BISCUITS: JAM ON THE RIVER

BISCUITS TO HEADLINE JAM ON THE RIVER

The Disco Biscuits
The Disco Biscuits are extremely overjoyed to announce that they will be headlining the Jam On The River Festival in Philly for the 5th year in a row! This year's lineup is absolutely ridiculous!

The Disco Biscuits will play last on Saturday, May 26 at the Great Plaza at Penn's Landing. They will also perform a special late-night show at the Electric Factory on Sunday, May 27. On Saturday, they will be joined by Common and Bustle in your Hedgerow, featuring Joe Russo and Marco Benevento! That night, Conspirator will play a special late-night show at the Electric Factory with STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9), who plays at the Great Plaza on Sunday before the Biscuits' Factory throw-down! In addition to STS9, the Sunday lineup includes performances by Dark Star Orchestra, the Wailers, and John Butler Trio. Grimace Federation will appear at the Factory with the Biscuits!

TICKET FOR THIS EVENT WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PRE-SALE ON MONDAY, APRIL 9 THROUGH BISCOTIX. Tickets go on-sale to the general public on Saturday, April 14.

There will be a full package available with hotels, transportation, and tickets. Details to come on Monday at www.jamontheriver.com.

All Disco Biscuits tour dates available here.

[Published on: 4/6/07]

Comments

vcd106 starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/6/2007 12:37PM

Damn, that's a sick lineup. Knew it was coming, didn't realize it would be that sick. Was hoping the new deal would be here as well, but oh well, can't complain with that. Gonna be a crazy memorial day weekend in philly!

fsu420 starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/6/2007 12:39PM

holy shit....

dfreshvt starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/6/2007 12:49PM

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! HERE IT IS... WITH SOUND TRIBE, SO FUCKIN SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To cap off a sick NE run that hits LUPOS and higher ground. Wait, did I mention lupos?

gmoo starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/6/2007 01:23PM

gmoo

Yeah sick lineup. I might have to make a drive to see this for sure.

spaceface7 Fri 4/6/2007 01:40PM

BISCUITS IN BUFFALO 5/20 WHOOOOOO

cavemandan Fri 4/6/2007 02:56PM

oh yes... couldn't imagine this jam without bisco!... philly get ready....

boxofrain starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/6/2007 02:56PM

Bisco, Conspirator, STS9 and Common SHIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!! I will be there!!

jammin5 Fri 4/6/2007 03:04PM

jammin5

wow that looks great...wish i could make it over

TedSki Fri 4/6/2007 03:51PM

STS9 will own this place

VAteonanacatl Fri 4/6/2007 03:53PM
Cottell starstar Fri 4/6/2007 04:03PM

If WEEN doesn't play at this i'm goin to be real surprised. They've been at every jam so far and blew everybody away. They should headline everyone bein from the philly area and all. It would really suck ...

dantron7 Fri 4/6/2007 04:16PM
bBlack Fri 4/6/2007 05:11PM

This already has the makings of "my band is better than yours" pissing contest for the millionth time. STS9 and Bisco are both awesome and will both "own" the festival when each is on stage.

lvcheese Fri 4/6/2007 05:28PM
rulosa01 starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/6/2007 05:44PM

Legit

Gotta get my ass down there. conspirator and sts9... that'll be a fucking dance party.

Stevie_t starstarstarstarstar Fri 4/6/2007 05:53PM

one of the sickest festival lineups this side of the mississippi.

and there are only like 8 or so bands. way to go JOTR.

moogot2 Fri 4/6/2007 06:30PM
Zapzapa Fri 4/6/2007 08:36PM

Zapzapa

Dude this looks sick STS9 And Conspirator in the same venue gonna be a dance party oh yeah

All Loving Liberal White Guy Fri 4/6/2007 10:37PM
Shane Sat 4/7/2007 06:01AM

holy fuckin cock!

