MODEST MOUSE AUG DATES

Modest Mouse
Following a sold-out American tour and their most extensive European tour to date, Modest Mouse will cross the US again this August. The dates begin in Morrison, Co at the historic Red Rocks Amphitheatre and continue through August 27th. The month also includes an appearance on Late Night with Conan O’Brien on August 7th and stops in Tokyo and Osaka, Japan for the Summer Sonic Festivals. Band of Horses and Love as Laughter will be opening the dates. Additionally, Clipse will be on the NY and Philly dates. Stay tuned for more US and European dates for September.

Modest Mouse is Isaac Brock, Eric Judy, Jeremiah Green, Johnny Marr, Tom Peloso, Joe Plumme

For full Modest Mouse tour dates click here.

[Published on: 6/14/07]

Comments

dustinthewind7 starstarstarstar Thu 6/14/2007 12:14PM

dustinthewind7

right on!! its goin to be kinda shitty with all the teeny boppers fillin the shows, but i'm still behind mouse all the way. its all bout the music anyway.

cmaxwell star Thu 6/14/2007 01:26PM

Fuck these guys. Get them off Jambase!!

crawf Thu 6/14/2007 02:07PM

fuck cmaxwell! he doesn't jam!! he's never jammed!!!

matthau starstarstarstarstar Thu 6/14/2007 02:22PM
acomma Thu 6/14/2007 03:12PM
Andrew W. starstarstarstar Thu 6/14/2007 03:18PM

Andrew W.

I am gonna throw an "easy tiger" in here... It's just a tour date announcement. Nothing to get too excited over one way or another. Carry on...

steveokay starstarstar Fri 6/15/2007 06:40AM

The singer of this band, Isaac Brock, has talked shit on Grateful Dead fans ( http://www.rollingstone.com/news/qa/story/13712527/qa_and_exclusive_audio_isaac_brock ). Throughout numerous interviews he seems like a huge dick. His music is pretty good though, I'll give thim that

mtn_girl Fri 6/15/2007 08:21AM

mtn_girl

The lead singers comments in rolling stone make him seem like an asshole. I really enjoyed some of their music until I read that interview a few months back. He went to one GD show in oregon and totally trashes the fans and the whole scene. I've been pretty disinterested since then.

But even assholes can make good music.

cmaxwell star Fri 6/15/2007 12:12PM

Lead singer interview is my main beef with these guys. It is an insult I think to put them on this site, being that Panic, Phish, and LoS all started doing Grateful Dead covers. And PGroove makes these trendy little whiners look like a piece of crap.

Thurman Merman star Fri 6/15/2007 02:16PM

Thurman Merman

OVERRATED

All Loving Liberal White Guy Fri 6/15/2007 03:02PM

All Loving Liberal White Guy

dude, clipse??. oh well, tales of slinging crack will be most welcome in the crime ridden and polluted shitbox this is now philadelphia. their new album is sweet though.

"mama, i'm so sorry, i'm so obnoxious. i don't fear tubbs and crockett. mama, i'm so sorry, i'm so obnoxious, got two hot rocks in my pocket"

"if hustlin' is a must homey, be SOSA not TONY"

peaton Fri 6/15/2007 03:33PM

peaton

ya man, clipse is ill, I wouldnt ever min seeing them. As for Modest Mouse, I would go to a show if they played only Lonesome Crowded West, because that album was one of the greatest and most creative albums of the 90's. Isaac Brock is a brilliant songwriter especially on that album on tracks like "Heart Cooks Brain" and "Teeth Like God's Shoeshine." As for their new stuff, I think their last two albums have kinda sucked, not just because it has gotten radio play, but its just been too overproduce and single-ish. There songs used to exceed 5 minutes and take multiple paths, but now its a bit straightforeward and blah.

