UMPH & BISCO IN JAMAICA

Umphrey's McGee by Dave Vann
Cloud 9 Adventures, the people who bring the music community the floating festival known as Jam Cruise, today announce their next destination concert experience. Caribbean Holidaze will bring 800 music fans to Jamaica for four nights to celebrate the music of The Disco Biscuits & Umphrey's McGee, along with very special guests Keller Williams, the Benevento/Russo Duo, Mad Professor and the return of the Brain Damaged Eggmen, a unique collaboration between Umphrey’s McGee and The Disco Biscuits performing the music of the Beatles and Pink Floyd.

Caribbean Holidaze will take place December 13-17, 2007 at two of Jamaica's most celebrated and lavish resorts – Breezes Runaway Bay and Hedonism III. The Disco Biscuits and Umphrey’s McGee will each be performing three shows while Keller Williams will be performing twice.

Both Resorts are super-inclusive; just about everything you can eat, drink and do is included in your vacation price. Choose which resort fits your style and tastes, from the wild atmosphere at Hedonism to the laid back island vibe at Breezes, both resorts offer incredible amenities, activities and much more. Oceanfront concerts will take place all four days with attendees free to explore all the amenities each resort has to offer – all included in the package price.

Event details are as follows:

Caribbean Holidaze
December 13 -17, 2007
Breezes Runaway Bay & Hedonism III
Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Featuring Umphrey’s McGee, The Disco Biscuits, special guests Keller Williams, the Benevento/Russo Duo, Mad Professor and the return of the Brain Damaged Eggmen.

Pre-booking begins Thursday May 16th at 12pm EST at Caribbean Holidaze

Super-inclusive vacation packages starting as low as $845.00 plus airfare.

Caribbean Holidaze is presented by Cloud 9 Adventures

[Published on: 5/10/07]

Comments

moeMan1 starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/10/2007 02:50PM

moeMan1

GITV!

Death Cube K starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/10/2007 02:59PM

Death Cube K

add Praxis

gmoo Thu 5/10/2007 03:01PM

gmoo

Are the 'treats' all inclusive as well? :)

groovinkangaroo Thu 5/10/2007 03:03PM
maze920 Thu 5/10/2007 03:12PM

maze920

WHOA.

kaiserbun starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/10/2007 03:18PM

wow i wish i had a job like these guys. it would nice to be sitting around one day and say "hey let's play some shows in jamaica". on the fan side of things, it sounds like a blast, but a little too expensive for me.

beadiamondsomday Thu 5/10/2007 03:18PM

beadiamondsomday

yo kangaroo i hear ya, i mean thats great and all but tix start going on sale in may, fuck that, im in school, i need more time to prepare than that. but hopefully ill be there and not do NYE. and it will be fun for those there

phalluscooper Thu 5/10/2007 03:25PM

phalluscooper

Yuppy fu*@sticks? Sorry roo, in case you haven't noticed, many of the shows that you have attended are a microcosm of society. Some people earn a nice living doing whatever it is that they do. Success does not make one a fu*@stick?

I loved knowing that Senator Leahy and Bill Walton were in the crowd at some Dead shows.

See you at the Miami airport holding your finger high beggin' for that miracle!

yemmw Thu 5/10/2007 03:50PM
Andrew W. starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/10/2007 04:08PM

Andrew W.

Everyone settle down... Smiles!

gmoo Thu 5/10/2007 04:10PM

gmoo

Kangaroo is just jealous. He won't be bitchin' when some yuppy f'stick doctor has to give him a triple bypass in 30 years. Trust me. It's nice to know that there are people at festivals like Kangaroo who will judge me by the color of my wristband. Way to show community bro!!!

HiPpYcHoP Thu 5/10/2007 04:42PM

I'll be attending and I'm not well off by an means, BUT this kid surley knows how to hustle :-)

bottom line... you do whatcha' gotta do to, to do whatcha' wanna do!

UmphMe Thu 5/10/2007 05:12PM

This is not a bad deal at all. 900 bucks(the cheapest) for 4 days in a Jamaican resort!!! This is to see the shows, room, food, drinks, and all other activities.