kennett star Sat 4/7/2007 08:24AM
Gratefulchef2 Sat 4/7/2007 08:47AM
matingcall starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 09:06AM

kennett, u suck! Chef, u can chef my nut sack! DISCO BISCUITS ROCK!

maze920 Sat 4/7/2007 09:41AM

maze920

Some would argue about the west being short on good shows to see. I'm glad to see STS9 and the Biscuits together. Maybe we'll get some more of the Hemp Allstars jams. Seems like both have alot to offer.

mattland starstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 10:12AM
Aorta Frequency starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 11:47AM

Aorta Frequency

Fuck Yeah!!! shit's gonna be sooo hott. cant we all learn to open our minds a bit and just be happy with the 2 day rage fest their givin us. it doesnt matter who's better, tribe or biscuits/conspirator...there both fuckin sick and are doing the same damn thing. & what about Benevento/Russo Duo. cant miss it!

acomma starstar Sat 4/7/2007 12:42PM
moogot2 Sat 4/7/2007 12:54PM
jeremyatt starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 01:07PM

jeremyatt

wow talk about lucky i'm goin to philly that weekend and i thought it was gonna suck cuz i'm missing summer camp luckily this is the same weekend

All Loving Liberal White Guy star Sat 4/7/2007 01:15PM
cavemandan Sat 4/7/2007 02:15PM

derma you still have a mullet?

Cottell Sat 4/7/2007 02:28PM
odoyle1008 starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 03:12PM

Yall obviously havent been to a biscuit show cuz yall have no fucking clue what your talkin about..biscuits are THE definition of what real musical talent is--whens the last time STS played one whole continuous set sequeing all 8 songs..point and case bitches...

This festival kills

All Loving Liberal White Guy Sat 4/7/2007 03:15PM
odoyle1008 Sat 4/7/2007 03:27PM

they may not be the best crowds, and the may not be the old biscuits w/ sammy, give em credit-theyve had their new drummer for one year and hes already shown huge improvements lately, so seriously listen to real music

Kadgar starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 03:31PM

I love both bands, but it seems that STS9 doesn't really "jam" anymore. Anyone know of any recent shows where they do?

BooneRes starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 04:02PM

BooneRes

That comment by Dermatitis Maximus could be the most rediculous shit iv ever read on here and couldn't be farthr from the truth......i think he is in fact the douche bag with abercrombie, thong sandals, and vertical stripes. Nice list of "bands" fucking custy.....

bigfro Sat 4/7/2007 04:25PM

bigfro

CHeestakes and nong hits for everyone I'm taking the Philly bus.

Rainking04 starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 05:58PM

WOW HOLY FUCK

this may be the best lineup i've seen yet! Biscuits & STS9 together for a festival! was waiting for this to happen.

i love the way the fans fight over all these bands when they obviously have shitloads of respect for each other and love to play together. Get over it guys, we're all in this together, like it or not...

and as for everything else: DSO!B&R!COMMON!JOHN BUTLER TRIO!
i love the small number but still excellent balance that this fest already shows, i'm gonna have to find a way to get out to this!

mcallis1 starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 06:36PM
mcallis1 Sat 4/7/2007 06:38PM

I cant write or type

dantron7 Sat 4/7/2007 09:12PM
acomma star Sat 4/7/2007 09:31PM
CheesyPhishBiscuits starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 09:45PM

the disco biscuits is the reason im comin to philly, and im from texas. on top of that STS9 w/ conspirator! omfg. ridiculous, cant wait to see who else is gonna be there.

CheesyPhishBiscuits starstarstarstarstar Sat 4/7/2007 09:51PM

Dermatitis Maximus, ur pissing me the fuck off. if you dont like the biscuits then get off of this forum. if you LOVE and orgasm disco biscuits like me then post on this forum. u suck dermatitis maximus, you dont know good music

Cottell star Sun 4/8/2007 12:05AM
Cottell star Sun 4/8/2007 12:07AM
Cottell Sun 4/8/2007 12:23AM
Cottell Sun 4/8/2007 12:25AM
All Loving Liberal White Guy starstarstarstarstar Sun 4/8/2007 12:49AM
Rainking04 starstarstarstarstar Sun 4/8/2007 10:13AM

wow guys your genius comments have totally enlightened me!

