Axl Rose Joins Bach

From www.nme.com:

Guns N' Roses man teams up with Sebastian Bach
Axl Rose joins long-time pal on new album

Axl Rose by Kevin Mazur
Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has teamed up with former Skid Row frontman and long-time pal Sebastian Bach on Bach's forthcoming solo album Angel Down.

Rose appears on two of the album's tracks. The first track, "(Love Is) A Bitchslap," is the album's first single. The second track is a cover of Aerosmith's "Back In The Saddle."

Bach, who sang on the forthcoming Guns N' Roses album, said he decided to ask Rose to return the favour as a joke, and was surprised at his response.

"I just texted Axl, I go, 'Hey, dude, when are you gonna come and sing on my record?'" Bach told Blabbermouth.

"I was just joking -- I didn't think he would do that. But he never ceases to amaze me. His response was, "When? Where? What time? Where is the studio? What time do you want me there?" I was, like, 'You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Pinch me, I'm dreaming.'"

Angel Down is due out in the U.S. on November 20. It is Bach's first solo album since 1999's Bring 'Em Bach Alive.

[Published on: 8/23/07]

Comments

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/23/2007 09:15AM

woow!! whats next? I can hardly wait!! :P

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/23/2007 09:17AM

the hair bands will return??? I admit, I listened to all this stuff in highschool. I have seen, I admit, night ranger, motley crue, cinderella, whitesnake, and poison. =)

treetops78 Thu 8/23/2007 09:18AM

treetops78

I just checked the wall calendar and it did not say 04/01.

I am confused.

Brooklynn Thu 8/23/2007 10:17AM

Brooklynn

love is a bitchslap...now it doesn't get any classier than that folks ;)

Luthur star Thu 8/23/2007 10:18AM

What the fuck? I mean, huh? Axl Fucking Rose is the reason I went in search of better music and I ended up for the most part listening to jambands.

I sure hope they keep us up to date on the latest Whitesnake tour. I heard it's going to be awesome. They are going to have like almost 2 original members.

ashellen Thu 8/23/2007 10:37AM

ashellen

rumor has it that this new album will really jam. they have a heady version of "18 and life", its about 17 min.

freetime3 Thu 8/23/2007 10:39AM

freetime3

Now c'mon people. I'm sure this is going to be some top notch, high quality music! I've been waiting for a collaboration like this since 1985.

moephishH2O star Thu 8/23/2007 10:44AM

moephishH2O

And here I though Jambase only posted 'meaningful' headlines....

airball starstarstar Thu 8/23/2007 10:54AM

Shouldn't Axl focus on finishing HIS album before working on other people's stuff. I mean, that Chinese Democracy album has only been in the works for like 15 years...

shonuff Thu 8/23/2007 11:06AM

does anyone remember the "you could be mine" video. That was fucking awesome

toeknee420 Thu 8/23/2007 11:16AM

toeknee420

I want you to eat my God damn burrito and say "I'm not going to take American jobs away.." you fat slut or I'll have you deported.

gmoo Thu 8/23/2007 11:20AM

gmoo

I heard Gene Simmons is a guest on many of the tracks playing his infamous flaming sword.

I think it's time Axl gets a reality show? Anyone have any ideas?

Stanleyfunkybutt Thu 8/23/2007 11:31AM

Axle's album nor his face are completely done and won't be for some time. Botox and Pro Tools have a way of drawing things out.

sunnbear star Thu 8/23/2007 11:31AM

sunnbear

DOH!

anonymous starstar Thu 8/23/2007 11:56AM

anonymous

i believe the chinese communists will be a democracy before axl gets around to getting his "chinese democracy" album out..........maybe he can debut it when they "tear down that wall".........

maybe if he had released something within a decade (or so) after the illusions i would have cared.......

YEMolly Thu 8/23/2007 12:08PM

YEMolly

Oh my gosh-this would have been my dream "band" in 1993!!! Now if they could get Jani Lane of Warrant to join, this might be the next super jam!
Sebastian Bach is still hot!

All Loving Liberal White Guy Thu 8/23/2007 12:12PM

All Loving Liberal White Guy

Hey Axl,

Where is Chinese Democracy?!!! We've been waiting like almost 15 years for that album. My guess is that democracy will actually come to China before that album drops.

