Echo Project: Daytime Schedules

The daytime performance schedule for The Echo Project is now available at: http://www.jambase.com/festivals/echoproject.

TWO-DAY AND SINGLE DAY TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE FOR
THE ECHO PROJECT 3-DAY ECO-RESPONSIBLE MUSIC FESTIVAL

Saturday/Sunday Tickets & Sunday Only Tickets
On Sale Tuesday, September 25 at 12 p.m. EST

The Killers
The Echo Project three-day eco-responsible music festival announced that it is selling Saturday/Sunday and Sunday only tickets beginning Tuesday, September 25 at 12 p.m. EST at www.the-echoproject.com and 1-800-594-TIXX. Saturday/Sunday tickets are $135 and Sunday only tickets are $85. Three-day passes are currently available for $155.50 and will soon go up to $178.50.

Patrons can also upgrade to a "Be Green Ticket" for $4.00. When a Green Ticket is purchased, Green Mountain Energy Company will provide, on behalf of the Green Ticket buyer, 500 kWh of renewable energy made from sources like wind and bio-energy. 500 kWh of renewable energy will offset the environmental impact of approximately 682 pounds of CO2, which is the equivalent of not driving a car 758 miles or the annual carbon sequestration of 40 trees.

For a link to the day-by-day artists schedule click HERE.

MMW, Spoon, DDBB, GZA and Slick Rick and Others
Added To Atlanta's Echo Project

MMW
Echo Project, Atlanta's fist annual, three-day eco-responsible music and arts festival set to take place this October 12-14 has announced another string of artists. In addition to the stellar lineup (see below), Medeski Martin & Wood, Spoon, GZA and Slick Rick with Fire Department, Rabbit in The Moon, Bassnectar, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Dubconscious, RAQ and Benzos have been added.

The Flaming Lips
The Echo Project, confirmed the second round of performers slated for the inaugural three-day eco-responsible music and arts festival in Atlanta, Georgia this October 12-14, 2007. The most recent additions to the 60+ performer lineup at the multi-stage camping festival include: The Flaming Lips, Thievery Corporation with their full live band, Les Claypool, The Bravery, Secret Machines, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, MSTRKRFT, JJ Grey & MOFRO, Son Volt, The Egg, The Album Leaf, MAN MAN, Tea Leaf Green, Benevento/Russo Duo, Lazaro Casanova, and Telepath. Full lineup available below.

Early bird tickets are on sale now and begin at $120 and are available online at www.the-echoproject.com and 1-800-594-TIXX. 15 cents of every ticket sold will be donated to Trees For The Future, an organization that has been the steward of planting trees throughout the world since the early 70s in an effort to remedy the effects of illegal logging and unsustainable land management systems on the world's developing communities.

The Echo Project adds The Killers, moe., Umphrey's McGee
Cat Power, The Disco Biscuits, Cypress Hill and more

moe.
As reported last week (see below), the first annual Echo Project, will take place in Fairburn, GA from October 12-14. In addition to Phil Lesh & Friends, the event will feature The Killers, The Roots, moe., Umphrey's McGee, Cat Power & the Dirty Blues Band, the Disco Biscuits, Cypress Hill, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Polyphonic Spree, ALO, the Avett Brothers, Stephen Marley, Brazilian Girls, Lyrics Born, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Perpetual Groove, Spam All-Stars and RJD2 among others.

The event is being billed as "the south's first green music and arts experience." Super Early Bird Tickets and travel packages are available now right here. Additional artists and further details will be added to the Echo Project in the coming weeks.

Phil Lesh to Headline Atlanta's Echo Project Festival

Phil Lesh
Rivertown Entertainment, LLC has announced plans for The Echo Project, a three day festival in Fairburn, GA, roughly 20 miles from Atlanta. While details are yet to be announced, the event will take place from October 12-14 and will feature over 60 bands on four stages. The only artist to be announced is Phil Lesh & Friends. The event is being billed as "the south's first green music and arts experience." The festival's initial artist lineup will be announced on July 30.

[Published on: 9/29/07]

Comments

UnbrokenChain7 starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/26/2007 12:58PM

UnbrokenChain7

They're off to a good start so far with Phil.

shooter1161 starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/26/2007 01:07PM

shooter1161

biscuits will also be at this festival FYI

PoopshipDestroyer Thu 7/26/2007 01:08PM

'bout time you announced something meatcamp...

lvcheese Thu 7/26/2007 01:19PM

lvcheese

This might be dope. Wait, it already is.

linsbee314 starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/26/2007 01:24PM

Schweet! I'm so glad lonely SC is getting something nearby! Roo was fun, but you know... I'm just happy CA or NY didn't gobble this one up too!

CSchneids929 starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/26/2007 01:26PM

hell yeah.. tally aint to far from fairburn... gonna be a rager!!

