts9 is one of my top favorite bands. With that being said I have to agree in part with phill and deadhead that they don't really change up the setlist from night to night nor do they really jam that much. I still love tribe shows but I dont understand why they dont jam more and change up the setlists. I know that they want to foucs on the song structure and sections and make it tight and everything but you can do that and jam. Jaming doesnt have to be noodling- you can build up a jam and create something out of it. Also they have enough songs in their arsenal that they could play to create more variety. sts9 used to jam and they have the musical abillity to improvise - not just solo - but improvise as a collective effort. I think they should do this more and they could really skyrocket to new levels.

xninjaxattackx Wed 12/5/2007 01:40PM

Yeah sorry JGoff i cant fault you for that. My bad, i didnt relize that it was a family and other responsiblities thing. haha i actually took badmitton last yr and walk away with some very bruises. much love to you and i hope that sts9 plays in NY very soon.

philly5 Wed 12/5/2007 02:54PM

Zapzapa, opinions are what make this country great. I've been seeing STS9 since 2001 (snocore with Karl D in Denver), seen countless shows of a wide variety of bands. Whats going on now is the same rotation of songs for the last two years and it gets old. One can only handle Warrior so many times. I've heard it the last 4 seperate runs of shows I've seen. Same with Instantly. Its really the same songs all the time. Wheres my bust out nautilus or bust out anything? It gets old hearing the same songs over and over again. Yeah they change em up blah blah. Its still the same songs over and over again. Save your money folks for a better band or support a DJ cause hes doing the same thing maybe even better. To all that go on this tour have a great time cause that is exactly what show is about, a good time with friends!

cuttyfives Wed 12/5/2007 03:25PM

nautilus? CMOn on man....they play that enough, almost due BOB James justice, besides, every rapper/producer samples the shit out of that song so i am fine w/ them not playing it.

Zapzapa Wed 12/5/2007 05:55PM

Zapzapa

Philly5 your right about opinions, but there is now way each song sounds the same and that is why I say you are not listening close enough. Warrior sounds nothing like Instantly and I just saw them do AIMLESSLY > NAUTILUS > AIMLESSLY at Red Rocks so theres your Nautilus, I'm glad we are able to stay positive about this Philly5 I think thats really cool:)

Mule86 Thu 12/6/2007 04:30PM

Mule86

Tribe rips it every time i see them...only got to see a Louisville, Pontiac, and Columbus show this year...but every time, they were rippin it with different energies...they convey the true psychedelic/trance/whatever you label them as...In my honest opinion, Tribe has more textures and better lights than Biscos...not knockin the fans anymore either...at the last DB show i went to, someone pissed on my shoes without me lookin and someone almost puked all over my favorite jerry shirt. st Louis and canopy club shoes should be sweet.

Mule86 Thu 12/6/2007 04:30PM

Mule86

Tribe rips it every time i see them...only got to see a Louisville, Pontiac, and Columbus show this year...but every time, they were rippin it with different energies...they convey the true psychedelic/trance/whatever you label them as...In my honest opinion, Tribe has more textures and better lights than Biscos...not knockin the fans anymore either...at the last DB show i went to, someone pissed on my shoes without me lookin and someone almost puked all over my favorite jerry shirt. st Louis and canopy club shows should be sweet.

Mule86 Thu 12/6/2007 04:30PM

Mule86

Mule86 Thu 12/6/2007 04:32PM

Mule86

sorry folks...i cant afford a mac yet..go fuckin figure the slow connection speed..

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Fri 12/7/2007 09:42AM

its true. they played the same damn songs it seems at every show. for 2007 anyway. I liked my knoxville show, but I would not tour with them. I do not have the time anyway. This nice girl from JB gave me alot of 2007 shows for my collection and other than the deerfields performance, they did repeat lots of tunes. I know thats how u hone a skill with your tunes, I mean go look at Jerry Garcia Band setlists, same deal. so, its all good, they will morph into something else eventually, they have a real evolution to their soundz.

kall630 Fri 12/7/2007 12:04PM

kall630

my favorite band are weak tourers.

i can understand they cant come east everytime (although disappointing), but regardless this tour spans just over two weeks.

there summer tour had some nice 3 week breaks in it as well. ill still go see them everytime, but they should show some more love to their fans and tour a little harder

MrFreedomMan starstar Sat 12/8/2007 01:25PM

stoked to see some northwest love. havent known what to do with myself since cheese ditched the scene, glad to finally get some quality performers hittin sea & p -town(s respectively). im excited a band is coming that will force the "too-cool-to-dance" seattle crowds to actually fuckin move their bodies.

O1Roggae starstarstar Mon 12/10/2007 10:54AM

O1Roggae

weaksauce

zgja2 Tue 12/11/2007 09:43AM

zgja2

Official STS9 News Release, "We hate the southeast, no dates! Have a crappy winter."

spitz66 Tue 12/11/2007 07:00PM

ummm....STS9 is from the southeast and there are four nights in atlanta.

spate420 Mon 3/17/2008 10:44AM

Not putting NYC on the list was just plain stupid.