VEGOOSE: RAGE TO HEADLINE

Rage
The first artist leaks for the 2007 Vegoose festival (10.28-29 at Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas) are starting to trickle in. Although the lineup will not be announced until mid-July, it appears that Rage Against The Machine will be one of the headliners.

The Vegoose gig will be one of only a few live dates for Rage this year. The recently reunited band played Coachella in April and is scheduled to perform on the Rock the Bells tour (7.28-29) at New York's Randall's Island before they play with Queens Of The Stone Age at the Alpine Valley Music Theatre in Wisconsin on August 24. From there the only other scheduled show for RATM will be a headlining spot at the Voodoo Music Experience in New Orleans on October 27.

The third annual installment of this dynamic entertainment experience will take place in Las Vegas over Halloween weekend at Sam Boyd Stadium on Saturday, October 27th and Sunday, October 28th. Check back for info about the initial lineup of confirmed acts and tickets. Vegoose at Night, a series of nighttime concerts, will present a variety of artists at marquee venues throughout the city starting on Friday, October 26th and running through Sunday, October 28th.

[Published on: 6/27/07]

Comments

fattyseth Fri 6/15/2007 08:36AM

Sweet, I went to the first vegoose and had the time of my life. Lets hope for a good lineup

nighthawks starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/15/2007 08:54AM

First year was great, last year was ok.....
I am in for sure,but, please "build it and they will come"...

Govindaze Fri 6/15/2007 09:16AM

Every now and then, its nice to have a festival in my own back yard. Welcome back Vegoose.

cuttyfives Fri 6/15/2007 09:23AM

My mind says yes but my body and wallet say no, unfortunately. "dealertainers" @ Imperial palace....old korean black jack dealers...you big winna!...vegas rocks

hatfieldsbro star Fri 6/15/2007 09:25AM
PHISHisDANK Fri 6/15/2007 09:41AM

PHISHisDANK

i went year one that phil and friends was the sickest shit ive ever seen year two was aight

beadiamondsomday Fri 6/15/2007 09:42AM

beadiamondsomday

dont worry charlie/hatfeild i have a strong feeling the band you want to see on holloween is over it. this festival is a wonderful time but costs a lot, id prefer jamcruise for the money you wind up spending.

Makisupa_McGee Fri 6/15/2007 09:43AM

Makisupa_McGee

I went both years and had a great time. . ..I think you may be right, unfortunately, hatfieldsbro.

It is fucking awesome tho to have a NON-CAMPING fest in the city of sin. I love camping, but def love the change of scenery.

Thats just me, but I love both music and vegas's distractions. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!

Luthur starstar Fri 6/15/2007 09:43AM

"wish they would get rid of this damn festival so there would be some better halloween shows around the country..."

I agree. It's not even really a festival set up. Throwing a bunch of bands in a parking lot and taking a taxi to it a Festi it does not make.

nuke_ticketbastard starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/15/2007 09:44AM

halloween in vegas! whats not to like , had a great time last year , kush high cheerleaders rocked! would like to see the lips back for this year and bring back praxis but give them a later slot! they were my fave last year! need some claypool too! start saving that loot now!!!

HOPEFULPHAN star Fri 6/15/2007 10:13AM

its not a festival if u have to pay for each band! its bullshit.

nuke_ticketbastard Fri 6/15/2007 10:31AM

pay for each band??????? the only extra $ for bands is if you go to the late night shows , vegoose itself is all on one ticket not band for band.....

pokycheese starstarstarstar Fri 6/15/2007 10:42AM

pokycheese

Good call kizzy- plus the late nights are smokin' anyway...
Goose 1 was awesome, Goose 2 soso, third time's a charm?? Wanna see Umph,Yonder, and Ween added for sure.

Will be tough to replace the Cheese late night craziness, but I have faith in a stellar 07 line-up. If you're not down with Vegas then stay at home for you're own costume party= if you're a HATER you're not wanted anyway

pokycheese Fri 6/15/2007 10:43AM

pokycheese

your own --my bad

Jazzzzz starstarstar Fri 6/15/2007 11:06AM

Jazzzzz

First year amazing! Didn't go last from what I hear, a good thing. But this year as turning the big 40! Just might have too........................

das star Fri 6/15/2007 11:17AM

The first year was well done. The main problem with the second year was that Superfly decided to not pay for the Silver Bowl stadium itself (where the headliners played year 1). It ended up being three stages in a parking lot with less facilities and never a seat to take pause at a 12 hour event. Even worse when listening to a band you could hear the other stage, clearly! Nothing like watching a Panic show with the Roots thumping in one ear. And I know they could hear Dave Schools over there. lame. The old Superfly bait and switch. First year killer, second year massive spending cuts at the faithful consumer's expense. I won't be back.

jasonthehead starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/15/2007 11:47AM

jasonthehead

I am fired up for year three! If Superfly gives this fest the attention it deserves, it will live forever!

nealbook starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/15/2007 12:18PM

Veteran of two years. Had fun both. Both different musically. Had a great time last year watching Yonder, the Keller Williams Incident and the Crowes. We were up close and did not have the sound bleed problem. I know that was an issue when you were further back. We will be back, but then again we can almost walk from Phoenix to Vegas....

joeye starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/15/2007 03:14PM

I went to the first year. The lineup was sick, and the actual stadium was great. The taxi rides sucked on Saturday, but I think they learned from that.