Matis starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/26/2007 01:41PM

Matis

Vegoose has plummetted in the realm of obscurity. I'm throwin down my halloween greeen to hit the DiRyEchoPrejoCT. LOVE YOU PHIL!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/26/2007 01:52PM

a green festival would be a good reason for me to "come out of my retirement from music festivals" ha ha :)

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/26/2007 02:59PM

RothburyWithCheese

Now this is going to be a festival!!! Down with Vegoose!!

singmh Thu 7/26/2007 03:24PM

was veegoose supposed to be a PUNK festival this year? the bands that they got this year dont float my boat at all...wonder what they were thinking?

silent_J Thu 7/26/2007 03:53PM

1320beats :: 7/23/2007 10:04 AM 0
"echo project is going to be a huge festie outside outside atlanta. bisco, phil, umph, white stripes, tom york or whatever the dude from radioheads name is. heard it here first folks"

DBang Thu 7/26/2007 04:20PM

it's funny how quick jambase shut down the Vegoose thread...methinks I smell Superfly/AC lurking somewhere in the background...

Hey Jambase, how about posting the Voodoo Fest lineup next to the Vegoose lineup...

kewl Thu 7/26/2007 04:42PM

Fuck Vegoose hell fucking yea even if i have to drive all the way from the top of dirty jerz

kewl Thu 7/26/2007 04:44PM

i bet particle wil be there

Hug Thu 7/26/2007 06:52PM

Hug

Lips...

dogfleas Thu 7/26/2007 07:12PM

dogfleas

im sensing a lot of potential out of this

i might just have to visit atlanta for the first time

nobodysjam starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/26/2007 07:46PM

nobodysjam

Fairburn looks like it held "Harvest Fest" back from like 97-2000, maybe even more recently, man a saw some sweet Bluegrass line-ups on posters back then, would any old Georgia "Harvest Fest" veterans care to comment on the location and vibe? This could be a mini Bonnaroo! Hopefully without a 24 hour wait to get in and spun out wookies slinging soapium. I just hope the GA heat stays awya, and I mean 5-0, October should be nice

durazno Thu 7/26/2007 08:04PM

durazno

awesome! can't wait to see who else will be in it.

EarthMuffins starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/26/2007 09:13PM

EarthMuffins

BOYCOTT VEGOOSE, This will be something else
Jazz Mandolin Project RETURN
I can feel it
Its not PHISH but its FISH

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Fri 7/27/2007 03:42AM

if we bashed this festival would they pull this message board too? not that we would, but if we did?
probably not, since superflys dirty southern fingers are not in on this one. HA HA!!

JoeyTheFoot starstarstarstarstar Fri 7/27/2007 06:00AM

JoeyTheFoot

Man I sure do miss those Harvest Fest days, that was the first time I ever saw YMSB. Great stuff. I'm going to keep an eye out on this echo project since its so close to G'ville

TimCorcoran Fri 7/27/2007 07:15AM

TimCorcoran

WE LOVE YOU PHIL!!!

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Fri 7/27/2007 03:50PM

RothburyWithCheese

TastesGreat LeshFilling!!!!

sharonamae65 Fri 7/27/2007 06:44PM

Hey Nobodyjam,
The old Harvest Fest stomping grounds is a great place for a festival, with inspiring and energetic, yet peaceful vibes. The lineups are always great. Not sure who Riverside is, but if they have Phil, imagine who else they might announce. I went to all of the Harvest Fests and enjoyed each one, even the ones that rained out. Go for it, especially with Phil and friends headlining.

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Fri 7/27/2007 08:20PM

RothburyWithCheese

This might rival AllGood and Gathering of the Vibes as best festival of the year! Except for Vegoose of course--hahahahaha---- sad, so, sad

wenzit420 starstarstarstar Fri 7/27/2007 08:31PM

wenzit420

Hurry up and announce some bands dudes!!!! HAhaha this looks to be one hell of a time. If bisco and maybe one other of my favs gets added, I am there.

kewl Sun 7/29/2007 07:30AM

some frog brigade would be dank maybe oysterhead if treys po lets him play :]

PICKIN_BOOGERS Sun 7/29/2007 11:33AM
Kenny Dolan starstarstarstarstar Sun 7/29/2007 06:52PM

Kenny Dolan

Camp Bisco best festival of the year, however anything with Phil is pretty sick.

Emo starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/30/2007 07:16AM

I can garentee this festival is far from corporate. I know most of the organizers, and they are all family. No way is it some corporate heads sitting around thinking of ways to get money out of hippies. they are bringing the family vibe. Support this show, and we might have a real bonnaroo. Remember 02?

FormulaOBX Mon 7/30/2007 02:05PM

Camp Creek kicked ass...

derreck Mon 7/30/2007 02:08PM

derreck

Vegoose is dead!

gmoo Mon 7/30/2007 04:35PM

gmoo

I wish I could make it. Hope everyone has a badass time.

nobodysjam starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/30/2007 05:06PM

nobodysjam

If this touches Bonnaroo 02, look out! The production co. is clearly tight with Bisco and the Umph, so at least those 2 with Phil look 100% legit, this realy could be a new chapter in the fest world. For those in the dirty south, having Langarado to start and Echo to finish, well that bookends the year real sweetly. Thanks for the tip sharonmae, god help us if the GA 5-0t is like KS Wakarusa, we festivarians can't abide that big a buzz kill.

