SUNNY ON LEAVE FROM WSP

From www.widespreadpanic.com:

July 19, 07 -- Update from the road

WSP
Sunny's (percussion) father passed away Thursday July 19. Sunny will be taking a few days off tour to be with his family. We anticipate his return to the stage in Charlotte.

He would like to thank you all for your kind thoughts of support and for respecting his and his family's privacy at this difficult time.

[Published on: 7/19/07]

Comments

Summer Thu 7/19/2007 10:38AM

Summer

My thoughts go out to him and his family. It would be crazy to see the boys up there without Sunny, but he definatley needs to be with his family now.

iamkickinit Thu 7/19/2007 10:40AM

iamkickinit

only like a week off? kudos to his dedication to touring. personally, i would need more than that!

WillieWampus Thu 7/19/2007 11:02AM

WillieWampus

Good vibes to the bird man.

threef Thu 7/19/2007 11:20AM

I am sorry to hear that Sunny, my condolences goes out to you and your Family
Widespread Panic was my escape while watch my father die from Cancer in 98-99. Lots of people I meet at Panic had been through the same tough spot, lossing a parent. Let the people you love know that you do love them because you never know when they will be gone. I want to tell you that I love you guys in Widespread Panic, the crew and all of my friends and family out there

aju108 Thu 7/19/2007 11:38AM

if i remember anything about my panic shows it was that sunny was always up on stage with a smile that went from ear to ear, he always seemed to be truly enjoying himself. hope he can come to believe that his father is in a better place now and come back to share his smile and talent with us soon.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/19/2007 11:59AM

sunnys percussion was the KEY to getting me interested in WSP, I used his beat, to learn how to panic like a fan should. best wishes sunny :)

Dnumde Thu 7/19/2007 12:03PM

Dnumde

I still have chills from the last night's second set. THANK YOU SUNNY, and the rest of the guys for an amazing night. Sunny, I know you already know this, but we are all here for you and your family. Your Fans love and support you. Best wishes sunny, you and your father will be in my prayers that is for sure!

BlewW044 Thu 7/19/2007 12:23PM
Luthur Thu 7/19/2007 12:25PM

Blew - Quality tact. You are a real man. Kudos.

Best wishes to the family.

Jambase - There are at least 2 spelling errors in the article. At least get his name correct.

garriswh Thu 7/19/2007 12:27PM

lvcheese Thu 7/19/2007 12:57PM

lvcheese

Yeah spell his fucking name correct. Get well Sunny and I'll see ya in the fall. Todd nance is a good drummer too. If he was bad, WSP would not be one of the most dynamic and contructive Jam bands out there.

Peace and much love

jvhalley Thu 7/19/2007 12:59PM

If you guys could pay attention for a second, you'd notice that this blurb came directly from Widespread.com Its a cut and paste. So blame the bad grammar on the south's bad schools or too many years on tour for the Spread, it ain't Jambase's fault. That said, much respect to Sunny and his pops.

golfer648 Thu 7/19/2007 01:36PM

blewW044 u suck...at a time like this you gotta be rippin' somebody...grow up and wait for an article that has something to do with what u are talking about loser!

sunnbear Thu 7/19/2007 01:44PM

sunnbear

Sunny, So sorry for your loss. It's been 25 years and I still miss my dad every day. But I also have so many great memories that put a hugh smile on my face and make the sadness easier to bear. Family and friends...it's all we got!

dannymo Thu 7/19/2007 01:49PM

blewW044 you are a pimple on the ass of humanity.. you asshole. Be well Sunny and peace be with you and your family

RoadNotTaken Thu 7/19/2007 02:05PM

Sunny - "A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through." Our love and thoughts are with you during this incredibly difficult experience. Take time to heal, brother, as much as you need...and please know that our dancin' shoes patiently yet eagerly await your return.

Jambase - I always appreciate your knack for timeliness, but please take a moment to read for such ridiculously glaring errors. They are a disservice to both the musicians and your credibility.