All Loving Liberal White Guy Thu 8/23/2007 12:19PM

All Loving Liberal White Guy

Speaking of China,

It's gonna be kind of amusing to see how all of those foreign athletes are gonna perform in the outdoors next year at the Olympics in Beijing in all that air that is so polluted to the point where you can even see much more than two feet in front of you.

torn&treyed Thu 8/23/2007 12:21PM

awww someone beat me to the where's chinese democracy joke. Love(ed) GNR but am pissed at the same time axel dissolved it. My buddy caught the shows at hammerstein and said axl's voice isnt what it used to be.

blower starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/23/2007 12:26PM

Hey Gmoo-How about we call his reality TV gig-"Junk Show" A contest to see which upcoming musical star of Blender Magazine can shoot the most smack and not OD. However, if the celebrity singer shows up to a concert on time they lose points. If they have to cancel a gig due to bursting veins or passing out in thier own vomit the get bonus points.

Jambase-Thanks for a good laugh, I know this was only for the comedy.

Astronaut Jones starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/23/2007 12:45PM

Astronaut Jones

Here's your reality show. You put Axl, Sebastian, Brett Michaels (i know he's busy though), and maybe someone like Mick Mars on a stage and people pay money into their "braid fund" and try to decide if their faces have been ravaged by drugs or the Grim Reaper. You call it "Meth or Death". If you win, you get to be on either their current or future VH1 reality show. If you lose--they give you the clap. Nice!

guitardave starstarstarstar Thu 8/23/2007 12:56PM

guitardave

Axl Rose. What a joke. Whats with that yarn hair he's got going there? I've seen better weaves in Newark.

Road To Shambala Thu 8/23/2007 01:15PM

Road To Shambala

Thank you all for a good laugh. I had to come back to this board to see what was going to be said. Meth or Death, not bad.

Never a GnR fan but Axl gave all music fans one great thing:

SHANNON MOTHER FUCKING HOON

Now I'm gonna go write my words on the face of today

bigchris starstarstarstar Thu 8/23/2007 01:30PM

Hair jokes aside, this might be really good.

I caught GnR last fall in SF, they were really awesome. The "hired guns" played killer. Bach(& Skid row) was the opening act, and later he sat in with Axl for a couple tunes and they sounded suprisingly good together.

who knows, it might turn into some crappy VH1 reality show, or totally rock out!

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/23/2007 03:16PM

RothburyWithCheese

Axl rules!!! I have heard a few tracks from Chinese Democracy and thought they were pretty cool. It's no "Outside/Inside" but it was alright.

Sizlunt Thu 8/23/2007 04:00PM

Sizlunt

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

BWAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The comments here have really just destroyed me with laughter, no lie.

JakeCinningerisgod Thu 8/23/2007 08:38PM

boknows that is the best comment ever, blind melon is prolly the most underrated band of all time. Shannon Hoon is a genius, i still will not watch VH1 since they named them one of the most underrated bands of all time, totally bullshit.

JakeCinningerisgod Thu 8/23/2007 08:39PM

excpet i happen to love guns n roses, even tho axel rose is a totally ass bag, he is a great singer tho.

cuttyfives Thu 8/23/2007 09:50PM

blind melon dvd is great...such as shame...

birdsongjb Thu 8/23/2007 10:08PM

birdsongjb

Love is a BitchSlap!
I can't wait for Axl and Eminem to team up!
Such Great Role Models!

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/24/2007 08:38AM

RothburyWithCheese

love me some Blind melon. there cover of John Sinclair is awesome!!!

EVILFUNK star Fri 8/24/2007 11:48AM

EVILFUNK

GOPHER EVERETT?

guitardave starstarstarstar Fri 8/24/2007 11:57AM

guitardave

GN'R was one of the great bands of the late 80s, early 90s but AXL had to wreck it. Too many cancelled gigs, the St. Louis Massacre, then he had to make a video where he just HAD TO swim with dolphins. Dolphins? Jeez. There's some street cred. Nice friggin name: AXL.LOL!

YEM Fri 8/24/2007 02:26PM

FUCK Axl!!!!!

Ivereadthebook Sun 8/26/2007 12:57PM

Ivereadthebook

I think its funny how axel goes out of the way to do something like this, but won't finish tours (or even shows sometimes) with his own band.

Smittea star Mon 8/27/2007 11:02AM

Smittea

I'm surprised he didn't cancel.

WILBUR!!! star Wed 8/29/2007 05:49PM

WILBUR!!!

this sounds like a bad, bad idea.

axel is the next jacko...

I LOVE RONNIE starstarstar Wed 12/5/2007 12:23PM

I LOVE RONNIE

Wow....Axle Rose singing with Bach, how awesome can this get!!

victorseay Wed 2/27/2008 08:00PM

victorseay

Axl Rose is basically insane okay? What about "Chinese Democracy" or whatever it was supposed to be called?