I refused to go to the second year. They had less great headliners, and they didn't even use the stadium. Weak.

They need to spend more money up front to secure more headliners, and pay for the stadium. Then, the people will come and it will be a great festival.

By the way, Vegoose IS a festival. It's just different than any other one because it is in Las Vegas. Like I said, the first year was sick! The late night scene was amazing as well.

I will not go again in 07. But I will wait and see what folks say, and maybe go in 08.

brliba Fri 6/15/2007 03:44PM

Went the first year and it was awesome, what's better than seeing a day of great jams and then going to the stip and partying, I hear what the faithful are saying about the camping thing, but given the surroundings I can think that it's a great change of pace.

Didn't make it for year two but they definately can't do it correctly with out the stadium, I guess I will have to wait and see the lineup before I make up my mind,

JingoBa starstarstarstarstar Fri 6/15/2007 04:03PM

JingoBa

Peak productions should team up with The Mars Volta... that'd be a halloween experience of it's own. Hope Delta Nove will be there, they are prime.

pirateboards Fri 6/15/2007 04:18PM
BubbbleHouse Fri 6/15/2007 08:08PM

first year was SICK, phil was nuts (as always) trey sucked tho : (

phisherman_101 starstarstarstarstar Sat 6/16/2007 08:30AM

finally they are leaving halloween open to other areas of the country so that everybody can celebrate. Not just all of the good bands stuck in Vegas.

xbnmx Sat 6/16/2007 04:13PM

I don't think they'll bring Panic back for a third year in a row. Looking at tour schedules it seems likely that the Police and the Dave Matthews Band will headline. They're going to need to have Phil and Trey around to fill out the crowd.

willm1 Sat 6/16/2007 06:20PM

willm1

i watched the webcast last year. the best set of the webcast was MMW w/ Maceo Parker. i wont make it this year either so ATT blueroom better cast it again

nobodysjam starstarstarstarstar Sat 6/16/2007 08:12PM

nobodysjam

Yow! Vegoose will just rip your face off, the titty-bombinest shebang in the city that don't sleep. Do it up 5-star, go mids on the strip for $100 a night, or down and dirty in a tent, but DO IT! Way better mid to luxury bang for the buck than any other fest.

Jazzfest, nay, Jamfest in Vegas, what took Superfly so long!

The lot was simply En Fuego! overall well designed festie layout, no buzz hassles for me whatsoever

11 out of 10..off the charts!

lvcheese Sun 6/17/2007 12:48PM

lvcheese

Be ready for another superfly lineup including Fiona Apple, The Killers, The Police, White Stripes and others. Also be ready to pay extra for late night shows. I have never and will never give any money to superfly. PEace

redredwine star Sun 6/17/2007 09:01PM

FIX THE VIP!!!!!!!!

LAST YEAR WAS A RIP OFF !!!

BGsteveBG Sun 6/17/2007 11:04PM

BGsteveBG

the killers are not welcome at any fest i go to.

bluenotez starstarstarstarstar Mon 6/18/2007 01:21AM

bluenotez

^I agree on the Killers comment.

And whoever said that peak performance should team with Volta- good call! I'd like to make it down to the goose this year...made the first two and had a blast both times..

lost wages!

Dogfood Mon 6/18/2007 08:30AM

Any ideas about possible line up?

ahs1124 Mon 6/18/2007 11:37AM

Stop Complaining People. How can you complain about Vegas, Halloween and great Music all mixed in one. If you can't afford Caesars stay off the strip. If you go to Vegas expect for it to cost you. If you don't like that the night shows are seperate from the festival then don't go. If you go to Jazzfest the night shows aren't included and tell me one other festival in a town like this. Its Vegas!!! Instead of traveling to the middle of nowhere you fly right into the city. If you hate the cabs take the bus. Went the last two years and can't wait for this year.

Lowdrag starstarstarstarstar Mon 6/18/2007 01:44PM

An alternative plan for the freaks. Dance of the Dead II in Yosemite National Park Holloween weekend is whare the party is going to be. I think this fest sounds sooo much better than Vegoose. Here's the line up:

Tea Leaf Green, ALO, New Monsoon, Blue Turtle Seduction, Greensky Bluegrass, Izabella, Mr. Brown, Tracorum, The Tresspassers, and Holiday and the Adventure Pop Collective

ChrisChuck1 Mon 6/18/2007 04:04PM

i'm confused about one thing, everyone seems to bitch about money whenever VEGOOSE is brought up, IT'S VEGAS WHAT DO YOU EXPECT!!! I live here it's expensive, if you can't afford it don't come. You never here any complaints about the Jam cruise's being so much, there is money in our sceen, if you don't have that much, don't come to vegas cause you'll leave with none. not much good music comes here so when it does, even with a mediocre lineup, i'm happy. PLEASE DON'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME!!!!

much love

phalluscooper Mon 6/18/2007 04:52PM

phalluscooper

Dashowser's assessment of Vegoo$e 2006 is right on. I recall being annoyed to no end by the thumping hip-hop during Panic's set. $uperfly seems to pack too much into these festivals. There was criticism removed from the livedownloads site today that came from a listener whom said they could hear other bands playing during the SCI set at this year's Bonnaroo. $uperfly needs to show more respect to us as festival attendees. Our community's passion for the music and expectations are higher than the casual music fan's.
******* $uperfly; PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK! *********

jasonthehead starstarstarstarstar Tue 6/19/2007 09:25AM

jasonthehead

Dance of the Dead will be fun but you can't compare it to the party that happens at Vegoose. While ALO & TLG are faves of mine, that lineup isn't comparable to what Vegoose offered in 2005 & 2006, nor will it compare to Vegoose 2007. The late night scene at Vegoose has been unlike anything I have ever seen before. Ask any band on that bill if they'd rather be in Vegas that weekend...if they're being hinest, you kbow what the answer would be.