Ill be there for sure. . camping is fun and all, but has nothing on a Jamaican resort.

groovinkangaroo Thu 5/10/2007 05:23PM
FrogBrigade22 Thu 5/10/2007 05:33PM

FrogBrigade22

This sounds incredible, lucky for those who can go.

UmphMe Thu 5/10/2007 05:43PM

Having extra money makes you a yuppy fuckstick?? I dont see how that works, money = yuppy?? save your cash buddy. i save my money to go to shows and i have never been in vip at a festy. but i can save money to go to jamaica, its all about priorities.

stinkd Thu 5/10/2007 05:50PM

enough with all of these people on jambase who make fun of other people. Enough of the "seperating" people do on this message board about certain people's favorite bands and how other bands "suck" and how those fans with few dollars are angry at those who have more dollars, blah, blah, blah... Music is for the heart and soul, jam band musicians do not sing about gats cappin' homies and bitches gettin' the clap and rapein' ho's and killin' other homies and all of that cruel tough guy bullshit, jamband musicians sing about good vibes and real emotions and the glory of dancing and traveling and making love, but soooo many Biscuit, Umphreys, STS9 fans love to say really mean adolescent opinions on this message board. Those folks should stop acting like dirty rotten bastards. This festival looks amazing, I hope I can make it to Jamaica, it falls on my birthday (dec. 14) but if I cannot go I am cool with that, I can see these bands again, they tour constantly, almost all year round.

phishr82 Thu 5/10/2007 07:36PM

phishr82

honestly, pull your heads out of your asses and do some research. i am as a travel agent and 900 dollars to go to jamaica for 4 days with AIRFARE in december (a pretty prime month for warm-weather destinations) ALL INCLUSIVE is a really good deal! add to that the shows, and you're talkin a really really good deal. that being said, i won't be going cause it's a little out of my price range, but still, a really good deal...you can easily drink 100 dollars a day if you want...

phishr82 Thu 5/10/2007 07:37PM

phishr82

my bad, haha, airfare is extra, im the ass...but still not a bad deal

happydestiny starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/10/2007 08:45PM

happydestiny

damn good deal...if these bands are your bag...not mine...but it should be an awesome time for all in attendance

montra1 starstar Thu 5/10/2007 08:53PM

"Are the 'treats' all inclusive as well? :)
-Gmoo you are officially the biggest custy on jambase...
....and everyone is right. Unless you are single, a proffessional, or a dealer , you cannot afford shit like this.

Chantal starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/10/2007 09:34PM

Chantal

im in like flynn. biscuits in jamaica? all inclusive? 'nuff said.

nugstuffa starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/10/2007 10:21PM

nugstuffa

This sounds like tha tits... i realy wanted to go to jamcruise but i blew all my money on h@@kers, redemtion song!! 3 night of bisco in paradise...bomb.com' time to renew my passport...and look for my piggy bank and crak that sh!t open... ThIS festival is definatly for ppl who make easy $ pimpin whoes in style, or ppl who who work hard (without hoes) that want to pimp it super hard- p.s i would drink 200$ of booze a day

happydestiny Thu 5/10/2007 10:27PM

happydestiny

A big fuck yeah to SLAPPY and to up the ante I could see an easy 225 tab for me

The1AndOnlyDJCT starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/10/2007 10:41PM

Damn, this sounds awesome, too bad it's so expensive and during finals week! If only it were a week later I might try to get the money together for it.

Let's hope the Biscuits get added to JitD!

funkmeup starstarstarstarstar Thu 5/10/2007 11:16PM
Shane Fri 5/11/2007 12:41AM

funkmeup you are a straight up fuckin loser. shut up. thats all i cant really say cuz you're just an idiot, and i dont care if u reply back cuz i will still think you are fucking dumb so that's it, im done here

Ula Fri 5/11/2007 06:29AM

Ula

funkmeup and groovinkangaroo will be sharing a tent at each festy this summer. They know more about the jam scene and people in general than anyone.

Both of you are probably in college (which is GREAT) ....look up attribution error. While your figuring out why your so judgemental, 800 fans will really be "funking and groovin" on a beach in Jamaica this winter.

