Las Tortugas II Additions

ALO
Las Tortugas Dance of the Dead II, the Halloween music festival at Evergreen Lodge at the Western gate of Yosemite National Park from October 25-28, is pleased to announce some band additions to an already stellar lineup.

In addition to headliners Tea Leaf Green, ALO, New Monsoon and host band Blue Turtle Seduction, the lineup now includes the legendary Melvin Seals & JGB with David Kemper, a solo performance by Trevor Garrod of Tea Leaf Green, Josh Clark's (of Tea Leaf Green) Guitarmageddon, and Monophonics.

The artist lineup, as well as ticket and lodging information, can be found at evergreenhalloween.inticketing.com. Tickets still remain, as well onsite cabins for Thursday and Sunday are still available; a limited number of reserved onsite camping sites also still remain. Further, one day tickets are available through the Evergreen Lodge at 209-379-2606.

The festivities open up with the Thursday night kickoff party, featuring two full sets by ALO, as well as performances by Blue Turtle Seduction, local faves The Trespassers, and late night sets on the Tavern stage with Tracorum and Izabella. Please come join us at one of the most magical place on earth.

DAILY SCHEDULE available here.

October 25 (beginning at 8 p.m. with The Trespassers): ALO-two sets starting at midnight, Blue Turtle Seduction, The Trespassers, Izabella, Tracorum

October 26 4 p.m. - 4 a.m.: Tea Leaf Green, ALO, Blue Turtle Seduction, Josh Clark's Guitarmageddon, Tracorum, Izabella, Mr. Brown, Buffalo Strange, Holiday and the Adventure Pop Collective

October 27 4 p.m. - 4 a.m.: Tea Leaf Green, New Monsoon, Blue Turtle Seduction, Izabella, Tracorum, Greensky Bluegrass, Monophonics, The Trespassers, Mr. Brown, Holiday and the Adventure Pop Collective

October 28 12 Noon - 10 p.m. (with late night sets in the Tavern): JGB featuring Melvin Seals and David Kemper, New Monsoon, Trevor Garrod of Tea Leaf Green, Adam Burns Band, Buffalo Strange, Greensky Bluegrass, Izabella, The Trespassers

See you in Yosemite!

Comments

bigfro Mon 10/8/2007 05:00PM

bigfro

If only I had endless free airfair. Definitely sounds like a winner

Chaloupka Mon 10/8/2007 06:48PM

Chaloupka

I've been wanting/trying to dig Tea Leaf Green for a while now - seen 'em 4 times over the last few years. But after catching their show in Boulder the other day (9/28), I just don't think they're as good as so many people claim they are. I enjoy watching Garrod on the keys & vox, but that's about it. What I really want to know is why does everyone think Clark is some kind of axe master . . .

Overall, I'll just chalk it up to the "different strokes for different folks" explanation.

ManyRoads starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/9/2007 07:18AM

ManyRoads

Chaloupka, sounds like you gave TLG an honest respectable shot! They are definetly a 2 set headline band...festival shows don't do if for me either. To me it's not so much about ripping guitar solos (though I do think Josh shreds and his new slide work is great)but about how TLG makes me feel inside, the hope and inspiration that their simple tunes create, which is something that separates them from so many bands on this site that I really can't love. That is a very individualistic experience, one that many TLG fans do share, and somethinkg that will make this festival such an amazing family event. Peace and may you find your own way.

totalot Wed 10/10/2007 10:16AM

Props to the Blue Turtle guys for putting on a much needed event in Cali, but in the future I hope they leave the performing to the other groups.

RedMule starstarstarstarstar Wed 10/10/2007 03:06PM

RedMule

Anyone wanting to get involved in street teaming for the event in the SF Bay area, let me know. There are some good shows and events coming up that could still use some flyering and postering.

See you in Yosemite!

justin5 starstarstarstarstar Fri 10/12/2007 03:41PM

Cant wait for this Mountain Throwdown,

JGB, Alo, Blue Turtle and so many more,

3 stages to boot!

BoboJeffie starstarstarstarstar Sat 10/13/2007 07:06PM

I really enjoy all of the bands on the line up, all that san francisco flavor with a dash of Tahoe, and that Tahoe flavor adds much spice and uniqueness to the line up. Yeah Blue Turtle! Such a fun band. I hope they get the time they deserve at their own fest, I am sure they will. Their fan base is a ton of fun, and they mix the spazz with the soul sweetly. Going to be another fine celebration of music and community in the Sierras. Izabella is some great soulful stuff that more people should know about, and the Trespassers are ass kick backwoods sierra grass stomp that is the fests house band. They were great last year and played around a campfire all night. Another cool thing about this fest is the shows go til 4am...WOOOHOOO!!

eje Thu 10/18/2007 08:47AM

I'm thinking of driving up there from the central coast for Sunday to catch Buffalo Strange. I fell in love with them when I discovered them on a trip to Tampa earlier this year. These guys rock!!!!

nature_girl starstarstarstarstar Sat 10/20/2007 06:47PM

nature_girl

I must say that I am stoked to be seeing New Monsoon as well as Izabella at this throw down of dancing with the dead in the high country! Whoo hoo, we are gonna be dancin in the street! Izabella Rocks!

nature_girl starstarstarstarstar Sat 10/20/2007 06:50PM

nature_girl

acrazya starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/23/2007 01:48PM

I'm super stoked about this whole festival...what a fabulous lineup. One of my new favorites Holiday and the Adventure Pop Collective playing with old favorites like New Monsoon and ALO is sure to be a freaking amazing time. The wait is almost over!!