I agree that they MUST use the stadium again, the sound bleed and lack of space and seating was almost intolerable last year. Plus the stadium has more bvendors and hard bathrooms, and elevated, shaded seating. Oh, and the Grateful Dead played there, usually with Jerry in shorts, so it's got mojo inside.

Last year they had two of the (non-main) stages side by side with alternating acts, which worked very well, if they used that same set up with the stadium, and put the Clubs Tent (which need to be twice the size) on the other side of the field from the side by side stages, it would be perfect.

jasonthehead starstarstarstarstar Tue 6/19/2007 10:39AM

On 2nd thought...

1) I can't spell

2) While many of the bands at DotD probably wouldn't be right for Vegoose, I wasn't being fair to DotD by saying ANY of those bands would rather play Vegoose than DotD. DotD will be sweet, a polar opposite of the Vegoose scene, which some people prefer. Not that I am one of them...

3) ALO & Tea Leaf Green should be on the bill at Vegoose in 2007.

sunnbear Tue 6/19/2007 11:24AM

sunnbear

Not really Halloween without Jerry anyway. I miss Warewolves of Oakland!

knibbs Tue 6/19/2007 11:52AM

knibbs

Vegoose is the shit. The Mars Volta, Praxis, the Raconteurs, Panic w/the emergence of Jimmy Herring, the Roots, the Coup, MMW w/Maceo, Maceo w/Prince, etc.(all there last year) Personally I enjoy eclectic lineups at large fests. It gives your ears a chance to explore with the option to move on if you don't like what you're hearing. But, Vegoose has brought the heat the last 2 years. This beats the shit out of the Roo, just because you get to live it up in a pimpass hotel for the weekend. And if your smart you'll save some $$ by seeing music all day instead of gambling.

I can't wait to blow another paycheck out there this October cause it sure beats the weather in Chi at that time.

happydestiny starstarstarstarstar Tue 6/19/2007 12:26PM

happydestiny

I've been to both vegeeses and it was always a killer time,

Does anyone remember the roaring crowds that invaded the MGM Grand after panics halloween show? that was one of the best feeling moments of my life and everyone in the crowd felt it too

long live the goose--

oh yeah car camping in vegas sucks but its the one way to keep costs low

nuke_ticketbastard starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/20/2007 07:01AM

hehe - vegeeses - thats funny chilly
yeah i guess complaints are inevitable so whatever...
last year was my first , had a great time , but must agree the vip needs a LITTLE revamping , only thing that i didn't think was up to par was the food , should have more of a variety and switch it through the day a couple times - doesn't need to be fancy just more variety , other than that vip was worth it - the bathrooms alone were worth the extra cash!!! plus the bar wasn't bad - BUT it would be nice if you could get discounts at the regular beer / drink stands so you don't have to walk back to vip every time you want a cold one!!!!!
ok so here is my dream lineup for day one , all at one stage
start off with - cat power
then - grace potter
then - cold war kids
then - the hold steady
into - praxis w/ buckethead
final blow up - the flaming lips

ers7 starstar Thu 6/21/2007 01:44PM

WOW, aside from praxis, I couldn't agree less with yer dream lineup kizzy, but different strokes for different folks I guess, and anyone who says last year wasn't as good obviously didn't make it to the Panic MGM show, they totally redeemed themselves from year one vegoose. IMO they should Bring back MMW, yonder, umph, moe., panic, bisco, phil & friends, and ween!

jasonthehead Thu 6/21/2007 04:38PM

jasonthehead

"...and anyone who says last year wasn't as good obviously didn't make it to the Panic MGM show, they totally redeemed themselves from year one vegoose."

Couldn't have said it better...

nuke_ticketbastard Fri 6/22/2007 05:07AM

yeah the funhouse at mgm was great fun ! yeah gotta agree with your gary coleman theory but maybe you will enjoy my day 2 dream ERS7!
start the day w/ kaki king
john butler trio
MMW
the dou
ratdog
moe
stay tuned for late night dream shows to follow

weekapaung Fri 6/22/2007 05:04PM

Come on people. How can you complain about this festival, I think it is one of the best one's out there. Not only do you get to be in this amazing city of Las Vegas full of lights, sounds, and other trippers, but over the past 2 years they have gotten the best of the jammiest bands, Phil & Friends, Trey & Phil, Panic, Cheese, Keller Williams, Dave Matthews, etc. I can't wait to go back this year.