I'm a complete moron who has no idea what i'm doing because, hey, i'm a biscuits fan, so i must be eating molly every day, right! You're right, the biscuits songs are completely simple, and especially when they jam, well, they don't really do anything unique it all! Wow, i'm glad you guys showed me the light!

but, seriously, when the fuck are the people on this site going to grow up! Ever?! how can it possibly be so hard to see that this music has NOTHING to do with competition!? you people who still post about how one band is better than the other, and spend time posting about bands you don't like may as well be screaming "I'm a bitter asshole who, for some reason, can't just ignore music i don't like and listen to what i do like, i have to act like i'm smarter than others because of my preferences, because i'm just THAT immature!"

phalluscooper Sun 4/8/2007 10:20AM

phalluscooper

Cottel & Dermatitis: Why so negative toward a segment of the jam scene that you're so obviously into?

"Don't shit where you eat, my friend. - WEEN

mattland Sun 4/8/2007 10:31AM

mattland

I love how everyone gets bent out of shape on these boards when we've all probably partied together at one show or one fest or another. We all have different tastes in music. Personally, I think Bisco is nothing special; but STS9 and JBT are 2 of my favorite live acts. If you like Bisco or Ween, I don't care. It doesn't mean that you're a K-kid or a douchebag for diggin one band or not diggin another. Just chill, y'all.

There's plenty of good music to go around.

Rebacreates Sun 4/8/2007 11:01AM
Aorta Frequency starstarstarstarstar Sun 4/8/2007 04:05PM

Aorta Frequency

fuck yea...mattland

coley420 starstarstarstarstar Sun 4/8/2007 07:39PM

coley420

I cant wait it is truely summer now!

uncljohnsband5 Sun 4/8/2007 08:47PM

Whose got my headie K?

Kadgar starstarstarstarstar Sun 4/8/2007 09:38PM

dantron7, I don't really agree with you, but I will check that out. I guess I got turned off of sts9 through 05-06 when it seemed like they just stop jamming. I still liked their songs, but I need some improv to jump on tour. I don't think the biscuits suck, although I will say I use to. Then I happen to walk by the tent they were playing at during Waka and was hooked. When I went to the STS9 set, I felt like I was riding around in my car listening to them. I quickly jumped over to Bela.

Oh, and I never understood why people care what other people think of the bands that they like. Going to a highschool where I was the only one who knew who the hell Phish was taught me that.

Kadgar Sun 4/8/2007 10:19PM

Just listened to the Peoples. It was good, and I'm glad they're breaking out of the box. Reminded me of 98-00 Phish, like a Sand jam. But...
It still doesn't do anything like "blow the Biscuits out of the river." In fact, it was too diffrent from anything the Biscuits do. Apples and Oranges.

Case closed.

Kadgar Sun 4/8/2007 10:27PM

Oh, and if you're a Sts9 fan, you should check out the biscuits Boom Shanker from 2-17-07 Starland Ballroom.

toeknee420 Mon 4/9/2007 05:00AM

toeknee420

K-Hole on the River 2007
brought to you by Foaming @ da Mouf Productions

inkjazz Mon 4/9/2007 07:23AM

A fest is fest. People should appreciate the fact we can go out there and listen to live music together. This doesn't happen in all countries.

dantron7 Mon 4/9/2007 07:54AM
toeknee420 Mon 4/9/2007 08:26AM

toeknee420

Isnt Ween short for weenie?

