Back to Jobs
Information Dept. Internship: Spring 2012
To be determined (4 days/week split between 2 interns - Flexible)
10:00 - 4:00pm (20 hours/week - Flexible)
Spring Semester 2012 (ongoing)
Please send a cover letter and resume to Sabrina@jambase.com.
Also, please include your response to these two questions in your submission:
- What are the first five websites that you check out every morning?
- What are three top websites (not JamBase) that you rely on for daily music and tour news?
Production, Content and Information, and Sales
This is an unpaid position in exchange for College Credit
- Adding show listings dates into the database.
- Updating and enhancing existing show listings (ticket links, show times, show descriptions etc.).
- Adding artist profiles to the database.
- Updating existing artist profiles (bios, photos, tour dates, links, etc.).
- Associating events to new and existing sales deals.
- Fact checking and quality control on current and new profiles and listings.
- Creating online contests.
- Assist Sales and Production by researching, filtering, and editing content.
- Excellent communication skills.
- PC and Mac experience.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Multi-tasker who can shift priorities quickly.
- Independent worker who is also willing to seek assistance when necessary.
- Works well under pressure related to deadlines.
- Capacity to understand web-based applications and productivity software.
- Basic Excel skills.
- Knowledge of the live music industry a plus.
- Interest in online music communities.
- General knowledge of the web and light HTML (experience is helpful, but will train the right candidate).
- Light copy editing and photo cropping.
- Passion for music!
*Our office is located in South of Market in San Francisco, only 2 blocks from Cal-train and Muni lines.
For ten years, JamBase has pursued the vision to connect music fans with the music they love, and to encourage fans to "Go See Live Music." With the web's largest database of show listings and ticket information, and highly personalized, socially enabled content, JamBase connects music fans with the music they love, and then connects the music industry to those fans. More than a half-million people participate in the JamBase Community every month. They rely upon the JamBase website to find the most accurate show listings available comprising over 50 music genres and over 80,000 artists performing in 100,000 venues throughout the world. JamBase is headquartered in San Francisco and can be found on our website: www.jambase.com
Back to Jobs