I love you both but your misery sucks - Peace!

jimsan Fri 5/11/2007 06:32AM
canoftunapudding Fri 5/11/2007 06:34AM

Anybody want to throw in on a used cuban refugee raft with me? I hear the currents in December should float us right by Jamaica if we launch the raft from Tavernier, FL.

torn&treyed Fri 5/11/2007 06:39AM

HOLY SHIT

Astronaut Jones Fri 5/11/2007 06:57AM

Astronaut Jones

See, what you guys are forgetting here is that people who are professionals, people who still live at home and are supported by mumsie and dadsie, people who are independently wealthy, people who are priviledged, people in Jamaica, and people who are not your clone in music taste are not entitled to go hear music. Don't you guys know that anyone who makes over $10,000/year are a bunch of trust-afarians who live off the money mom and dad give them? I mean get real people. Music is not for everyone. Music is only for some people. People who have busted their asses getting an education and getting ahead in life so they can do things like buy VIP passes and go to concerts in Jamaica are what's wrong with the world today. People who do those things are the reason everyone else can't catch up. It's all about ebb and flow. Rich people are why there are homeless and starving familes all across the world. It has nothing to do with a lack of motivation and a tank full of handouts. All you hard working, elloquent, educated butt-holes should be more like me and funkmeup. Right buddy? That's what you want right? Screw diversity! Stop pissing your money away on vehicles, homes, families, charitable donations, and stuff like that. Take your heads out of your asses you functional members of society! That about cover it, buddy? If it weren't for music lovers like us, there'd be no Nickelback. God bless America! Well--some of it anyway.

jimsan Fri 5/11/2007 07:00AM

that's holy shiz, joshers, we have kids here!

Astronaut Jones starstarstarstarstar Fri 5/11/2007 07:08AM

Astronaut Jones

Wow I give myself "thumbs up" for the above satire!

Astronaut Jones starstarstarstarstar Fri 5/11/2007 07:14AM

Astronaut Jones

Oh and just so all you not from Georgia know, the UNIVERSITY funkmeup attends--it's a PRIVATE UNIVERSITY. Know how much those cost? Where'd you get that money homey? I suppose you got a full ride scholarship or maybe just saved your money not buying VIP passes and concert tickets to events which also offer VIP passes...

jimsan Fri 5/11/2007 07:18AM

just joshin must a have a wicked nice mercedes. I myself drive a 1967 Bentley, well actually, I don't drive it, Benson does. He's my chauffer. I'm not going to this show though, Jamaica is a dump. When we get Moe. playing in the Greecian Islands I might think about it.

Astronaut Jones Fri 5/11/2007 07:26AM

Astronaut Jones

Mercedes are for poor people pal! I mean, my friends go to PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES for God sakes!

jimsan Fri 5/11/2007 07:31AM

I was gonna go to Harvard, but let's face it, my CEO dad decided to home school me instead cause he didn't want me socializing with a bunch of low life college kids. I can't wait to inheret his throne as leader of Enron, I'm gonna make even more money and screw even more people out of their retirement savings!! Then I can buy that island I've had my eye on in the Carribeann, and build a house that the Prince of Dubai would envy. Just joshin, you're invited, as long as your daddy makes seven figures a year, I wouldn't want to stoop too low or anything...

jimsan Fri 5/11/2007 07:44AM

Oh and by the way, the best band I've ever seen in Jamaica was Drums and Tuba, remember those boys? They were by far the best band at the first Bonnaroo, and even better that Fat Maw Roony.

Astronaut Jones Fri 5/11/2007 07:45AM

Astronaut Jones

thanks alot jimsan! tell you what--i'll even bring my waitstaff and then we can arrange our waitstaffs like chess pieces on the veranda (you do have a veranda right?) and play chess with them. can my pal funkmeup come too? since we're "doing nothing to help anything", we should just hire other rich "sick f*c*s" like us to roll around in our parent's money! super duper!
p.s.--i'll be heading to the Hampton's this weekend if you're up for a tennis tournament with my brother and sister Buffy and Muffy.

jimsan Fri 5/11/2007 07:49AM

Tennis, are you kidding me? If the sport doesn't involve purebred horses and polo sticks I don't consider it. And we can play some waitstaff chess, but I'm gonna hire Gary Kasparov to help me, so good luck with that one. But me brother Felton is a good chess player, he can help you.

