Las Tortugas II Halloween

Tea Leaf Green
Blue Turtle Seduction and TerraFin Entertainment, along with sponsor JamBase.com, are pleased to host the second Annual Halloween Celebration, "Las Tortugas Dance of the Dead II," nestled at the western border of Yosemite National Park at Evergreen Lodge in Groveland, CA.

The festivities begin Thursday, October 25, and run through Sunday, October 28. This year's lineup, with 12 bands from all over the country, also features the best of Northern California's excellent music scene, with San Francisco based headliner Tea Leaf Green exploding nationwide, Brushfire Record's recording artist ALO, global music road warriors New Monsoon, and from the mountain shores of Lake Tahoe and host band Blue Turtle Seduction. With all of these amazing musicians on-site, there will also be a performance from Josh Clark's Guitarmageddon on Friday, October 26.

Building on last year's success, 2007's version of Las Tortugas has expanded to include three stages, featuring the JamBase Stage in the Terrapin Big Top, Tuolumne Hall and The Tavern. There will be nightly themes, including a band costume contest, as well as the Friday Full Harvest Moon Soiree, and a fan costume contest on Saturday at the Halloween Masquerade Ball. The magical woods of Yosemite National Park will encourage plenty of musical collaboration throughout the weekend.

The Thursday night kickoff party on the 25 will feature two sets from ALO, who will also be performing on Friday, October 26. Host Blue Turtle Seduction will play each night of the event. Headliner Tea Leaf Green will throw it down on Friday and Saturday, and New Monsoon will unleash their global rock on Saturday and Sunday. A full lineup of bands, as well as ticket and lodging (onsite and offsite) information, can be found at evergreenhalloween.inticketing.com. On-site camping and nearby offsite lodging options still remain; free shuttle service will be provided between offsite lodging facilities and the venue. With such a strong lineup located in one of the most scenic places on Earth, Las Tortugas II will certainly be one of the best and most intimate festivals of 2007.

Comments

AZ~*Droo* starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/22/2007 09:07AM

AZ~*Droo*

Either this or Vegoose...what do you think?

thewormisgod Wed 8/22/2007 09:37AM

i think i'll save the $2308237 and go to tortugas.

derreck starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/22/2007 09:49AM

derreck

This w/o a doubt.

moephishH2O starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/22/2007 09:54AM

moephishH2O

We're heading to this too instead of Vegoose. Hard to beat Yosimite as a backdrop! Can't wait!

Tahoe Dan starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/22/2007 12:57PM

This festie last year killed it. Such a kynd venue with some of the best fans. This year is not to be missed with an even better lineup. The Evergreen Lodge becomes it's own town for the week with no cop presence! A village of cabins, tents, campfires, music halls and a tavern with some of the best smiling faced, costumed, jam band fans out there today. I've been to the first Vegoose and let me say, SAVE YOUR MONEY and come to Los Tortugas Dance Of The Dead. You'll be glad you did!!!!! See ya there!

Natey starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/22/2007 01:07PM

Natey

Yes, Yes thewormisgod.....I think I might even save MORE $!!! Vegoose that past two years has been fun, but this year's Los Tortugas I will not miss. I grew up in the area, and have been to the Evergreen for numerous events, and it has potential for many things to come!! Good people, good trees, good beer. All whom are thinking about going....think no longer.

Tahoe Dan Wed 8/22/2007 01:17PM

jalew starstarstarstar Wed 8/22/2007 01:25PM

jalew

Izabella will also be playing at las Tortugas! Not to be missed.

androckguitar starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/22/2007 06:21PM

androckguitar

New Monsoon, Tea Leaf and ALO!
This should be awesome.
I wish I could go...I would have to take a lot of days off of school.

RedHeaven starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/22/2007 11:43PM

RedHeaven

This will be my third year at Yosemite Evergreen Halloween. Started out in 05 with Hot Buttered Rum and Brett Dennon, giving the Turtles a guest spot. I am so thankful that it has become a yearly event for me not to miss. Blue Turtle is my favorite band and these will be my 90th shows! HELL YEAH! HEY HEY HO HO.....
Weve always done traditional trick or treating here, too. Its so condusive for it, it feels like a true rootsy summercamp for kids mixed with a semi rustic/semi elegant resort feel. The musict last year went on late into the night, and the Trespassers (playing again this year, super rad backwoods bluegrass with a HAWT female fiddler...great originals, really schwill and fun) played all night until sunrise by the campfire in the campgrounds. They should definitely be mentioned cuz they are a big part of this event.
AND.....this is where the infamous "LOUD CAMP!" originated last year, since me friends kids and my husband and I were determined to make sure it was rowdier than the year previous. We hardly had to try.
I cant wait to have cali's finest Teal Leaf, ALO, Monsoon to grace us this year!! Its going to be chock full of community, discovery, opening up, and lots of harvest "blessings"

LAS TORTUUUUGAAAS!!!!

kris69 Thu 8/23/2007 08:22AM

This sounds fun, I might check it out after the Joshua Tree Roots Music fest Oct 20-21.

EVILFUNK starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/24/2007 12:13PM

EVILFUNK

AINT IT GREAT TO SEE A BACTH OF SMALL JAMBANDS TEAMING UP LIKE THIS? REMINDS ME OF 1992 HORDE A BIT...THIS LOOKS LIKE A SICK FESTI ~ JAMBASE STAGE???? FUCK YEAH!!! SEE YOU THERE!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DREWEDMORE ~~ VEGOOSE IS GOING TO BE A JOCK-ROCK SAUSAGE PARTY/SWORDFIGHT CLUSTERFUCK! MORE DUDES THAN A PRIDE RALLY...BUT NOT HAPPY DUDES WHO ARE COOL LIKE AT A PRIDE RALLY >>> DRUNK GUYS WHO WANT TO FIGHT!

kestrel starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/24/2007 02:47PM

kestrel

This will be my 3rd Halloween in a row at the Evergreen, and it just keeps getting better and better. Not to missed- beautiful location, amazing kind people, incredible incredible music! This is one of those festivals where you recognize everyone there by the end of it- very intimate and safe and all-out fun! Plus it's great to have some of the daytime free- no FOMO, instead you can explore Yosemite, chill out, or go to one of the planned activities. Don't miss this one!

Liz starstarstarstar Sun 8/26/2007 10:31AM

Liz

This is going to bee the best Haloween ever!!!! I got my tickets and cabin in back in June, I was so stoked!!!

Bridget starstarstarstarstar Sun 9/9/2007 05:39PM

Bridget

this is a fantastic plan.

ive been supporting most of these bands for years,

and to have them all in one place... and to have US all in one place...

divine. time to have fun with family, people!

bring it.

acrazya starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/23/2007 02:10PM

The wait is almost over!! The anticipation is killing me...I'm so stoked about the entire line up - especially my new favorites, Holiday and the Adventure Pop Collective. Anyway...I agree... the lineup brings me there...but all the cool people is what makes it an experience. Bring it on.

UmphreysMcGuitar Fri 9/26/2008 02:14PM

Okay guys my B-day is on Halloween and I am trying to figure out what to do UM in San Fran or Blue Grass Fest. in Yosemite. I live in LA how far of a drive or Train ride? Could I take a train? No cops sounds gooood to me sooo will I be able to find some oregon Mushrooms or X around for dancing purposes only? Campning acoustics all i need some ciggs and whiskey haha sounds fun guys. Give me some suggestions guys....Anyone wanna carpool?