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/30/2007 08:16PM
Emo starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/30/2007 08:50PM

I was excited for this to come out since it was my friends deal, but the line-up is diverse and will really bring kids out from all over the board. The Line-up is The Killers, Phil, moe., cypress hill, The Roots, Spearhead, Umphreys, Bisco, Steven Marley, Cat Power, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, The Polyphonic Spree, Brazillian Girls, P-groove, The Avett Brothers, Toubab Krewe, Lyrics Born, Spam All Stars, ALO, The Afromotive, Greenskeeper, Rjd2. Thats what is announced on their site, Tea Leaf Green had a bulliton that said they were added around 8 tonight, The best line-up all season. I smell a Jammy.

Lenox Mon 7/30/2007 10:32PM

Lenox

OMG, this festival is basically the best gift of the year. Just when i think my festival season has ended, they pop this B-E-A-UTIFUL lineup on me, that will happen to be no more than 20 minutes away from my house. Dear lord i feel like ive won the festival lottery.

soulink starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/30/2007 10:43PM
Kenny Dolan starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 06:55AM

Kenny Dolan

Sick Line-Up

paullb77 starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 08:01AM

xlenoxx----i feel the exact same as you. I feel like all of the money i've ever put into the Ga lottery has finally paid me back with this nugget. Clean vibes.....I have something to be excited about

mrkrinkle6884 starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 08:39AM

mrkrinkle6884

early bird special 120 dollar tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makisupa_McGee Tue 7/31/2007 09:41AM

Makisupa_McGee

it makes plenty of sense to have a fest in ATL since it does have the largest airport in the world

not only that, but jambands and concert-going in general are actually alot more popular on the east coast (contrary to what many people think because of the dead starting in SF and all) not only that but people rage A LOT harder on the east coast in terms of hard partying.

i wont be surprised if jambase pulls this thread, too, because of vegoose bashing...usually we're bickering back and forth, but this years vegoose has given us something to pull together and hate collectively - thanks superfly

echo will be sick

BRabbit Tue 7/31/2007 09:46AM

BRabbit

WEEN. i am happy eaither way but WEEN would be nice or some fucking primus. o this is awesome fuck you superfly

mrkrinkle6884 Tue 7/31/2007 09:48AM

mrkrinkle6884

yes its a camping fest, this will be my first FALL festie. Cant wait for the cool brisk wind to keep me cool, instead of having to bask in all the Sun's glory at the 'Roo.

Kenny Dolan Tue 7/31/2007 10:35AM

Kenny Dolan

Amen McGee we do rage a hell of a lot harder on the east coast. Let the kids party how they want, and we all came to get down.

EVILFUNK starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 10:51AM

EVILFUNK

THIS ONE LOOKS PRETTY GOOD....PHIL IS BACK!

OH SHIT, JAMBASE....SOMEONE DISSED VEGOOSE ON THIS BOARD AND EVERYONE IS GIVING THEM A THUMBS UP ~ WHY DONT YOU TAKE IT DOWN LIKE YOU DID THE VEGOOSE BOARD?

pokycheese starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 10:53AM

pokycheese

HOly Crap this looks awesome!! I'm now considering flying out from Idaho since Goose 3 has gone weak. This will be hottest festy of the FALL. Camping for sure? Just want to cover all my bases since I've never been to ATL

Deadphishbiscuits Tue 7/31/2007 11:36AM

Deadphishbiscuits

this festival looks sick and can only get sicker i would think...and who in their right mind would go to vegas when the ATL is really where the party is gonna be in October

durazno Tue 7/31/2007 12:04PM

durazno

awesome line-up. but damn! $120 for early-bird !?

kirkbrew starstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 12:35PM

kirkbrew

Cool lineup save for The Killers. They are really, really not good. But I guess that an 80's rip off pop band adds to the diversity of the line up and that isn’t all bad.

I am always skeptical of the “environmental” shows. I got flamed earlier this year when I called into question how “green” SXSW became. To me, their efforts were half hearted and essentially a way to advertise to a core demographic. Don’t ever get me started on Cheryl Crow (lousy musician, media whore, phony). Hopefully the Echo folks will be able to do more than donate a few trees, advertise bio-diesel and buy carbon credits.

Re Vegoose - SHAME on JamBase for censorship!!! I think that someone should add comments to EVERY thread about how bad the Vegoose lineup sucks then everyone else give them thumbs up. It isn't that I don't like the Vegoose lineup, but they are the ones who created their brand and now they take that brand in a totally different direction. Sort of like Al Gore becoming a spokesman for Exxon – ‘cept different.