Astronaut Jones Fri 5/11/2007 07:55AM

Astronaut Jones

Kasaprov-schmasperov. Bob Fisher lives next door to me. Your're right--tennis is sooooooo upper middle class. See you in the Hamptons!

jimsan Fri 5/11/2007 08:26AM

Let's have a vote:

What's worse?

The dirty, smelly, dog-toting, molly-pushing, natty ugly dreaded, stinky ole baseball cap wearing, miracle-begging, fake-acid dosing, oxycontin-riding, gross courdaroy waering, deadhead wannabees.

or

Job-having, ticket-purchasing, normal clothes wearing, beer-drinking, responsible fans.

It's a tough choice really.

mogorman21 Fri 5/11/2007 08:32AM

JIMSAN, WELL PUT.

danpfunk Fri 5/11/2007 08:42AM

jimsan and joshin - the best laughs I have had on jambase in a while. I will be laughing even harder when I hover over the shows in Jamaica in my private helicopter, and bungee down just above the crowd and sprinkle gold dust on their heads.

funkmeup Fri 5/11/2007 09:32AM

funkmeup

Damn Mr. Joshin, you really did your homework on me... I'm almost flattered. Despite somewhat regretting getting so drunk and putting up that rambling bullshit post, I actually see some good in it as it produced some excellent satire. Sorry for offending anyone... and for going to college at a private university (on scholarship, since you seem so interested, Mr. Joshin).

craikes13 Fri 5/11/2007 09:57AM

craikes13

Not a very good deal..........since you have to pay for the airfare.

For 1 person to go to Holidaze, you could almost get 2 people on Jamcruise. Hmmmm.........6 bands repeating themselves, in 1 location, and nothing to see otherwise... or 22 bands, 3 DJ's and 9 artists at large, 2 destinations, and the pleasure of rubbing elbows w/ people like George Porter Jr & Luther Dickinson?

ambrosiajam Fri 5/11/2007 11:17AM

I think its cool that umphreys is playing some sweet shit...the trancegression festival is kind of like a resort-lodge thing that i would never be able to afford and its not nearly as expensive as jamaica or jamcruise. but whatever you know? like, if your not gonna go, and you dont like the idea...its really cool and respectable to bitch about it. everyones always like FUCK BONAROO and FUCK 10K and fuck WAKARUSA. well who cares. i'm glad i dont actually see people like that at the shows. Usually i get a bad impression of somethin when i read these forums, and when i get there, fans are lovin every minute of it. most of the people who enjoy those shows dont sit here and bitch about it. or dont even read this shit. its beautiful. i hate music nazis. most of the people who sit here and bitch at this shit probably have piss ass jobs at the corner grocery store and wont go to any of these shows. and then if they do, they'll eat bunk drugs and have a shitty time.

i know i have a good time, sober or not. because i love concerts. and i wish i could go!

phishr82 Fri 5/11/2007 11:17AM

phishr82

to quote the big lebowski: "Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski. Condolences. The bums lost. My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?"

roberto767 Fri 5/11/2007 12:11PM

roberto767

I'm going to start buying my E pills now.....

MusicFreek420 starstarstarstarstar Fri 5/11/2007 01:05PM

Bring Praxis or Material to rock face!!!!!

toeknee420 Fri 5/11/2007 01:13PM

toeknee420

Wow, how are the Bisco Kids going to get their K down there? I dont think I want to know........

cuttyfives Fri 5/11/2007 01:39PM

im hoping umphreys stays out of lolla this summer...and by the way they are from indiana not chicago, so stop riding chicagos coat tails damnit. we dont need umphreys we got plenty of other dope cats. Fareed Haque rules!

moeMan1 Fri 5/11/2007 02:18PM

moeMan1

cuttyfives i have seen put that same post on every article written about um give it up!