Maestro starstarstarstar Mon 4/9/2007 08:32AM

Maestro

Anyway ya look at it.....I am starting to stretch for this one, I will be dancing my (non mollied, X, or anything other than herb) ass off. Period. Philly will be bumpin for this one...

dantron7 Mon 4/9/2007 08:37AM

i hope its not swage since u being close to philly and it beening the dry season

chasetc20 starstarstarstar Mon 4/9/2007 08:39AM

what a sick line up, such a good mix of jams

deftone984 Mon 4/9/2007 08:48AM

deftone984

dermatitis, while i agree with you on some bisco lyrics being weak as hell ... i dont think you prove your point with that display. those lyrics are on the same plane of cheesiness as anything coming from bisco. im not going to compare the two musically, because they both kick ass in their own respect, but i dont think ween is safe from accusations of dumb lyrics. ohh and sts9 and tdb dont make the same type of music. so why are they always doing battle on these forums?

Maestro starstarstar Mon 4/9/2007 09:43AM

Maestro

Um SWAG isn't in my vocabulary.....Romulin X Cotten Candy, Kali Mist, and Diesel are the FLAVORS of this month.....The Pagent on 4/20 will smell tittytastic, I can PROMISE you that...

ryan621 Mon 4/9/2007 10:37AM

deftone, proofread before you post that made no sense.

Kadgar Mon 4/9/2007 10:51AM

ryan621, I think deftone's post makes alot of sense. And dantron, I meant they're getting out of the box they built around themselves. But, as I said before, I like both bands, and you're very lucky if you're able to go. I'm stuck in the midwest for right now.

Rainking04 starstarstarstarstar Mon 4/9/2007 11:02AM

LOL at dantron, thanks for all the wisdom, bud!

"i think its funny that the biscuits had to replace a drummer and still call themselves the same thing"
yeah the grateful dead never did that
"u live in the shit hole of philly"
way to be "grown up" about it!
"u fokes on here are young and dumb sorry i had to be mean."

wow thanks for sharing your wisdom with us, i think we all understand now!

vcd106 starstarstarstarstar Mon 4/9/2007 11:10AM

^^^Seriously danton, and every song they played on jam cruise was the same as NYE, sure it was buddy...

gmoo starstarstarstarstar Mon 4/9/2007 01:02PM

gmoo

I don't get these comments. Dermatitis, are you a) trying to get people who haven't listened to the Disco Biscuits to not listen to them ever, or b) trying to get Bisco-heads to agree with you that they are no good. What are you afraid of? Are you really scared of this band having fans? I don't understand what all this FEAR MONGORING is all about. I like Ween less than I like Bisco, but I don't feel the need to tell Ween fans this. I am 22, and the last time I checked I wasn't in middle school anymore. Trying to make people feel shitty for liking a band is childish. Music cannot be judged on a scale from 1-10, so grow up.

kaiserbun starstar Mon 4/9/2007 01:25PM

this dermatitis maximus guy is crackin me up, some of the weirdest shit gets posted on the biscuits articles. personally, i think they are hit or miss. sometimes the jams are great and sometimes its just god awful. i usually have to fast-forward through the lyrics when i'm listening to the tapes. the singing is just unbearable. they are also way too one-dimensional. i like it when bands can tackle more than one style and play it all equally well. that being said, these guys have produced some of the best jams i've ever heard. you just have to get through all the parts that suck, which for me is way too many.

gmoo starstarstarstarstar Mon 4/9/2007 01:25PM

gmoo

Here's a summary of what has been said so far: "My favorite band and hometown are better than yours." If all yalls hometown is so much better than Phili or my hometown Detroit, why don't you all just stay there and let the people who enjoy the company of others who are different than themselves do the partying. You elitists make no sense. If everyone should be as cool and hip as you all, wouldn't that make you less elite? The fact is some people will always try to put themselves on a pedistal, and it extends far beyond this website or music in general. Why does there have to be so many SHITTY HUMAN BEINGS that like the same music I do?

mjnyman starstarstarstar Mon 4/9/2007 01:50PM

mjnyman

To put it simply this is as sick lineup from top to bottom. I am going to dance my ass off. Never been to the Electic Factory- real excited! This is going to be one hell of a weekend.