Nibble starstarstarstarstar Thu 7/19/2007 02:06PM

Blew is a great example as to why we need the thumbs up/thumbs down deal. Although my morbid curiosity always forces me to look at the "hidden" ones more often. If you have seen TWSY Dave Schools calls Todd the most rock solid drummer. So, perhaps that's why he's with the band. Remember though, there is a reason for the six headed monster.
Take care of yourself, Sunny. "Hope to see you there"

Luthur Thu 7/19/2007 02:21PM

jvhalley - Yeah, I understand a lot of these quick hit things are Jambase cut'n and past'n. That being said, a quick proofread should be done, especially with a situation like this.

That being said, I don't mean to sound like a spelling teacher.

cmaxwell Thu 7/19/2007 02:27PM

I would like to send my deepest sympathies to Sunny and his family. Even though this isn't the place, to me Sunny and Todd are almost like one big kit. When blewwhoever finds a better pair, we'll talk.

Matis Thu 7/19/2007 03:40PM
AZ~*Droo* Thu 7/19/2007 04:04PM

AZ~*Droo*

yeah blew blows

lexslamman Thu 7/19/2007 04:06PM

Condolences on the loss
Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die
And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

TendaiCooney Thu 7/19/2007 07:48PM

sunny... my wishes go out to you and your family. its not about spelling errors, or the souths apparent lack of education, its about a man who just lost this father. i love you man, stay strong.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› {¬¿¬} starstarstarstarstar Fri 7/20/2007 03:58AM

bleww. if u knew really about drumming or music
you would know TODD is called THE PRECISION DRUMMER.
why? because the beats he does hold are always SOLID and TIGHT. Panic loves him for his precision. :))

Road To Shambala Fri 7/20/2007 06:03AM

Road To Shambala

RIP indeed. Gonna miss seeing the man smiling on Saturday.

We all shine on!!!

golfer648 Fri 7/20/2007 07:26AM

milesgone...always droppin knowledge...love it...blewW044 u still suck

wsp10 Fri 7/20/2007 07:48AM

wsp10

sorry for the loss, don't think i could take just a week off. wonder who will be playing percussion in new york tonite and tommorrow night. maybe hunter will step in a play for a few shows. hope to see the boys with sonny next weekend in charlotte.

FormulaOBX Fri 7/20/2007 07:56AM

Time heals all wounds.So does music.Sunny you are an inspiration from way back.Take your time brother and we will see you soon.

BRabbit Fri 7/20/2007 08:19AM

BRabbit

DAMN

Mule86 Fri 7/20/2007 11:02AM

Mule86

Sunny is the shit and I will pray for his family and their loss...Panic is the best thing out right now and Sunny greatly aids the genius band...cant wait to see them again in October

Flat5 Fri 7/20/2007 07:44PM

Flat5

the problem with these music message boards is that, while we all love music, some of us don't really know much about how it is made. take bleww044, for instance. this person is an idiot. right on, milesgone

happydestiny Sat 7/21/2007 10:56AM

happydestiny

come back soon please!!!!

blew...no need for comment

Arturo Mon 7/23/2007 12:02AM

"its passed away, not past away. Theres always a ton of grammatical errors in these articles" ...
there ARE a ton of. "Are"? Is that what you meant to say? Subject/verb agreement is almost as important as replying to a somwhat grave press release with an internet-wide self back-pat. Long live the Queen's Enlgish.

VAteonanacatl Mon 7/23/2007 07:07AM

VAteonanacatl

best wishes to sunny and family

umphkabump Mon 7/23/2007 12:28PM
hellyeah Mon 7/23/2007 03:26PM

and you are a douche bag umph.

BlewW044 Tue 7/24/2007 10:03PM

Flea and Chad Smith, DMB drummer and bassist could run circles around them, Mike and Fish(YEM) ,Robert Randolph, the Meters, the Radiators, Future Man and Victor Wooten(GOD), I'm sorry I brought this up at the wrong time and called Nancy worthless, my bad, but I bet I did break a record for most thumbs down and there is truth behind what I say. And additionally I am completely sorry if that is the way Widespread likes to write songs. I was a little hostile at the time I wrote this. Best wishes to the Band and Sunny, but I was also writing in the opinion that Sunny and WS would not read this. Think Herring is a bad ass addition and I know all of you hard-core Panic fans have had to deal with death before so I'm sorry again for bringing this up at the wrong time

jamman1 Wed 7/25/2007 01:30PM

To the man that brings the vibe and rhythm heartbeat to our beloved 'panic...Sunny! We love ya bro and our thoughts are with you and your family during this sad time.