ledisbri Fri 5/11/2007 02:28PM

y'all are a bunch of whiney overspoken bitches! who gives a fuck who can afford what?? the attitude on this string reminds me of someone strung out on pharmies for days, cranky bitches. heres a great happening we should all be proud of. we should be supporting this effort as a battle won in the war of jam music across the world and relish in the fact that we'll be bringin our stylie white asses to freak out jamaica rather than complain about it! we should be warriors on the positive change tip through music instead of fighting eachother and weakining the structure our predecessors worked so hard to lay down for us. if jerry read this fucking string he'd roll over in his grave! embrace positivity and change the world through good vibes and music. I hope the ghost of bob marley sees fit to shatter and rebuild the soul of each negative individual that sets foot on sacred jamaican soil.
jah live!

beatstock starstarstarstarstar Fri 5/11/2007 02:35PM

beatstock

wow i loveeeeee jambase and the awesome kids that fight harder on the computer than they do for their own sanity.

gmoo Fri 5/11/2007 02:50PM

gmoo

How am I the biggest custy on jambase? Is it because I use complete sentences and have an education?

gmoo Fri 5/11/2007 02:58PM

gmoo

Just-Joshin, I'm sorry to say that you are a moron. Maybe you should have gone to school for a couple extra years, bro. I can't believe you are arguing against education. If it wasn't for your education you would never have the opportunity to be on this computer typing all this bull. Check out the correlation between literacy and life expectancy before opening your mouth and try to pretend to know what you are talking about. GROW OURS > GOT MINE.

Makisupa_McGee starstarstarstarstar Fri 5/11/2007 03:34PM

Makisupa_McGee

Couldnt disagree more about joshin and jimsan

I halfway took a look at the posts to this article just to see all the negativity and hatin' bougenanies be puttin' up here when low-and-behold, Just Joshin comes outta nowhere with what is likely the biggest facial-smash to haters everywhere Ive ever seen.

Kudos to you, my good sir. You put up a great tell-it-like it is post and topped it off with some grade A humor as well.

And the best part of all, it was even good enough to get the hater to log back in, appoligise for his lame comments, and let us know he only said it becasue he was drunk. hey, at least you manned up enough to appologize and own up to being lame so youre ok in my book.

oh, one more thing, regardless if youre going or not, if you cant afford this festival you suck

montra1 starstarstarstar Fri 5/11/2007 05:01PM

Gmoo...I guess they don't teach y'all to read between the lines in Michigan. You are not a custy for having an education. You are a custy for asking if "treats" will be free on a jammy cruise. Maybe NEWB would have been more appropriate. And I'm a college grad by the way so don't try to insult me for saying "y'all". Keep your mushroom head outta here!

welting Sat 5/12/2007 08:59AM

welting

Damn this sounds like a really cool thing. Too bad I don't really like Umph or Bisco. Jam cruise, on the other hand...

BooneRes starstarstarstarstar Sat 5/12/2007 09:47AM

BooneRes

Funkmeup is a fucking moron........I guess if I lived in Macon, GA I would be pissed off at life too! If you don't have enough flow to go then that's your own damn fault, doesn't matter whatyour' excuse is. Stop spending your money on PBR and hair gel biatch!

robg7887 Sat 5/12/2007 12:11PM

IS ECSTASY LEGAL IN JAMAICA?

BGsteveBG starstarstarstarstar Sat 5/12/2007 06:18PM

BGsteveBG

When i was in jamaica i couldnt walk 20 feet without someone offering me pot. When i went to get back on the ship the cops hassled the hell out of me because they thought i was bringing some with.

and lets see, its about 7 months away..thats roughly 210 days.. if i save 5$ per day... ill be good!
Oh, wait. Too bad the tickets go on sale in like a week

jahrrrrastafari Sun 5/13/2007 09:35AM

righton ledisbri!! all you haters could take a note from that dude

O1Roggae Sun 5/13/2007 10:12AM

O1Roggae

Jamaica is one of my favorite places to stay. I almost got taken to jamaican prison last time i went on a cruise and tried sneakin some ganja back on the cruise. Other than that jamaica is awesome and is goin to be a great setting for Umph and Bisco and others to jam out. I'll definately be there if i can pull through with a good amount of cash. Is it by the nice part of jamaica, Ocho Rios or Santigo Bay?

colonel Sun 5/13/2007 01:19PM
JohnVoss starstarstarstarstar Mon 5/14/2007 01:14AM

JohnVoss

Wow, Im going to trancegression, but this could be the sweetest thing ever. I mean on the face of the planet. UMph and DBisco... F'n A. This is going to be a sweet show. I really love how the SCIFidelity crew is getting together to put some of the best shows together. Can't wait for the summer. Continue to keep us posted on the good sh!t.