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 12:52PM

RothburyWithCheese

kirkbrew: you have talked smack to me in the past but I agree with you on the Vegoose censoring. I've emailed the higher ups on why they took it off and have yet to get a response. I will from now on finish every post with a FUCK YOU VEGOOSE until the scam of a festival is over. FUCK YOU VEGOOSE.

jambandfan starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 01:03PM

Wow, I just realized that they initially said that there would be 60 artists announced.. that leaves room for MANY, many more (which is f'n great if you ask me)! This thing has the makings of something very special. I bought 2 early birds today; I absolutely can not wait to get down with with everybody in October. :)

Ula Tue 7/31/2007 01:45PM

Ula

Looks like an opportunity to send a large echoing FU to the $uperfly & Vegoose. I wish this much success and interest from "our" community.

Makisupa_McGee Tue 7/31/2007 02:17PM

Makisupa_McGee

i bet the promoters of this event are reading all this and just LOVING it

I_Drink_It_Up starstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 02:30PM

I_Drink_It_Up

minus the Killers it looks great. I'll be there

kirkbrew Tue 7/31/2007 02:58PM

kirkbrew

LesterBangs'Ghost - Don't recall talking smack to you in the past. Jive talkin' - possibly.

In the interest of my "shame" on JamBase (like anyone cares), I received the following. I retract my previous remark.

No matter what you think of Vegoose or the line-up etc...I think we could ALL take note of the 2nd to last paragraph.

FROM JAMBASE - I thought I would explain why the Vegoose (and from time to time other) comments were turned off. We created the comments section to foster intelligent, somewhat meaningful discussions about music. The Vegoose thread turned into a pissing contest full of derogatory remarks, flaming hate mail, and completely insane assumptions that reflect very poorly on JamBase and our users.

It’s fine if people don’t like the lineup, but when they start using extreme profanity, throwing around insults and generally making the comment field a mean joke, we certainly reserve the right to do whatever we want with the site we have created.

The comments section is supposed to be a place where music fans can come together and build their community, not a place where the loudest voice with the most time can sound off.

So, that’s the deal, I hope you see where we are coming from.

stairway to freebird starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 03:06PM

stairway to freebird

I'm so stoked to volunteer for this fest! The energies are sure to be right on, a great answer to the trend a couple of corporate-driven fests have taken. I saw on their website that they'll be using renewable energy sources (ie. solar, wind), so we shouldn't be seeing a lot of REC's in the place of not putting out the carbon they preach about. Hot line-up so far to boot, high expectations for the additions they'll be making. I'm there!

RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Tue 7/31/2007 03:46PM

RothburyWithCheese

1984!!! FUCK YOU VEGOOSE

O1Roggae Tue 7/31/2007 04:49PM

O1Roggae

sick lineup, sounds like it could be something great

River Tue 7/31/2007 06:23PM
GratefulFAN Tue 7/31/2007 08:26PM

GratefulFAN

Man, I'm so glad there is a badass festival in Atlanta. The setlist is great so far. Can't wait for Phil and Friends. YEah!!!

tommythecat77777 starstarstarstar Wed 8/1/2007 03:44AM

tommythecat77777

What a Responce to Vegoose...I love it! My contract is up in october.. now i know where im going!!! now if they could only get the lips or claypool to join the line up.

See you all there!!

wendalyn starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/1/2007 09:58AM

wendalyn

Does anyone have any contact information for these folks? Looking to speak to an organizer...

spaceface7 starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/1/2007 11:01AM

HOLY F BOMB

scizzy21 Wed 8/1/2007 01:49PM

I went to high school with the bouckaerts who are producing this festival and it is definately a legit, homegrown event and not some corporate scheme... and let me be the first to say hell yeah to the Avett Brothers being on the bill... and cant wait to hear who the other 36 or so bands are (rumors include Bob Dylan and Thom York)

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/2/2007 05:32AM

please add, the motet, raq and garaj mahal and vinyl. please.

greentealeafer starstarstarstar Thu 8/2/2007 06:40AM

greentealeafer

hoooray for homegrown events!

Dane! starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/2/2007 07:48AM

Dane!

This line up is killer!!!!! I can't wait to see who else they get!!!

samtarmstrong Thu 8/2/2007 08:50PM

samtarmstrong

I've already got my ticket. I'd really like to see STS9 added. glad atlanta finally got a festival (it's about time).

PhilnWeird starstarstarstarstar Fri 8/3/2007 05:37AM

PhilnWeird

Just a few more bands and this could be the best festival of the year. Ween, Les, Lips, Galactic, that would be my additions.

gOdWesSaTaN Fri 8/3/2007 11:53AM

gOdWesSaTaN

les claypool,thievery corporation, and tea leaf green are rumored to be confirmed for the next additions. lips were on the lineup but either backed out or there on the next addition aswell.

katf21 starstarstarstarstar Sat 8/4/2007 09:21AM

katf21

Rock On!!! Forget Vegoose, I'm going to Atlanta. I love that city. I'm from Chicago but my sister has lived in Atlanta for years, the city has such a good friendly vibe to it, it's perfect for a hippie fest!
I can't wait, especially to expose my 13 year old neice to what REAL music is and not all that freakin Fall Out Boy bs.

lipsey655 starstarstarstar Sun 8/5/2007 12:44PM

hope this fest has much success keep them coming back to atl, give me some WEEN!!!