As far as VIP goes, I did that last year and I thought that it was the most worth while VIP that I have ever done. Not only did you not have to deal with the taxi issue (they gave you a free shuttle to and from the strip/Orleans), but the bathrooms ruled, and they gave the VIPers a section right up in front of the stage on the right side of EVERY stage, not just 1, but every stage there you could stroll up and be within 5 people of your favorite bands. Plus as a VIPer you get fist shot at the tickets for late night shows, so the one's at the MGM, like DAVE & Tim last year and Panic, I got 10th row Center Dave & Time tickets, Rediculous and unheard of for any other Dave show out there!!!
I can't wait to see who they get this year, but I hope for a return of Dave, Trey, Phil, and some newbies, maybe an Umph/DB late night, how could you go wrong with that???

ers7 Fri 6/22/2007 06:13PM

alright kizzy, maybe I was a little harsh, dream day 2 looks good, add an STS9 late night and I'd be there for sure. Please, Please vegoose, leave dave at home at home for this one. The only DMB I want to hear is the Del McCoury Band... and an Umph/DB late night would be sick!!

Promontory Rider starstarstarstarstar Tue 6/26/2007 01:13PM

Promontory Rider

DI
Dreadloack Inhalation
"When you choke on a dreadlock"
Beware!

Makisupa_McGee starstarstarstarstar Tue 6/26/2007 02:19PM

Makisupa_McGee

PRIMUS was unreal in a nasty way the first year. Um had a real shitty time that year tho.

Tru, 2nd year wasnt quite as hot as first, but it was still awesome...MMW raged even tho it was only noon.

I could see MOE coming back this year....I could tell they loved vegas when I saw em there for NYE 04.

nobodysjam was 100% right about the lot....fucking fun and sketch-free, plenty of good partyin', hearty laughter, and great folks

DI...haha, thanks for the warning, im sure thats a horrible way to go

Makisupa_McGee Tue 6/26/2007 02:28PM

Makisupa_McGee

OH, guys, one more tip that hasnt caught on with the GOOSE crowd is OLD VEGAS...you know, fremont st. experienc etc...

trust me, i stayed there both years, and i guarantee you'll love it.

45$ decent enough rooms, cheaper bj with better odds (its true, thats how they lure you away from the strip)

The plaza is 3* hotel and i got it for like 60 a night. the golden gate is graeat to play at and i think i got that for $40 a night first year.

Im no stranger to big pimpin every once in a while but the strip is a freakin waste if you ask me.

jasonthehead star Tue 6/26/2007 04:04PM

jasonthehead

I seriously do not consdier RATM to be aheadliner, what a "so what?" announcement this is...

...but if the lineup fills out the way it should, I'll still be there.

Dicky79 starstarstarstarstar Tue 6/26/2007 04:28PM
soulink starstarstarstarstar Tue 6/26/2007 04:35PM

soulink

RATM at Vegoose = sweet

nikolaivaluev Tue 6/26/2007 04:42PM

Rage against the slot machines for sure!

moephishH2O Tue 6/26/2007 04:42PM

moephishH2O

If the lineup is as good as the first year, I'll be back...

jasonthehead star Tue 6/26/2007 04:59PM

jasonthehead

Sorry Dicky, when I think of the biggest rock band on the planet right now I don't think of Rage Against the Machine, and I know I am not alone. I am happy for their fans though, this is big news for them, headlining a fest in Vegas after reuniting for Coachella.

I am not trying to disrespect the band, their talent or their fans, I am just saying they don't work for ME (and I am just one person) as a headliner for a festival I have been attending since it started. I agree the band will bring great fans, thousands of them, and they will be good business for Vegoose. But, I had the same feeling when they were announced to headline Coachella..."so what?" pretty much sums it up....for ME.

I would flip for headliners like:
The Beastie Boys
Widespread Panic
Radiohead
Wilco
Phil Lesh & Freinds feat. Warren Haynes

But that's just, you know, like, my opinion, man!

shackdude star Tue 6/26/2007 05:05PM

rage - who cares - shizzy - bring back PANIC

Makisupa_McGee Tue 6/26/2007 05:20PM

Makisupa_McGee

hahah! rage against the slot machine....classic

if vegoose turns into another coachella, im going to get sick to my stomach

BlewW044 Tue 6/26/2007 05:24PM

Rage needs to be one of the headliners at the next Bonnaroo. If I was rich as shit I guess the late night shows at different theaters would be really cool, but as a broke fuck I guess I would rather them play late night at the festival, but whatevers clever

BubbbleHouse Tue 6/26/2007 05:26PM

*** ATTENTION **********

-before jumping online and buying tickets try just going to the lot outside sam boyd, i went the first year payed 150$ off the bat got there and got me my girlfriend and both her friemds tickets for 10-15 bucks each..... i dont know w/ growing popularity if thats possible but so many people got cheap tickets outside the first year

-i dont know do whatever you want....but its a good try if last option.....and if not go get fuct up on the strip...

BubbbleHouse Tue 6/26/2007 05:33PM

******** yeah and "JasononTheHead" thats RATM comment was def. F*ckin stupid....you def dont know shit, sorry that must suck

congrats tho your the only person on this earth that has a problem w/ Ratm

weekapaung Tue 6/26/2007 05:35PM

Rage as a Vegoose headliner??? WTF??? How does this fit with the Jam Fest which Vegoose has been the bast 2 years? I don't want my Vegoose turning into a bunch of pissed off Rage fans who just like at coachella, boo through the bands before Rage, and then just get pissed and Mosh all during the show.
I certainly hope that this Rage headliner nonsense gets rehashed and they come at us with some real headliners like Dave Matthews & the Band, Phil & Friends, Trey out of rehab, or if they want to go a little harder, how a bout pulling Pearl Jam???