JV

Astronaut Jones starstarstarstarstar Mon 5/14/2007 05:35AM

Astronaut Jones

Let me say:
(1) Kudos to funkmeup for admitting a drunken mistake. You're not from Texas are you? We all got um bro. Tell me, was it my searing satire or balls-out charisma that turned you? Congrats on the scholarship too. I was much too lazy to get one of those.
(2) danpfunk: glad you found it amusing. helicopters are sooo 80's
(3) gmoo: I was wondering how long it would take dinks like you to get all mad and misunderstand my point TOTALLY
(4) montra1: thank you for getting the point
(5) i love you guys! no matter what you see, go see some music. see how it brings us all together? even if it's to hate somebody. oh, and God bless Sarah Silverman!!!!

chasetc20 starstarstarstarstar Mon 5/14/2007 08:45AM

is this heaven jamaica bisco and umph

nuke_ticketbastard starstarstar Mon 5/14/2007 09:20AM

01roggae asked if this was in the nice part of jamaica , wich makes me wonder something. i have never been to jamaica , what is the political climate there? what sort of gov.'t is in place currently? are these resorts surrounded by trenchtown ghettos? is this another sun city?
keep in mind i am asking because i dont know , so please don't assume that i have made an assumption!

Makisupa_McGee Mon 5/14/2007 09:53AM

Makisupa_McGee

ive been once when i was much younger, and there are a ton of real bad areas in jamaica. its a pretty poor country but i hear its a real easy place to be poor since its always warm and no one starves to death cuz theres so much fat of the land to live off.

that being said, i think i recall hedonism being on one of the sickest beaches in the country and i think the two hotels are right by each other. so im sure the fest is in a very very nice part.

I highly suggest to anyone that goes to take a tour of the island...your hotel will should set you up with a nice enough cabbie who undoubtedly will be impossible to understand but very knowledgeable about the island

WillieWampus Mon 5/14/2007 10:01AM

WillieWampus

Who's Jerry?

danpfunk Tue 5/15/2007 08:03AM

Never been to Kingston but from what I understand you don't wanna go there, its a big city thats a mess. Thats on the southern side of the country anyway.

Montego Bay is decent, thats where the airport is on the NW side of the island. But Mo Bay is a real city/town so its not just resorts, you would likely interact with more locals. Negril is south and west of there, and is a popular young American type local, all resorts and not as much real Jamaica though IMO. Ocho Rios is east of Mo Bay, and is known for its waterfalls, I would say is more of a couples/family area.

Like alot of 3rd world countries, there is a lot of shadyness outside the walls of the mega resorts, but inside the resorts its like home. And of course whenever you travel abroad, be sure to follow local laws and customs (ganja is not legal), and keep your eyes open.

All that said, this event looks like you won't have to leave the walls of the resort. But if you do, you would find Jamaica to be full of good people who will do you right if you do the same to them. You will get treated like a rich tourist because essentially you are, but if you are cool with the people they will return the favor, and maybe then some.

Anyway thats been my experience there....

umphreak143 Tue 5/15/2007 08:53AM

jimsan :: 5/11/2007 8:26 AM +6

"Let's have a vote:

What's worse?

or

It's a tough choice really."

I don't really think this is a fair statement for you to make. I will be graduating with a degree in paralegal studies this summer, I work in a law firm part time, and also as a law librarian part time.....oh and guess what? I HAVE DREADS AND I LISTEN TO THE DEAD!!! I get profiled all the time for it but when people met me, I change their minds about dreaded people all the time. I love my Dreads. I don't use LSD, mali, k or whatever else that you small minded people like to imagine dreaded folk using in excess. I'm also very clean and wear cords from time to time. So the next time you'd like to make a generalization about your fellow music lovers who are just trying to enjoy the show as much as the next flower child, DON'T! Your negativity has ruined my day....but don't you worry your pretty head about it.....I'll be thinking of you when I drive my happy ass all the way from Florida to Illinois next week for Summer Camp and send some positive vibes your way.

oh by the way:
"jimsan1 :: 5/12/2007 12:11 AM +3

IS ECSTASY LEGAL IN JAMAICA?"

