Ween Set 2008 Southeast Dates

Ween Set 2008 Southeast Dates

Tea Leaf Green New Year's Eve in Connecticut

Ween
Touring behind La Cucaracha, the band's first studio album in over four years, Ween will complete their 2007 tour dates tonight (11/30) and tomorrow at New York's Terminal 5 before kicking off a Southeast tour in January followed by dates in New Zealand and Australia.

Ween Tour Dates
03/06/08 Thu The Forum Theatre Melbourne, AU
05/09/08 Fri All Tomorrow's Parties Somerset, UK
05/09/08 Fri Camber Sands Holiday Centre Rye, UK
05/10/08 Sat All Tomorrow's Parties Somerset, UK
05/11/08 Sun All Tomorrow's Parties Somerset, UK

[Published on: 11/30/07]

Comments

Lenox starstarstar Fri 11/30/2007 09:19AM

Lenox

See you in Atlanta!

kirkbrew Fri 11/30/2007 09:28AM

kirkbrew

My thoughts on their live show (posted in the review section) after seeing them recently:

Ween seem to have abandoned “jamming” or at least stretching out songs. We saw them at Lalla last year and they really aired out tunes like Voodoo Lady and Johnny on the Spot. Not this evening. They pretty much ripped through every tune like the Stones rip through Satisfaction. Some of them were unbelievably short (less than 3 minutes). 33 songs in about 2 and a half hours.

And it wasn’t like they were up there ripping through tunes like the Ramones keeping the momentum and energy up. I’d say that some of the breaks between songs lasted longer than some of the songs.

Not to suggest that anyone should not go to see them, but if you are use to them jamming, be warned.

waltrem24 Fri 11/30/2007 09:31AM

I guess the boys are too embarrassed to come back to Birmingham after their last performance here. Keep it brown fellas, I will see you in the ATL.

windorascrub Fri 11/30/2007 10:02AM

windorascrub

ween have never "jammed" if you ask me. every ween show i have seen has been about the same. 30+ songs in 2 hours. i think their studio work is amazing and definetly consider myself a fan of their music but i think their live shows kinda suck. and usually a lot of their fans are just jackasses ( big generalization i know and sorry to any ween fans this doesn't apply to), but as a whole it is pretty true.

mrkrinkle6884 starstarstarstarstar Fri 11/30/2007 10:40AM

mrkrinkle6884

Cant wait for ATL. I have only seen WEEN once and that was Roo 04. Every live bootlegg i have herd has people screaming song suggestions though. Is that normal at all WEEN shows?? It just seems WEEN fans come from all Genre's(<-can be good and bad) of the music world and the one goal is to get COMPLETELY ENEBRIEATED on some of alcohol or chemical substance. Im looking forward to a rowdy, yet HUMANE crowd.

Dr. E-Rock Fri 11/30/2007 10:51AM

ween shows rock, but improv is not their thing. they might extend voodoo lady or poopship, but that is about it. by the way, every band has "a lot" of jackass fans and ween is no exception. their music does tend to bring out the rowdy drunken midget freak in a few folks, though.

mpstewart3280 Fri 11/30/2007 11:15AM

ween used to be good but their last couple of albums were/are less than mediocre at best. i cant even listen to them anymore. and everytime i've seen them live it's the same set list with maybe 3 different songs mixed in. To me the ween market is dropping. But i still love the ween oldies. White Pepper is still one of my favorite albums.

roberto767 starstarstarstarstar Fri 11/30/2007 11:29AM

roberto767

The Black Man yelled at the China man. "Eet is not broken. Eet is not frozen. The feesh it was just caught in dee o-shon. I do not steal! Don't breathe anudda sound! Or I'll take back that feesh and return it to the o-shon."

threef starstarstarstarstar Fri 11/30/2007 01:07PM

Ween tore shit up when they played Red Rocks summer of 06' Blew me away. One of the best show of my entire life. I have seen many shows over the years. I wish they would come back to Colorado soon.

blower starstarstar Fri 11/30/2007 01:27PM

Ween kills it! Amazing you were suprised to find wasted freaks at Ween? And suprised they did not "Jam"? By that presumably you mean improvisation? Have you ever listened to their music?

With songs like HIV, Spinal Meningitus, Richard Smoker, Booze me up, Banannas and Blow etc.... How could you not expect a crowd full of wasted weirdos. Every time I have seen em they have cranked out 3 -3 1/2 hours of non-stop tunes and like 30 + songs. They covered the Beatles and Motorhead in the same show last time I saw them. What else can you ask for in a rock and roll band.

mattland star Fri 11/30/2007 01:31PM

mattland

Probably one of the most irritating live shows out there. For some reason, Spinal Meningitis just didn't do it for me. Ween fans try to say that their tongue-in-cheek style is what makes them good for music; sarcasm doesn't make up for lack of talent/writing.

D-Line Fri 11/30/2007 02:57PM

haha you people are tarts, WEEN RIPS, their live shows are f'n awesome i go see them as much as i can, and mattland is the biggest tart of all, ween doesnt have a bad album. the song writing is unique and unlike any other band, ween is the true example of originality. go bye live at chicago the DVD and tell me they dont have talant? haha your just a hater. and the crowd? PLEEEASSE, id rather have a ween crowd then a smelly ass dredded f'n hippy crowd.

bigchris starstarstarstar Fri 11/30/2007 03:59PM

nice post Mimi! Ween is still on top of their game, that west coast tour totally rocked. You think their draw is down? Just opposite, their shows in the Bay Sold out months in advance(Warfield & SC Civic)as well as their sold out shows this weekend at Terminal 5 in NYC.They are bigger than ever.

Ween isn't some hippie freakout of endless guitar wanking, it is total ROCK! They do some improv on their tunes, not as much as in the past, but they are tighter and more explosive as they have ever been.

Strap on that Jammy Pac and see some Ween(if ya can get a ticket!)

How about a show review, JamBase?

drnokbot Fri 11/30/2007 11:55PM

drnokbot

All ye who fear the live WEEN shall be sacrificed at the altar of the boognish!!!!

nathanjrod starstarstarstarstar Sat 12/1/2007 07:40AM

nathanjrod

The show last night was ROCKIN...I'm by no means a huge fan of the band and only knew about half a dozen songs but it was a fantastic show.

gOdWesSaTaN Sat 12/1/2007 04:50PM

gOdWesSaTaN

ween jams when they want to jam. as for assholes at there shows you find them at every show you'll ever go to. new album is amazing. see you in atlanta. all hail the mighty boognish

breadloaf starstarstar Sun 12/2/2007 07:00AM

kirkbrew, I looked for your show review but could not find it. What show did you see? I saw them last week in Burlington. Good show but not the best I have seen from the brothers. There was an element of "auto-pilot." The succinctness of Ween is one of their qualities; I don't know anyone who goes to see them expecting jamming, per se. The different sounds that Aaron can accomplish with his voice are amazing. I see lots of shows, jam or otherwise, and I fail to see any difference between Ween fans and any other rock and roll concert goers- anyone going to see a band sing "Booze me up and get me high" pretty much knows what they're getting into, wouldn't you say?

deucetafari Sun 12/2/2007 06:47PM

ween rocks.

kirkbrew Mon 12/3/2007 09:16AM

kirkbrew

breadloaf - I did a short thing under reviews. It was the Aragon show in Chicago (I can't get to the Forum section now). Pretty much everything is there 'cept me bitching about S3 security and waiting something like 45 min to get into the show.

I think wessew is right that Ween jam when they want to. Check out the Live in Chicago CD/DVD (from 2003 shows). Voodoo, Zoloft and Roses stretch out nicely over 6 to 7 min on the CD. When I saw them at Lolla, they also tore up Johnny. And yea, you don't expect a 20 min Ocean Man. And they do rock.

O1Roggae starstar Mon 12/3/2007 12:46PM

O1Roggae

3 shows in FL thats a major suprise. I will definately see at least one of the shows, they sucked at Bonnaroo last year, but u can't judge a band by one fest performance. Better studio band in my opinion than live.

gOdWesSaTaN Mon 12/3/2007 02:51PM

gOdWesSaTaN

yeah i was at the lolla set an epic 20 minute captain that song has one line Captain, turn around and take me home

DaveT Tue 12/4/2007 09:22AM

DaveT

Runawayfoam...Hey now, you may only know a "half-dozen" songs, but I'd still consider you a huge fan. ;)

nomemory starstarstarstarstar Wed 12/5/2007 07:25AM

nomemory

my boognish, this is curzy! first of all, not everyband needs to turn every song into a 30 minute jam session...I don't know where that fallacy came from...Ween has always been a band of nice tight, well made, well written songs...often fairly short (under 5 minutes) I know another lame band called the beatles that wrote songs along those lines. Even so, listen to AIDS on live in toronto vs AIDS on live in chicago...completely different feels. I've seen Ween somewhere around ten times, haven't been let down yet, even the shows I traveled across states to see. NE ways, I'm kinda glad there is so much negativity towards them... I might like them a little less if some of you "cool" people liked them as much as I do. Ween probably wouldn't even be in the jamcommunities mouths if phish didn't cover "roses are free" all those years ago...After playing bonnaroo earlier this year, Deaner said something along the lines of "Last year week we played to a field of hippies, now we are playing to a crowd of punks...personally, I prefer the punks." 'nuff said. (don't get me wrong, I love dat hippie music)

OH,and all controversy aside, the whole reason I started this comment was to say...heck yeah! WEENS coming to FLORIDA!!! I can't wait to hear some of the new songs live! Gonna be a brown night!

manlejo Wed 12/5/2007 09:54AM

Here's hoping they see their dream come to fruition. At the climax of the show, during an eardrum bursting freak out, they have an industrial strength fan blow fine mists of fecal matter all across the audience, leaving everyone present staggering away, dazed, ears ringing, saturated with a fine mist of shit...

PhilnWeird starstarstarstarstar Tue 12/18/2007 04:58AM

PhilnWeird

Anybody going to the HOB in Myrtle Beach? If so, I will see you there. All Hail the Mighty Boognish.

1684fire Fri 7/18/2008 10:36AM

I just saw Ween play a 3rd 2008 Colorado show last night at FM and it doesnt look like the "Ween market is dropping". At one point it was so crowded I couldnt even believe it. Jam or no jam, whatever ppl, WEEN commanded last night and without the full recap-- i'll just say AWESOME SOUND. And as far as their newer stuff-- if you can't listen to them anymore then you are getting old my friend. They played 1/2 of Lacucaracha last night and it was a party 100%. Awesome studio tracks (not all of them), and AMAZING shows. I was looking at all the framed pictures of ppl that have performed at the Fillmore last night, and I did not see one other than Ween that even compared (pure jam bands different story).