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/6/2007 09:29AM

also add galactic and the new mastersounds please.

crapshooter Mon 8/6/2007 03:28PM

crapshooter

PGROOVE!! now we dont have to miss umphreys in order to wait in a line to see pgroove like at d.u.m.b. in atlanta. what a sick lineup, during the best season, on the hooch! can it get any better?

Instantly Tue 8/7/2007 07:20PM

Instantly

i would def be down for some more electronic type bands.

greenmanlove Wed 8/8/2007 08:59PM

thievery corporation in the house

Matis starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/9/2007 08:16AM

Matis

Looks like PHIL plays Sunday only. I'm loving the mix though, i see Jammy bands, Reggae, Chronic-Rap, Hip-Hop, worldbeatz, pop, funk - and of course God & Jerry's favorite band, Phil & friends. Anyone got the scoop on camping? Is this a tenty style throw down?

Matis starstarstarstarstar Thu 8/9/2007 08:16AM
FinDPloyK starstarstarstarstar Sat 8/11/2007 01:25PM

event is definatley camping... alongside the chattahoocie if im not mistaken.... fuck yeah this is the shit... nothing this big was suppose to go down in the south this fall.... and out of nowhere they throw this on us... ahh we're lucky again!..... fuckin benevento/russo and the bridge need to get their asses down to atl for this

samtarmstrong Mon 8/13/2007 12:47PM

samtarmstrong

da-da-da-dayum!

braves1218 starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/13/2007 12:49PM

Unbelievable. This is literally one of the best line-ups I've seen at a festival in a real long time. Can't wait for round 3 additions!

Trojan88 Mon 8/13/2007 12:59PM

this deff the best lineup of the year and it sucks im in la n have nmo way of makin the trip

willm1 Mon 8/13/2007 01:18PM

willm1

damn

PhilnWeird starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/13/2007 01:18PM

PhilnWeird

The good news keeps on coming, got my Lips and Les. All I need now is some Ween and Galactic.

PhilnWeird starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/13/2007 01:22PM

PhilnWeird

I ordered my ticket minutes before they made the second announcment of bands. What a great time this will be.

gmoo Mon 8/13/2007 01:33PM

gmoo

Holy shiite this looks hot. I'm bout to drop out of school for this one...jk but its tempting :)

FormulaOBX Mon 8/13/2007 01:33PM

Seriously is anyone going to Vegoose?

totalot Mon 8/13/2007 02:01PM

Good call Carrie222. Hit me up with BoomBox and some more GOOD electronic and I am in.

jasonthehead starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/13/2007 02:03PM

jasonthehead

Trojan88...so many of us are in the same boat as you are. No way we can make it all the way to Atlanta for this awesome lineup and festy, which fucking sucks. We were all ready and waiting for a kick ass Vegoose lineup to be announced...and it was, but they're calling it The Echo Project and it's happening in Atlanta not in Vegas.

Unfortunately Vegoose (and their ULTRAGREEDY PROMOTERS AND ORGANIZERS AT $UCKERFLY AND A.C. - stands for Always Cash-hungry - ENTERTAINMENT) has completely fucked the fans that supported it in the first two years, all for profit.

TIME FOR US TO STAND UP AND BOYCOTT BONNAROO IN 2008!

Thankfully, there are thousands of lucky people who can get to Atlanta for this sweet looking festival, and maybe in the future they will bring something like this westward....Horning's Hideout would be the place!

Alas, a lot of us west coasters are totally, doubley screwed by the shitty Vegoose lineup and the incredible Echo Project festival that for many is an impossibility right now.

ISN'T IT TIME FOR JAMBASE TO WRITE AN OP-ED ON THIS SITTUATION?

DOES JAMBASE EVEN WRITE THOSE TYPE OF ARTICLES ANYMORE?

zzonephan Mon 8/13/2007 02:26PM

zzonephan

FUCK YA TEA LEAF, im buying my ticket

gOdWesSaTaN Mon 8/13/2007 02:43PM

gOdWesSaTaN

ween wont be there no festivals for them til next year but les and lips make up for for weens absense. needs some black moth super rainbow.

RothburyWithCheese star Mon 8/13/2007 02:56PM
RothburyWithCheese starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/13/2007 03:00PM

RothburyWithCheese

JasonTheHead--couldnt have said it myself. I dont think JamBase has the cojones to write an op-ed piece especially when it comes to their beloved Vegoose fest. I guess that's what the comments are for.

tay1222 starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/13/2007 03:49PM

telepath is so dope!!!

stukinkendall starstarstarstar Mon 8/13/2007 04:40PM

AND THE JAMMY FOR FESTIVAL OF THE YEAR GOES TO.....

waa8 Mon 8/13/2007 05:27PM

waa8

thats one hell of a round two

21mmer starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/13/2007 07:50PM

21mmer

looks like the best lineup of the year to me....word to the echo project.