If your going to be negative about drug use...plese try to maintain some kind of consistancy!

Stay Human

cmaxwell Tue 5/15/2007 03:25PM

I am going to see both bands for the first time this summer in Atlanta. Just a curious question about their fan bases, is there a venue anywhere that yall don't fucking hate or think is run by Nazis? Jesus Christ! I haven't really been to any venue and walked away saying I'll never go back there.

Cleofus Tue 5/15/2007 03:40PM

Cleofus

getting the trustafarians and yuppynecks out of the country for a few days....

Dlta9 Fri 5/18/2007 10:16AM

The Biscuit scene is way to cracked out for me nowadays.
Oh by the way happy B-day Wavy Gravy. Me and Wavy share the same Birthday.

Peace and love

Kenny Dolan starstarstar Sun 5/20/2007 01:37AM

Kenny Dolan

Why do you people have to hate on the dreadlocked heads that happen to like the music and maybe a little molly to go with it. Let the kids party how they want. I manage the college pub at the university of miami and I still get down with the best of them. You people need to learn to not judge. It's all about the music before anything else. And my best employees also get down with the scene too, so that shows you that it is possible to get down and lead a productive, socially acceptable life.

YEM36313 starstarstarstarstar Mon 5/21/2007 08:45AM

YEM36313

I think that you guys are being super whinny about not being able to afford a trip to Jamaica... The people who can afford it should not have to deal with the people who want to cry about it. It's awesome that these people are teaming up to do a kick ass concert in a beautiful place. A lot hippies, (at least those with jobs) would love to travel outside of the country and see bands while doing it. It makes the whole vacation that much better. When those of you who feel it is imperitive to complain go out and get jobs and can afford to go, i think that you will feel the same way.

And by the way, not everyone going is a "trustifarian" or has "mommy and daddy" supporting them; some people just work hard and party hard. Being a hippy or having dreadlocks, or any of the other bullshit has nothing to do with it.
Umphreys and Bisco play a biz-illion concerts every year somewhere close to you, and you can go see them there... or you wait outside the airport on Dec. 13th and wait for a miracle...

Kenny Dolan Mon 5/21/2007 09:28AM

Kenny Dolan

Amen to the YEM work hard and party hard I work 55 hours a week and still catch at least one show a week, it's about the music more than anything else

Thom starstarstarstarstar Mon 5/21/2007 04:50PM

This is one of the first times I have seen the scene being dissected like this, and I think it brings up a good point. We all come together to gather with the music being the only common bond. Going on some years of experience I can say I have scored bunk from dready kids and frat boys alike. You know it will happen again, but it will not be a deterrent from spending my hard-earned pay on a festival ticket. You got to support the local vendors as always, but its up to us to make things kinder by buying from those who are fair. Not buying from those that are not kind... That being said I can't wait to see some shows with all you beautiful people, trustfund bought or not.

Kenny Dolan Mon 5/21/2007 06:37PM

Kenny Dolan

It's the dready frat boys with the hookup... I speak from firsthand experience.....aka I am one

In Hoc

cavemandan Mon 6/25/2007 08:44AM

1000 clams for 4 days is like $250 a day.... subtract a hotel room that values easily 100+ a day plus admission to a show that easily woudl be $50 a day and meals and drinks that you can easily spend $100 a day on and wow all of the sudden this is a deal!.... some hotel rooms cost over $200 a day... with no meals... no bands.... no friends... sounds like paradise to me.... if you cant swing 2 g's for the vacation of a lifetime then maybe the problem is you and not the scene... if you smoke cigs then reward yourself with just 1 year in savings.... supply and demand...thanks to Bisco for even providing this as an option for us.... i am just not so sure i wanna see all of you naked hehehehe...the best part is you can pack real lite....lol...Jamacia here we come!...and we will put the JAM back in JAMacia!...

Tripping Billie Thu 10/25/2007 12:02AM

Tripping Billie

Wow! I came in here to look for folks that are going and to chat with them. This place is a degrading mad house!! Honestly I don't think I want to chat with many of you.