BooneRes starstarstarstarstar Tue 6/26/2007 05:43PM

BooneRes

A lame ass Panic, or wilco headliner are you kidding me....that has to be a joke wow! I could go with Phil but id prefer phil with scofield over warren anyday of the week. The Beastie Boys would be sweet but come on man Panic or Wilco over Rage what a joke!

Whiggy starstarstarstarstar Tue 6/26/2007 05:52PM

I honestly don't care who else is on the bill. I haven't seen Rage in 15 years and still throw their discs in with some frequency. As most have already said, the 1st year was better than the 2nd, but last year wasn't bad at all.

jasonthehead star Tue 6/26/2007 06:16PM

jasonthehead

BubbbleHouse & tranceful_delite: your comments make me laugh, laugh, laugh!

Bubbbles -I don't have a problem with RATM, I just have a problem with them headlining Vegoose. Just give it some time (like two minutes apparently) you'll see I am not the only one who has a problem with RATM headlining Vegoose.

tranceful_delite - When you call Panic "lame ass" or the idea of Panic and/or Wilco headlining a festy over RATM to be a 'joke" , well, you kind of "tip your hand" to us that you aren't really that wise about music. Which is cool, but I thought this should be pointed out to you for your own benefit. Also, last time Phil Lesh played, it was with Warren Haynes AND John Scofield in the band.

Matis Tue 6/26/2007 07:35PM

Matis

PLEASE OH PLEASE JUST ANNOUNCE PHIL!!!!

lvcheese Tue 6/26/2007 07:43PM

lvcheese

HA.....Typical superfly shit. I do not want to hear yelling.

Greatwaves Tue 6/26/2007 09:46PM

Greatwaves

the only thiing i dont like about Vegoose is that it has taken away from the Holiday, Bands no longer put on big planned halloween shows.no everyone goes to Vegoose and plays a short ass set

Jays420 Wed 6/27/2007 06:00AM
deftone984 Wed 6/27/2007 10:05AM

deftone984

my lineup... im throwing it out there for all to pick apart and get bent out of shape about. primus, the mars volta, the disco biscuits, sts9, galactic, that 1 guy with buckethead, elemental harmonics, and comets on fire. im just one person, dont worry im not mr. superfly.

sunnbear Wed 6/27/2007 10:23AM

sunnbear

Does anyone really care?

mcarroll Wed 6/27/2007 10:29AM

mcarroll

Obviously, no one cares, sunbear. There's only been about 25 comments about this since it went up less than a day ago.

Jays420 Wed 6/27/2007 10:42AM

Who is superfly???

Jays420 Wed 6/27/2007 10:42AM

Rage blowzzzzz, we want phil!!! I was gonna go to this festie, but dont feel like moshing to the headliner.

mcarroll Wed 6/27/2007 11:02AM

mcarroll

I know what you mean. That new "mosh to the headliner or be ejected from the festival" rule really suprised me, too.

Craig Handzlik starstarstar Wed 6/27/2007 11:05AM

Craig Handzlik

I feel like this festival might be heading the way of Sasquatch in Seattle. Jamband -> Indie. The first year of Vegoose was radical. 2nd year was a bit more indie. Rage headlining? I love rage but I thought this was supposed to be a jamband show.

andterp starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/27/2007 11:47AM

Heres my answer to saying Vegoose Sucked:

10/29/06 Vegoose City, Star Nursery Field, Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas, NV
0: Climb To Safety > Surprise Valley > Henry Parsons Died, From The Cradle* > Pigeons**, Rebirtha > Tall Boy, Blue Indian*, Solid Rock** > Fishwater, Conrad > Thought Sausage > Barstools and Dreamers* > Action Man, Papa's Home*, Little Wing** > Porch Song**, Ribs And Whiskey > Goodpeople > Chilly Water

E: Ain't Life Grand*

10/30/06 MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV
1: Contentment Blues, People Are Strange*, You Should Be Glad > John's Other Jam > Pilgrims** > Greta > Sharon > Time Zones**, Stop-Go > Imitation Leather Shoes > Chainsaw City

2: Cant Get There From Here*, Slippin' Into Darkness*** > When The Clowns Come Home, Diner > Proving Ground > Drums*** > Airplane**** > Morning Dew***** > Love Tractor

E: That Old Black Magic*, Radar Love*, I Want You (She's So Heavy)*

* with John Keane on guitar
** with John Keane on pedal steel
*** with John Keane on guitar, Steve Lopez on percussion
**** with Carrot Top on percussion, Jeff Lane on percussion
***** with Carrot Top on percussion, John Keane on guitar
****** with Carrot Top on percussion, Jeff Lane on tambourine, John Keane on guitar
[First 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)', Only 'John's Other Jam', Only 'People Are Strange', Only 'That Old Black Magic', Only 'Cant Get There From Here'; 'Electric Funeral' tease by Dave before 'Sharon'; 'Three Little Birds' rap by JB during 'Stop-Go'; Last 'Airplane' - 07/02/02, 316 shows; Last 'Morning Dew' - 01/14/89, 1976 shows; Last 'Radar Love' - 10/31/96, 876 shows]

jasonthehead Wed 6/27/2007 11:53AM

word anterp, word.

Ula Wed 6/27/2007 12:05PM

Ula

I like RATM but they aren't even near what I would anticipate as a Vegoose headliner. They are worthy of a side stage timeslot at best. If the Coachella crowd is coming...count me out. I'll get my car keyed and face pierced some other day. (Dude)

whoknowswhy Wed 6/27/2007 12:14PM

RATM + 3 days of music in New Orleans for $100. Or RATM and 2 days of music in Vegas for 1000+.

Do the math

garriswh Wed 6/27/2007 01:20PM

so many haters on this site, why do i even browse the comments anymore?

briank67 Wed 6/27/2007 01:34PM

briank67

deftone984... no offense, but keep dreaming haha
i would try my hardest to be there if primus and mars volta played (and HEADLINED)

happydestiny starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/27/2007 02:42PM

happydestiny

can I get an amen and a hallalueh for ANDTERP
Just seein those setlists made me fell all warm and fuzzy all over again.

Vegoose is the shit, the only thing to make it better would be camping in the lots

Rage against the Machine is one of my alltime favorites, no I won't be moshin, yes I will be shitting myself if they play 'freedom'

Bring back panic superfly

acomma Wed 6/27/2007 04:24PM

acomma

it's time for the emergence of new festivals in new areas of the states.

jasonthehead Wed 6/27/2007 04:38PM

^^^^

That's what Vegoose is! It's only in its third year, it has so much room to grow!

Daddyphatsacks Wed 6/27/2007 05:34PM

Daddyphatsacks

Bring on the leaks, who else will be there?

BooneRes starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/27/2007 06:14PM

BooneRes

I now understand why you listen to what you do "jasonthehead". I guess if I were in my forties I might not want rage as a headliner! Wasn't at Vegoose last year so I wasn't really sure what Phil's line-up was but Scofield sure tore up the southeast last summer with em and the ne run wasn't nearly good w/o him in my opinion! But yeah regardless Widespread Panic sucks......hopefully they stay in their comfort zone for Halloween and give their frat boys somethin to do!

tate79 Wed 6/27/2007 06:55PM

Actually defton984 I think your adds would be great.
I don't know how i feel about rage being at vegoose. I loved there first cd, not so impressed with the 2nd album. I guess i would like to see them but not as a headliner spot. I don't think rage can even play for more than a hour and a half. imo I think it will most likely f#%k up what vegoose had going for it. Thats ok without the cheese latenight it would have taken a stellar lineup to get me back anyway. I don't know what else they got planned but if this is any indication of how vegoose is going to be it would take a phish renunion or another sci late night to get me back.

kaiserbun Wed 6/27/2007 08:37PM

honestly if i decide to go this year i won't even go to the festival. i'd just pick a few late night shows and hang on the strip, , and go to the hard rock pool and look at hot women the rest of the time. i think its more fun to see your favorite bands in one of the casino theatres late night rather than sit in that god awful heat all day. just the way i would do it though. veags is just not a good place for a festival in my opinion. way too many other things to do there.

bplus starstarstarstarstar Wed 6/27/2007 10:30PM

Vegoose is amazing!

If Rage is playing at least people will be coming. I am so happy that they are doing this again! Though I'm not a huge rage fan, they were fun to rock out at the first Cochella. This also means there will be more fans at this stage and less at the cool jam band they'll pair up against this one.

I've gone to both years of Vegoose and love it! The festival always offers more than you can experience and the night shows have amazing atmosphere. Last years Phil and Trey night show was mind-melting and the Vegoose Panic sets both years have been worth the ticket price.

Vegoose is easy to get in and out of in a car, drive to a cheap hotel room, party before and after shows, and have a fabulous weekend with amazing music everywhere.

Having no stadium last year was something I worried about at first, but overall, it was easier to get between stages. I didn't experience any overlap. If you're not happy with the sound, just go closer.

My only disappointment is that the rest of the Vegas world doesn't seem to give a &**& about Halloween and costumes out of the fest seemed frowned upon.

Everyone should go to Vegoose. It has plenty to offer and I've never had a bad time so far....

ers7 Thu 6/28/2007 12:30AM

WE WANT PANIC!!!!

Vegoose will not be the same without em, and tranceful, stop puttin down panic, frat boys have much more sophistimacated tastes, like lil john and justin timberlake. Anyone who is hatin' on WSP, I got a present for ya, its my dick in a box!

livin_grateful starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/28/2007 06:52AM

heres the full lineup

looks good this year!!!

Radiohead
The Beastie Boys
The White Stripes
My Morning Jacket (with Orchestra)
Wilco

Sunday Oct. 29th
Radiohead w/ special guest Wilco
MGM Grand Garden Arena
Doors 12AM / Show 1AM

O1Roggae Thu 6/28/2007 07:30AM

O1Roggae

if that was the lineup for sure i would definately go to vegoose this year. u know though there are goin to be a few more mainstream bands to ruin the vibes

jasonthehead Thu 6/28/2007 10:33AM

jasonthehead

Wow, quite a list, sounds almost too good to be true, but it also sounds very realistic. The dates are incorrect and there is no RATM on that list ( possibly an intentional omission considering the thread topic) so I am curious where this info is coming from. Early lineup leaks like this have been pretty inaccurate in the past, albeit with a few correct items. We'll see, can't wait for confirmation!

and for the record tranceful_delite:

I am 33 and won't sink to your level and tell you that any of the bands that you like are weak or suck, not even the really crappy ones. Believe it or not there are some bands in this world that we both like. Phil & Friends is obviously one of them...Panic, Wilco and RATM obviously are not.

If you'd like to discuss the WSP fixation you have in a more detailed manner, feel free to roll on down to the Orpheum tonight, tomorrow or Saturday, and you and me and some people I know can sling some mud while we sip on some tall boys. I got a real good mind...

jasonthehead Thu 6/28/2007 12:57PM

jasonthehead

BTW...whoknowswhy likes fuzzy math.

ScIFreak Thu 6/28/2007 01:45PM

ScIFreak

Dude WTF IS GOING ON WITH ALL THOSE WACK ASS LINE UP SUPERFLY HAS BEEN COMING UP WITH LATELY, THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, WILCO, THE ARCADE FAGETS,WOW ONCE AGAIN I CAN SEE SUPERFLY IS REALLY TRYING TO GET AWAY FROM IT'S ROOTS. FUCK THIS SHIT WHAT HAPPEND TO THE BONNAROO'S 02,03,04 LINE UP! AND THE FIRST VEGOOSE'S LINE UP, OMG TO DIE FOR!! I MEANT SERIOUSLY FUCK THIS SHIT, PEOPLE WHO LISTEN TO THOSE BANDS ARE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE THAT LISTEN TO JAM BANDS PERIOD. AND EVEN WORST THOSE 8TH GRADER PUNKS DON'T FUCKING WAIT ONE SECOND TO MAKE FUN OF THE SHIT WE LISTEN TO. THIS IS SOO WACK FUCK SUPERFLY WHEN THE WILL BE ABLE TO BRING BACK THE JAMBANDS I'LL GO SPEND MY 2000 DOLLARS, UNTIL THEN THEY CAN SUCK MY NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!1
FUCK YOU SUPERFLY!!!1

jasonthehead Thu 6/28/2007 02:14PM

jasonthehead

easy Freak, I know the Cheese is melting but that doesn't mean should too!

Follow up from a post by "copycat" on the Infogoose Vegoose discussion board, read below:

Just checked every artist on pollstar and everyone's open on the Vegoose days with two exceptions.

Wilco is playing Voodoo on Sunday, Oct. 28, so they probably aren't playing live with Radiohead that night. It is feasible that they would play Vegoose on Saturday, Oct. 27 and jet over to Voodoo the 28th (Flaming Lips did that the first year) And, sadly, doesn't look like there'll be any Arcade Fire. Pollstar lists this for Arcade Fire:
Fri 10/26/07 Glasgow, UK S.E.C.C.
Sat 10/27/07 Manchester, UK Manchester Evening News Arena
Mon 10/29/07 Newcastle, UK Metro Radio Arena

mrkrinkle6884 starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/28/2007 02:36PM

mrkrinkle6884

I have been DYING to see AMON TOBIN for several years, he was at the 2002 Bonnaroo late night and I wasnt there till 04..... but GIRL TALK whoops ass too so does the Beastie Instrumental.

That is if its all true!!

mcarroll Thu 6/28/2007 03:23PM

mcarroll

ScIFreak - Most "8TH GRADER PUNKS" write at a much higher level than you, and I would imagine they understand what the caps lock button is for. Your typing is hurting my ears. Firstly, that lineup seems too good to be true. Secondly, those dates and days don't match up. Saturday is the 27th, Sunday the 28th, Monday the 29th.

Ula Thu 6/28/2007 05:58PM

Ula

Who will be louder, RATM or the simultaneous Kelly Clarkson set?

One thing's for sure, $uperfly's sub-par stage layout will ensure that you'll be able to hear them both at the same time.

"Killing in the name of! Some of those that work forces, are those that burn crosses.....Ohh, I can't believe it's happening to me. Some people wait a lifetime....For a moment like this......"

karacter0 star Fri 6/29/2007 11:04AM

karacter0

What ever happened to intelectual bands at festies? Rage is for headbanging, suicidal, degenerate high school kids.

I hope they plan to play "Renegages of Funk" as the first song and then jam it out for the whole show. It is the only song of theirs that I've ever connected with. Yes, the native americans got f@%ked over by the white man, but quit screaming about it on MTV vidz!

Running 'roud the festie, pocket full of shells! Yikes!

HarlandEast starstar Fri 6/29/2007 11:59AM

i was at vegoose the first year and it made for a good birthday weekend.. the diversity of music was cool but i don't know if Rage is what i'm lookin for in a headliner for next year. unless key-z has an AT-42 it's gonna take a lot to get me to come out again from cleveland.

Makisupa_McGee Fri 6/29/2007 01:20PM

Makisupa_McGee

if the linup posted by livin greatful is correct, this will be the best vegoose yet

also, the guy who suggested not to pay face value is 100% right.

honestly, just hanging durring the day and catching a few late nights sounds like a pretty sweet idea. its unbelivably exhausting to do the whole day then late nights at the goose...way more so than your normal camping fest - to the point where you cant fully enjoy your night sets. i partied perty good durring the day though and didnt hold back at all, so....

lvcheese Fri 6/29/2007 02:58PM

lvcheese

How do you know that is the lineup. I think that is all speculation.

bigchris starstarstarstar Fri 6/29/2007 03:57PM

Friday Oct. 28th
The Beastie Boys Instrumental set
w/ DJ Shadow
MGM Grand Garden Arena
Doors 7PM / Show 8PM

WOW!

ardentbiscuit starstarstar Fri 6/29/2007 04:21PM

Hey, here is some research copycat did..

I would love for that lineup to be true.

Fri 10/26/07 Glasgow, UK S.E.C.C.
Sat 10/27/07 Manchester, UK Manchester Evening News Arena
Mon 10/29/07 Newcastle, UK Metro Radio Arena

Also, Radiohead has said they aren't going to tour this year because they are working on a new album.

All we know is that Rage is playing...

There are also rumors that Red Hot Chili Peppers and Smashing Pumpkins are playing.

All of this stuff is obviously rumors.

I wouldn't count on anything until they post an official line up... :)

toeknee420 Sat 6/30/2007 08:16AM

toeknee420

Jambase gives good head.
Love - Superfly

pokycheese starstarstarstar Sat 6/30/2007 09:15PM

pokycheese

Show me YONDER

hnkscrpio Sun 7/1/2007 03:32AM

hnkscrpio

what livin grateful named sounded pretty sweet, did someone diss that line up, c'mon scifreak, you don't dig the rage, they pushed a lot of kids into political awareness, and you gotta love wilco.

deftone984 Sun 7/1/2007 01:21PM

deftone984

"Rage is for headbanging, suicidal, degenerate high school kids..." really??? c'mon man. that lineup is sick. i think you should open your mind to the possibility that there are some amazing musicians out there that you may not know about. im not convinced that the lineup is accurate... but sure hope it is. i havent been to outer shpongolia since new years.

p0rks0da starstarstarstarstar Mon 7/2/2007 04:06PM

Friday is the 26th this year. Not the 28th. The lineup is fake...

goos666 starstarstar Tue 7/10/2007 09:19PM

ok so this party is apparently for my birthday even though it never falls on my birthday (I still dont know what wingnut geneous pulled the strings to throw me such a nice little shindig).. I have enjoyed the line up both years.. last year I was there but I just hung out on lot.. that was fun.. First year was spunions in the sun raging it like circus freaks.. I think that rage will be fine to hang out on a jam fest.. did we all forget how many festies that they have done in their prime.. and how bout them 10 dollar tickets huh? everyone loves an expencive/cheap fest and come on.. vegas is the shit.. she is an evil succubus but once you get past that you can enjoy the pretty shinning lights stripper card carpets, and free booze.. as for camping.. what did the deadheads do when they took over for three days every year? If you are a baller and dont mind high priced hotels hang out on the strip.. if you still want to stay in a room there are cheap hotels off the strip and my favorite is finding a random neighborhood to car camp.. my first year I squatted the mgm grand.. last year I stayed in a hotel next to the stardust.. this year who knows.. maybe ill be balling in an executive suite at the luxor.. regardless of the lineup I will be there because I know that there will be kidz there.. (who ever bitches about kids moshing obviously didn't go to the primus show the first year) and if it turns into a coachella yuppie custie fest I will help rage tear sam boyd down by the rafters.. probably wont be the case and all who come will probably have a good time.. just remember to have deep pocketts and you wont be dissapointed.. and btw I think that war would be a good addition to the linup this year.. and dave can come but he better have some fukin blow for me.. dammit :D

(i have no idea if this post makes any sence because I write out of order and like an ADD kid)

FormulaOBX Mon 7/16/2007 02:58PM

Finally Ratdog makes a showing.I guess that means Phil won't be there.Last year at the Orleans was stellar.Anyway...no seats at this festival........kind of sucks...so does the over dub of bands....ANYWAY....blows out Gayaroo.See all you cry babies there.Booo...

delarig Fri 7/20/2007 05:11PM

Karacter 0... you are a moron. Probably fresh out of highschool. Rage against the Machine is one of the most important bands of our time. Just because a band is'nt noodling for 2 1/2 hours does not mean they should not be there. A good festival is all about diversity... I hope you get trampled.

Scrambler star Tue 8/28/2007 06:45PM

Hello all ... I am a 55yo Deadhead. I work at Alpine Valley WI, and I worked the RATM show on 8/24/07.

I was about to check out from my part-time job there in security, and never come back. It was the worst show I have ever worked. This crowd is intent on destroying the facility and anything else near it. Yes, it rained at Alpine and it was muddy and nasty, but that is no reason to destroy the plant and threaten the music loving people that work there.

I don't work in the resort there, but the rooms were trashed also. I talked to supervisors from CenterPlate (vendors) and they had the same kind of story.

Stay away for your own safety. Call me an old fart if you want, but I am a Vietnam vet with 7 months in the bush and I don't need this in my life.

Beware.

Oh yeah ... the band said there was so much energy there. Talk to the employees to see what they would say????