Waterinthesky Tue 8/14/2007 06:39AM

Truly incredible lineup thus far....Can't wait to see Phil, and A.L.O. for the first time.....Soundtribe or the Pnuma Trio would really throw some gas on that fire!

BRabbit Tue 8/14/2007 07:13AM

BRabbit

wow oooooo my goooooddddddd this is the best thing ever i wonder if michael vick will be there?

lvcheese Tue 8/14/2007 10:18AM

lvcheese

Wow, this lineup is amazing. That is exactly what we need. A fetival near winter that isn't ran by superfly. It appears that it pays off too. This looks very promising and if I hadn't gone to four festivals this summer, I probably would be able to make it to this one. Who ever is near the south should not pass this up, especialy since it's the first time this festival has taken place.

peace and much love

PoopshipDestroyer Tue 8/14/2007 10:28AM

Jesus jasonthehead....that's the dumbest comment I have yet to see on Jambase. Congrads. I'm laughing my ass off here.

If you don't like Superfly Productions, don't go to their festivals broseph.

GURUFISH Tue 8/14/2007 11:03AM

WHO CAN TELL ME WHO THE BOOKING AGENT IS FOR THE ECHO SHOW?

lvcheese Tue 8/14/2007 11:32AM

lvcheese

Hey PoopSHip......Superfly licks my right one, ok. Get over it.

tgboy24 Tue 8/14/2007 11:40AM

Wow amazing lineup, i got myself and package deal wit a buddy of mine, its sick, langerado and allgood were sick, but this could be the one!

CSchneids929 starstarstarstarstar Tue 8/14/2007 02:38PM

give me some wilco, sts9, thievery full band is gonna be nasty

FinDPloyK starstarstarstarstar Tue 8/14/2007 03:41PM

hell yeah.... the duo showed up... snd tier kicks ass... where's keller anybody?

wenzit420 starstarstarstarstar Tue 8/14/2007 10:42PM

wenzit420

I dunno I kind of agree with what he is saying. Maybe dont be so mad though.Be happy we get the hookup like we did. I wont ever boycott bankaroo.

grtrthnone Wed 8/15/2007 06:41AM

grtrthnone

Its gotta be said again, BEST F'ING LINEUP THIS YEAR... bought my tix last night!

doblejota83 starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/15/2007 10:58AM

Flaming Lips, MAN MAN, RjD2 and the Brazilian Girls......... I might have to miss a Sunday of football this year

FinDPloyK starstarstarstarstar Wed 8/15/2007 03:55PM

holy fuck only 34 bands have been announced.... their advertising 60 at least...... im goin

the_midnight_rider Thu 8/16/2007 08:27AM

the_midnight_rider

this is amazing... was sad cause i couldnt make it to Waka or Bonnaroo...then this blessing; best festival of the year (and likely to get better with the coming release rounds)... all in my own backyard.

Welcome to GA everybody.
I heard a rumor about the white stripes... that would be fun as well.
Anyone know how many people are expected to show up?

the_midnight_rider Thu 8/16/2007 08:39AM

the_midnight_rider

oh, and if you've never seen them -
make sure you check out Perpetual Groove

See you there----

durazno Thu 8/16/2007 10:18AM
pokycheese Thu 8/16/2007 10:51AM

pokycheese

^^^ so what would you consider Phil, moe., UM, Tea Leaf, Les Claypool? Last time I checked all these bands tear faces off playing 'real' instruments. Oh yeah and I need to throw in a 'Vegoose went weak' just for the record.

crescentvale star Wed 8/22/2007 01:42PM

crescentvale

This festival is going to be worth going to 4 sure, but the web page said the music would get done around midnight. Under the FAQ. Hope that changes, I don't waste time and money to stop dancing at 12. Change that and add MMW, bela, soulive, and.. trey for a midday set.

FinDPloyK Fri 8/24/2007 05:54PM

mmw is gonna be there look for a random ad on jambase... tthey sliped it in on the bottom

Disco starstarstarstarstar Mon 8/27/2007 02:33PM

Boycott Bonnaroo

The Echo Project is where it's at!

eware Tue 9/4/2007 01:07PM

Brandon B

Treasure Fingers

Truform

Chris Grass

Eric ZBD

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Mon 9/10/2007 09:34AM

yay!! they added RAQ!! too bad I have to work this weekend..

