Opening its gates Wednesday, July 18, the 10,000 Lakes Festival will host a weekend of music and camping at the Soo Pass Ranch in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota featuring a soundtrack of artists including: Bob Weir & RatDog, The String Cheese Incident, Umphrey's McGee, moe., Gov't Mule, Zappa Plays Zappa, The Tragically Hip, Keller Williams, The Disco Biscuits, Derek Trucks Band, Particle, Everyone Orchestra, Little Feat, Galactic and over fifty additional acts performing on four stages.
Additional activities and updates happening at the 10,000 Lakes Festival:
- Everyone Orchestra returns to 10KLF for the 3rd year in a row with an all-improvisational performance hosted by EO founder/conductor Matt Butler and featuring a diverse lineup of festival guests and the "EO Core" of Asher Fulero (keys), Julian Fritz (drums), Scott Law (guitar), Janis Wallin (bass, Family Groove Company), Levi Chen, That 1 Guy, and other exciting surprises. Additionally, there will be a special 'Rex Foundation Jam' during the Everyone Orchestra set. Check out the Rex Foundation's Community Caravan project to help support Rex's World of Giving with as little as a $5 donation. View a video of the Everyone Orchestra and catch the live musical experiment at the Field Stage Friday, July 20 at 2 PM.
- The legendary poster art of Jim Pollock returns to 10KLF. A limited run of numbered & signed 10KLF 2007 Pollock posters will be available for purchase in the Lake Sallie General Store, on-site at 10KLF only. Plus, Jim Pollock will be at the booth personally printing 100 additional posters right in front of patrons’ eyes! World-acclaimed artist EMEK has created one of his visual masterpieces for 10KLF 2007. His indescribably creative rock ‘n’ roll art has been used for album covers and posters for Neil Young, Pearl Jam, the Beastie Boys and B. B. King to name a few. A limited run of signed & numbered 10KLF 2007 EMEK posters will be available for purchase in the Lake Sallie General Store.
- The Conscious Alliance and 10,000 Lakes Festival are partnering for their 3rd Annual 10KLF Food Drive to benefit the White Earth Indian Reservation of Minnesota. All patrons who donate 10 or more non-perishable food items or $10 will receive a free limited edition 10KLF poster by artist Marq Spusta. Limited edition posters will also be available for monetary donation at the Conscious Alliance booth. Donation bins will be located at designated locations marked on the festival guide map. Conscious Alliance always encourages food donations to be low-sodium and health food oriented products. “Organic” food donations are especially encouraged.
- Various campgrounds at 10KLF will be kept alive with entertainment and activities including morning yoga, tai chi, drumming workshops, and a over two dozen acts performing acoustic on the campground stages.
- The voter registration group, Headcount, will be at 10KLF registering voters and empowering them to make their voice be heard.
- The festival introduces 10KLF Charities with the goal of raising
$25,000 for a variety of organizations including the Rex Foundation, Detroit Lakes Community
Schools, Detroit Lakes Humane Society, the Seven Below Arts Initiative and Hoste Hainse, a school providing educational opportunities to the neediest of
children within Nepal. Patrons can join 10KLF in supporting these diverse charities by contributing to donation boxes located at all General Store
locations, with one lucky contributor taking home an autographed,
10KLF inlayed collector drum by Slap Happy Drums.
Full festival details, directions, artist performance schedule, and tickets are all available at www.10klf.com.
Customize your own 10KLF schedule with 10KLF-Base!