baggpig starstarstarstar Mon 4/9/2007 08:01PM
Rainking04 starstarstarstarstar Mon 4/9/2007 08:18PM

please tell me that by "bad vibe" you don't mean sound tribe

please

gmoo Tue 4/10/2007 01:18AM

gmoo

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Just ridiculous.

bigfro Tue 4/10/2007 04:26AM

bigfro

John Butler said in relix that he hates Jam Music and thinks there is no song writing going on. The dude has one song with 40 different sets of lyrics. If never changing your sound ever is songwriting then fine, but why do we welcome him when he just sucks off our scene and badmouths us. The guys so tired he needs a chair on stage.

sunphishit starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/10/2007 04:36AM

We should all be grateful that such a mindblowing festivel is happening in our time..philly is going to be off the hook..see everyone soon!

JakeCinningerisgod Tue 4/10/2007 07:03AM

Biscuits r awesome, i might have to go to this ive never seen STS9 and i really really want to, when i hear there shows i cant really get into it, i tihnk its one of those shows that you have to be at when u first hear them to get into them, not ripping them at all im really excited to see them because of all the hype, never hear anything bad about em. John Butler trio is awesome to havnt seen them live yet either

Mdpickles starstarstarstarstar Tue 4/10/2007 09:30AM

Gille', Ill see you there. JOTR+all my PhillyPhriends=DEEP FRIED OREOS+fun. Biscuits/STS9/Conspirator/Wailers/Latenight shows, what more can you want? Well, one want, for those of you who like to hate on any or all of these bands, please don't have any children.

wes3 Tue 4/10/2007 04:15PM

GRIMACE!!!!!

deftone984 Tue 4/10/2007 04:23PM

deftone984

has anyone looked into the "all in" pass? its sounds like a good deal... but looking for a second opinion.

toeknee420 Wed 4/11/2007 07:44AM

toeknee420

I went to a Biscuits show once. Someone was so fucked up they actually tried snorting a cat.

The1AndOnlyDJCT starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/11/2007 09:11AM

This is a sick diverse line-up for a great price.

Deftone, the all in pass looks like a good deal. But I think you need two people per room, so that means you're basically paying $200 a night for a room and getting a free shuttle. (It's $300 per person for two nights, the concert tickets only add up to $100 per person)

I'm looking around for a cheaper place to stay, but having that shuttle to and from the Electric Factory shows would definitely be nice. I'm considering it. Anyone know of a good place to stay in Philly?

vcd106 starstarstarstar Wed 4/11/2007 12:49PM

Dude there are plenty of hotels near both Penn's Landing and the E-factory. By near I mean less than $8 cab ride.

I'd use priceline. You can probably get super cheap hotel rooms since the city will be somewhat quiet with so many people at the beach. Although it would be fun to stay in the biscuit hotey and use the shuttle, it seems a little pricy to me.

ScIFreak starstarstarstarstar Wed 4/11/2007 03:15PM
Rainking04 Wed 4/11/2007 06:40PM

awww did barber break your hoola-hoop or something?

moomoocomehome Wed 4/11/2007 09:29PM

moomoocomehome

Definitely going for STS9 and Conspirator latenite, but sadly out of money for the rest of the weekend. I'm sure it will be amazing...

bigfro Thu 4/12/2007 11:43AM

bigfro

JOhn Butler needs a chair becaue he's tired

cavemandan Thu 4/12/2007 02:09PM

ScIFreak :: 4/11/2007 3:15 PM :: -1

The Disco Buiscuits should all get together and blow echothers brains out. Or maybe blow up one of the shitty venues they fucking play at and kill every one assholes

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE REPORT THIS TERROISTIC THREAT TO THE HOMELAND SECURITY? THIS IS A VERY ILLEGAL HATE CRIME AND JAMBASE IS SUPPORTING THIS TERROIST ACTIVITY AND WILL BE FOUND GUILTY OF BEING A SAFE HARBOR FOR THESE TERRORISTIC THREATS.

Death Cube K Sun 7/27/2008 01:36AM