Ya'll have fun!! peace!

bigfro Mon 9/10/2007 09:43AM

bigfro

Great comments guys. All has been said. Support these good people at Echo and BAN VEGOOSE AND SUPERFLY. After all the insurance is too high for Superfly if they invite the bands we like and brings out all of us dangerous drug addicts. LOL

Great lineup. Even the stuff I'm not into I'm happy about because I know my ticket will be valuable even if I don't like Slick Rick. Then again "Once upon a time not long ago when people wore pajamas and lived life slow"

PhilnWeird starstarstarstarstar Mon 9/10/2007 01:00PM

PhilnWeird

The people that do Echo Fest are the same people that do Camp Bisco.

carphishhead starstarstarstarstar Mon 9/10/2007 02:04PM

carphishhead

Camp Bisco was fucking amazing and Im pretty sure Echo will be too. This lineup really kicks ass on every festival ive seen in the past few years. Cant wait to see Telepath, Braz Girls, BISCO, Umph, MMW, Duo again...holy SHIT

deftone984 Mon 9/10/2007 02:15PM

deftone984

anyone going to echo must check out god is an astronaut. one of the coolest bands ive heard in a while. they sound kind of like mogwai meets sound tribe. be well

bigweenr2007 starstarstarstar Mon 9/10/2007 02:42PM
glesueur starstarstarstarstar Mon 9/10/2007 06:34PM

glesueur

the only thing vegoose has got on echo is rage. the echo lineup has been full of diversity and surprises.

It would be really dirty if they don't add STS9 since P Groove and Disco Biscuits are already playing! STS9 does not have any shows scheduled for that weekend....show ATL some love!!!

totalot starstarstarstarstar Mon 9/10/2007 11:00PM

BoomBox and Theivory Corp.....sold!

mackadocious Tue 9/11/2007 06:41AM

mackadocious

Definately some good acts to see. But just another corporate cash fest. $155 a ticket? C'mon. The people behind this thing want your $$ way more than they want to save the planet. Just have a great time and pick up all your trash (I know for fact that many of you won't, fucking hypocrites).

FinDPloyK Tue 9/11/2007 06:47PM

nice hostility mackadocious.... im sure you've never done anything hypocritical in your life... shit dude we're just people

randyfloyd Thu 9/13/2007 05:45AM

looks sick! however, is this festival really 'eco-responsible' if folks drive and fly from all over the country to get there??

...or maybe I'm just jealous b/c I can't go

Heyguy1987 Thu 9/13/2007 02:29PM

when are the Avett Bros going on on sat? Anyone know

charlotte240 starstarstarstarstar Thu 9/13/2007 04:12PM

charlotte240

can some one help me out here? Why is Jambase advertising "Hanson" concerts and "50 cent" concerts on JAMBASE ?

look up 9-13-2007 show listings for NYC

is there something I am missing here?

thanks my friends, wish i could make it to the ATL for this one.

-240

roberto767 Mon 9/24/2007 12:18PM

roberto767

If you like the White Stripes (or even if you don't) check this out ;)

durazno Tue 9/25/2007 05:29AM

durazno

How are we supposed to by day tickets when they don't show the SCHEDULE! does anybody know anything about it??

O1Roggae Tue 9/25/2007 08:05PM

O1Roggae

they never release the schedule too early because there are always time conflicts,which people complain about. if they did this they would lose money due to that. Either way i got my ticket

data Tue 9/25/2007 09:30PM

get the old site back!!!

Meatcampjon starstarstarstarstar Wed 9/26/2007 07:55AM

The Day by Day schedule is up on www.the-echoproject.com

the hour by hour schedule should be up by the end of the week.

durazno Thu 9/27/2007 06:09AM

durazno

what the hell happened to RODRIGO Y GABRIELA!???

jambandfan Thu 9/27/2007 12:58PM

^the girl in the group got tired, so they cancelled the rest of the tour. i think meatcamp said something about a replacement, but i haven't heard who yet.

PhilnWeird starstarstar Fri 9/28/2007 06:39AM

PhilnWeird

I predict that there will be some overlaping on friday that I am not going to be happy about, Les, Lips, Biscuits, Polyphonic, Secret Machines, MMW, The Duo, something has to give. Can't be everywhere at once.

flygolf Sat 9/29/2007 08:08AM

flygolf

Did everyone purchase your $4 "be green tickets" ?

Please support the efforts to reduce and offset carbon emissions of the inaugural echo-project. Really looking forward to my new October home!

silent_J Sat 9/29/2007 08:17AM

Meatcamp must be really tight with the Disco Biscuits, I mean c'mon - three different sets. I don't mind the biscuits but I just didn't know they were such a big part of this fest - they're so far down on the list and they've got more playing time then all the headliners besides Phil. At least they could've played one set during the Killers.

gOdWesSaTaN Sat 9/29/2007 09:16AM

gOdWesSaTaN

schedule is not bad at all something else during the killers would have been nice guess ill check out the djs

i want to know who the special guest is saturday from 8:45-9:45

FinDPloyK Sat 9/29/2007 10:02AM

yeah no shit.... somebody tell me somethign bout this "special guest"? keller? bob weir?...... im curious.......... pgroove and rabit in the moon during the special guest set.... that kinda sucks

HOPEFULPHAN starstarstarstarstar Mon 10/1/2007 09:14AM

this line-up is great. wish i could go. those who are live it up and be safe. have fun.

softbullet1 Mon 10/1/2007 10:37AM

The "special guest" only plays for an hour too, maybe its toots old ass

flygolf Mon 10/1/2007 10:44AM

flygolf

I've read it's the promotion group that manages camp bisco....that is why tDB have three sets at echo. I really wish Bassnectar had more than one hour to send fans into a frenzy....instead of more bisco.