MusicIsMath Fri 6/15/2007 04:35PM

I used to rag on Modest Mouse. Then I opened my mind and actually listened to their catalogue. Boy was I an idiot.

rulosa01 starstarstarstar Fri 6/15/2007 08:03PM

"And while I think Brock's GD remarks were a little brash, there is certainly a lot truth in those comments in relation to the 90's Dead scene. People just get their panties in a wad when anyone says something slightly negative about GD/Phish/etc." This is true

Modest Mouse was really great and now they are good. The new album is good, but it seems a little re-hashed to me. I'll have to check out the new songs on this tour

moejoerisin Fri 6/15/2007 09:17PM

moejoerisin

there's no way modest mouse is overrated. listen to the moon and antarctica and tell me modest mouse is overrated. they're fucking sick. he dissed the grateful dead fans because a lot of deadheads talk about protecting the earth and they go and trash it themselves. and that's true. look at some of the piles of garbage you see near campsites at festivals. look at a lot after a show. it can get depressing. don't bash a band because one comment doesn't jive with you. listen to the music. it's a fuckload better than pgroove, i can tell you that.

cmaxwell star Sat 6/16/2007 12:04AM

Okay I came to the same realization as MusicIsMath. I listened to the three songs on their myspace page. Didn't convert immediately but I do respect their musicianship. Fire It Up was very annoying, but Overboard is a damn good song. The thing about the Dead fans is that Modest Mouse probrably has some shitty ones too. Their lead singer can go fuck himself as far as that goes. I still think PGroove is way better.

MusicIsMath Sat 6/16/2007 01:36PM

Glad you gave them a chance cmaxwell. And while those songs are good, they really dont compare to their earlier stuff IMO. Modest Mouse certainly has some shitty fans, but I think that could probaly be said for any band in the history of music. And while I think PGroove is alright, I personally prefer MM. Neither of us is right or wrong, its just a matter of taste.

And for all Modest Mouse fans(and non fans), you should check out Ironhorse- Bluegrass Tribute to Modest Mouse: Something You've Never Heard Before. They also have a bluegrass tributes to The Shins, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, and a couple others. Here are a couple sample tracks from the Modest Mouse one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5jpbynqxii2 - Float On

http://www.mediafire.com/?cfcbej11brx - Gravity Rides Everything

cuttyfives Sat 6/16/2007 01:45PM

pgroove sucks...their show in Columbia Missouri sucked my balls...JMHO

bluenotez starstarstarstarstar Mon 6/18/2007 01:25AM

bluenotez

yeah Modest Mouse at the Edgefield! Thank goodness for this excellence.

ctroyc starstarstarstar Mon 6/18/2007 04:22PM

I was at said Seattle shows (94 + 95) and just had a flash to the mounds of crap in the venue and I have to agree with and yes, the garbage was distressing and alarming, as it was at big shows until Clean Vibes appeared. I can't advocate that my fellow heads were unanimously united for recycling/non-garbage back there at the end.

O1Roggae Tue 6/19/2007 10:58AM

O1Roggae

issac brock is a sick motha fucka. he needs to get slapped. modest mouse sux live. so if ur expecting an awesome live show u won't get it. once u go mainstream ur live shows start to get worse an worse in my opinion.that gd remark is complete bs. yeah the dead had a lot of shady ppl followin them at the end of their run but that doesnt mean that all the fans or the ppl were that way.Isacc brock is obviously a douchebag read that interview and u will find out. They don't deserve to tour with the flaming lips, the lips blow modest mouse out of the water

totalot Wed 6/20/2007 10:39AM

worst show i have seen this year.

D14 Fri 6/22/2007 11:23AM

D14

Can't wait to see em at the one, the only, Ryman Auditorium, here in Nashville. Band of Horses is pretty good too. Man, I wish I could catch Clipse with em...dem boys is hustlas fa real!

nottusx Sun 6/24/2007 03:46PM

nottusx

modest mouse makes me suicidal. do not subject yourself to their mindless mumbling!!!

moejoerisin Sun 6/24/2007 10:55PM

moejoerisin

"Was there a need for creation?
That was hiden in a math equation,
And that's this:
Where do circles begin?"
-Stars Are Projectors

certainly not mindless mumbling

moejoerisin Mon 6/25/2007 09:07AM

moejoerisin

building something out of nothing is also a great album - 'medication,' 'grey ice water' and 'baby blue sedan' are amazing tunes