MMJ Replace Vedder at Bridge

Jerry Lee Lewis
Tom Waits with Kronos Quartet
John Mayer
My Morning Jacket
Tegan & Sara
Regina Spektor

Saturday, October 27 at 5 p.m.
Sunday, October 28th at 2 p.m.
Shoreline Amphitheatre

My Morning Jacket
Eddie Vedder's performances with Jack Irons and Flea at next week's Bridge School Benefit concerts have unfortunately been canceled due to a personal family matter with one of the band's members. The band apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.

My Morning Jacket has just announced that they will now be performing at both Bridge School Benefit concerts at Shoreline Amphitheatre. My Morning Jacket is a critically acclaimed five piece band from Louisville, KY, known for their electrifying live performances. A series of incredible concerts in late 2006, capped by a New Years Eve show at the legendary Fillmore marked My Morning Jacket's last Bay Area performances.

Tickets for both Bridge School Benefit concerts are on sale now at www.livenation.com, Ticketmaster outlets or charge by phone. Tickets are $150.00 and $75.00 for reserved seating and $39.50 for general admission plus applicable service charges. There is a 2 ticket limit for reserved seats and 8 ticket total purchase limit for these shows.

[Published on: 10/19/07]

Comments

nbailin2 starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/19/2007 11:56AM

holy sh*t.

adamben1 starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/19/2007 12:50PM

wish i could catch tom waits with the kronos quartet

kronos quartet performed the soundtrack for requiem for a dream

sounds like a sweet show

RothburyWithCheese star Fri 10/19/2007 01:47PM
Kayceman Fri 10/19/2007 01:54PM

Kayceman

Neil sure knows a good thing when he hears it. Nice to see MMJ stepping up as well. The band has put all shows on hold as they work on their next album (and continue to conquer the universe) but is willing to head out to California for this, amen to the Jacket! Young, Waits and MMJ, hot damn, almost makes me wish I weren't headed to Vegoose... almost...

Derekmk Fri 10/19/2007 03:30PM

God damn these guys are blowing up. They deserve it. Can't wait for the new album..

dudeski3 Fri 10/19/2007 03:56PM

dudeski3

I love MMJ, but that Vedder trio would've been really freaking good... so I'm sad.

moejoerisin Fri 10/19/2007 04:50PM

moejoerisin

USCtrojans, just stop posting. you're a moron and you never have anything useful or constructive to add to any discussion. i apologize to jambase and fellow respectful posters, cause that was definitely a personal attack. but it was deserved.

RothburyWithCheese star Sat 10/20/2007 05:58AM
roberto767 Sat 10/20/2007 01:41PM

roberto767

Clearly I remember

Pickin' on the boy

Seemed a harmless little fuck

But we unleashed a lion

Gnashed his teeth and bit the recessed lady's breast

How could I forget

He hit me with a surprise left

My jaw left hurtin

Dropped wide open

Just like the day

Like the day I heard

roberto767 Sat 10/20/2007 01:43PM
roberto767 Sat 10/20/2007 01:45PM
Kayceman starstarstarstarstar Sat 10/20/2007 05:06PM

Kayceman

I wonder why Eddie Vedder hand-picked MMJ for their Europe tour... and U2 as well. I wonder why the legendary Fillmore in SF called and asked MMJ to do 3 nights for NYE last year?

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Sun 10/21/2007 08:48AM
roberto767 starstarstarstarstar Sun 10/21/2007 01:34PM

roberto767

Who says Vedder or Bono have good taste? Have you seen how Bono dresses? ;)

theivywall starstarstarstarstar Sun 10/21/2007 09:18PM

theivywall

mmj=awesome

neil young= my baby's mamma

Ned8 starstarstarstarstar Mon 10/22/2007 09:10AM

God; chatty like school girls, darn; Bridge School is a benefit for a worthy cause. It’s a blessing that both would be a part of it. I saw one with Jerry and Bobby, Bob Dylan, and a whole host of amazing acts and it was out of this world. Every line-up, every year is outstanding. I can't believe there is even a pissing contest on a board about it. You guys should visit the Radio head review and board to witness comment manners and interesting, insightful debate. I mean I'm as opinionated as the next guy but really. I read the article all enthusiastic and I scrolled down and it ruined for me

moejoerisin Mon 10/22/2007 10:58AM

moejoerisin

i do have a sense of humor. it's just annoying when someone posts strictly negative comments on a message board. sure, constructive criticism here or there is always needed, but you'll never see that from USC kellerhead.

RothburyWithCheese star Mon 10/22/2007 01:42PM
j-bizzle Mon 10/22/2007 03:04PM

j-bizzle

moejoe - you want USC boy to post a positive comment? Get him a review of a shakira show, that'll do the trick. For what its worth, I would rather see MMJ over Vedder anyday.

cuttyfives Mon 10/22/2007 09:01PM

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums

sunnbear Tue 10/23/2007 01:53PM

sunnbear

WHAT THE...?

THoff46 Tue 10/23/2007 10:15PM

My Morning Jacket is the best band out there right now. Hands down. Nobody i'd rather see live than this band. Download Bonnaroo '06 late night show, unbelievably tight and original. They don't live up to the hype? This band is gonna be around for a long time, so maybe you should spend less time talking about how you wish you could see Eddie Vedder drink a bunch of red wine and actually listen to some music.

THoff46 Tue 10/23/2007 10:20PM