Rodrigo Y Gabriela cancelled, thus the open time slot(special guest).

slugme Mon 10/1/2007 07:39PM

Sorry, but the special guest is Common. Not great for me, but I'm sure somebody will like it.

softbullet1 Thu 10/4/2007 08:37AM

softbullet1 Thu 10/4/2007 08:39AM

Is the Polyphonic Spree worth checkin out? I love the Duo, but ive never had the chance to see the spree...The plan is check out the duo, then catch the end of the spree, grab a beer, then MMW it up

Benjamin Human starstarstarstarstar Thu 10/4/2007 02:06PM

Benjamin Human

THIS FESTIVAL WILL ROCK BALLS.

IF YOU DONT HAVE BALLS PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR OVARIES VIBRATE AT AN ABNORMAL FREQUENCY.

THAT IS ALL.

curtbraski star Fri 10/5/2007 01:23PM
GreetTheMind Fri 10/5/2007 09:44PM

GreetTheMind

curtbraski.....dont yell. no one is asking you to go, so dont stress. i, on the other hand, am psyched. see you all in atl:)

curtbraski star Fri 10/5/2007 10:00PM
Hootdaddy Sun 10/7/2007 08:41AM

Anybody doing the VIP thing for this? It's a LOT cheaper than the 'roo VIP (about half), with better bennies, like a real "free" lunch each day. I'm considering coming off the hip with the 2-fitty; that is, if I go at all.

I've Google-earthed the site and it looks pretty danged sweet.

Hootdaddy Sun 10/7/2007 08:42AM

I've Google-earthed the site and it looks pretty danged sweet.

GreetTheMind Mon 10/8/2007 07:20AM

GreetTheMind

curtbraski...i know its not possible to yell on here. but you know what i meant, so i got my point across nonetheless.

disco biscuits are not my favorite band, far from it, but i guess i just don't like seeing people knock bands for no reason really.

i really dont think my mind is tainted though, but maybe youre right, maybe i will grow up and my music preferences will change. as for now, im pretty content in them.

you should listen to your own "chill bra" advice.

STRUT starstarstarstarstar Wed 10/10/2007 08:28AM

STRUT

here we go...ITS ON!! see you all at ECHO - come check STRUT @ Noon on the 3rd stage - Saturday - come have breakfast with us...MUCH LOVE!

moejoerisin Wed 10/10/2007 12:26PM

moejoerisin

to whomever is going: have a blast, this will be the festival of the year.

orgwell Thu 10/11/2007 08:51PM

orgwell

flygolf, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm not a Bisco fan myself either, and I find it -almost- insulting to other fans & bands who might've had a decent opportunity to either discover a new band or play their tunes for an eager crowd, respectively. No disrespect, please.. Not like there's not gonna be a crapload of music there anyway. ..And shoot, couldn't I just use that time to check out something else? Yep, most definitely. That's the beauty of multiple stages. [p.s. Don't forget about the ECHO workshop tent, there's gonna be some great stuff there, too. Let's all take an opportunity to remember what the -real idea- of this particular festival is all about.]

southpaw76 Fri 10/12/2007 10:23PM

curtbraskis an idiot!!!!

mortatort Mon 10/15/2007 10:02PM

Just got home from Echo. Lot of super-nice people and great music. Thanks to ALL for keeping the grounds clean. I don't think I've ever seen so little garbage on the ground after 4 days of camping. Also, thanks to ALL for being so patient of your neighbors, even in such close proximity. But, to the guy blowing up bathrooms, if I see you at another festival you will get YOUR merry prank.....hehehe

Shakes Mellow starstarstarstarstar Tue 10/16/2007 04:31PM

Shakes Mellow

Ok, so I missed a lot of bands I wanted to see, but this being my 7th festival in some odd 3 years, it was definitely the most enjoyable of all. Not too big, not too small. I stand tall & solid with no complaints. Almost every friend of mine ended up there and I left with at least a hundred more. The Phil Lesh show was my third and it was the absolutely BEST SHOW IN MY ENTIRE LIFE played by anybody and I've seen hundreds of artists... The dude from Particle on the keys was a phat ass surprise. That was my favorite Shakedown Street, and I was hella pumped when they busted it out as the first song for the second set, because I totally felt it before actually calling it out. This festival has made me the happiest man alive. I hear there is a 10 year plan - which is fuckin' awesome and in all honesty, I just can't wait till next year.

And uh, why people are hating on the disco biscuits makes no sense to me.

Performance Impressions Concert Photography starstarstarstar Sat 10/20/2007 08:06PM

Performance Impressions Concert Photography

had a blast, The Flaming Lips, Bassnectar, Thievery Corporation, Phil Lesh & Friends, got the ultimate footage of Echo Project photos up at Performance Impressions: